How To Boil An Egg

Story Info
The classic tale of coming home unexpectedly early from work.
2.6k words
2.95
98.1k
36
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MKDons
MKDons
50 Followers

My first job after graduating from university was working in the marketing and promotions department for a very well known publisher in London. I was thrilled because getting a job like that with a publisher like that was quite a coup for a young and inexperienced lad like me. What made it even better was that when I rang my girlfriend and told her the good news and asked her if she would like to she move in with me she didn't hesitate for a second.

Her name was Veronica and she was a stunning blonde. The best way to describe Veronica is to say that she had the face of an angel and the body of a Greek Goddess. Her blonde hair ran down in golden locks to her shoulders her eyes were a crystal blue and her lips were ruby red. Her skin was pale and flawless. And when I kissed her she tasted of vanilla. We had started going out when we were at university together. Every bloke on campus had noticed her immediately. But it never occurred to me that she had noticed me too. Unlike all the other blokes I hadn't bothered chasing her not because I didn't fancy her but because I just assumed I would have no chance. That kind of girl only goes out with big shots with the rich and famous with men who have movie star looks. I on the hand was just an ordinary lad from a council estate in Sheffield and while I'm not the hunchbakc of Notre Dame by any means I'm no oil painting either nor am I rich or a singer in a rock band.

But the fact was that out of all the men she could have chosen she had chosen me. My mates couldn't believe it. They were convinced that she was way out of my league and that she would be too hot for me to handle sooner or later, they reasoned she would come to her senses and dump me.

And if I'm being honest I didn't blame them for thinking that. Every day I would pinch myself just to make sure I wasn't dreaming and when she was by my side you couldn't knock the grin off my face with a sledgehammer. Secretly I feared that she would become bored with me but instead our relationship went from strength to strength and had even started to plan for a future together after graduation. I had several interviews lined up that summer and we had agreed that if I succeeded in landing a job in London Veronica would come to join me.

And everything was going to plan. We moved into a small terraced house in Fulham. It was cheap and close to the West End and my office. We didn't know anybody in London of course and we all knew that people were not as friendly as people up North and that neighbours never talked to each other. But that wasn't quite how it was with us. Because it seemed we had hardly opened the front door and crossed the threshold when we met John. He lifted his hat and introduced himself and said that he lived next door and that he was delighted to make our acquaintance. He looked to be in his late fifties, and as it later it turned out that was pretty accurate. He had a full head of hair that was heavily strecked with grey. He was broad shouldered and barrel chested. He must have been a big strong man when in his prime and he still looked pretty fit even then. His face was clean shaven without the red blotches and wringles that usually wrecked an old mans face. His voice didn't tremble or shake. He looked as if he could still run for the bus if he had to and shout as loud as the next man for a beer.

Anyway hile we were standing there on the pavement and talking I noticed that he couldn't take his eyes off Veronica. Not that I could blame the old boy Veronica had that effect on all the men who saw her.

"My dear," he said, "You are a sight for sore eyes. Yes indeed!"

Veronica I could see was flattered by the compliment. Beautiful women never get tired of being told they are beautiful and Veronica was no different.

"The most beautiful sight in the world is a beautiful woman," said John solemnly. And turning to me he added, "And you; young man are a lucky dog and in my opinion you don't deserve her!"

Veronica was very amused me less so. I had become tired of every tom Dick and Harry telling me that I was batting above my average.

"He seems nice," remarked Veronica after he had left. But I was not so sure.

About an hour later there was a knock on our door and there was John with a bottle of whiskey. Of course I invited him in.

He sat down on the settee and wasted no time in starting to tell us his life story. He was 58 years old and a widower. His wife had died a couple of years ago. So now he lived on his own. In his day he had been in the army, a docker, a lorry driver and an amateur boxer. He was still fit and strong and could turn his hand to anything but, he admitted, he had no idea how to boil an egg and he seemed rather proud of that fact.

"So who does your cooking?" asked Veronica sounding concerned

"Oh I get 'meals on wheels' but I don't like it much so family, friends, and neighbours help me out," he explained.

"But boiling an egg isn't hard," I told him "Even I can manage that."

"There's no point in having a dog if you have to bark yourself," he explained.

He stayed about an hour and he couldn't stop staring at Veronica the whole time. His eyes were on stalks and his tongue was literally hanging out of his mouth.

"You're a lucky young man," he sighed wistfully as he watched Veronica moving about in our little kitchen, "If only I was twenty years younger..."

I just smiled "...Yes?"

"I'd whip her away from you and no mistake."

I let it go. Every man, young and old believes that all they have to do is snap their fingers and any woman they want will fall at his feet.

After that we saw a lot of John, more than I wanted to and he would make himself comfortable in our living room and he was always telling us about his life; in the army and how he had very nearly been selected for the GB boxing team in 1956 and about his plans for the future which were to move to Malta because this country was going to the dogs. He'd been in hospital for a few weeks the year before, something to do with his heart he said but he was fine now and he was determined to enjoy the time he had left, "Nothing but wine, women and song from now on!" he'd cry with relish.

"Good for you," said Veronica.

"Yes," went on John "I've sorted out the wine and I can sing a bit all that's left now is sorting out the women."

"Any one in mind?" asked Veronica.

"You'll do for a start!" cried John with a cheeky grin. Veronica laughed which annoyed me a bit. "Ah, if only I was twenty years younger?" cried John, "I'd sweep you off your feet and no mistake!"

"Better be careful that you don't end up back in hospital again," I warned him.

"A man needs a woman and a woman needs a man," declared John pompously as if he was revealing to the World some great and universal Truth, "And that's the way of the world."

"Have you any plans to marry again?" asked Veronica.

John shook his head, "There is no one who can replace my Doris," he said with a sad shake of his head "And besides women these days...well its all liberation this and freedom that..."

"What's wrong with that?" asked Veronica.

"It's the man who should wear the trousers. A woman's job is to look after her man. That's how it has always been and how it should always be."

He had been married to Doris for thirty years and she had been the perfect wife "A real gem" who never complained who had the patience of a saint. He'd loved her and missed her.

He really laid it on thick.

"Aye," he said "There aren't any respectable woman about these days."

"You must really miss her," said Veronica full of sympathy.

"Oh aye. True enough. True enough. After thirty years married and then boom! You're all on your todd. But...what can you do? What can you do?"

"Oh cheer up John. I'm sure you'll find a nice woman sooner or later."

John shoke his head sadly, "Who wants an old codger like me set in me ways?"

Veronica cooed sympathetically. But he wasn't fooling me for a minute. He was pulling on her heart strings and playing her like a fiddle. And annoyingly it seemed to be working.

He was always finding an excuse to knock on our door and make himself comfortable in my house. And it really annoyed me when I came home from work and found him with his feet under the table sipping a beer while Veronica was making him something to eat. And he would quite openly oggle her and didn't care who knew it. He would stare at her legs or down her top and shake his head and mutter, "Lordy, Lordy! If only I were 20 years younger!" He poured bucket loads of praise and flattery all over Veronica. His chat up lines were so corny..."You're so beautiful"..."You're so sexy"...etc etc and I just couldn't believe that any woman would fall for them. But Veronica just lapped it all up. Couldn't she see what his game was? Of-course she could, she said, but what was the harm? He was just a lonely old man who wanted a bit of company. But he was such a male chauvanist pig. He was from the stone age. But Veronica just shrugged that off. He was from a different. It annoyed me how made allowances for him. I could see that she felt sorry for him and wanted to "Mother" him but his constant presence in my house and the way he monopolised her irritated me and made me angry and I knew I should have put my foot down and told him Veronica was my woman this was my house and my beer and to sling his hook. But if I'm honest I was afraid of making a fool of myself and overreacting. So I kept my own council. And I wish now I hadn't.

I remember that it was a warm July day and I had decided to go home early as I wasn't feeling very well. The front door was unlocked and so just I walked in. I was puzzled by the sound of stifled moans and grunts coming from the kitchen. Thinking it was a burglar I walked down the hall into the living room with some trepidation. The noises were coming from the kitchen. I looked through the open door. I could see everything. John was standing at the end of the kitchen table with his trousers around his ankles and he was ramming his cock violently into Veronica who was face down over the kitchen table her skirt around her waist her hands gripping the edge of the table.

"Oh John! Oh My God!" she blubbered her eyes tightly clenched shut as she rocked her head violently from side to side.

"You dumb bitch!" grunted John harshly, "When I tell you I want a soft boiled egg. I mean I want a soft boiled egg!"

"I'm sorry!" whimpered Veronica tearfully.

"I've told you before, haven't I?" growled John as he slapped Veronica's bottom

"Please forgive me!" wailed Veronica.

"Women are so stupid! I warned you! But you never listen!"

"But I really tried! I really tried," howled Veronica.

"You filthy whore! You cunt! You asked for this. You deserve this!"

He was fucking her like an animal. It was a raw and merciless fuck and Veronica was just taking it.

"You're just a cunt. I told you to behave and do as you were told. But you didn't believe me, did you?...Did you!"

"I'm sorry!" sobbed Veronica again as John slammed his cock into her with even more violence.

"I know all about bitches like you. You stuck up cow. How dare you answer me back. Who the hell do you think you are? It's about time you were taken you down a peg or two and put you in your place. You stupid bitch! You stupid cunt!" he cried with a savage grimace on his face as he smashed his cock into her every time he spat a word out.

"I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" sobbed Veronica as John fucked her with brute force using his gnarled old cock like a club to beat her into submission.

"You better be because I wont tell you again!" John warned her. And then he chuckled his face twisted into an evil grin. The evil grin of a man who enjoyed torturing and killing small animals.

He was obviously having the time of his life. Here he was a dirty old man fucking the brains out of this gorgeous and sublime young blond and making a right mess of her succulent body. And she was loving it. That was the worst thing. She was cheating on me with an old git who had nothing but contempt for her as a woman who was using her and abusing her and she was enjoying it.

I felt sick and utterly humiliated. I didn't recogise this woman. She had never behaved like this with me when we were in bed making love. But here she was no behaving like pure filth all for the benefit of a man who thought her nothing more than a whore. He didn't love her or respect her but that hadn't stopped Veronica from spreading her legs for him.

It won't surprise you to learn that we split up soon afterwards. But there has never been a day when I haven't thought about her or missed her or stopped loving her. Sometimes I regret splitting up with her but there are just as many times that I know I did the right thing because regardless of what books and films might tell you being in love is not the be all and end all of everything, you have to be able to look at yourself in the mirror and to be able to do that you sometimes have to make sacrifices.

But even after all these years I still can't understand is why she cheated on me at all. After all she had made the first move when we had been at university. She had told me that I had been the nicest boyfriend she had ever had. It was she who had said that she loved me and had taken me by the hand that night and had led me up to her room. She had left her job to come down south to live with me in London. She had wanted to be with me she had wanted to make a future with me, so why had she thrown it all away by letting some old geezer fuck her like an animal. It just didn't make any sense. I guess that's what they mean when they say women are funny creatures and no man will ever figure them out. I certainly haven't.

MKDons
MKDons
50 Followers