Hopeful Sin Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No no... you can become invisible, right? We need to get near the first-floor boss. Then, after we are distracted fighting, you come in and knock out the girls. No charms or anything, they need to be asleep."

"I can become invisible. That is what I will do, then. It is lovely to meet a youth who is so happy to seek power, no matter the cost. My Master would have had fun with you," although not entirely to his benefit, but that didn't matter to her, anyway.

The boy was petty and cruel without any of the refinement that her Dark Lord truly appreciated. A point emphasized as he took a belt, looping it over a rafter and holding both ends to steady himself as he stood. "Time to get ready to go. Bathe me with your tongue. Thoroughly."

A couple more rounds of oral sex, then he was finally fully clothed and armored, ready to return to the public eye where she will be mercifully spared from his petty commands and desires.

"Become invisible, stay that way. Time to meet the girls. I might even let you play with them with me," he said, ever so generous. Though given how he'd worked one of the girls into their deal, Syra was utterly unconcerned by his dancing around it now like it was some sort of treat for her, when she knew full well that it was yet another child's fantasy to have a pair of lovely women under his control, and after popping out of visibility, she rolled her eyes, making a rude face at him.

He led them into the town square, looking for a certain mage and the cleric she was supposed to find...

This time, they are there waiting for him early. Viera's expression was hardened with determination as she psyched herself up to go in and not flee at the first sign of danger this time. The priestess she found was fully decked in Inquisitor's Initiate regalia, ultra conservative dressing that made it impossible for Jayden to see what lay beneath, but she had a pretty enough face, even if it was set in a haughty expression.

She was a Light Demon* with rich blue skin, white hair and glowing gold eyes, standing a good few inches taller than Viera, which put her almost on par with Jayden's height.

Before getting close enough for them to hear him, Jayden whispered to Syra, "She's an inquisitor. Shit. There will be questions if she disappears. Fuck, fuck. They might even purge the dungeons down to level 5. And soo many questions for me... fuuuck."

"She's a valuable bargaining chip," Syra corrected him quietly, "Either your benefactor makes her worth the risk, or he gets the mundane elf, that's all you need to focus on."

He took a deep breath and strolled up to the pair. "Good morning. Are we ready? I have healing potions and have had my armor and weapons repaired. We will do this for Adrienne. Those goblin bastards will learn what it means to take one of ours!"

Syra raised her brows, mildly impressed by how smoothly he slipped into the dedicated hero mold.

"We're ready. Jayden, this is Initiate Astrafyr. Initiate Astrafyr, this is Jayden," Viera introduced them, and the holy initiate nodded to him, solemn as she greeted him.

"I am glad to be in the company of one who would remain at his companion's side, even if it risks his own life. Such selflessness is rare from one so young."

He bowed, "Your Radiance (a title usually reserved for a full priest). I could not leave anyone behind. And while it seems noble, I confess, it is because I could not live with the guilt if I survived while not doing...my best..." The humility. The self-sacrifice. The devoutness.

Petty, cruel, and devious, Syra updated her opinion.

*See "Draenei" from World of Warcraft

Astrafyr inclined her head in a gesture of respect, even while firmly correcting the incorrect use of the title he'd given her, "I am a simple initiate, there is no need for such a formality with me." The "yet" hung in the air, her sense of holy superiority undiminished by his display of virtue. "Shall we?" she nodded toward the dungeon's opening.

Jayden nodded resolutely. "We don't have a rogue, but our previous incursion indicates the traps are weak and mostly annoyances. We should remember where many are. I will lead. Viera should be in the middle as she is the least protected. If Initiate Astrafyr can hold the rear, we should be set. Beware. The attack that... the last fight we had; they came in from side passages while we were distracted."

Once they nodded in affirmation, he led the way in. The women followed, with Srya bringing up the rear, leaving enough distance between herself and the combatants that she wouldn't accidentally bump anyone or get in the way of a rear ambush.

Jayden did well at remembering where the traps were laid, and Viera filled in the gaps, warning him of those he'd forgotten. With the mage having gained a rank and a healer to back him up, they sliced through the weak enemies like a hot knife. Syra, of course, could decimate this level while screwing the other three into stupefied bliss. But for their rank, they did fine.

A couple hours in, they reached the ambush point. Jayden carefully triggered the trap, and the hobgoblins rushed them, only to be met by a prepared Jayden and Astrafyr. An easy fight that should simply have taken a little time. Before Jayden whispered, "Now Syra."

Her keen ears easily heard the invitation over the din of battle and with the Inquisitor engaged in defensive melee, Syra went for Viera first, her invisibility shattering as she grabbed the mage's robes and plowed her into the wall, headfirst to ensure a quick knock-out before closing in on the priestess while the mage fell, unnoticed as she had been behind the lines. Jaydens hobgoblin suddenly went inexplicably still, and the fighter ran him through. He called out, "Initiate!" Distracting the priestess and giving Syra the perfect opening as Astrafyr looked to him with concern. The succubus grabbed and hauled the Initiate into the wall, twice for good measure.

As the final Hobgoblin went inert, Jayden slayed it casually. "Man, I hope their faces heal alright. You are vicious. Okay, go in that room, become invisible, stay still, and stay silent. Don't do anything to draw attention to yourself unless I call you." Fuck! The little shit just rendered it impossible for her to interact with his benefactor...

Her eyes narrowed dangerously at him, warning that he'd better not try and fuck her over, before she popped out of sight, and moved to obey, watching him as her body went utterly still.

Jayden pulled out an amulet. Yes, definitely a Fiends Compass, Syra mentally confirmed. She couldn't make out the sigil from here, and yet there, stepping out of the shadows was a brown robed man. But if he was human, she would be a Saint. "You brought them. Good. One for you..." he handed the boy a collar, "One for me," another Compliance potion, "And a little bonus to play with," a second Compliance potion.

"Another collar will cost you five more girls. Tainted by you, but unspoiled," fucked, but virgins, Syra translated, "You are doing well. Perhaps we could improve your gifts with the next batch. If you... hmm... you brought a friend. I told you, no one else..." the mysterious man growled.

Jayden looked horrified as the man snapped his fingers and Syra's invisibility spell ended. Well shit, she still had to stand still and quiet... and utterly vulnerable. The hooded face stared at her through a long moment of silence while Jayden started stuttering, "She's a succubus. She won't tell anyone. She's bound to me. I will make her extend the cont-"

Suddenly, half of Jayden's head smashed up as if hit with a massive invisible force. The spell holding his head together was suspended and the injury he received previously returned in full force, dropping him, drooling and near dead, on the floor as the robed man approached Syra.

Syra dismissed Jayden's fate without care, watching the cloaked man approach in still silence. Her muscles were tensed to act the moment her contract was ended by the boy's death, yet... There was desperation to her gaze as she tried to see beneath the hood of the cloak, a faint hope that maybe the face beneath belonged to her Master, and he had acted in offense over the boy's hold on her....

"Your contract has ended."

The boy yet lived, and still she felt freedom in her limbs and voice once more. The man's voice was utterly plain and neutral.

The brown robes vanished, and in their place was the most plainly ordinary man she had ever seen. Everything about him was completely average and unnoteworthy. Average light brown hair. Clean shaven. Even build. Nothing remarkable at all.

And he was the most glorious thing Syra had ever seen as she recognized the preferred form of her Master when he would enter a new city to corrupt and turn.

Tears of euphoric joy filled her eyes, and Syrafin fell to her knees.

"Master,' she breathed, the word filled with centuries of loss and longing, devout as any worshiper.

12