All Comments on 'Homeless'

by gordo12

Sort by:
  • 124 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Delightful story! Still some decent people around willing to help those in need.

My scrotum only swelled up to the size of golf balls after the vasectomy.

5

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
Bordering on Christmas Magic

Really great story, I'm not a weepy kind of guy but between the mother & child finding a place in a busy & heartless town to the account of a baby gripping a grown-up finger it got me good! Brilliant and wonderfully written story, Thank You 5***** and worth MUCH MORE!

Eugenia4allEugenia4allover 3 years ago
Lovely

what a lovely story. Very emotional thankyou ! 5*s !

jetpacksamjetpacksamover 3 years ago
TOO SHORT!!!

Thank you for a wonderful story.

wapentakewapentakeover 3 years ago

A heartwarming story, in the spirit of Christmas and the season of goodwill. A well deserved five stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
My 2 cents

I enjoyed reading this story. You did not waste time and got right in on the meat of the story. Sometimes a build up is good, but your style works for this story. 5 stars. Thanks for your time and your imagination.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
A GOOD STORY

The only difficulty I had was the lawyer acting as a detective and taking charge of the investigation. Then I remind myself that this is fiction and really a great story.

GOOD WRITING JOB! 5*

Storyteller0112Storyteller0112over 3 years ago

It would be hypocritical of me to complain of a contrived story, so I shall not. Very moving and a very happy ending. Those are the best kinds of stories. 5 stars, a favorite story, and a follow this author. -Storyteller0112

tangledweedtangledweedover 3 years ago

Nice little heart warming story.

I am just putting this out there, but if I see a story mentioning Trump, Biden, AOC or any of those other idiots, the score will get a mandatory, proportionate downgrade from its true rank.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A wonderful, heart-warming story and not that far-fetched. I would bet that this actually happens, more than we realize... I especially like how Emma bonded with her REAL FATHER, Royce. HE was the one that took take of his family, BEFORE THEY WERE HIS FAMILY!!

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Damn good

Every good mans fantasy to get to be a knight in shining armor like this.

cementhead35cementhead35over 3 years ago

Really sweet story...from someone in the legal profession, the timeline is a bit optimistic, with everything falling so perfectly in line, but still...very sweet.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent!

This was an extremely well written and enjoyable tale.

I am enough of a conspiracy theorist to find it extremely believable.

32aa32aaover 3 years ago
Beautiful!!

Thank you so much for this tender loving story in this time of such conflict. It was truly and bright spot in my day.... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Bh76Bh76over 3 years ago

A little rushed and on the cusp of reality, but sweet. 5* thank you.

gordo12gordo12over 3 years agoAuthor

It's not the kind of thing you like to admit. But I liked writing this story. And I hoped people would like it. When I got up this morning and saw the score and the kind comments, I got a little teary. It's been such a shit Christmas this year, but you all made me feel more like the spirit of the season.

Thank you all for your kind comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Alternate title

Emma latches on.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago
Outstanding

Thanks for sharing.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 3 years ago
Why Not?

If you're going to write a fantasy story in that mecca of Fantasyland called Literotica, you might just as well go whole hog! Dream away, make everything come out roses (or dollars, as the case may be). Don't stint on the dreams, because you know when you're done you have to come back to earth and that sucks. 4* but probably could go higher if I didn't live up to my handle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Unbelievable,

too easy, too pat, and I loved it!

I've had two finger-grabbing little girls I was forced to walk down the aisle and hand over to young men. THAT part is absolute truth!

5 stars for sure.

AloneTooLongAloneTooLongover 3 years ago

I loved the story but was a bit confused about the hotel manager's name.

arrowglassarrowglassover 3 years ago
A REALLY good read!!!

Thanks for this one!

Sunset154Sunset154over 3 years ago
Great Story

Thanks for the great story about how we as human can show compassion, especially at this time of the year and in the crazy world we are living in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Overcritical gave you 4*!

You’ve mentioned you want those who don’t like your stories to just move along. OK, I’ll move along once I’ve said that I’m amazed you got such a good score from him.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank You

Thanks for this story. Not what I was looking for on this site, but gripped me all the way to the end.

Truly the nicest story I have read for a very long time.

chris73170chris73170over 3 years ago
One error but great story

Gordo you only had one error and that is where you said beth's former employer but i knew you meant julie's. It was a great story and brought tears to this old man's eyes. I hit both buttons and will add you to my list of authors.

Indulgences1960Indulgences1960over 3 years ago
Great Read!

This was a great read. A good story with a good ending. Something we can all used in the world today.

Just a note though, 4-day old babies don't have Chernobyl diapers. They hardly smell at all until the baby gets a little older. It happens rather quickly, from no smell to nose-air curling, but not for a month or two (speaking from first hand experience)

Crusader235Crusader235over 3 years ago
Great

Great Christmas, and winter story. Five Stars!

gordo12gordo12over 3 years agoAuthor

@One error but great story

A million read-throughs and I didn't spot that. Smacks head!!! Thanks for pointing it out. I've corrected the submission copy in case I use it again.

DMaster_14DMaster_14over 3 years ago
Thoroughly enjoyable

A great read, well laid out with enough romance to keep anyone interested. Well worth five stars.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyover 3 years ago

1st person can have a huge impact for the reader giving them deeper involvement within the story. Unfortunately that is completely lost when you include 3rd person events. If you cannot write within tge confines dictated by 1st person then just write in 3rd person.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good cry

Must have needed a good cry. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

I have no idea what bothers me about this story. I just didn't receive the emotional response others have. I liked the corruption subplot but the romance but the MC didn't come across as authentic. Maybe it's just me as I have been in a mood lately

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Fun Read

Love the tongue in cheek, self deprecating humor. Perfectly timed and added a lot to the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

The basic idea was good, execution not so much. It was like reading a script from an over the top 80s movie. The hero knows best and fixes everything. I am of the opinion you shortcut yourself out of a good story and made it mediocre.

teedeedubteedeedubover 3 years ago
Funny

Far-out fiction. Pretty good read. But why would you start out by referencing some ridiculous comments by that nip-shit AOC? Was that just setting the basis for how far over the top you were going with the story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good holiday story.

Enjoyed the story. Thank you.

GinloverGinloverover 3 years ago

If that isn’t a heart warming Christmas tale I don’t know what is. Lovely story

Ravey19Ravey19over 3 years ago
Shame It Missed The Contest

As a winter holidays entry this would have had the ideal feeling, ie warm and fuzzy. And while a good read in itself and a decent length everything went too smoothly and fast, eg the settlements for Julie, etc.

Still an excellent read on a New Year's Dey evening. 5 stars.

jr4realjr4realover 3 years ago
thank

thank you for this story, one of the best I have read.

gordo12gordo12over 3 years agoAuthor

So first off, no more political posts, please. The AOC comment was to outline a horrible situation where America's tax situation has been slanted so badly toward the super-rich that you could make 11 billion in profits and pay no taxes. At the same time, 4,000 of your employees need food stamps to survive. In this case, the first poster was shooting the messenger and ignoring the message. The message was supposed to be timely regardless of WHO said it. I'm not about to see a comment war over politics. Anything further will be deleted.

A few posters have commented on the speed of the story. It was written for the Winter Contest. Even though it didn't make it, the rules of that contest said it had to be seasonal. Seasonal to me is Christmas. Period. The other constraint to the story was the weather. Would anyone have taken sympathy or even noticed if it was warm and balmy outside? The weather had to be inclement, which pretty much said Nov and snow. Based on that, there was only a few weeks for it to happen in. I could have written, "A few weeks later...they were in love," or something like it.

Besides, I'm a big fan of Love At First Sight! So shoot me! LOL.

Thank you to the rest of you for the tremendous votes and comments.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story even redeemed Kurt against my earlier thoughts.

Yes

jtwheels

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 3 years ago

Good story but rather light weight.

SignedBTWSignedBTWover 3 years ago
Gordo, Obviously I'm In A Better Mood

Now! Since I didn't want to get pissed off again I didn't read past your comments about political comments to your fine story, yours was a good take on things.

I did spot one mistake in a name swap but I'd bet someone already pointed that one out too.

Nice to see the proper folks win one or in this case several. It was well into the last century but I do still remember many of the same things you described with baby Emma. I changed a lot of diapers, cloth ones were still the way to go back then. We had a diaper service, starting out with 90 a week tapering way down till we could keep up with them on our own, only used disposable when we were away from home. All of that time I never poked either girl with a safety pin, now myself that was a whole different story. They don't come with an instruction manual, and the net didn't exist back then so you learned as you went, asked family for advice and did the best you could. I still remember burping our first daughter after feeding her and you haven't lived until it all comes back up then having it all run down your neck to fill your shirt. She was hungry, we fed her but her appetite was bigger than her stomach. We figured it out in time.

Unfortunately the legal system doesn't work this quickly or efficiently as you described but we can dream. I'm of mixed feelings about letting Kurt back in but as Dennis Franz said at the end of Die Hard 2 - "What the Hell, it's Christmas. Thanks again my friend for your caring and time. *****'s Signed: BTW

gordo12gordo12over 3 years agoAuthor

@BTW: I always used to say a new shirt wasn't broken in until it had been puked on—Rugrats, gotta love 'em.

And yes, someone else did catch the name slip. As I said, Lord knows how many readthroughs and I still missed it. It's the first time ever to my knowledge. It's never happened before in 18 stories.

Thanks for the kind words and the vote.

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeisterover 3 years ago
Still holding his finger ...

I thought it would have been fitting if she had walked down the aisle still holding his finger in her hand, just like from her first days! I guess I'm just an old romantic.

Great story!

eightytuneseightytunesover 3 years ago

This would be in the top 10 of stories I have ever read. It is a masterfully constructed story, a great Christmas story. Royce gets caught by a little baby, and her precious mom. Wow, what a moment. The comment by *PhotoMeister* about holding his finger is the best. His wish to go back to those days was precious [I know, because I cherish that time in my life too]. 5 Stars, no doubt.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

Totally love this story! So sweet!

MoogPlayerMoogPlayerabout 3 years ago
Great Story

I really like this one, and I'm looking forward to reading more of your work. Thanks for writing it, outstanding effort.

MP

grogers7grogers7about 3 years ago

Uplifting. Thanks. We all knew in the beginning where this was going, so we read on because the emotional pleasure this art brings us is uplifting. And Lord knows we need that respite now!

Slider_48167Slider_48167about 3 years ago

I’m sure the nit pickers will find something to carp about. Ignore them. I enjoyed it immensely

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Kurt shoul2d have been beaten nearly to death. That girl was homeless with his baby. Excellent story and they wound up doing well with a loving husband/ father!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I will not read anymore of your stories. I spend too much time with tears in my eyes. Time for me to register with Literotica so you can be in my first five favorites!

gordo12gordo12about 3 years agoAuthor

@anon

Awww! What a lovely comment. The next story will include free Kleenex for sure!

Thanks! You made my day! Gordo12

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Would have been a five star story but you ruined it with the epilog. So Kurt got religion, good for him, apology accepted, no need to bring him into their lives.

mrdata9770mrdata9770over 2 years ago

(8/28/2021)

This was perfect,...well, sorta. Did Kurt really deserve redemption? Still, you made me cry. This was one of the best stories I've read on this site; with a lawyer as the hero, and no sex in it either, go figure. 5 stars!

gordo12gordo12over 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you for your kind comment Mr. Data. Did Kurt deserve redemption? I wanted a "feel good" Christmas story, and yes, everyone deserved redemption. I tried to show him in a better light at the end without a long laundry list of good things he had done for his daughter.

Again, thanks for the kind words. You and other generous commenters make it worthwhile to write.

Djmac1031Djmac1031over 2 years ago

Holy shit. I have never, NEVER read a story here that wasn't full of sex and erotica all the way through, but I loved this story. Realistic? Not really. But who cares? Sometimes you just need a good Feel Good story.

5 stars. Looking forward to reading more of your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Re Anonymous

Kurt got religion, no need to bring him back into the story.

Do you not think Emma's life will be more complete by knowing who and what her father is.

The true knowledge is much better for her than the constant wondering about him or even loathing him.

Most adopted people I know have a desire to meet their birth parents so they know where they belong. So they understand why they are different than their loving adoptive families.

Also very few of those that I know continue in any relationship with their birth parents other than Christmas or birthday cards.

dmallorddmallordover 2 years ago

Christmas ... Glad that everything turned out so so very right for everyone. Including the bad guy! Good read!

muskyboymuskyboyover 2 years ago

Awesome, just so awesome. Thank you for this one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done, a sweet one. So happy I found it. 5*

thesecondmannythesecondmannyover 2 years ago

I love it. Thanks for for sharing such a wonderful read. 5 stars well deserved!

mac1729mac1729over 2 years ago

Wonderfully done

yukonnightsyukonnightsover 2 years ago

Well, I'm really late to the game on this story, but just wanted to add my praise to the many comments. The story is emotionally moving, and that is the highest goal of most authors. The few negative comments — well, I just don't understand that kind of comment. One thing I've noticed about the author, gordo12 — he's great with subtle details in a way I envy. My congrats to the author!

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefabout 2 years ago

Man, you sure know how to turn the water works on. Great story... again! Enjoy the epilogues to the stories, just puts the finishing touches on some great stories. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is an excellent story.....What makes it special to me, though, is that it was submitted on 12/27. If she were stillwith us, that would have been my mothers birthday.

OneOldFart690OneOldFart690about 2 years ago

Excellent - emotional without the descriptive sex which, I think, would have detracted from the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I'll admit to one minor criticism. I wish there were a lot more sentences between the first and last ones. It felt slightly rushed, like I was reading the notes for a very good story. I guess I'm just always looking for a good long read. But still, it was a very good.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This got me crying again. What a beautiful romantic story about things close to my heart. Like your friend, I too had issues following my getting snipped. Mine wasn’t football sized, more like softball sized with a raging infection that didn’t go away until I lost one of my testicles.

You wrote beautifully in this story.

Flar1958Flar1958about 2 years ago
A little bit too sweet

But what the heck. It's a christmas story. So it can't be sweet enough.

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

What a wonderfully well written love story. I enjoyed reading it from start to finish. Well Done 5++stars

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

Lovely store don't you wish Karma really worked like that all the time. Of course this story took all making right of a wrong to a new level. Keep writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Can’t imagine anything better…!!! Perfect! On a scale of five stars, this is a six or seven.

TheOldStudTheOldStudabout 2 years ago

Great story!!! Your friend is correct, regarding the 'snipping' issue, although mine only got to cantaloupe size on one side...

lerenardruselerenardruseabout 2 years ago

This story was amazing, brought tears to my eyes. It's nice to read a story about characters that feel real and down to earth. Every page made you want to turn to the next.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A great tear jerker story! i could not stop reading it!!! Please keep the stories coming!!!

Mojo648Mojo648almost 2 years ago

Great read. Didn't want it to end.

gordo12gordo12almost 2 years agoAuthor

@Mordbrand: As I've stated before, nobody, including you, gets to post political shit on my stories. That's reserved for me alone. Go write your own stories and opinions.

Deleted

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Love stories with happy endings, well done.

olddave51olddave51almost 2 years ago

This is my second reading

I love the happy ending 5+ Stars

HayboysHayboysover 1 year ago

A Fantastic 5⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️Story keep them coming Many Thanks Paul

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 1 year ago

great plot and all so perfect. perhaps a bit too perfect? as in instant millionaire? do like the knowing smiles of Beth and Julie and Emma's instant bonding.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

10 stars is close. Julie actually married Royce, when he took her off the street. It didn't hurt that Emma fell in love with her daddy then either. As Beth whispered to her, "around June", she already knew she was a wife. Please write more, wonderful stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Second time through because I wanted to. I was right the first time: AWESOME! A light touch on the internal monologue keeps the smile, and even a chuckle betimes. Further, as the doting father of a daughter, I am qualified to assert that you got it all right, even the green throughput image!

Now on into the rest of your oeuvre.

gordo12gordo12over 1 year agoAuthor

Thanks Anon. I'd never heard of the word Oeuvre before. You taught me something today. Much appreciated and thank you for such a kind comment.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

It would make a great Hallmark Christmas movie!

markellymarkellyover 1 year ago

A Christmas heart tugger that I found over the summer, but made the stupid mistake of not book marking it. I found it again by accident and I’m keeping it. You did a hell of a job on this and a ‘go to’ story when I need a pick me up. Thank you.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAover 1 year ago

Hallmark Movie... Super Good.

JohnSmith19E31JohnSmith19E31over 1 year ago

Wonderful story, great ending... Thanks for writing this...

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

A great, great story. Love it. AAAAAA++++++

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Inner monologue was well done and covered well when audible. I have enjoyed this story twice, years apart. Like fine wine……

AllNigherAllNigherabout 1 year ago

Enjoyed the story. Nice to see someone grow and learn from their mistakes and become a better person. Loved that part of the story. It happens in real life. Maybe not as much as we want it to... And when it happens those that were hurt may never know... This was a nice ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The way a Romance should be written.5++ Don't miss it if you are a Romantic at heart.

The Hoary Cleric

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Wonderful story and great read. Thanks. 5***+

BeeJay67BeeJay67about 1 year ago

A real “feel good” Christmas story. Just a great read.

Helen1899Helen1899about 1 year ago

Yuk so smarmy, if it could only happen in real life, the world would be a much better place. Despite having more holes than a sieve I have given it 5*. You only have to look at the comments, not one dissenter, almost unheard of with a literature story. Why, because it gave everyone a warm feeling, it was a wonderful fairy story and they all lived, happily ever after. We all enjoy a story like this especially at Christmas.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergordo12@gordo12
Nov 2020 A change in my comment policy: I've allowed commenters free reign in the past. Unfortunately, a few have abused that. Therefore, if you post shit, you'll get deleted. Nov 2020 Sorry for not keeping this up. Two new stories coming. One for the Winter Contest called "H...

SIMILAR Stories