All Comments on 'How High a Price: Long Ending'

by BDad

Sort by:
  • 334 Comments
AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

Of course he got back with that stupid selfish whore

AnonymousAnonymous12 days ago

Atavistic modern man's fantasy. Did King Arthur feel as bad with his wife's betrayal? Did his Queen feel as remorseful? Did the final confrontation really purge the bipolar poison of their shaky relationship? Was she really subconsciously fearful of her husband's Alpha side, or was she secure in his valuation of her?

skruff101skruff10128 days ago

So at its core this story is about one lawyer getting fucked (figuratively and literally) by a fellow lawyer. Are we shocked at their behaviour? We all know the legal community are the paragons of morality and the epitome of honourable and ethical values. Yeah well it is a fantasy site after all.

This story has a few alternates floating around the LW category one or two actually end the correct way…divorce.

Adding another ten pages to the other efforts is quite something, unfortunately it doesn’t add anything new to the conflict within Early and Susan’s relationship. We get it he’s a nice guy she’s a cheat and John’s a snake, why did it take ten pages of interminable talk to get to a frankly shoddy and predictable denouement.

AnonymousAnonymous30 days ago

Jings- the people in this story could talk all four legs off a donkey and the bugger would still run away for some peace and quiet given the chance.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 1 month ago

P.S. Be nice if you started writing again.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAabout 1 month ago

I loved the male M/C and the development you poured into him. The story was told so well my Adrenalin was actually pumping at 100 MPH. Thankfully someone wrote a story that depicted a wronged spouse as a strong person. Also, not much imagination was needed to see Stricker attacking a female. Jeez talk about a mis-calculation by doing the attack in the guys home. Finally this was one sort of naturalistic ending that fit the circumstances... No need for more in depth exploitation of the future. ....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The distracted driving analogy was nauseating. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

It all ended for me as of page 6, the two offending parts were, one when May is talking to Early and she states how women have to work twice as hard and as much as men to gain any respect or rewards, though this "may" be true, the fact that in the end they still only did the same job to the same standard as a man would have! How do you think men feel when completing the same job but getting zero respect or rewards? Men work tirelessly at jobs they hate for years, rarely getting even a thank you let alone gaining any respect or bonus rewards. The second offense was May comparing such a thing as speeding "which can and does happen" occasionally "unconsciously" without thought, even if done with complete intention because you're late or whatever reason it's just fk'n speeding! It is not immoral or unethical or a sin that happens to be in the top 10 twice (yes twice) once for thinking it and once for doing it! -Christianity hey who knew- good people with morals that's who!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

This story destroyed itself with the constant repetitive dialog for chapters on end instead of proceeding with the storey..You authors should also realise you over value "love". A wife no matter what, would never stab someone in the back that they ACTUALLY loved.She wanted the sex period..As for Early-what can one say about him. He forgot about his pride,self esteem and integrity. He could not think for himself by accepting excuses from others and wife for his wifes behaviour.This is contrary to your presentation of him.. Everyone blames Stickner,yes he was an ass hole.BUT she says NO,nothing happens.He CAN'T do anything without her saying so. SHE is the one that went out of the way to propose and have the long weekend..Early is a moron.A loving husband would be willing to die for wife/family,BUT NEVER for a wife that betrays him. You truly ruined this tale.You seem to like MCs that are simpletons..3stars..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

LOST ME ONE P.ONE, wanted to save marriae. incredibly stupid. Susan is incredibly stupid skank slut.. Deserve eac oter.

rereadreread2 months ago

A good story, but she got off to easy. If it was real life she would cheat again. I give 7 years to forget.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

written loose should've been lose..... she fell to the flood...= floor Hit him with an open hand? that's a slap... I'd think it was a fist... Stickner had forced his way into their house... same as breaking and entering... Previously warned to stay away and he shows up anyway... The P.I's report of Stickner's previous divorces and modes of operation which the senior partners "covered up". The story doesn't tell but I'm thinking that the firm's Partners had more than enough of Stickner's antics.. Early sues the firm and dear John ends up divorced again and this time fired. black listed, etc. But then, this is just a story I give it a 5 as the M.C. fights for the marriage.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The makings of a great version until you tried to equate a driving offense with having an affair. It was a pathetic attempt to justify your plot change and frankly made what followed laughable. People who have been treated like Early whether male or female, suffer for years and will remember at any time. They never fully forgive or forget. Thats the reality and i accept that for the sake of a reconciliation you wanted to bend reality a bit but come on, you completely suspended belief.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

This is one messed up writeup, poorly written is an understatement .

6King6King4 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ This ain´t Pearl Harbor level stuff, but it draws the same result. In the words of Japanese Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto “I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”

WolfOfTheWorldWolfOfTheWorld4 months ago

I haven't liked the other versions of this story, but I luke this one.5💥💥💥💥💥

"When Ashes fall, legends rise." Nice thought. Everything has a cause, every cause has a consequence. Some are simple, some are not. Some are very close to terminal. Stickner was a rabid animal, I would have destroyed him, as a person, as a lawyer, and as a husband/father. I have no mercy, I don’t forgive and never forget.

SexecutionerSexecutioner4 months ago

I'm betting the B in BDad stands for Bitch. 10 pages of lame assed, beaten to death, simp porn RAAC.

Let's review, wanton betrayal and disrespect. Slut pays no atonement or penance, but go nuclear on the AP. And in the end, they go skipping down the road hand & hand happily ever after.

You may not like cucky stories (though that's debatable) you sure champion the simp.

orion2bear2orion2bear24 months ago

She had no reason to fear her husband

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Nope, this ending is not consistent with logic. If he were going to remain married to this calculating cuckoldress, Early would politely have asked John to put another load of his semen into her unfaithful cunt so that Early could slowly and meticulously lick it out. It is the life he willingly chose by remaining her disrespected husband and cuckold. Some might now suggest another traditional bond between cuck and bull, but is too early for Early to offer John fellatio. That aspect of the life he has chosen will evolve for Early later.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

★★★★★★ Yeah, I didn't miscount! Your "ending" was long - long to the point that I rarely embark on such a winding trail. This "closing" was the best article I have read in Literotica.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I feel that you decided that RAAC was necessary regardless of the evil of the wife and it was clear early in your approach. As a result you are receiving very nasty comments. I personally couldnt read more and fast forwarded to the unsatisfying end.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I'm having trouble suspending disbelief.....while early is sitting there in the dark and she's telling a straight up lie about missing him and being in a lonely and telling sticky that she was his til Early got home shows me she knew exactly what she was doing...she wanted to fuk Sticky just as much as he her. She clearly knew right from wrong and was clearly into what she was doing...just didn't think she'd get caught and she'd be a partner to boot...Suppose she did get home before Early did? Would she have admitted what she did even proudly or would she keep it to herself and at some point she realized she could get=t away with again either in her office, away on business or just a quickie in the bath room for some sort of gain...or maybe just fun. It certainly wasn't Earley's fault she lost respect for him and thought little at the time about repercussions...and maybe have no repercussions at all....planting a seed of future dalliances that would at some point sprout. Original was great story this 2+

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

This would have been a four except, or is it accept, for the multitude of grammar errors and misspells. All you so-called writers should pay me the big bucks to correct your messes so you wouldn't look so stupid!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Your story explains everything but the two most important issues: 1. Why would Early want to stay married to a cheating whore?; and 2. Why would Early not just chuck Susan for a newer better woman.

Beautiful women are like a bag of Doritos…they are commonplace and always more to be had. There is nothing in Susan that shows her to be a special woman or a wife worth keeping. Better cut bait and divorce her. The author tells a story but not one wher she is worth loving or being married to. If I were Early’s employer I would not advance a man who tolerates infidelity and being disrespected and disloyalty. Nothing in this story shows Susan as worthy of being married to

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

You've been fluffing left and right while on meth writing this story, it seems your mouth has become a cum recepticle for any man that has fucked your wife, your female and male loved ones and of course your own holes, by slurping, licking, drinking, swallowing from the source, scooping it in your mouth, etc.

Get a grip on reality! You've turned him into a spineless cuck that takes his wife back and apologises when he lashes out ay the whore after less then a week since she was caught.

I'd ask what kind of horrendous puss infested cum hole you are but it is already been established. I'm quite certain it's been a long while since you've had actual morning breath and not having your breath smell like cum, piss and (literal) shit all hours of the day.

James G 5James G 58 months ago

There's some SERIOUS BS in this story. A firm knowing Stickner's history & then hearing her story would NOT just let her happily walk out the door without trying to get some sort of NDA or promise not to sue. Comparing her deliberate calculated planning and lying over a period of DAYS to distractedly driving too fast is ludicrous. There were a lot of other dropped balls here.

OldbuddyOldbuddy9 months ago

Good story thank you. Cut it by a third. Wordy.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I really, REALLY! like it when the scumbags get hurt. One of my favorite sayings about the crappie people of the would is "will see their best moment as dog chow" but bo you know how hard it is to gain discreet access to a commercial meat grinder these days?😈👿💀☠️

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

It was going so well. And then you killed it with the weak ending between Early and Susan.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

"...She smiled as he walked through the garage door "You're home early today..." Well that's obvious...he's home Early everyday isn't he? 🙄

DeanofMeanDeanofMean12 months ago

Not sure if he is just a better man than I am, or a bigger coward afraid to move on and is allowing things to be justified. Either way, wonderfully written thax for that.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great job of exploring the emotions that result from an affair, and the difficulties surrounding reconciliation.

Beautiful writing. Great read. 5*

Ed

26thNC26thNCabout 1 year ago

That’s a *5 just for the beating he gave Stickner, who as a real asshole. He was too easy on Susan, but that didn’t kill the story.

AllNigherAllNigherabout 1 year ago

The writing want bad. I hated the story though. Got tired of the guy explaining why he was at fault because woman are just property and it's his job to defend his property and territory.

As for Strickner... Scum bag but let's be honest... He didn't get her. He didn't offer a quid pro quo. He didn't theater her job. He held her, leg and his wife, and she figured him. Sorry. Fault is 100 percent hers. She's not property he stole. She's a person that made a choice. Maybe you can forgive her but not by pretending she's not human enough to make choices.

This author doesn't' appear to write anymore here it seems but if he did I'd probably avoid his works....

OOAAOOAAabout 1 year ago

FANTASTIC STORY!!!!! You did it really well!!! Congratulations!!! 5 stars, of course ;)

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Once again a fairly stupid or possibly delusional slut. Don’t know what Early did in the forces but it wouldn’t normally take that kind of operator 9 page to sort the arsehole stickner out. Although once it finally happened thought it was good

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

No bad. Not really good either.

I mean how realistic is it for Early to tell her in the midst of rhe most anguish filled part of their story..."maybe its time we should try for a little Susan or a little Early..."

Right. You just found out a few days ago that your wife whored herself to a coworker boss and is a lying cheating cunt...the fallout which causes her to quit her job...you don't trust her and aren't sure you can stay married to her?

And you are telling her that maybe it's time to start having kids?

Kind of lost me at that point.

MarkTwineMarkTwineabout 1 year ago

On the first page you had Early state that he wanted to stay married even though he had no details at that point. This was a clear signal that we were looking at another RAAC story. The major problem is that you write 9 more pages of boring dialog to try to convince the reader that the forgiveness was justified. This story could be improved by dropping the last 9 pages. And tell bacchant2, that I will continue to critique these free stories no matter how badly he twists his panties. If the authors don’t want or can’t take feedback then they can simply not publish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I stopped reading when May started on the speeding comparison.

SeaChangerSeaChangerover 1 year ago

Interesting dialog and never skipped anything.

Well done !

nixroxnixroxover 1 year ago

1 star - I always give a one score whenever there is any physical violence in an LW story.

The best revenge story is the one where he used a drone to dump a load of animal shit on the cheating couple through the open window on the roof of the car - now that was funny - can you imagine how bad they stunk? Especially, if it was pig shit - nothing smells worse. The car would have been written-off.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A probably realistic story about women in a mainly male-dominated workplace. They've to work 3x as hard as the men, & probably still taken advantage of. Being a male, I can only imagine by previous conversations, etc. That being said: one commenter stated that May should be fired.

... While I'm not sure I agree with ALL she said, she did give some good advice & pointers. Also, she's Early's right hand woman & seems to excel at that. So her firing would not only be ill advised, but also.... yes, tragically stupid. However, at least to my thinking, she didn't give a good enough reason for Susan's cheating. While it's a valid point linking Early's & Susan's feeling of accomplishment (or hoped), May's explanation for Susan's adultery lies flat.

... The conversations between husband & wife wasn't really realistic, but more like he'd use in his job. Should've been more hard hitting & not using what might be negotiating terminology. In doing so, Early didn't come across as "mighty" as he did in his confrontation with Stickner. Actually, Early should've spoken to the powers that be, perhaps even passing Susan after her resignation. Early didn't get out of his negotiation/ almost wimpy-husband part UNTIL Susan's phone call & Stickner's doings in his house.

... At the end, which I think was one of the high points of the story, she looks into Early's eyes; even though they returned to normal, she noticed a darkness. Well, gosh be it all, you don't go through what he went through & NOT be changed. Doesn't happen. The last line about disturbing a sleeping dog... reminded me of what (I think) a Japanese general said after Pearl Harbor's attack, about waking up a sleeping giant.

.... With what I wrote above, still an intriguing & entertaining story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I enjoyed immensely this story a few months back & went for another quick read. I'm not through with it yet, but some things hit me straight out. (Not sure if I commented on it or not, but here it goes.) One is punctuation. Too many commas leading to runon sentences. Other times, commas - & periods, are missing.

:: Conversation (Susan's explanation) sometimes's unbelievable. Some of Early's comments/ questions might be great in his field of work, but not between husband & wife; they seemed to be framed as that negotiation. As with other stories I've read, there's NO or little give & take. At the start, Early apologized for doing all the talking - why? And again when he interjected his thoughts. Bullshit!! No reason for him to apologize, & by doing so, makes him appear a bit weak.

:: Likewise, as she's talking about the act & her feelings - her marriage was like a movie - that comment was ignored. Seriously? I can't think of any of the people I know that wouldn't jump all over that. Likewise her "gift" to John. How'll Early know that won't be repeated sometime down the road, as a so-called late working night or just an overnight when he's away on business. In spite of her words, while I'm doubtful she'll repeat, it's far from assured. As such, I modify my earlier comment about the conversation: mostly but not fully believable.

:: Early's confrontation with John: nothing was done until after Susan quit her job, leading John to burst in the house & attack her. There should've been some scores to settle before that, which includes Early speaking with the CEO &/or HR - with or without Susan. This could've been done serving the firm with a lawsuit, whether or not Early intended to continue. Yes, there wasn't all that much time, but he did nothing until provoked. Another: once found that John's wife isn't dead, make her aware of her loving husband.

:: 10 pages I felt was too long, but truthfully, I'm not a fan for really long stories. My viewpoint. However, with the above, I'm keeping my rating; while I'm not loving the story as much as before, changing it to 4 stars would be, to me, a bit too much.. Bob

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

This is three for three on the RAAC front, started reading this lot starting with the original and going through the alternates in chronological order, yet to come across a realistic ending yet, oh well on to the next.

kiteareskitearesover 1 year ago

I know I'm pissing in the wind, 18 years later but...

If this is the best of the sequels (2nd based on score) then I think I might avoid the rest.

Spelling and grammar were shot, setting? drug? champaign?

Changing names of characters - Susan to Sharon and Dan to Sam.

Despite the assertion that Early is not a cuckold wimp, he only takes on John when he has invaded his home and is directly threatening Susan. Up to the point he had done nothing but prevaricate over what to do, painfully so for someone that was supposed to be a problem solver and one with a mysterious history in the 'service'. How long would it have taken to send his dossier to John's firm? Especially his father in law? How long for his friends to find out where John's wife was and send her all the information plus Susan's story, including how John's wife died of cancer... then when he's been sacked and divorced, then hunting him down and taking a pound of flesh.

As for Early taking the blame, he did not spread her legs, he did not suggest she thank John, he may have been to blame for being complacent in their marriage, but then so was she and Early never slept with anyone.

No, dealing with John as he did and taking the blame that he did are moves often associated with the wimp and cuckold end of the spectrum.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I'm not sure if you were trying to write an alpha beta or a beta alpha, but what you ended up with was a brainless turd as the husband. I guess bringing him down to the level of not deserving better than a cheating slut giving him an STD is the easiest way to justify a reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I had to pause reading this travesty of literature to say one thing: Fire May. Her "advice" screams of a cheater explaining the excuses she used to justify her own bad behavior. She is not somebody you can trust, which makes her a bad choice for a job with such responsibilities. Maybe he can hire Jennifer. She seems to have a good head on her shoulders...

rn2711rn2711over 1 year ago

A good story even though I don't like stories about the strong, special forces guy protecting what's his.

TheOldStudTheOldStudover 1 year ago

This is probably the best sequel to the Troubadour's "How High a Price" on this site. Amazing for an author that only has two stories...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

A realistic view of life & probably the work place as it concerns a woman- especially one in a male dominated profession. Susan was wrong, definitely, but I'm happy to see Early took his share of the blame, even if it's possibly more than he should've. The writing- excellent, the storyline- well though out, & the dialogue was totally believable. The fact that John kept harassing them to the point of trying to force Susan to change her story, Early had no choice in what he had to do. I'm just surprised that he didn't hurt John worse than he did. And that THEY didn't call the police on him. The story showed the conflicts internally & between them. I'm hoping that, with this author only writing 2 stories, is that he's new. I'm about to read his other one, and if this story's any indication, I'll be thrilled. One of the few stories that 5 stars just isn't enough. Thank you, BDad Bob

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Almost in spite of the clichés and highly questionable statements such as those about corporate fairness, this story manages to give a very credible portrayal of females in the work place. Compartmentalized coexistence. Two separate lives lived in the same body each and every day with masks slipping on and off during the two commutes. It is likely that at the beginning of her career the mask is applied on the way to work, but all too often--and as with this story--a point is passed where the masking is switched and a mask is needed before arriving at home. The action in the vast majority of LW stories--as in this one-- are precipitated by the juxtaposition of the two separate realities. "Going unconscious" is, of course, exactly what happens. Becoming and then remaining aware of the triggers for that occurrence is the only way to snap out of it. Hence, the insistence by the hubbies on getting to the truth of what actually happened. The phenomenon has a name. It is referred to as "abaissement du niveau mental". Look it up.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Ending seemed a bit off. We already got that Early had changed. But the ending seemed very succinct and short while some of the rest of the story was long. I like some of the reveals. Not sure I understand the back story of "issues" in their marriage beforehand. I also don't understand why she thought he was abrupt and snappy when called about her likely promotion to partner. That was at the start of his business trip? Before Wednesday? That was left unanswered. She was very naive for such a supposedly talented lawyer. I get that alcohol may have influenced the first night, but playing wife for two days and three nights? Uggh. Yeah she was seduced but apparently quite easily. And yes she took the marriage and Early for granted. A laudable attempt at a reconciliation thought the ending was too abrupt and an epilogue would have helped immensely.

Dlh143Dlh143over 1 year ago

Tough guy Early is just another cuck that is too spineless to kick the cheating whore out like she deserves. Worthless story.

JH4FunJH4Funover 1 year ago
Outstanding Read (5 Stars) ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

While I think the story was way to long and should have been broken into smaller bites to be more easily consumed. It wasn't my story so tough nuggies to me.

The story was great FTDS for the original. It was the best of all of them for me. The writing and RACC may not have been what I enjoy as much as other endings. The way this story was intertwined, it worked very well at giving details and assisting with the emotional flow. The awaking of thoughts being provoked from the wisdom gained by others experiences make this story realistic.

I can see where many are going to be complaining about the military aspect of Early's part toward the end. This story, being written at the height of the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan wars shows the mindset of the period. Unless you have been there done that, let the writer/story teller have their say. It is their story. Yes, there are people all over the world (not just in the US) with skill sets that most people will never believe. Those hidden skills tend to show themselves when least expected and always when needed.

This story's process is what makes life interesting. The ability to write these thoughts where the reader can create their own images are what make this story a ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ read.

I don't know why the story teller only wrote 2 stories. However, I am glad to be able to read them.

Keep Writing

JH4Fun

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is not what I expected given the lengthiness of this story. Early is portrayed as a character unable to deal with Susan in a way any betrayed husband would. On the other hand he is able to crush Stickner with his pinky.... And that crap that you need to forgive a cheating wife because of the unfairness in the corporate world? Come on......!!!!!

RimmerdalRimmerdalalmost 2 years ago

Long winded and very lame.

pummel187pummel187almost 2 years ago

you sound like a gay!

DBcarlos8DBcarlos8almost 2 years ago

Best reconciliation story I've read and my favourite alt ending version of this classic story. You really hit home that kindness is not the same as weakness, 5 stars

Elgatoazul1944Elgatoazul1944almost 2 years ago

Very good story, best I have read here!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I guess you and others might think that all the terror and uproar, pleading and apologizing, talking about it and physical violence taught everyone a lesson and that they have all learned their lesson forevermore... not! Temporary justice and forced apologies only last so long until all is forgotten and lives revert back to their old staid self, someone gets bored and feeling useless. Just like the criminal that goes to prison for their crime for a period of time, gets out, finds life uncompromisingly harsh and boring, then reoffends to feel alive and excited. Fairytale endings are just that fairytales.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Five Stars! And that despite some spelling errors that detract from the flow. It is a shame there is nothing more from this outstanding author on this forum. As to "anonymous" from 21 days ago, I have traveled extensively in the UK, Canada and Australia and long ago realized that butchered English is endemic to the language, not to any particular place it is used. Insulting entire nations seems particularly harsh, even for this forum.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

From the outset the only person whose happy conclusion we should be conserned about is Early's! Everyone else needs to be boiled in their own sewage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why is the word "setting" used when it is patently obvious that the word should be "sitting". Is it just another example of people from the US being unable to use English correctly? Like their predilection for being unable to use the words me and I correctly. They say "me and Sarah " instead of the correct phrase " Sarah and I ". Very strange

Dry_opinionDry_opinionabout 2 years ago

Nice story. Boring writing style. MC gives lengthy explains, while all the other characters are pitching him leading questions.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Should be 5star plus if it was possible.

nice to see the good people won their way back to where they could start gain.

Well worth the long read to build all the pieces properly.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Excellent, well written story. Ignore the bitter BTBs. 5*

Btrying2Btrying2about 2 years ago

I have read several of the sequels/alternative endings to the Troubador’s story How High a Price. This is one of the best. The interactions are real and very emotional evoking. I was on edge most of the tome while reading. It has a few similarities to couple of others but does a great job. For those die hard BTB assh@!@$.so what if he decides to take her back and live with her, it’s his life don’t get all huffy. Everyone has a way of dealing and going forward just because others differ from you does not make them wrong. Probably makes them right 😏.

Anyway thanks for sharing a good story with us. John

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Waste of time. She's trash,like Stickner. No way Early gets away with beating that piece of shit almost to death, even though it feels good. Way too long for the quality of the story; it is the type of daydream 13 year old boys have (well not the cheating wife part but the quiet but heroic man beating his enemy's ass), sadly life isn't that way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story just hope some of these cheating wives realize that some of us men keep secrets hidden

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great ending BUT she got off lightly When will they stop getting an attack of the stupids (jaybee186)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

10 pages and it was, well, kind of a waste... you write well, just too fixated on worthless details. 2*

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Read it again, this is a hopeless story. It ends up being Earlys fault and he’s told he HAS to forgive her. What a load of self serving tripe.

Now scores 2/5 for being Cuck drivel

Hiram325Hiram325over 2 years ago

Good grief... "How High a Price" is one story I thought could never be turned into RAAC garbage. I was wrong. BDad has to be a closeted homosexual.

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

Utterly bogus bullshit. Regardless how you try to tortuously reframe the original conditions from the first tale; the wife is clearly a sociopathic self entitled slut who contemptuously engages in a coldly premeditated campaign of betrayal of both her husband and marriage to use a sex weekend with her boss to further her career The original story conditions preselect a BTB sequel given these conditions. Thus your RAAC is nothing more than specious nonsense shoehorned into replacing these foundational conditions in order to allow your happily ever after bull manure ending.

1 star for being disingenuous to the original story’s conditions.

AngelRiderAngelRiderover 2 years ago

Speeding and A planned weekend playing house is the same because they both involve unconscious decision making. Seriously. On what fucking planet is that even...

Okay look, I can accept a reconciliation in almost any situation of infidelity because I have observed some pretty messed up situations. The important aspect is whether or not there is contrition, a willingness to communicate, willingness to respect and honor and willingness to work on their relationship together.

I am not saying that a reconciliation here is unwarranted. A lot of the above was laid down as a firm foundation. But saying she cheated with unconscious thought is such a preposterous argument because she was cheating BEFORE the sex. The emotional connection she developed with John was as much a betrayal as the weekend. There is no way during the lead up and planned weekend that she didn't realize what she was doing. Didn't happen. Wouldn't happen. Believing she could get away with it, even convincing herself that the cheating was altruistic and not treachery is also very likely. At no point however does a woman plan a weekend playing wife do so unconsciously or subconsciously. That is just complete stupidity.

Only a cheater themselves or someone trying to delude themselves to ignore reality would come up with that. Lol. Speeding.

What a buffoon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good story, but I didn't find it believable. The Susan character wasn't just misguided. Her choices clearly reflected a relative morality favoring her career as the paramount interest. Fidelity was a convenience and not a foundational consideration. Simply put, no one could trust such a character in a relationship based on fidelity. And if the husband required fear to keep that fidelity, then it was coercion and not a trusting marriage. She was greedy and him a twisted fool.

Dlh143Dlh143over 2 years ago

Through the smoke and mirrors, Early is just a cuck taking back a slimy cheating slut for a wife. This is a worthless RAAC story that is not worth rating so it's a 1 star.

Just4funinmass80Just4funinmass80over 2 years ago

Fantastic enjoyed it. Took lots of twists and turns

ibbunkibbunkover 2 years ago

Too long.

When you have a story too long, do not put "long" in the title.

It creates expectations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Really entertaining. OK there were some hard to swallow things but this is a fantasy, a story. It doesn't have to be beyond reproach. My beef is with "Early half drug half walked him to the door". The word is "dragged' Drug is a noun, dragged is a verb. I realize their are strange words that are used in certain areas, but drug is just so wrong, Now that I've ranted I'll score you with 5 stars,'

servant111servant111over 2 years ago

It just doesn’t work. No matter how you try to spin by doing a snidely whiplash on the senior partner; the wife is no pell pure heart. Nope throughout both tales her actions of this whole weekend episode; the extensive preplanning: putting her Secretary on vacation, the lying phone calls the wild sex and her husband role playing intimacy during the weekend and the emotional intimacy is underlying her feelings that she owed it to her boss. Nope you can put lipstick on the pig but it is still a pig..: Nothing in either story materially affects the reality that underneath all the tears and temporary histrionics she is a cold calculating legal shark. Given that truth the story entire logical foundation of this sequel collapses and the husbands forgiveness is nothing more than dangerous nonsense. I particularly find the senior partners statements concerning the wife’s single minded pursuit of the affair to gain the power and prestige of her advancement at ANY price and her guilt ridden over the top reaction to those words to be particularly revealing. She is almost schizophrenic showing cold calculating evil one minute and sobbing sloppy repentence the next. She eminently a cold legal shark who has proven she can and will do anything to get her advancement.

In that light she has and will continue to betray her husband when it suits her selfish ends. His Pollyanna blinders guarantee the marriage is toast. He may be an alpha but his unfounded and his unwarranted continued trust in this eminently faithless slut prove him to still be a clueless wimp who dooms himself to a life chain of cuckold betrayals

secretsalsecretsalover 2 years ago

Was hilarious when Early had to ELI5 the concept of adultery to a seemingly mentally challenged spouse. His rationale occasionally seemed bogus, like when professing his love for her, just missing the trust and respect. Curious as to what love feels like without trust and respect. Infatuation? Dependence? Nostalgia? Although maybe he's just playing mental gymnastics with himself to stay afloat.

A lot of words used, a lot of encounters nicely fleshed out, but for me, Susan still feels off. She's supposed to be this intelligent hotshot lawyer, but she's clueless about stuff that everyone else in the office seems to know about, and she can't sniff out a sexual predator, which seems like a basic survival skill for any high-rising corporate woman. Instead, she spends the story being a dimwit Calamity Jane, constantly agape at the consequences of her dumbassery.

Yeah, the reconciliation was sped up and dubious, but unravelling the enigma of her character would have been more satisfying. Whether they stay together or split up didn't feel as consequential. Anyway, seems like Early had already decided to stick around from the get-go. Just had to do the whole guest bedroom and twin bed routine to try save face.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I read the story very closely. Then read all.of the comments. Lots of them there are. Some going back more than 17 years.

I understand where some people like reconciliation stories no matter what the situation is. And then there are those who look at every guy who stays with a cheater as a cuck, a wimp, or a fag.

I fall somewhere in the middle.

The set up to this is a wife who willfully and knowingly lies to her husband repeatedly over the course of 3 days about where she is at and what she is doing. A woman who supposedly has a good marriage. A loving relationship with her husband. An intelligent and educated woman.

Yet she decides to cheat on her husband in the worst way. Not a one night stand where alcohol impairs her judgement causing her extreme pain for the slip up. No. It was a premeditated decision. Including things like dismissing her assistant at work for 2 days so she wouldn't know. Or guess. Packing an overnight bag. Being cooly able to lie about her whereabouts and doings on the phone with Early. And spending 2 to 3 days alone with another man...acting like his wife.

Worse was her reasoning...trying to "pay him back" for helping her on the account and then for helping her get promoted so she would make more money. That makes her a high dollar whore.

In this version you have Early turning out to be a retired secret operative of some kind...in a past life he was accustomed to violence. And he has a dark side.

And he appears to lay down the law to his lying attorney wife. Dictating to her terms as to what must happen if the marriage is to survive. And through his soul searching he decides he still loves her. That he wants to try and salvage the marriage. That's a legitimate line of reasoning to take. Despite what the BTB crowd thinks.

But then there is the whole conversation with his secretary? Somehow her cheating gets twisted up as his fault? His wife is working 70 hour weeks...yet it's his fault he isn't romancing her more and taking her on exotic vacations? So it his fault that she felt like she had to go fuck a guy she works with? And then line of reasoning about making mistakes...equating getting a speeding ticket when worried about getting to a family function late...with her cheating on him for 3 days with another man and lying about it? C'mon. A man like Early is really going to accept this argument?

They had a good marriage. A loving relationship before this. Yet it's now his fault she cheated, and "anyone can make a mistake like speeding. That's the same as fucking a partner at the law firm in order to get a promotion." Wtf? And this conversation helps to change his mind?

And let's be real. Early had serious doubts about John's story from the get go. He didn't buy into it all. And then it's verified that the guy is a player. Yet he goes home mere DAYS after she had sex with the guy...and Early has sex with her?

I don't think so. Early was a problem solver who had just been.promoted for his skills of figuring out the best ways to negotiate. And he was going to be the head of security...former militsry agent of some kind. And you don't think he will be worried about getting HIV? Or gonorrhea? Or Herpes? Or any other STD? He's just gonna fuck her before she is tested?

And he goes to all the trouble of getting separate beds as a consequence of her actions so that she realizes on a daily basis she is physically separated from her husband. A man of decisive action.

Yet he is back having sex and sleeping with her days after her affair? No counseling. No therapy. No time out from physical contact.

Nope...less than 96 hours after she walks through the door on Saturday as a contented liar and cheater...and they are rutting like animals and then showering together?

I'm sorry thse are serious contradictions in the character of Early. They do not make sense. An frankly are huge flaws in the story.

I am not against reconciliation in this case. The author writes well despite some grammar and spelling and vocabulary issues. But the story could easily have progressed without them engaging in sex that quickly. Also without the bullshit about it being partly Early's fault she cheated.

It easily could have been that they find a counselor or therapist and go through the actual months long process that a real couple would have to endure in order to be able to recover the trust required to engage in loving relations again. With much pain and self exploration they could get back...but not 4 days later with a character like Early as written here.

For me...these flaws were near fatal to.the story. 3 stars.

fritz51fritz51over 2 years ago

OK, my two cents:

The story was well written and stayed very true to the original characters, but I believe it was too long in length. Five pages or less could have got this done.

You could see that this was a reconciliation in the making from 10 miles out, at no time did I ever believe that Early was really considering divorce. EVERY time his hate and anguish was expressed, it was immediately followed up by a lengthy description of how much he loved her.

I didn't agree with the author's shifting a significant amount of the blame for her cheating on Early.

Others have mentioned that on the first night she was drunk, but on awakening she fucked him again rather than being over come with guilt. Followed by openly lying to Early about her whereabouts, and spending ANOTHER night in asshole's bed. She had justified her cheating as a necessary payment to be given to asshole for services rendered.

It was not a case of a woman being seduced with alcohol, she spent DAYS deciding how to personally thank asshole.

We are led to believe that Early (I hate the name - confusing) is deciding whether to keep her, he is not. He spends his thoughts trying to decide how to justify keeping her.

Big difference.

Still, I tip my hat to a very good effort. Thank you.

Beast1961caBeast1961caover 2 years ago

I did not mind it being 10 pages, because this is the best ending of all the others that I have read... and because you are a very skilled writer. HOWEVER, I wish Early had also owned a set of daggers, with which he could have removed Stickner's cock-and-balls from his body... maybe have an iron or some other flat metal surface that he could use to cauterize the injuries, and THEN send the asshole on his way. At least, that is what I would do to any man (or woman) who tried to take my wife from me. But then again, I am not a very nice person. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago
Excellent.

I think this is how the story should have progressed. True to the original characters and wellworth the read.

I will check if any more from this storyteller.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

While I do think the reconciliation was too quick especially for a 10 page story overall I enjoyed it. I think this story overall meshes well with the story set up in the original, stays true to the characters, doesn't make the wife a complete unrepentant slut, and is overall a good read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Poor, just fucking poor. A waste of time reading this crap

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 3 years ago

Way way way too long. Why do writers produce such bullshit like this? How the hell is this 30k words

ErotFanErotFanalmost 3 years ago

This is a long story so before I get too far into it I'm going to give my impression. In Chapter 1, the author has positioned Early as the hard nosed negotiator described in the original story by The Troubador. Early is conflicted with the deep love he has felt for his wife all their married life and the pain of lack of value she paid to faithfulness in their marriage. The author positions Early as wanting to continue the marriage and determines what would be needed for that to occur.

Thus, I believe BDad has been true to the original and set the stage for his version of the ending.

kamdev99008kamdev99008almost 3 years ago

Worthless dragged cuckold tale of a wimpy husband and slut wife

GrassIsGreenerGrassIsGreeneralmost 3 years ago

This was my third time reading this story. It's still one of my favorites. I read many of the comments of the die hard BTBers, and I smile. They are so predictable. I usually like a RAAC when there are children involved, this story is an exception where it was justified. Maybe the reconciliation was too quick, but in the end, who cares. The story was long enough. Susan messed up big time. Even if Early hadn't caught her, she was in trouble. John, was a pro. A real snake. I think Early once referred to Susan also as a victim and she was. Yes, she was guilty. Yes, she knew what she was doing. But she was conned by a real con man. That made the story more believable. If Stickner, was a likeable character, if he really had lost his wife, if he hadn't started spreading rumors, it would have been a more difficult sell. Then Susan would be guiltier (if there is such a concept). But Stickner was a snake, and I was rooting for Anderson to hear his confession at the end. Too late for Susan.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Too long

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Thanks for the comments. I'll pass on this one. I hate cuck stories!

bobareenobobareenoalmost 3 years ago

Ahhh, the cuck-a-doodle-doers are cuck-a-doodle-doing in the comments, as always. How mentally stunted are these mental cuck fetishists? "Duh, it ain't a good story if the guy who got cucked doesn't shit on the cheating bitch. I woulda kicked his ass and her ass both, since my brain has muscles. So you, writer guy, you're a fag cuck!!"

Please, save us from your puerile nattering. Every fucking story where a relationship survives, the same tiresome crap. Morons. If the story reads well, even if the ending isn't to your liking, it is a good story. Haven't you assholes read books before? Christ, some of the best books I have read consist of tales that are bleak and joyless, with moral imperatives trashed through grotesque circumstances. But the beauty of the novelist's work is in the evocation of the difficulty the situation presents, and the choices made in light of those horrors. To the extent an author makes a character's choices understandable and interesting, even if repugnant, that is good writing.

In the tale at hand, my major quibble was with the need to bump Early up to an unstated but clear "Special Forces" background. His physical ravaging of Strickner, while cathartic, was cheap, it lessened the value of the earlier bit where Early was contemplating how he would take Strickner down with information. Pummeling Strickner was too Neanderthal for someone who was as much a thinker as Early was written to appear to be, and it rendered the earlier exposition regarding Early's mental agility and talents meaningless. Bit of a shark jump there, but I suspect the author sacrificed his craft to salve the fervent (and apparently desperate) needs of the cuck-a-doodle-doers, who the author clearly underestimated in light of the comments posted here.

I have read the other Early story continuation efforts, and despite my quibbles, I believe this was a good effort. Early, though given that unfortunate turbo-testosterone boost, was captured fairly well, though he was not presented as being nearly as vulnerable to the loss he suffered as a result of his wife's obliviously cultish adultery in this version of his persona. Bdad, I will conclude, you write very well, but please don't set up a tale of mental agility simply to resolve it with punches, albeit powerful ones to the abdomen, the final take down should've made Early proud through deftness, not blood.

Dlh143Dlh143about 3 years ago

Early is just q camouflaged cuck with a cheating whore for a wife. The rest of it is bullshit!

MarkT63MarkT63about 3 years ago

Your writing is very good; but the RAAC/CUCK content almost made me sick!!! Early is a 100% pure CUCK!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous