How Do I Write the Next Line?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Apparently, she'd been closer to the edge than I thought. Vi closed her eyes, tilted her head back, and let out a short sharp yelp. Her entire body shook. Her leg spasmed and slapped her heel against the cabinet. Her excitement and vibrating sent me over the edge.

I tensed. My breath hitched and I uttered a guttural snarl as I came in a torrent, spraying my seed deep into Vi's welcoming body. Three hard pulses, followed by a weaker fourth and fifth. Long-denied euphoria enveloped my torso, spreading to my limbs. I slumped and rested my head beside hers, with my forehead on the cabinet.

Vi's hands continued to stroke my hair. For a few minutes, there was no sound save the rasps of our ragged breaths.

My mind whirled. What happened? She was so angry before, then threw herself at me like she was starving and I was a twenty-ounce steak. Aftershocks continued to ripple through her and I told myself I wouldn't get any answers until we'd both come all the way down.

A moment later, her husky voice panted in my ear. "Ted? Can you let my leg down?"

"Huh? Oh, yeah, sure." As soon as my jumbled mind could make sense of and process her words, my body followed. I stepped back, letting my still-hard cock slide out of her, and lowered her leg. Her skirt fell across her groin but not before I got a glimpse of her messy, ruined snatch, painted white with the fruits of our labors. My dick twitched at the sight.

Vi kicked her underwear off her foot, where it had been dangling since I rushed them down her legs. She slid off the counter, then bent and picked them up. When she caught me staring, a rosy glow spread up her cheeks. Her voice was a whisper. "Be right back." She tossed me a shy smile. before heading toward the bathroom.

I grabbed a clean dishcloth, cleaned and wiped myself off, and chucked the cloth through the open door to the laundry room. Then I raised my pants and tucked myself away. As I stood by the kitchen table, I savored the endorphins coursing through my system and wondered which Vi would emerge from the bathroom: the harpy who had been spitting fire when I got home, or the demure lass who blushed under my gaze, even though we had just fucked each other silly.

It turned out to be neither. Vi matter-of-factly strode into the kitchen, helped herself to a glass of water, and sat. "I think we both needed that but I guess now we should talk."

"Okay, but why the change in heart?"

She sighed and lowered her eyes. "Mostly because I'm still a coward."

"I never thought you were a coward."

"But I am." She raised her eyes to mine. "I do love you, Ted. I mean, of course I do. You're one of the best men I've ever met. I never, ever would have made a move or said something when Carolyn was alive. She was my best friend and you two were happy together. Then she started in with her lover. Believe me, there were times during my exile that I considered telling you, just to break you up, so I could have the chance at you myself."

Vi's smile was tinged with sadness. "But that would have made me as bad as her. It's also part of the reason why I was afraid to tell you. I held on to this idea that I was going to be doing it for the wrong reasons--for myself, rather than because it was the right thing to do. So I was afraid on several fronts, not just because I was going to wreck your happy home."

"Okay, I think I understand that." Right or wrong, I could easily see her thinking getting twisted up that way. However ... "So when I kissed you the other day, why did you pull away?"

"Lingering loyalty to my best friend, whether she deserved it or not. I wanted you and right then, I knew I could have you. But it still felt wrong. So I ran, yet again." She sipped her water. "The next day, I was torn. I regretted rejecting you. I wanted to talk. But you left. I admit, that made me mad since I had to deal with my feelings alone until I saw you again."

"Me too."

"I know. I spent the last two days pacing, cursing your name, and wishing I had kissed you more. When I drove over here today, I knew one of two things was going to happen: we were going to set some boundaries or I was going to fuck you." She shrugged. "I guess we saw what happened."

"I hope you don't regret your choice because I don't." I reached across the table and took her hand. Her fingers closed around mine and she looked at me. "I do love you, Vi. Do you believe me?"

"Yes."

"Do you love me?"

Her voice fell in volume. "Yes."

"Do you regret what happened a few minutes ago?"

"No."

"Do you still feel guilty?"

She bit her lip and shook her head.

"Good." I rose and stepped around the table, dragging her to her feet. "Then let me finish what I started the other night."

I tilted my head and embraced her mouth in a gentle kiss. Unlike the scorching fire of our coupling, we were gentle and calm. We stayed together for a moment before breaking apart. I held her face and smiled at her, which she returned. A single tear dripped from her eye and wiped it away with my thumb.

"So," I said, "are there any more questions?"

"No."

"I hope that means you aren't going to run again."

"No, not anymore." She paused. "I mean, I do think I need to run home, just to get some things, but I promise I'll be back. Can you plan something for dinner? Just think of an idea. I'll help prepare it."

"We'll go out. Dress casual, okay?"

"Will do." She gave me another grin, picked up her purse, and flounced out, leaving me to my thoughts again.

I ran through the shower, straightened up, and made reservations at a small family-owned Italian restaurant I liked. What struck me most was how keenly I felt her absence--as if now that we had acknowledged our feelings, I wanted her with me all the time. The strength of the sentiment disturbed me a little and I wondered if I was setting myself up for another failure, like I'd endured with Carolyn.

Can't think that way. There are no guarantees in life, and this is the happiest you've been since Carolyn died--and it's not simply post-nut clarity. You love her and she loves you. You don't have to give blind trust, but just see what happens.

Vi returned ninety minutes later, strolling through the front door with a broad grin, like she owned the place. She'd changed into a button-down shirt and vest, and hip-hugging jeans. I have to admit, both my heart and cock perked up on seeing her.

She dropped a sizable bag by the door, wrapped me in her arms, and gave me a kiss. "Miss me?"

"Of course." I jerked my head toward her bag. "What's that?"

"Overnight bag."

I crinkled my brow. "That's a lot for one night. You need all that?"

"You never know. So I can sleep over?"

"You know you can." I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her close. "Vi ... I hope you consider us--"

"Exclusive?"

"Yeah."

She tossed her head, ejecting the white tress of curly hair from her field of vision. "Ted, you should know me better than that. After Carolyn, I understand your suspicion but remember, I know what it's like to have a spouse betray you. I mean, you could walk away from me too, like Owen did, right?"

I had to admit that was true.

"But I'm willing to bet you won't and I trust you enough to risk my heart. As for me, I would never, ever do that to you ... and I promise as long as we're together, I'll never even look at another man. I get that you're leery but all I can do is show you I mean it, okay? And that means you have to give me the chance."

I swallowed and nodded, taken aback at how quickly she had honed in on my own thoughts. "Sounds good."

"Good." Her pearly smile returned and we kissed again.

I drove us to the restaurant. Unlike our other recent outings, I opened her car door for her. I always had for Carolyn, just because I thought it was the right thing to do for my lady. Vi had commented long ago that her ex-husband never opened doors for her. That fact had stuck in my head and watching her face light up when I did was its own reward.

When I shut the car door, I took her hand. I gave her a sideways glance to see if she would react with hesitation but she squeezed my fingers and didn't so much as raise an eyebrow.

Dinner was fine and we chatted over inconsequential things. The ease of our close friendship, I realized, had translated across the boundary now that we were together. Our banter was a little more flirty, our looks more intense, but the familiarity was there.

Carolyn was my best friend before, and being married to my best friend made the day-to-day so much easier. This is the same thing.

A soft, steady rain--typical in Portland for late fall--started before we got home. I parked us in the garage, thinking about starting a fire and us cuddling on the couch.

As we entered the kitchen from the garage, Vi said, "Ted? Is the porch and hot tub still all connected, or did you start draining the lines for the winter?"

I blinked. "Uh, no. With the porch enclosed and insulated, I ended up never needing to."

She tapped my chest with one finger. "I think you should get us a bottle of wine and a couple of glasses, and get it warmed up."

"Oh, you do?"

"Yes." The sultry tone of her voice matched the sparkle in her eyes. "You won't be disappointed."

All I did was give a dumb nod. Vi winked, sauntered to the front door, picked up her bag, and disappeared upstairs.

I turned on the porch heater and got the hot tub churning and bubbling. We had set it up for rapid-fill capacity, and with a tankless water heater scorching the water lines, I knew it would only be about twenty minutes to get it warm.

Since Vi had not emerged, I ducked into my bedroom and changed into a swimsuit. Fortunately, I did have an unopened bottle of wine in the back of the fridge. I took that and two glasses and sat by the tub. The chill evening air washed over my skin, followed by the pleasant heat as I entered the hot tub enclosure. The tub gradually warmed up and I hopped in.

A moment later, the door opened and Vi stepped inside. She'd slipped into a knee-length blue robe and bound her hair up. "Looks comfy in there."

"Come in and find out."

She grinned, undid the robe's sash, and let it fall. She wore an immodest red bikini that was little more than a few small patches of cloth held together by string. My eyes traced over her every curve, from her large breasts, to her narrow waist, to her thick hips and thighs. She was never going to find a place on a fashion runway, but every inch of her was desirable and gorgeous. I tried to keep the lust from my face but I'm sure I failed, and felt myself getting hard.

"So, do I look terrible in this one?"

I chuckled, recalling our earlier exchange. "Atrocious. I can't believe you'd wear such a thing." I am sure my hungry eyes belied my words.

"I got it just for you." Vi stepped into the hot tub and sat down, the coy smile still on her face. Though she'd pinned her wealth of black hair on the top of her head, a tress or two bounced free. "Mmmm, that's warm."

"It's warmer next to me."

"I was hoping you'd say that."

I raised my arm as she slithered across the narrow tub and settled into my embrace with a sigh. Vi turned sideways and snuggled into my chest and I wrapped my arm around her, holding her close.

She raised her head and rested her chin on my chest. "This isn't too weird, is it?"

"I don't think so. Like we both said, we've loved each other as friends for a long time. Taking the next step feels pretty natural. I always thought you were wonderful, Vi. Even when you were out of our lives, I hoped things were going well for you, and that your life was good. Did you date very much?"

"Here and there but nothing ever stuck." She smiled. "No, it wasn't like I was sitting around waiting for you to come on the market. I'm sure you remember that Owen leaving wrecked me for a long time. It made me reluctant. I wasn't so desperate that I would take just anyone, in order to not be alone. I wanted what you and Carolyn had--at least before I knew she was cheating on you. Does that make sense?"

I stroked her back. "Yes."

"My life was generally good, even if I missed you both, and was upset at her." She paused. "In a way, I think Carolyn would approve of this--of having her two favorite people together."

"She might ... but I can't worry about that, and neither should you."

"I know."

She shifted and her hand brushed against my hard-on. She chuckled. "Is that for me?"

"Only you."

She looked at me again. "You mean it?"

"I do." I caressed her cheek.

Vi leaned forward and kissed me. Our lips tangled for a few seconds before she whispered, "Sit up on the edge."

I stood to do so. Her hands caught the edge of my swim trunks and she waited, glancing at me. I nodded and let her pull them down. My raging boner sprang free and I kicked my shorts loose.

Vi tilted her head as she stared at my cock. "You really are put together just right. I was so glad to see it."

"So, that was some kind of audition earlier, to make sure I passed muster?"

She giggled. "Not really. I knew we'd vibe well, in emotion and personality. You having a thick cock that fits like it was made for me ... let's just say that puts the cherry on top. Now, sit back and spread your knees."

Vi stood, reached behind her neck, and undid her bikini top, then pulled it away. Her tits were every bit as beautiful as I expected, topped by large areola and puffy nubs. She had some middle-age sag but I still drank in the sight of her as she edged closer, settling between my knees. I was so mesmerized watching her beautiful body that before I registered it, she lowered her head and took me in her mouth.

Warm, wet suction rolled around the head as she licked me like a lollipop. I gasped as she engulfed the whole shaft and bobbed in a slow, soft rhythm. Each stroke of her mouth made my cock throb, though the fact that we'd fucked earlier meant that I wouldn't be coming immediately. I relaxed and stroked her hair and face as she continued to blow me. Vi paused at the top and nibbled the tip before running her tongue back down the shaft. Her hand cupped my balls. She gave soft squeezes, matching the pace of her mouth.

After about five minutes, my cock was rock hard and my brain had pretty much left my body.

She pulled away, still gently stroking me, a small smile adorning her lips.

My frazzled thoughts managed to coalesce a few words. "At least now I know why you put your hair up."

"So, you like that?"

"No, I can't stand it."

Her silvery laugh filled the enclosure. "I'll be happy to do this for you, anytime, all the way to the finish--as long as you do the same."

I closed my eyes as she continued to stroke. "Not an issue."

"I didn't think it would be. I heard things."

"Oh?" As close as she and Carolyn had mostly been, I wasn't surprised they had talked. I hoped my ex had at least spun my oral skills in a positive light.

Vi grinned, as if reading my thoughts. "Uh-huh, and I have high expectations. But we'll work it out."

"Okay."

"But right this moment, I think I am still feeling a little greedy and don't want to put this bad boy to waste, so ..."

Her hands left me. Anxious, I opened my eyes to see she had risen, standing thigh-deep in the tub. A small smile still played on her face. Without breaking eye contact, she slid her bikini bottom down her legs and stood naked before me--a gorgeous vision, reminiscent of Botticelli's Venus, arriving on her scallop shell.

Vi turned and bent over the edge of the tub, aiming her magnificently round ass at me. Her thighs parted, revealing the promised land beyond. She gave me a knowing glance over her shoulder.

I didn't have to be told twice.

I moved directly behind her. Like a bloodhound following a scent, my cock nosed between her thighs. I parted her lips with the head and slid inside her hot, wet tunnel.

"Mmmm." Vi closed her eyes. Her voice was a purr. "God, how do you fit me so well?"

"Must be fate."

"I think fate is telling you to fuck me."

"I agree."

I grabbed her and rocked my hips, sliding back and forth. Within seconds, Vi began pushing back, matching my motion. We fucked nice and slow for several minutes, the silence of the room broken only by our grunts and the frothing whir of the hot tub water jets.

I slid one hand from her hip, along her rib cage, until my fingers were wrapped around one of the fullest breasts I had ever felt. Her nipple caught between my thumb and forefinger, and I gave her a light pinch.

"Yeah, baby, harder." I applied a bit more pressure and Vi cooed. She never stopped bouncing against my cock. "Yeah, more!"

I moved my other hand then, taking both breasts in hand and holding her half upright. I squeezed and massaged those magnificent orbs, and pinched the nipples. I wondered how they would feel under my tongue and my already-hard cock throbbed at the thought.

Vi dropped her hand between her legs and stroked herself. Within two minutes, her body was bucking under an orgasm. I fucked her right through it and within moments, she had built to a second one. "Yes, yes!" she panted as it tore through her. "I love you, Ted!"

I muttered my own reply. My swelling balls told me I would not be long and I held back as long as possible. Vi, however, must have felt me throbbing, since she clamped down on my cock. The increased pressure sealed my fate. For the second time, I unloaded into her. I savored the blissful feeling as we held together.

VI half-fell forward, resting her hands on the tub's edge. "Jesus, Ted, you're going to kill me."

"Sorry."

"Don't you dare be."

I eased my way out of her and stumbled back to sit down. Before I had even stopped moving, Vi had straddled my lap, facing me. Her bent knees settled on either side of mine and she draped her arms on my shoulders. We kissed for a moment before she pulled back and we smiled at each other.

I inhaled, trying to control the pounding of my heart. "Well, you sure are good for a guy's ego."

"Your ego should be fine. Believe it or not, you're the best I've ever had."

"Uh-huh." I'm sure my skepticism crept into my voice. I appreciated her words but I wanted honesty, not flattery.

Vi caught my tone. "I mean it." She dragged one of my hands between us, to settle on her pussy. Even with the motion of the water, I could feel it quivering. I eased a finger into her, eliciting a gasp. She was still slick and hot. "Trust me, I wouldn't lie to you, and the way I'm vibrating right now should be obvious."

I nodded.

"It's funny, too." Her face became pensive. "I was never able to come from just penetration. Orgasms just from clitoral stimulation were easier but still took time. But both at the same time? I always come, like a freight train, in moments." She sighed. "Owen never seemed to work that out, no matter how many times I told him. It's like he didn't care enough to remember."

"Well, believe me, I'll never forget."

She smiled again. "I believe you."

We kissed again.

#

My friends Robb and Jeff keyed in on my good mood after coming back to work after that weekend. They lingered in the doorway of my office, coffee cups in hand. Jeff said, "Have a good Thanksgiving?"

"Yeah, why?"

Robb grinned. "You look like you're in a better mood than you've been for a while." He nudged Jeff. "I think someone got lucky."

I matched his smile. "Lucky. I think so, too."

We texted each other all day and I asked her over for dinner. Most of the drive home, I was thinking about seeing Vi's beautiful smile, hearing her husky laugh, and holding her in my arms again.

I didn't think I'd ever find someone else I could love as much as Carolyn. I smiled. It really does happen when you're not expecting it.

I hadn't been home for five minutes when the doorbell rang. When I opened the door, I was surprised when a hundred-and-fifty-pound tornado in a business suit launched into my arms, smothering my face with kisses. I just managed to keep us on our feet. After a moment, we came up for air. "I could get used to that greeting."