Hollow Pleasure Ch. 15 - Epilogue

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But Galloway and Ethan were stuck in their own fog of grief. This would be the last time that they would get to spend together. Though Ethan was a grown man, capable of making his own decisions, must of his independence was still new. He still needed his mother for many things, and she needed him. Especially after recent events. It was a move they'd make together, however reluctantly.

Meg was waiting patiently in the car for the two to finish their goodbyes. Then it would really be over.

They sat on the front steps of the Connelly House. The very same place that only months ago, a strong and outgoing woman with wild raspberry hair, torn jeans, and combat boots had sat down and said hi to a lonely young man.

Neither of them spoke for a very long time, what felt like an eternity. They were both afraid that if they did, it would start the wheels turning to the final goodbye- something they were both dreading.

They stared down at their shoes.

"It's for the best, you know," Galloway said, trying to sound practical. But she instead sounded robotic and cold.

Ethan didn't reply.

"It's best for both of us," she continued. "You need to spend more time with your mom. And we were both going to eventually go in different directions with our lives. We kind of have to let each other go."

Ethan didn't look at her. She felt a little hurt by that. But when she looked closer she understood why. He was crying.

"Come here, kid," Galloway said. She could hear Ethan sniffling and it broke her heart. "Give me a hug."

He threw his arms around her and they held each other for several long minutes. It wasn't long enough for either of them. She doubted no amount of time would ever be. She discreetly wiped her eyes so he wouldn't see the tears when she let him go.

"You remember how I like to read?" He asked. "Sometimes I get sad and cry when I finish reading a book. Because the characters become like my friends, and there won't be anymore chapters that I'll get to spend time with them." His voice was quivering.

Galloway didn't trust her voice not to break. She only nodded.

"This is like that, but way worse. Because you really were my friend. The best one I ever had. And now that story is over."

"It'll never be," she assured him. "Because we'll always be friends. You can come visit whenever you want. And even if we don't see each other again, I will never forget you. I promise. Every single day of my life, I'll take a few seconds to think about you, and wonder where you are and how you're doing. And I'll smile remembering you. I'm not bullshitting either. I know I will."

"I will too."

"But our story won't be over, okay?"

He nodded, still sniffling.

***

1A

The jitters that Ethan felt over the first day of school never changed, no matter how old he got. It was a trembling fear, combined with butterflies in his stomach, an urge to cry and a desperate hope that his future would be filled with wonderful friends and memories.

On an impulse, shortly after the move, Ethan had applied to a local community college and been accepted. While most students started in the summer/fall semester, he was beginning in the winter— shortly after the holiday break.

It was a welcome change— Ethan had been in a fog for a long time. He missed Galloway and Quinn... but especially Galloway. That feeling hadn't faded since moving out. They kept in touch but it wasn't the same. And now that feeling was worse than ever as he nervously walked into the lecture hall of the main building with his backpack slung over one shoulder. He felt as though he would have to wait the rest of his life, just to talk to Galloway about everything that's happened in the last few days. He wished that she was there to reassure him... but she wasn't. That reassurance would have to come from within.

He checked his schedule for the hundredth time, and despite being meticulous, he'd accidentally walked into the wrong classroom twice. When he found the lecture hall, the professor was already in the process of taking attendance. He felt like a spotlight was cast on him the moment he walked in and all eyes glanced in his direction.

He kept his head down and his shoulders hunched as he navigated the rows of desks. He managed to shuffle to an empty desk beside a rather attractive and slender brunette with long straight hair. She glanced at him, and suddenly Ethan was struck. Danni Esposito? His former neighbor from 1A!

She offered him a polite smile that said she didn't recognize him.

"Danni? You go here?" He was shocked.

She looked momentarily confused. Then recognition flooded across her features. She had to do a double take. "Ethan?" Her high voice managed to whisper. "Is that you? I didn't recognize you. Where are your crutches?"

For some wild and crazy reason, despite his usual tendency to be frank, he instead glanced at himself, then looked to the ceiling in feigned exasperation. "Ugh. I knew I'd forget something today."

She looked at him in disbelief, but started to snicker. They both had to keep their voices down to fend off the fit of giggles that was threatening to overtake them.

When they settled, he whispered "I guess I won't be needing them anymore. I think we can guess why."

"Yeah," Danni said, her voice quieting down and becoming more serious. "I guess we do."

They sat together in class, and all throughout the course of the lecture, they were both sneaking little glances at each other.

Towards the end of the class, as they sat taking notes, Ethan felt a nudge on his free hand. He glanced over and Danni was smiling at him. There was something in her expression. Then she laced her fingers through his.

When the class ended, they were still holding hands.

*** The End ***

  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
10 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Really enjoyed this series, just one thing… why couldn’t Rob have fixed everyones memories to make them all forget? Seems the most obvious way to make amends.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I do not know why you mind control writers seem to have high need of justice. It is not hot. Kinda ruined my jakooff midway chapter 7

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hi! Not sure you'll see this because it's regarding your current story with Jake and Callie. First, just wanted to say you're a great writer and thanks so much for sharing your work. Beyond that, wanted to ask if you could please allow Jake some dignity soon. NTR where the bad guy wins is too hard for me. Thus I don't usually read it. But your previous story allowed the husband to regain his self-respect and the villain and evil wife to be punished. It was great! That stuck out to me as I hadn't seen any NTR stories do that. Please let that be the case now!

I'd also prefer Callie come to her senses and realize she only wants Jake. She's behaving very badly but I'm hoping she hasn't ruined any chance of reconciliation with her husband. She seems a more loving person than Alex of the former story. She at least feels guilt and remorse. (Albeit less and less at this point.) And she was pretty innocent in the beginning and is clearly infatuated with a cruel, manipulative man. Not that this excuses her actions. It just allows them to be better understood. (And I hope forgiven by Jake.) If she doesn't end up with Jake, I'd still like to know her fate. In fact, I'm still curious what happened to Alex. lol.

Basically, my main thing is for Andre and his prostitution ring to be destroyed and for Jake to be happy. I'd prefer with Callie, but if not, with someone else. I hated that the husband in the previous story was alone in the end. (Though again thrilled he was at least on top.)

Thank you again for all of your work. Sorry to leave this comment here. I couldn't leave it on the actual story as you know. Looking forward to your next update!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Fantastic story! I particularly love Galloway and her story - any chance of a sequel starring her? :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story and a very satisfying ending. You created some very good characters and really breathed life into them. My only (very minor) disappointment was that I would have liked to know more about the forces that gave Rob his powers. Regardless, it's a very well written piece with very satisfying sex scenes (something a lot of authors seem to leave out these days). I'm really looking forward to your next work!

Show More
Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Similar Stories

Comforting My Neighbor's Daughter I fuck my innocent neighbor when she comes to me for comfort.in Mature
Revenge of the Nerd: Bitch Sister Nerd uses formula to make his sister his submissive slut.in Mind Control
The Busty Babysitter John has it bad for his top heavy young babysitter.in NonConsent/Reluctance
Three Days of Watching my Wife Fuck Vacation, watching reluctant wife fuck Spring Breakers.in Loving Wives
Tara Gets Taken Ch. 01 Sexy wife gets taken and he watches and records it all.in NonConsent/Reluctance
More Stories