Hopes, Like Flowers, Die

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nate was sobbing again, the sound of it almost too weak to be heard... but Axel heard it. After what felt like an eternity, Nate's eyes finally fluttered to a close. Axel gripped his chin again, agitation flaring inside of him when Nate flinched.

"Don't go to sleep,"

Axel ordered in a murmur, pressing a kiss to the tip of Nate's nose.

"...we have the whole night together."

***

Axel awoke to the feeling of the bed dipping beside him, the blanket that had been tangled around his legs now tugged away.

He blinked sleepily, running a hand over his face as his eyes got used to the morning sun. He shot up suddenly into a sitting position when he saw Nate standing, attempting to wrap the blanket around his shoulders.

When Nate caught Axel's eyes he cringed, and Axel felt it like a punch to the gut.

"So... I'm going to head off."

Nate murmured, his morning voice cracked and distorted, the puffiness of his eyes evidence of how much he had cried last night.

Axel tried not to look shocked by his nonchalance, reminding himself that Nate had been drugged and probably didn't remember a thing.

"Ah... your clothes are on the floor, I think."

Axel managed to say with a grunt. Nate just nodded, wincing when he took a step forward, almost losing his footing and stumbling in the effort to not fall.

Axel grimaced when Nate drew in a pained breath and tugged the blanket closer around him, shielding his nakedness from Axel's eyes. He could still see though, could still spot the marks he had left him... hickies and nips painting the other man's porcelain skin.

At least Axel had that. At least he had given Nate something to remember their night together... even if the drug didn't let him.

Nate did his best to dress himself in the state he was in, at one point he had had to grip the nearby dresser and take a few deep breaths before he dropped the blanket and struggled with his jeans. Axel took in the vision of it all-- taking in the view of Nate's lush ass being squeezed into those tight little jeans. He still had Axel's dried come between his thighs, and more dripping from his swollen hole as he bent to tug each pant leg on.

It was a nice sight... one Axel would probably never see again.

When he was finally dressed, Nate threw the blanket back to the bed and Axel caught it, holding it between his hands like a lifeline as Nate stood there, refusing to meet his eyes.

Axel watched him for a silent moment, wondering what to say, wondering how to even address this. Nate was probably confused, probably wondering how they had even ended up in bed together, two former enemies turned strangers. Did he even remember seeing Axel at the club? Did he remember how he had looked at him with such horror in his eyes?

Axel gripped the blanket tighter, forcing the memory from his mind.

Maybe if Axel spoke, if he said the right thing, this wouldn't be a one-time thing? Maybe he could convince the other man that they--

"I came to you, Axel... I came to you because I trusted you."

Nate said, his voice monotone as he finally lifted his eyes and looked directly at him. Axel's eyes widened as Nate's words sunk in.

"As soon as I realised what had happened to me I... I came to you, and you--"

Nate's words broke off with something resembling a sob, voice breaking as he pressed his hands to his face and drew in a deep breath. When his hands dropped, Nate's eyes were glassy, but there were no tears. The look in his eyes... there was no emotion there. It was like everything had withered to nothing.

Numb.

"I hope we don't see each other again."

His words were as dead as his eyes, and with one final breath, he turned in his heal and left, the only evidence of his condition just a slight limp in every purposeful step.

Axel watched him go, Nate's words echoing in his mind, piecing his heart with every beat, until that was all he could hear.

"...I trusted you."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope you enjoyed this story, please feel free to leave a comment, I read and appreciate them all. Also feel free to leave any ideas/requests for future works, I can't promise I'll be able to write it but if I feel inspired I just might. Thanks :)

12