All Comments on 'Hoping for Satisfactory'

by BarryJames1952

Sort by:
  • 69 Comments
WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

News flash, we do not read for reality we read for escapism.

Think about about what your readers want when u craft your tales.

2/5

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 2 years ago

Wow. Stunning and realistic. Visceral and like a gut-punch. There are some genuine revelations in this extremely well-written story. Sadly, I think many will miss the diamonds in the dust in their quest to find the loose change in the grass. 5+++++++/5!!!

amygdalaamygdalaover 2 years ago

Sad but oftentimes true.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 2 years ago

Well-written but depressing story 4 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

12 years and she doesn‘t talk?

MightyheartMightyheartover 2 years ago

Very Dark. Realistic and well written.

technofrog2002technofrog2002over 2 years ago

It was most definitely sad and was hard to read, but I feel it was well written. I liked it for how well it was written but I think if it hadn’t ended so depressingly I would have really liked it.

PeytonMirabellePeytonMirabelleover 2 years ago

Sad story but probably reflective of the damage long-tem cheating will do. When someone's done, they're done, and there's no getting the love back. Thanks for sharing.

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 2 years ago

Nope sorry. Could have been so much better .The wife's bait and switch was just too cruel. Could have been a solid 4 stars but only worth 2.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Total 5. An ineffably sad story, told with honesty and awareness. Not the usual LW fare, in that it isn't the W at fault here. I'd checked out the author's profile, and he's a man of faith and, presumably, faithfulness. Made me wonder if that's also true of JClife. Mostly because of his name, but also that his stories also have integrity.

francemanfrancemanover 2 years ago

good story.

You even were nice to him.

You described him as a big, self-centered asshole.

I even wonder how they can try to start over when he was unfaithful for 12 years.

someoneothersomeoneotherover 2 years ago

Sad story but well-done with a solid background

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Too sweet. The reality is much more painful, it can reach suicide or murder.

I married 44 years ago. My wife was from a low class, but her speaking was correct.

On my side, I reached MA in University even if I never worked with this choice. I preferred leaving my country and living elsewhere. One year and a half I met this woman at work and after a very small courtship, we decided to build a home together. I was not in love, frankly speaking, I never know what love is. My goal was to build a family, with a wife and children.

We had 2 children. I loved them and still love them even if they are living elsewhere. My wife had many health problems around the births of our children and finally, she underwent a big surgical intervention which made her a no-woman. I knew before the surgical procedure what will happen. I discussed it with my wife but she insisted and I began to understand that in fact, I didn't love her, she felt the same. We are living each of us in 2 different bedrooms. She prepared the food as she wanted to eat and I'm forced to prepare my food because I'm not enough healthy. In fact, everybody is waiting for the death of one of the couple's member!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

He was an asshole. Tiff went way beyond to try to fix him. He was hopeless. Yeah Tiff!

.

3 ***

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 2 years ago

I’m glad you didn’t do a RAAC. He didn’t deserve her. He was an idiot and a cheater for so many years. He didn’t deserve the outcome he got. What was his relationship with his daughters. Should be strained at best. He failed with his wife, he should put his energies into his kids.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hmm, damn close to the bone. Yeah, it hurts. A lot.

No matter how hard you try of flip it, you can win anymore. All you can do is keep breathing and a view over the horizon.

Captcha

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 2 years ago

"She had to have a reason, and I'm damn sure you own some of the blame." - Cheap. He KNOWS there's a reason, even if he doesn't know that she know.

\

"You see, I... well, I haven't been faithful in recent years." - Jeezus! You've spent half the story setting her up as an unfeeling, cheating bitch, then pull the rug out from under us?

\

She slaps him twice and he just takes it? I'd take one, but the second would get a slap back.

\

He should have taken the 50-50. He's done everything he could, she wants the divorce, he shouldn't be further punished.

Frank66Frank66over 2 years ago

Well, this one took several wild swings, probably intentionally so, but the outcome seemed reasonable. I'll give it a 4, higher than most. If she knew that he had cheated on her, then why not confront him with it then, instead of 12 years later concocting that cheating scene?

nestorb30nestorb30over 2 years ago

Well written and fairly realistic. Most marriages end with a whimper not a bang

Bebop3Bebop3over 2 years ago

A sad, but realistic tale. Well done, sir.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

It was a sad reality tale, so I was forewarned. I would have liked alittle more storyline about how the kids were impacted. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Sad story, an interesting slant on a relationship gone sour over indiscretions. Well done.

onlythelonelyloveonlythelonelyloveover 2 years ago

Thank you for a great slice of life as it can be. The only thing is that his life is not over. Sometimes we are granted grace from the travails we have caused ourselves. One needs to be aware of it when it is on offer…

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

The pain he felt was well described and conveyed to the reader. Then Tiff showed him that it was no less than the pain that she felt when she discovered his infidelity, and she knew the pain for several months. Her long term festering resulted in the inability to genuinely reconcile. Very well developed story, teaching one of life's lessons. 5*

RJDinNY

SilverWolf78754SilverWolf78754over 2 years ago

Nice to see the foot on the other foot in the Loving Wives. Realistic and heartfelt.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"Now, after last night, I feel like a total hypocrite."

.

What do you mean "like"? Is is 100% a hypocrite. Okay, that's the point of the story. However, you wrote it in first person. It's one thing for this in a third person story where it's revealed to the other characters the same time as the readers, NOT in a first person story.

.

The whole point of first person is to know what the narrator is feeling and thinking. If it turns out those feelings and thought was wrong, you are lying to the readers. As soon as I see crap like that, the story is a 1 and remains a 1 regardless of the rest of the story.

.

If you are going to have your main character negate everything you set up this badly, do NOT write in first person.

timrivtimrivover 2 years ago

Sad but realistic.

Hooked1957Hooked1957over 2 years ago

I certainly wasn't expecting civility in LW today. Thank you for a good story.

Hooked

TechumsahTechumsahover 2 years ago

I liked it a lot very different. It kind of feels like she was just torturing him at a certain point though. I know that's not the intention, because she would of just left. Seems to realistic.....to my first marriage. Great job.

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 2 years ago

If she wasn't willing to fight or communicate, then y bother. They should've divorced sooner and I did not enjoy the hubby being a wimp. Not saying to btb but should've just left after he caught her. She was so nonchalant and she should've just filed for divorce b4 hand instead of being a cheater. At that point what was left for her when she started to feel indifferent towards her hubby.

Buster2UBuster2Uover 2 years ago

A hopeless and very sad reality tale. Excellent writing an 5 stars to writer. It is heartbreaking to loose a marriage. But happens all the time. From lack of communication to little differences adding up over the years. The fake fuck was a great and unique touch. The biggest regrets of my life are the reasons and actions that caused the heartbreaks of my life. Throwing away a great relationship and life partner just cause the grass is always greener. Having confidence that you will NEVER loose your wife until you do something that can't be undone and you do. Those kinds of things are hard to recover from. But life goes on until it doesn't anymore.

Regguy69Regguy69over 2 years ago

No, your tombstone should say.”another cheater dies broken hearted”. He cheated for years and then gets bent out of shape when she acts like him. Typical hypocritical cheater. He got better than he deserved. Fuck him and all cheaters.

Rocky62Rocky62over 2 years ago

He didnt hit the gym to firm up? Knew it wouldnt work out when she humiliated him in front of the two coconspirators and the weeks of bitchiness

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

Well you get the rare 5* for this.

This is the reality that 90%+ of couples face when one cheats. No standing in the doorway masturbating, no "I dont know where this is going but Im looking forward to it" and no [To be Continued.....]

Well written, and its a rare treat to be a story reflect the fact that the husband cheating is more likely to be the case than the wife.

And thank you for writing one of the VERY rare realistic women at LW. At first she seemed like the same cliched wife that everyone writes, but in this case she was very real in that she had cause to be.

Best story in a while here.

chytownchytownover 2 years ago

***Thanks for the read.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 2 years ago

Marriage requires a lot of work from both parties!

5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I read this a second time. It’s a damn depressing read that is extremely well written. We never find out how his ex-wife really feels about her current marriage. But it is obvious that trading his true love for acceptable companionship is a bit less than fulfilling. A story with a moral. Keep it in your pants!

I’m Buckeyebob, I forgot to sign in!

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 2 years ago

Excellent! I read a bunch of the comments, and a bunch of the negative ones would not have been written had the rolls been reversed. It clearly shows the double standard. Somethings can’t be made right, and wishing (as she did) doesn’t always work.

Good story, I found it credible and enjoyable

Chilleywilley

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

1* - may have been a nicely written story as some said previously - but I'm not giving any story a high rating when I don't enjoy the ending - reading should be a pleasure

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Tiffany should have dumped this dumbass long before she did. He's nothing but a cheating asshole.

lujon2019lujon2019over 2 years ago

At least in the end she wasnt a cuck, shoulda dumped him sooner and torched his ass

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Well, you weren't kidding with the description.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Have to admit it. That was a good story.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 2 years ago

You are right... that is a sad fucking story.

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Another excellent story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

I’m surprised as a women I sympathise with the husband. I feel if the wife fell out of love with her husband a decade ago y the hell didn’t she say something before instead of continually leading him on

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

yeah "sintess" Tiff and her two "heroes" friends

Rancher46Rancher46about 2 years ago

Well, I am amazed that Tif put up with his crap for 12 years. Actually, she should have drawn a line in the sand long before that fateful night. Sad story but I guess he got what he deserved, as they say, "What goes around comes around." 4 stars

lbeachamlbeachamabout 2 years ago

The story rings true. What else can a reader hope for? This story is a life road-map to avoid for sure.

lbeachamlbeachamalmost 2 years ago

I read the story again. At the end I realized at the end. (I'm late '60's with early symptoms of dementia.) I'm so satisfied that I or my wife never burdened our relationship. We never crossed the line and valued each other in all areas. Lot's of truth and warnings if you want to remain happily married to the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Like others, I agree, that staying in a relationship like that was the wrong thing to do. She should have left him years ago. It would have been better for both of them.

Doesn't mean though that he shouldn't have kicked her out the moment that humiliating opening even happened.

I hope he at least bombed the other guy's marriage.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Should

He should have saved his time. It was obvious from the original set up she wasn't going to reconcile,so he should have signed the papers straight away.

JohnAmalfi4104JohnAmalfi4104over 1 year ago

Good story. He was a cheating ass, but should have left him years before. And he should have taken the 55/45 divorce from the get-go. Anyone who does something like that to prove a point is not going to forgive you, and it never sounded at any point in this story that she loved him at all. His guilt for being cheating slime made him view the relationship through rose-coloured glasses.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Don't know if this would ever happen in real life or just this story, but it sure was a gut wrencher. I guess what goes around comes around and I can understand Tiff not getting that "feeling" back again with the filter gone. So very sad,

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336about 1 year ago

What a pussy that guy Alex is. Yes, he cheated but why did he still have to allow that bitch Tiffany to slap his face. He should have excused himself and gone to his den before coming back with a 12 gauge shotgun then tell Tony and his bitch wife to leave his house. Then walk Tiffany to her closet and tell her to pack her clothes and get out of the house. That is the problem with American men these days. Today's American male is a whimp trying to please every femdom bitch out there.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Sad story but it is the husband's damn fault. People who co.ment need to read the story. She only found out like five months prior. She trued to send a signal to him but cutting him off from sex. No dice. Then she enlisted aid to do the stunt that made her look like she was cheating. If the MC and Tiffany switched genders, most of the readers would be lauding his attempted payback. Get over it. The husband was a recidivist cheater. Over and over again. She had felt him pulling away a decade ago, and yet didn't find out until a few months the ago. If Tiffany had been cheating for 12 years while on the road on business travel and the husband found out about a lengthy history of cheating and then planned to get payback, almost all the readers would be calling for her to be burned and kicked to the curb. Look the revelation of his cheating for so long, killed her love and did it retroactively because whe knew it was why he had drifted from her for so long. Seriously she did nothing wrong. You can quibble that she shouldn't have spent a few mo the sending subtle signals that the MC did not pick up on instead of outright confronting him. Again she did not do anything wrong. The comments that she appears to never have loved him are hilarious. How do you know? Almost certainly she did despite his drifting and lack of interest in their marriage but she stuck it out despite her feelings of being left alone a lot of the time, but when she learned the truth, her love for the MC just died. Again flip genders. What would you think then. Be honest. Rekindling their marriage was not realistic. She gave it more of a try than most would in her position. Should be rated higher.

SeaChangerSeaChanger12 months ago

Sad story, but real problems.

Clearly they both suffered. But his infidelity triggered an epipheny in both of them.

5*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great plot line.

For me almost the perfect loving wives story - she tried hard.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I read this one again and still liked it a lot. So much to think about ourselves and the way we look and act in life. So much pain at the end of the day after all it’s said and done.

We should reflect on regrets about what we have done less than about what we should have done.

Five, Cheers

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A sad and real story. I bet thousands of couples have a very similar experience every year. Thanks for sharing.

Russ43ChandlerRuss43Chandler10 months ago

Good story and well developed and I gave it 4 stars. I can’t reason why not five. I can only think that it was sad but true. Thanks and forgive me.

AstordatairAstordatair10 months ago

Very powerful story, and extremely well written. I could feel the emotions of the two MCs. I give it 5 stars.

Alright_alright_alrightAlright_alright_alright7 months ago

First problem he let her dictate how everything was going to play out from the start, when she went into the bathroom and locked the door. A for real, would've knocked it down, but not flip out but just make it where she had to face you rite then. Wimps

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Eh, not my favorite. I dislike these types of stories where the wife does something shitty, only to find out later that the guy did something shitty, and now she's forcing her will on him. First, who would just sit there and let her nonchalantly walk away from needing to discuss the opening issue? How's the guy going to cheat for 12 years, then be expected to catch on to her "signs?" Or why would he have remorse about what's going on? The wife was just dragging him along after their confrontation anyway. After a week, I'd be like "Give me the divorce papers." That's assuming I cheated and didn't immediately go for the divorce right from the get go. And the MMA guy, he should have told him to do his worse, then turned around and pressed charges if he couldn't take him. Like I said, not my favorite conditions for this genre, so I'm a bit biased. Overall, it was at least written decently.

NitpicNitpic4 months ago
After

After the bedroom stunt,he should have divorced her,not hung around.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

boy she remarried quickly. And he should have gone 50/50.

AnonymousAnonymous16 days ago

Sad tale …. But incredibly realistic ….

Very good writing nonetheless

Perhaps something with a more positive outcome

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBarryJames1952@BarryJames1952
I'm an old romantic who is completely in love with my wife. I find reading romances and thinking about romances keeps me focused on how great she is and how much I love her. I am also a man of faith and my writing will reflect that. Yes, Christians like sex too! Often the rom...

SIMILAR Stories