Hope, Charity & Faith Ch. 09

Story Info
Be Like Water...
14.5k words
4.31
6.1k
6

Part 9 of the 12 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 10/30/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
mondotoken
mondotoken
2,006 Followers

** All characters in this story are of legal age. **

"Are you gonna be okay son?"

"Yeah, I got this; you go have a nice day mom."

She insisted on driving me to school a few days after I'd parted ways with Faith. I did my best to look innocuous but knew I wasn't fooling anyone. Despite appearances, she drove off to work anyway leaving me on the curb in front of my high school.

I expected it to be some sort of big deal with lots of external peer pressure and self-flagellating intimidation on my part internally, but I felt barren and empty knowing there was really nothing left inside without Faith and my presumably former best friend Ricky Arias. I vaguely remembered Hope at my bedside emotionally wrought, confessing something that sounded like gibberish through my medicated haze. Faith later informed me that Ricky's distressed older sister found herself at my bedside so distraught in the belief that our mutual incidents were the direct result of her near-nonstop continuous trolling, that she was nearly hospitalized from the grief alone.

I'd wanted to call my friend after that fact, but Faith kept my phone away knowing the probable response. Hours after getting my phone back I found this eventuality to be truth. He'd blocked me cutting me out on social media as well. I didn't have the heart to call Hope figuring he'd take it wrong if he found out. So to that end, I was now going it alone without the support and safety net of a mutual friend. I was just numb at the prospect of navigating an unforgiving world on my own. I hung back looking at some videos on my phone when I felt the odd sensation you get from being watched.

"Uhm, oh right." I mumbled as I turned finding a familiar face walking by mixed in with a crowd of her peers. Kimberly Bivens caught my eye for a fleeting moment as she passed, mouthing "Good Morning" as she disappeared into the double doors leading up into the main lobby of our high school.

Just like that I had my first taste of the immediate past with the sight of Kimberly dredging up memories of the now exiled Jay Stello. Unfortunately for the star football player, football team and the rest of the campus; Jay had been caught on multiple camera phones assaulting me from various angles. More than a few amateur filmmakers arrived late to the scene as I lay unconscious on top of Faith catching the roided out heartthrob punting my head even though I was obviously unconscious.

To say things went viral would be an understatement.

Our one sided tango on the residential street was posted on a plethora of social media sites and Facebook leaving Jay Stello to fight an uphill battle against his own reimagining as a brutish monster. The resultant videos made local news which was a boon to the opposing team our school was facing for the state championship.

The decidedly privileged students were keen and media savvy mounting a social media campaign against Jay Stello that snowballed making things so bad our principal was actively dodging reporters camped out in front of our school. The district superintendent intervened reluctantly placing Jay in homeschooling via Zoom, banning him from participating in the game.

I'd like to say the championship game was competitive, but it honestly a landslide victory for the other school. It was the first year since Jay enrolled that we were without a championship.

I knew without a doubt that I might not be the most popular guy on campus because of this. Yet, I was still numb and disassociated entering the school.

The main corridor was bustling with students milling about and I welcomed the familiar invisibility of my station going to the main office to check back into campus with my doctor's statement. The lobby was filled with various booth from the school clubs for some student fundraising.

There were a number of letterman jacketed athletes intermingled in with the crowd keeping me away from that section of the lobby as I found a seat just inside the main office door. The cheerleaders were having a bake sale as I noticed Kimberly working the cash register, visually somnambulistic. She seemed to feel my eyes studying her finding me through the deluge of people.

She looked away after a few moments ringing up some of the homemade wares for sale on the two covered foldout tables holding a nice spread of pastries and other treats. If I had to guess, I'd say it was a look of shame upon her now beautifully serpentine features. My gaze drifted to her immediate left finding another unwelcomely familiar face, Treena the humanoid jackal.

Her eyes were as wide as saucers, prominent nose and thin lips forming the letter "O" before this expression melted away into a sleazy countenance, I knew all too well. She immediately began nudging the person behind her revealing Charmaine as well pointing in my direction. The old me would've, moved out of view, but I was lethargic to the bullshit at this point.

Charmaine stared pointedly at me; her mood visually undecipherable before swatting her cohort's hand away returning to her work. Treena did a doubletake giving me the opportunity to move to the other wooden bench just inside the office door. Treena resembled a humanoid rat and I was tired of looking at her. I didn't have long to wait finding that my counselor was just as disinterested in my progress hurriedly signing me back onto campus. I walked out hands in my pockets to my locker but glanced backward at Kimberly finding her handing a bag of treats to some guy I recognized from the baseball team before giving him a kiss on the cheek.

I just shrugged walking to the first class we shared.

"Welcome back Jaleel; I trust you are doing well?" Mr. Harvey was standing just outside the classroom. For some reason, I felt like flipping him the bird.

The first thing I noticed when I walked into class was a visible seating change in regards to my two female antagonists since the Kimberly Bivens ordeal began. Charmaine was sitting in the last row towards the back of the class adjacent to the badly painted brick walls. She glanced up at me quickly looking into her text book as I found jackal Treena sitting on the opposite side of the room grinning at me and waving. If I had a pistol, she would've been in serious trouble.

"Excuse me Jaleel." Kimberly walked in behind me, her tone meek and demure as I allowed her to pass. She retained her original seat placing a clear baggie of treats on my desk before taking her seat.

"Jaleel, take your seat; we're having a pop quiz in the last quarter of this module."

"Sure."

After that, Mr. Harvey's voice droned out sounding like the indecipherable voice used for adults on those old Charlie Brown cartoons. The plastic Ziploc baggie on the edge of my desk contained a chocolate cupcake topped with white frosting and raspberry accompanying three star shaped butter cookies inset with multi colored gummy stars. I found myself staring at it recalling a story from Greek mythology related to me by Faith as we sat nude watching the sun come up following a night of passion. The story of Persephone daughter of Mother Earth, the Goddess Demeter.

Persephone was regal, arrestingly beautiful with an inner light that enchanted all who beheld it. The demigoddess like to play and frolic in the endless fields where an eternal springtime reigned. Hades brother of Zeus, king of all the Greek Gods, himself God of the Underworld suddenly appeared snatching the ingenue down into the underworld. Her light and natural enchantment had so enthralled the smitten God that he tempted fate to have her to himself.

Demeter pleaded with Zeus to return her child, but Hades refused adamantly defying the ultimate authority in the person of his own brother. Thus denied, Demeter whaled and savaged the Earth creating a barren wasteland drawing away the lush vegetation, animals, and heat. Man cried out to the heavens, but Demeter wouldn't relent when approached by Zeus and Hades was in love to the detriment of all else. Persephone didn't initially reciprocate driving the besotted God of the Underworld to ply her with exotic gifts, treats and all manner of delicacies. Yet Persephone would give him nothing, no interaction of any kind.

Secretly she'd come to enjoy his overtures in regards to her person while the world withered and died above. Finally, Zeus had enough of the universal discord demanding Demeter heal the planet, but yet she refused prompting Zeus to decree to his brother that Persephone be returned to her mother untouched, but still Hades held fast.

Zeus brought Demeter and Hades together in celestial court proclaiming that Persephone would be returned under the condition that she had not partaken of anything in Hades underworld realm, less she be irretrievably intertwined with the Dark God. Distraught Hades was not to be undone returning to Persephone with the news imploring her to eat something before being returned to her mother. The secretly crestfallen demigoddess acquiesced partaking of six pomegranate seeds. After being returned, Hades made the case revealing that Persephone had eaten of his kingdom, those six seeds demanding her return. Demeter raged, but Zeus in his infinite wisdom, decreed that Persephone would be bound to Hades for six month out of the year.

Persephone was wed to Hades becoming Queen of the Underworld for exactly six months. As dowry, Demeter vowed the Earth would be dry, harsh, and barren for those six months until her daughter returned.

This is the story of winter.

Kimberly Bivens bag of treats remained untouched as class filtered out a little under thirty minutes later. This obese guy named Ernie Smalls snapped up the discarded treats as I cleared the doorway. The next two classes and homeroom went by in a blur as I spent the day reminiscing about that night with Faith and the following day. We'd resolved to do everything humanly possible in the remaining time just under thirty six hours, making love, talking, and screwing each other to distraction. I found myself getting aroused at the thought of her nude body remembering how inviting her derriere looked when she was on all fours getting railed from behind. Nothing was off the table as our couplings got more desperate as the deadline approached. I wondered what she was doing at that precise moment. Me, I was looking at lunch alone.

"HEY JALEEL, WHUS GOOD?!!" I pushed through the double doors to the school cafeteria finding Treena standing directly in my path.

"No." I raised a palm to her face continuing over to the takeout counter with the intent of snagging a slice of pizza and a canned soda. She wasn't going to be denied following closely giggling in impish fashion.

"HEY NIGGA, HOW'S IT DO? WHUS GOOD WITH THAT BRAIN SURGERY, EH? HEY JALEEL, YOU HEAR ME TALKING RIGHT?!!" I ignored her getting a large styrofoam cup full of pink lemonade while another cafeteria worker used a spatula to shovel the cheaply made slice of pepperoni pizza onto a paper plate.

"HEY MAN, SO YOU AND TITTY ELOPE, OR WHAT?!!" Time froze as I thought of my estranged friend Ricky Arias. I recalled that last memory of my best friend sitting humiliated in the boys shower, completely defeated and demoralized.

"...down low nigga." Treena whispered in my ear, way too close for comfort.

Everything shifted into slow motion as her scavengers beauty was drenched in pink lemonade followed by the large styrofoam cup which harmlessly bounced off her forehead. It was a sixty four ounce cup which held enough liquid to displace one of the oversized false lashes perched over her big, expressive eyes. Her mouth was agape likely receiving a good portion of my soda as well. Time returned to normal as Treena doubled over both hands covering her face as if I'd thrown acid. Her shrill harpy scream alerted everyone not immediately witness to her instant humiliation.

"Fuck you bitch, keep my boy name out your mouth."

Treena's screaming fit continued as she had a meltdown of epic proportions, actually jumping in place while everybody else took it all in, unfazed. It only took a moment to realize what she was up to as I peered over her shoulder seeing the popular kids table full of football players and other assorted jocks. One of their own being attacked didn't go over well as I suddenly found myself looking at a human wall of China made up of roided out steroid jocks and assorted thugs.

"Alright, who's next?" I timidly raised my fists.

To my surprise, the jocks slowly resumed their seats while Treena continued raging gradually ignoring her theatrics to my surprise. Treena slowly regarded me for a few seconds before taking a seat quietly at the table as well. My gaze traveled beyond the table to various students including Kimberly Bivens and her new beau.

I realized they weren't looking at me glancing over my shoulder.

Every student and peer behind me were standing up, brows furrowed, fists at the ready all the way back to the other side of the student cafeteria. It seemed a good portion of the school had my back as the cafeteria worker handed me that slice of pizza and a new cup of pink lemonade. I found a seat safely on the other side of the cafeteria.

"Uhm, excuse me Jaleel."

"Yeah, who are you?" This moppet of a girl, obviously an underclassman was standing there with a visibly disinterested male companion.

"Uh hi, my name's Lisa Jackson and We have a mutual acquaintance. You know uhm, Faith, right?" My heart skipped a beat unsure of what to expect next.

"I know here." I half mumbled.

"Well, she had to go to China to live with her dad because she got expelled; it was so unfair and everything, but I got to talk with her on facetime from over there. Her dad's a butthole for cutting her off from all of her friends and stuff, but she wanted me to say hello for her."

"Thanks."

"I got a few pictures from her, but Faith's dad made her take down her social media a few hours later. Uhm, I thought you might like to see them, Jaleel." I tried to hide the emotion welling up inside as Lisa sat beside me while her friend looked annoyed.

The first few phone pics showed Faith in her new home with numerous boxes of clothes and other knick knacks littering the hardwood floors of her bedroom. The others revealed the postmodern, hi-tech apartment without a hint of Faith herself. I found a selfie of Faith in some silk pajamas followed by sightseeing photos which made me painfully ache to be with her. I would've traded in my current life to be with her in an instant. The last few depicted her in full business suit taking what amounted to a class photo with her Chinese coworkers. I noticed some Asian guy, kinda beefy looking lingering in these feeling pangs of jealousy that I batted away until I found the last photo of them playing golf together.

"Uhm, thank you very much Lisa." I couldn't hide my emotion and didn't want to; it felt like she might be already moving on.

"Hey, you gonna be okay?"

"Sure."

"It's not her fault, her dad thinks she needs a change of scenery because we're bad influences on her at this school. Faith wanted to go to this school to be with her people instead of going to the magnet schools where she lived. It just got messed up when Charity followed her over here."

"Yeah, she mentioned that; too bad they couldn't send Charity over there instead." I was silently livid at the thought of the malevolent sociopath.

"She wanted me to tape what she was going to do, but I didn't know she was going to beat Charity up. They actually cuffed Faith and the police were here; it was a mess."

"I didn't know that."

"Yeah, so she got off because Faith's dad paid Charity's mom some money and promised to move her over to China with him. He was letting her live in their home alone as training for having her own place, but she got in too much trouble." I chaffed inside not wanting any more details on my lost lady love.

"Lisa, you're a good friend; look I'm..." I was about to walk out, but Lisa interrupted.

"I dropped out of the student council because I can't stand Charity Gilbert. Some of my friends did too; because she's too extra and shit. That bitch always gets her way and I think it sucks how she changed the narrative for Jay Stello, too. They're both assholes, but he's still gonna get everything."

"What're you talking about?"

"Oh right, you just came back today so you aren't in the know. Jay Stello got cancelled big time on social media and here on campus after people started posting that fight you guys had. A lot of people are blaming you for us losing the state championship, but it's that bitch's fault. Charity thinks her shit don't stink and she's gone all Meghan Markle with Jay on the news a day ago."

"Huh?"

"Oh yeah, here check it out."

Lisa pulled up a video clip from YouTube which had a thumbnail of Jay Stello, his mother and one Charity Gilbert. The happy narcissistic couple were even wearing matching white sweaters as his head lay across Charity's lap. I noticed the same blonde reporter, one of Jay's biggest fans, conducting the sit down interview. It looked like a hotel room as Charity dabbed at her eyes faking crocodile tears.

"I didn't want Jayson to do this because I know how much he loves me; we've been together for so long and I really blame myself for all of this ma'am. You see, Jayson was defending my honor."

"What exactly do you mean, Charity?"

"Well, we were on break, kinda having a rough patch and I uhm, threw myself into my work at the school outreach. I was uh, helping out a student with some issues and..." Charity was really working it with an Oscar worthy performance as the reporter handed her some extra tissues.

"Charity, are you okay to continue?"

"Yeah, just give me a moment."

"How are you doing Jayson?" The reporter leaned forward placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. I could've sworn I saw a flash of anger in Charity's eyes at that instant, but nobody seemed to notice. Jay just nodded as the hand withdrew.

"He is so distraught about what happened; it was uh, unfortunate." His mother added looking equally haggard.

"It's my fault, I should've kept it to myself."

"And what is that Charity?"

"Well this student was troubled, much more than I would've thought and uh... there was an entanglement. I broke it off before anything substantial happened, but he was so convincing and I-regretted it afterwards."

"So, what're we talking about Charity?"

"Well, he got into my phone when I was out of the room and found some pics intended for Jayson. I didn't know until he tried to sexually blackmail me later. He was gonna post my pics, on social media and I didn't know what to do, so I contacted Jayson."

"WHAT-THE-FUCK?!!" I bolted up holding the phone in both hands, alarming Lisa, and associate.

"Mostly everybody know that's bullshit, Jaleel." Lisa gently took the phone from my hands as rage bristled inside my chest.

"Mostly?" I retorted as Lisa's friend came between us.

"Forget this; let's go Lisa." He half dragged her away giving me the side eye. I was under the impression this sophomore was in the opposing camp. I fished out my phone catching the rest of the interview.

"I let my teammates down, my school and God; but what was I supposed to do? I had to protect Charity. She's gonna be my wife one day, have my children."

"So, what now Jayson; what Jayson Stello are we gonna see when you take the field next year in Oregon?" I was livid watching both of the villains sitting there hand in hand, fake crying drumming up sympathy from the clueless masses.

"Well Marianne, it's one day at a time; I'm talking to my spiritual adviser and running drills for some recruiters too; wanna make sure I keep Oregon State on their toes." The interview ended with everyone involved having a good laugh.

"Bitch must pay." The bell rang in the background as students began filing out of the cafeteria.

mondotoken
mondotoken
2,006 Followers