Hunters Journey of Self Discovery

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

With my bladder bursting, I glanced at the sweet snoring woman, my new found blanket, I felt closer to her than any person I met through my life. She didn't care about the money, maybe she would, but at the moment, she didn't know, and I liked that. If we were to become friends, it would be because she liked me, not my money."

I tried for over an hour to hold it in, but with my bladder squeaking, I eased myself out from my blanket. Much to her disgust. "No, stay." She whimpered.

I decided, daylight, wasn't far away. I took the opportunity to shower, with the block empty, I didn't have to worry about prying eyes. After the refreshing shower, I felt at least a little human. Breakfast, hhhhmm that was almost an impossibility. No cereal, although there was leftover bread, and some margarine. Toast and coffee, it was. I made extra for Annie.

Rousing her was difficult, she moaned loudly. "No, just a few more minutes."

The smell of the coffee, and toast got her moving. She stretched out with a long sinuous yawn. "Fun night huh?" She said in a soft purring breath.

"Yes, I enjoyed it, although, I am suffering this morning." I sipped my coffee, as Annie walked out into the courtyard area, munching on her toast.

"God, the toast is good, just what I needed." She finished quickly and rushed off to shower. I cleaned up and got ready for the day. A tractor pulled up with a long flat trailer behind. We all jumped on and off down into the orchard we went. Annie whispered in my ear. "Work with me, I'll show you how it's done."

With big canvas bags strapped across our fronts, we attacked the apples. Carrying the big ladders was the hard part. Heavy and awkward, it was Annie who showed me how. Then it was up and down, choosing the ripest fruit.

All day in the baking sun, it was hard work, physical, as well as mentally draining. Having never done it before meant I had to concentrate like crazy. The others all chit chatted as they scooted up and down the ladders. They laughed and gossiped, little relationships already forming amongst the group.

Most knew each other, but as with every season, there were new workers, much like myself. Most though, had at least a modicum of experience.

I noticed Annie, she snuck around with her phone taking pictures. Me up the ladder, she must have taken a hundred if she took one. It wasn't just me though, she hunted out the others as well. She caught people off guard, natural. Nothing posed or planned.

The end of the first day, and we were all feeling tired. The orchard owner as promised brought our first days pay. When he handed it over, I choked. One hundred and fifty dollars... That was it, for nearly ten hours picking apples. That was the hardest days work I had ever done, and all we got was a hundred and fifty bucks. I was devastated, the others though were jubilant.

A quick shower and we all crammed into the van and headed back into town. Clark our driver, took us for a cruise along Centennial Marine Drive. It certainly as beautiful, the sun still high in the sky, The big palms dressing the road as it followed the shoreline. Annie and I went for a walk, and she browsed thrift shops, second hand shops, and even a used clothing store.

She was a person like no other I had ever known. Where I liked boutiques, fashion stores, sometimes lowering myself to go to factory outlets stores, she walked straight past them.

We met the rest of the gang at the supermarket, and we pooled our money to buy a huge pile of groceries, the next stop the bottle store for more supplies. I went straight for the Storm Bay wine we had yesterday, for eight bucks, it as great value.

Back at the orchard everybody pitched in and a huge feast was prepared, as we all sat around. I listened in on tales of past days. Places visited, jobs done. I was at a loss. I had one job in my entire life, and I was older than these people. The had literally hundreds. The stories they told, full of exciting adventures, I had nothing to offer, so I listened.

It made me realise how closeted I was, how inexperienced in the ways of the world. These gypsy's new more of life than I would ever know. Envy oozed from every pore.

The evening meal gone, pot circulated, drinks flowed. Trent sat in the corner with his guitar and the group sang along. Annie beside me urging me to join in. The third pass of the joint and my third glass of wine, and I was singing with them, or at least humming along.

The talk soon moved to what was happening, and it was obvious. Every member of the group were going to Rhythm and Vines, a weekend music festival in about a month. When Annie asked if I as going, I flashed over all the adventure stories I had listened to that evening, and decided. "Yes, I am going."

She wrapped her arm around my shoulder and said. "Choice, I'll check out a friend, see if we can get some E."

I think she recognised my sharp intake of breath. I was not a complete idiot, I knew E meant ecstasy. She saw my look of concern and laughed, not evilly, not condescendingly, just a gentle laugh. "Don't worry babes, I'll look after you, it'll be sweet as."

That night, the party ended earlier than before, guess we were all feeling the strain of the first day on the job, and early start tomorrow.

Getting ready for bed, there was no hiding from Annie, she had no shame, just stripped off, and jumped into bed naked.

I almost died of embarrassment as I stripped of, trying to ease into my pyjamas, without exposing myself. She just laughed. "Babe, we slept together last night, I have seen you naked. You got nothing to be shamed of. You got a hot little bod."

Her words made me even more self conscious. In bed, with the lights out I asked. "What will you do when the seasons over?"

"Oh, I'll head down to Masterton, there's a vineyard down there that I have worked for in the past."

"Wow, how long does that go for?"

"Couple of months." Even in the dark, I pictured her frustrated glare. "Sweets, there is work all over the Country. If ya don't mind travelling, there's always work. If you want, you can come with."

"Really, you wouldn't mind me tagging along?"

Mind, don't be a dumb bitch, It'd be choice having a side kick."

Showering in the morning was the scariest thing. We all congregated at the same time, there were naked woman everywhere I looked. They weren't all like Annie, gorgeous and with fabulous figures. I blushed with embarrassment. I couldn't find anywhere to look where there wasn't nakedness, in all it's forms.

When Peter, streaked in from the men's shower, screaming as he ran through the girls all laughed trying to flick him with their towels. Obviously on a dare, judging by the hilarious laughter coming from next door.

The days rolled into one. Work, eat, party, work. It was the weekends when we finally got to do something else. We all hijacked the mini van, and headed into ton to the pub.

Before going Annie raided my wardrobe again. This time confiscating my, Wu-Tang Clan, Sesame Street cropped black T-Shirt. It was my attempt at looking hip. The shop assistant said it was rad. Annie certainly thought so. She coupled it with a short wrap around tartan mini skirt and her cherry bomb docs. God, it wasn't fair, she looked stunning. I tried to copy her look from the other day. I didn't have the black shimmery yoga pants, but I did have a pair of, Azura Exchange, sheer black mesh Leggings. They looked pretty with my white blouse Annie wore the other day.

Annie was impressed, "Fuck girl, you're smoking. You gonna be fighting the boys off tonight."

Coming from her, that was a fine compliment, and it made me walk a little taller, although my sandals, didn't look as wild as her docs.

All the way into the pub, joints circulated filling the van with enough smoke, that you didn't have to partake to get high. I was trashed before we even got there.

Gisborne, is hardly a cultural hot spot, but it does have some cool music venues. Tonight our target was Smash Palace. The place was packed, and the music pumping when we walked in. The bar was themed after an old Kiwi classic movie. A bit of a Kiwi Icon really. The music was so loud, it deafened me, but Annie grabbed my hand and she pushed her way through the raging masses until we were in front of the stage. There was no escape, we danced, we jumped, bounding around like crazed witches around a cauldron.

All the girls were soon beside us, and we raged the night away. The girls taught me the fine art of cock teasing drinks out of guys. I mean I was teasing, some of the girls were just trying to get laid.

I noticed Annie again, out with her phone. She snapped away happily taking shot after shot. She seemed to have something in mind with every press of the shutter. Down low, on odd angles. It was like watching an artist, judging the light, the expression. She loved it, and when I asked to see she shooed me away.

When it came to the drinks, Annie was the best. she never paid for one all night. She danced her arse off, making sure the guys never felt cheated. She gave them plenty of fun, although never sexually. She was a sneaky bitch, so outgoing, so gregarious.

I was like a fledgling, although I managed to get drunk without trying.

I guess I gave some guys the wrong impression because a couple came on pretty strong and tried too push me into going home with them, or at least out into the car park. It scared me, never having been in these sorts of situations, I felt threatened, and pushed back. I slapped one guy, pushed another.

Thankfully, Annie was there to rescue me, along with some of the guys from the orchard. Crisis averted.

Back at the orchard we finished off the night in great style. Dancing and singing. Somebody decided food was in order and we made cheese on toast at three in the morning. I couldn't believe something so simple, could taste so good.

I raved about it, like an out of control food critic much to everybody's delight. They laughed at my over the top description of the delicious feast. What the hell had I been missing all my life...

With Christmas approaching, we worked hard, and every night there was a mini party. The hard work built up a new belief in me, I like a lot of people looked down my nose at people who lived this itinerant life. Labouring seemingly lost, with no ambition.

What I learned is, that's not always the case. People are just people, with different goal, different ideas. Call it an opening of my mind, a coming of age. I'm not convinced, but what I found out is these were all wonderful people with talents, dreams, aspirations, some just lacked a plan, maybe that's unfair, but as we worked side by side. I came to love them all, they taught me lessons, I should have learned on my own.

They showed me compassion, empathy. When somebody struggled, we all got behind them and we helped. Nobody was left behind. I loved that.

Working and living like that grows relationships, like it or not. I was no different, and sex was available. There was a guy, Michael, he was a late arriver, but he was cute, tall gangly, a little awkward, but with a smile that wide it was impossible to miss. The very first night I was struck by my attraction. That wasn't me, I was cautious, selective, I didn't let my heart rule, well never in the past.

Annie saw it immediately, and teased me, "Oh, Mike's getting lucky tonight ain't he bitch."

Shocked at her blatant roasting, I threw back. "Shut up, I don't even like him."

"Liar," She sniggered. "I can smell you, you're on heat."

My blush made her laugh and she spent the night teasing me. I might have fallen on that first night, but not after her teasing. I made him work for it, if I was giving it up, he had to do something more than look cute and sexy.

Sometime during the night, I ended up in his arms and we kissed passionately, his hands wandered my body like a crazed octopus, he had hands everywhere.

It heated up quickly and he quickly dragged me back to his room. As I walked past Annie, she shoved something in my hand. When I looked at it, there was a little packet of condoms. "Use them." She snapped quietly.

In his cabin, it all became real, and it scared me. "What about Errol, your room mate?"

Michael laughed. "He's spending the night with Annie."

That shocked me, she had shown no interest in Errol, or any of the guys for that matter. He started stripping off my clothes, my reservations evaporating as I thought of Annie and Errol.

The lovemaking, no, not lovemaking, it was wild, frantic. It was passionate, but there was no love, it was fucking. The thought of it stunned me. I wasn't making love, I was scratching an itch. I was horny, and he filled a need. We had no future, this was just sex. I gave in to the feelings and tried enjoy it for what it was.

The next morning was awkward, I got up early, the sun streaming in through the window dragged me awake, the problem, is I had no clothes, no towel or anything. I snuck back to our room, hoping that I wouldn't disturb Annie in the middle of something.

The first thing that struck me was Annie sleeping in my bed, and Errol in hers. I tried to get my toiletries and clothes. As I snuck around, I heard her giggle, it was soft, hushed. "Slut."

I turned quickly to see her smiling at me, the sheet covering everything but her eyes.

I collected my things and rushed off to the ablutions block. The good news, I was alone. I quickly jumped into the steaming jets, the water flowing, washing away the self doubts. This was all new to me. With shampoo filling my eyes I washed my hair, but was shocked to hear Annie.

In the stall next to me she cried out. "Okay bitch, spill, was he good?"

Taken by surprise I tried to bluff her. "He was all right. Nothing special."

"Oh don't say that, I gave up my bed for nothing special."

"I thought you and Errol were together?"

"Oh hell no." She shrieked laughingly.

"Then why was he in your bed?"

"To give you privacy dummy. I knew you would freak if Errol was in the same room."

"Thank you."

"Hey, that's what friends do. No good huh?"

Leaning over into her stall I tried to verbalise how I felt. "He was all right, he wasn't awful, but it was just sex. There was no connection."

"Nothing wrong with that Hunter. Sex is good."

"Sorry, hut, I thought he and I shared a connection, but it was just sex. Which was good, but I guess I expected more."

Annie giggled. "Was that your first one night stand?"

"Yes, I have never done anything like that before."

We showered and started breakfast and she teased and nudged me, which took away all my nervous ridiculous self loathing.

Slowly as we got breakfast the others streamed in. Michael came over and gave me an awkward kiss. "Missed you this morning."

"I needed a shower, sorry."

Annie and I worked together as usual and we talked about the previous night. "So how come you and Errol didn't hook up?" I asked.

"Ooh yuck, hell no." She gave me a slow burning glare. "You're a bit naive Hunter. Errol is the wrong gender for me."

"What." I spluttered. "You're a lesbian?"

"I try to stay away from labels, I'm a human who loves humans. At the moment, I prefer sleeping with woman, but that doesn't mean I limit myself to chicks. If I met a great guy, who interested me, I might do that."

"Oh my god, but I have never seen you show any interest in the other girls?"

"That's because they don't interest me."

"Why didn't you say something?"

"Well, I saw how sweet and innocent, you were. I didn't want to freak you out. I like you, I love sharing with you, and I didn't want things to get awkward between us."

"Wow, I'm stunned. I must be so stupid."

"Oh come on, stupid isn't the right word. I would'a said clueless."

I laughed. "I suppose that's better, but I feel so, so gullible."

With Christmas just days away, I needed to do some shopping. Send my folks some gifts, and a card. Annie got Wayne to drive us into town and we walked around town as I tried to figure out what to get them. Annie dragged me into a second hand bookshop. "You said they liked to read, get them a book."

It was a great idea. I found a collection of Enid Blyton books, which Mum would love. She would die getting a second hand gift, but she would love them. For Dad I found an old copy of Great expectations. Dickens was always a favourite with Dad.

As Annie went off on her on, I found a little boutique. She loved pinching my White lacy blouse. I wanted to get her something for being such a wonderful friend. I knew she didn't have a lot of money. She told me her life story. Coming from a very poor family in Hamilton. There was never a lot of money, she had no chance of going to Uni, she had to leave school at fifteen to work. She was expected to help out the family, which she did. Now she was on her own journey of self discovery.

I found the perfect cream blouse, floaty and lacy, it was low cut, Annie's, beautiful caramel skin would be the perfect contrast. She would need something to wear with it. I fumbled through racks until I found a pair of Levi 501's. On previous trips to town I watched her staring through the window covetously at them. She loved the old school fashions, and I knew she wanted them, just couldn't afford them.

I found a nice bottle of Chanel 'Coco Mademoiselle' Perfume, it was expensive, but I decided, where would I be without her." A quick grab of some wrapping paper and we were on our way, with a quick stop off at the bottle shop.

Christmas eve we all crammed into the van and we headed into Smash Palace for a party to end all parties.

What a night, the music thumped loud, Annie and I danced at the front of the stage. Like always she was a wild woman. She danced with total disregard, not caring what she looked like, she bounced and jumped. She spun and threw her arms in the air, and she dragged me along with her.

We got lost in oblivion, bumping and grinding with all of those around us.

She was like a spiritual shaman. She just dragged everybody with her, it was impossible to not be affected by her joy for life.

She scammed drinks out of these cheesy guys who thought they were cool. They thought they were in with us, and Annie made the most of it. For once I didn't feel guilty, what tools they were. They reminded me of the guys I hung with in my former life.

It must have been nearly four AM before we got back to the orchard. The guys fired up the barbecue and the courtyard filled with the wonderful aromas of food cooking, there were more drinks and I felt myself losing control. I sang loudly with the songs, Annie danced with me like we were lovers. I had never experienced feelings like it, so connected, so accepted. Nobody cared that I wasn't anything special, I was just one of the crowd and it as so releasing. I felt like, it didn't matter. Who cares if tomorrow came, this was amazing. We smoked some reefer, we ate tasty food, drank more eight dollar a bottle wine.

Oh hell, what a night.

The sun rose slowly, the light filtering between buildings, and it found Annie and me sitting one of the big old comfy sofas. Her head on my shoulder, her drool running down my neck made me feel close. I slipped my arm around her and held her close. There were bodies all around us, most asleep. Some talking softly. I watched Michael go off with Julia, god he was a fucking sex machine. He wasn't sleazy or disgusting. He didn't trick or deceive, he was honest. All the girls had the hots for him, and I figured he would have slept with all of us by the end of the season. It made me laugh that I was now part of his story. I wondered, would he tell stories about the night he banged the unattainable Hunter?

Would he tell the story fondly? Was it as good for him as it was for me?

Annie moved closer, her body pressed snugly beneath my arm. Sobriety slipped over the fence with the rising sun, unfortunately, it also brought sleep. My eyes refused to stay open and I slithered weakly into the darkness.

123456...9