All Comments on 'Honey, We Need to Talk'

by Dextera

Sort by:
  • 66 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 2 years ago

Nice

Short and sweet. I hate predators as much as I hate cheaters. Fuck him.

Five Stars

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

WOW!!!!! 5ive 5tars! This is a HWNTT story, and you get BONUS points for not using any of the following as a plot device: Martian Slut Ray (double bonus points); Tyrone; Navy SEAL/Spec. Forces; lawyer friend; 'bulldog' female lawyer; 'this is a no-fault state, so I'm screwed'; spy cameras; and wife is the corporate concubine.

.

HEA ending, too! Huzzah!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, well told, you need a proof reader really badly though. It was a good idea and moved well, you didnt go overboard with sex or violence as so many do. Nice job and thanks for a nice read.

SystemShockSystemShockover 2 years ago

Huh, well how 'bout that? An LW wife who DOESN'T just take some random 3rd party's word for it and actually does some digging before flying off the handle. What a novel concept!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well the next work day I told my secretary AND her boyfriend what we had been accused of. The boyfriend was not a happy chappy as he and I got along very well.

4 days later Steve was found beaten up in an alley. Steve initially blamed me but I had a good alibi I was with my wife and other friends and they said as much.

The next time I saw my secretaries boyfriend, sorry fiancé, I privately thanked him. Of course he denied it but the wink said a lot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Way too calm and risky when she drank. Could have been drugged. But i like the trap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I almost skipped this stoty of two rational and reasonable people who appear to really love esch other...4+

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It's.....okay. The confrontation was glossed over.

This was more an idea, a concept. There were very few details in the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Interesting. A bit different. Just lacked any emotion.

.

3 ***

kirei8kirei8over 2 years ago

Sorry, but you are much too "civilized" for me. Stevie should have left bloody and bruised and poorer to the tune of a private dick's cost.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too lame

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A nice 4 for this new author's debut in LW. An original twist on the typical "talk" trope. Such originality could pay off for Dextera in slightly longer, more in depth, stories as well. Here's good hoping that this toe dip in the water leads to bigger and better things.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

Good for the wife believing her husband and seeing the "friend" for what he was. However he shouldn't have been allowed to just leave, something had to be damaged first. His nose, his balls, something to drive the point home to not screw with someone's marriage.

AbctoyAbctoyover 2 years ago

Good Loving Wife Read! Rare these days. 5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

His wife has no trust in him. End of marriage. Why write this ending?

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years ago

Interesting premise but you left too much unsaid. You should have fleshed out the story a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

WHAT? No revenge, not even a broken nose? What a wimpass pussy!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

where's the story?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Shouldn't have let it go all the way to the touching.

I wouldn't want seeing my wife be seen like that with other guy even if just for pretend. Especially someone with malice. Other than risk of getting a spiked drink, also could become potential for making her think that far is allowed with other man.

-

The confrontation is the part that should be detailed but that was glossed over.

I like the other anon's idea of getting the secretary and her BF informed of their slander, that would make the confrontation merrier with more people.

Good idea for a story, would be better just a little longer in some parts and in case of the drinking seduction, less.

-anon546467

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Was that a loving wives story?

Somehow it managed to go nowhere

Scores 2/5

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Lot of potential in this plot but this story certainly didn't bring it out. Pretty vanilla to say the least.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

A bit on the thin side, still not bad for the usual "friend" trying to get into the wifes panties.

Funny thing is is that this is literally the best story on seems to be a full on Cuck Sunday. In fact so far this is about the only non-cuck story here. So you win the award for decent story of the day.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

Wow some of the comments just scream “some bitch hurt me, so now I hate them all!” I thought the couple handled it pretty well. Too bad the wife didn’t just ask her hubby what was going on with the secretary. Can’t imagine my wife waiting one second past her first concern before asking me if we had a problem. Same would be true for me. I believe that’s called communication.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well idiots say the wife has no trust in him

But I counter that

1 she confronts her husband before it gets to late

2 the wife has literally right to doubt her husband with all the coincidence. Late nights work and beautiful secretary

3 she didn't even fully believe the friend after all those poisonings

4 atleast she's smart enough to confront him head on before doing anything or actions

Stupid Alpha wannabes can't even discern her strong points as a wife

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 2 years ago

A fine idea for a story.

But it ended too low keyed for the occasion.

That failed to impress.

3 out of 5 from me.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Pretty good, but too genteel. Should have at least rearranged Steve's cojones. A wife who actually communicates with her husband is almost heretical in LW.

nixroxnixroxover 2 years ago

1 star - not a great idea

If one side of the relationship suddenly decides to listen to and act on paranoid, unsubstantiated accusations, with virtually NO EVIDENCE, then I would say that relationship is doomed to failure. This bitch even had the gall to hire a PI and their report confirmed the husband did nothing legally, morally, or ethically wrong.

ONCE&DONE - chuck her to the curb.

Call in the next potential lover and try this one more time - with a prenupt, or maybe without the marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It sucked

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

No way Stevie does not face greater consequences for trying to destroy their marriage. At a bare minimum, he reimburses them for the cost of the private investigator. Additional suffering is indicated, preferably involving physical pain.

There are problems in the MC's marriage that still need to be addressed. The wife's approach to this issue shows evidence of habits and beliefs that will cause predictable problems in the future if left to fester.

enderlocke77enderlocke77over 2 years ago

u see now this is why theres stupid ppl in these stories. if everyone is smart there is no story lol

jazzharpjazzharpover 2 years ago

I liked what you were doing with this story, until the last scene. Luring Stephen or Steve to their home was just stupid. Deborah had already seen through what Stevie was trying to do.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

4 as I like the twist on the usual loving wife with her not trusting him but willing to confront him before doing anything stupid. However the story goes by at breakneck speed and the revenge was not there. Steve really deserved to be hit hard for trying to ruin the marriage of his friend over a girl he couldn't even remember the name of.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

"Fresh" story idea - I would have liked a bit more narrative as the unfolding of the main story arc seemed a bit rushed. 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not nearly enough revenge on the "friend" trying to fuck her. Grow a set and put him in his place.

greenman440greenman440over 2 years ago

Overall a bit of a non-event. Nothing here to pull me in or get emotionally invested in any character.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 2 years ago

Sorry, it just wasn't interesting. 3* for the effort.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Basic stuff -- too basic. No drama, no emotion, no characterization. But I give credit for trying something fresh with the old husband/wife/seducer triangle.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Glossed over the confrontation. Lots of words with a nothing ending.

lbeachamlbeachamover 2 years ago

Finely a wife with a backbone and scruples. By the way, I've got wife I to don't worry about. Trust but verify for 46 years and counting.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

A good story but lacking something. AAA++

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, I am going to guess it might not score very high because it has a loving wife, how boring Ha ha.

I suppose some parts could have been expanded but then there is a risk of rambling.

5* for the normal people.

BabalooieBabalooieover 2 years ago

Good story, but too short. Needs more detail.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The story writing was good. The trap laid that caught Steve was just Okay.

I would of preferred the Husband getting revenge on Steve some way before the trap that was laid.

The story rating should be low because the title indicated cheating or divorce was to follow. The actual story was Ho HUM and did not meet my expectations.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 2 years ago

The wife should have confronted Brian sooner., or showed up unexpectedly to see what he was doing. The PI must have cost a lot. Brian handled it well, except for one point: he needed Debbie to know that her (unjustified) lack of trust could be a problem.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Hmm

A boring non story.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 2 years ago

I'm giving 4 ⭐️. Excellent idea and plot, but your writing suffers from a terrible lack of editing. No glaring errors but you need to smooth out the plot. Too choppy.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sounds like Steve should have had his head nearly knocked off...

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Great story. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That was…boring.

.

Really.

.

Meh.

.

3 ***

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Yes! That's a wife worth celebrating! Fun story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good friend

Not that good a friend

Not in wedding party

BUT can call your wife?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

At a minimum, Stevie should have to reimburse them for the cost of the PI. That would be a no brainer. Once they get the money, they should spread the word about how much of a dangerous creep he is to all of their mutual friends.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

If my wife was THAT suspicious and untrusting of me, then a divorce would be the least of her worries.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

WTF all the lead up and Teasing us, and he doesn't even kick his ass up one side of the street and down the other side. Would a wuss..

KRD19254KRD19254about 1 year ago

Steve never paid for the needless PI report nor paid for any consequences in attempting to interfere/kill a marriage?

\

That type of friend/predator needs to be denounced far and wide to ALL others. Then give Steve a baseball bat hair cut to insure he remembers - meddling in a marriage for revenge is WRONG.

\

As a husband I'd also have concerns about a wife who would go into evidence gathering mode before talking to her husband - that marriage has more than just a Steve issue. Deb clearly has a trust issue with Brian. Brain, put OFF baby making a few more years as Brian's trust in Deb should be now suspect too.

\

To me the story lacked 'flow', seemed jerky OR maybe I expected some real guts to be spilled - but just nothing, uninspiring, dull.

\

2.4*, hooyay, to a wimp husband, lacking any real penalty for Steve

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

An important principle for writing fiction is to “show, not tell”. Far too much of this story is telling the reader what happened instead of actually showing the events. It starts to read like a summary or outline of what the story was going to be. This story has a good idea, an interesting plot and believable characters. It would be terrific if the author were to present the action and events in far greater detail and with emotional impact, to allow the reader to experience it all instead of just reading a report about it. So much potential here.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I agree with some of the other commenters. Just not enough substance to this story. Kinda read like a 750 word project. 3 stars.

IndrasIndras8 months ago

"Stephen and I had a nice chat, nicer for me than him."

Major mistake as a writer. Show, don't tell. You took something that should have been a powerful, emotion-filled scene and turned it into a single, sterile sentence.

Story line was good, it just read too much like a police report.

26thNC26thNC8 months ago

You go Girl! Great wife, even better communication.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Sooo, the wife thought it was better to spend "their" money to hire a private investigator to find out that he's doing nothing. That's so much better than talking to her husband up front. From the amount of her distrust and disrespect, believe he should be consulting with a lawyer and do the divorce now. Rather than waiting on her to wing off into left field sometime in the future.

RodzzzRodzzz4 months ago

So the idiot gets away untouched?

BSreaderBSreader2 months ago
Should

Have had more than just a small talk with Stephen

PhoenixLore1981PhoenixLore1981about 1 month ago

Wow a story about a loving wife in the loving wife category I'm surprised

FlhotwifehubFlhotwifehub29 days ago

Nice spin on a we need to talk story, I kinda wish you through in a punch or run his head into the door on the way out, he earned it. 5 stars

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDextera@Dextera
Update 2024/02 Sorry I have been away for a while. Just submitted a very short 750 word story. Not a loving wife tale either but I hope you enjoy it any. Budding author, dipping my toes in the waves of the Internet's horny citizens. I tend to write short stories in between re...