Hunting the Hunter Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You know," she continued, "it's one thing to look like a Nord barbarian, but you don't really need to play the part up like this." Still nothing. Well, another grope, but that was it.

"Fetcher." She muttered. Though not without a slight flush to her cheeks...especially since his fingers had dipped lower to graze the still sensitive flesh of her pussy.

She squirmed. He laughed. She decided she was going to kill him. Then fuck him. Or, fuck him to death. Yes, that was it. Two birds; One stone. No reason not to be practical about it after all. Economy would be her new watchword. Verily.

"What are you thinking?"

Oh now he wants to talk, does he? "You really don't want to know, pussy cat."

He chuckled, jostling her. "No, I probably don't." He patted her ass again, though more in good humor and less in macho dickishness. Not that she really minded it in either case, but one must be careful about what precedents one sets with handsome, charming men who are used to getting their way. Dangerous men. Especially when they feel like warm green things and make you want to just curl up, roll over, and purr.

Like she said: Dangerous.

She managed to adjust her load enough to free up one hand, though with some difficulty. She ran it up the side of his hip and across his lower back, letting her nails dig in.

The sound it extracted from him was somewhere between a hum of pleasure and a growling laugh. "Careful." he warned, "Mine are bigger than yours."

"Pft. It's all about how you use it, Stud."

"And how do I use it?" She could hear the smile in his voice and carefully contemplated her answer. Finally she landed on the prefect response.

She pursed her lips and pressed her tongue to the top of her mouth as if to roll an r, then let out a throaty, vibrating purr.

She felt the hitch in his step, and laughed when he stumbled. He was forced to stop and put her down as she cackled wildly. Score another one for the evil dark elf.

She found her feet and straightened, then cracked up again when she saw his face.

"Wh...ah, when did you learn to do THAT?"

She grinned. "When I was twelve." The dumfounded expression increased exponentially.

"Wha..." He shook his head, unable to find an explanation.

She chuckled and took advantage of his confusion to begin pulling her pants and shirt on, explaining as she went. "Serjo Do'Sekket raised me, remember? Khajiit? He would purr sometimes when he was incredibly pleased or content. It wasn't often...but I loved to hear it and begged him to teach me." She paused to pull her shirt over her head. "He tried to explain that it was biological, that you can't learn it. Like hell, said I. So I tried a bunch of different things until finally I found something I thought sounded the most cat like. Enough to make cats, Khajiit or otherwise, double take if I did it loud enough. You should have seen his face when I finally did it in front of him. Priceless." She chuckled and pointed at him. "Actually it was pretty much the same expression you just made."

His face broke into a grin and he shook his head. "I'm surprised I hadn't heard it before. Waiting for the right moment?"

"Actually I hadn't even thought about it, oddly enough. It had been a long time." She frowned. "I suppose...since he passed. Odd."

He glanced at her, but said nothing.

Once she was more or less dressed they made their way back to the glade where her coat and bag still were.

"I wonder how you came up with it," he mused as they walked.

She shrugged. "Wasn't hard. I just adapted it from a trick my father taught me. I had trouble pronouncing certain letters as a small child. Apparently all my R's sounded like W's, which is just as ridiculous sounding in Dunmeri as it is in Common. So my Father figured out a way to teach me by helping me roll my tongue in a certain way...and one led to the other."

They found the rest of her things, and she wasn't sure if it was the sight of the tree she'd been in, or the sex high wearing off, but she suddenly felt like death warmed over...again. She yawned...then yawned louder. "Dammit, what's wrong with me?"

"You're tired. You push yourself too hard. We can rest here a while longer before we go."

"Yeah...but I really don't want to climb that tree again. It really isn't as comfortable as it looks."

"No need. I can just shift and keep an eye out. Like we were the night of the storm, after Wariel."

She smiled fondly. That was a really comfortable way to sleep. "Ok, if you don't mind." He didn't answer and slipped back into his other form.

His hide was much tougher than human skin, so it was an easy thing to find himself a grassier spot and get comfortable. She followed and made herself equally comfortable once he was, relaxing back against his flank. The thin silk of her shirt was significantly more comfortable for him than the studded leather coat had been so she wasn't worried abut hurting him.

For his part he was quite a comfortable pillow. She wriggled against him, laying her head against his side. She was watching him. He watched back, waiting for her to say what was on her mind.

"I...I ah...was going to tell you about Mori before...well, before." she smiled tiredly. "You interested in hearing it?"

He nodded and she nodded back.

"Ok, so, where was I? Where to begin? Well, I guess it's like this, where I'm from we don't have un-moored kids. If your parents get killed before you come of age then someone in your clan adopts you. Not like, live with your aunt until your 18 kind of thing, but really makes you their own. You have full standing as their child in the eyes of the clan and the ancestors. So I did that with Mori. I claimed her as my daughter since she was unclaimed by any others. So no matter what happens she will be my daughter...my first daughter in this case. It doesn't negate the original parents...it just adds some."

She paused and looked over at him. "You should probably be aware that it's unusual for us to do this when we have no children of our own. Usually it's established families which claim orphans. I don't think it'll cause any problems...and the ancestors won't ever hold it against her. Me, yes, but not her...which works for me."

"But this whole deal means she gets the added bonus of an ancestor guardian...which will come in handy if the cubs get separated from the pack and need protection. They're not perfect, but it should protect her from lesser and even moderate level threats."

Feric nodded. He understood the idea behind it...but the why was still up in the air. She had fallen silent and he turned his eyes back to her, tipping his head in question. "Are you wondering why I did this Serjo?" she asked softly, as if somehow reading his thoughts.

He nodded. She smiled softly. "Well, the ancestor guardian was a nice perk, and there's tradition to uphold...I did claim you after all, and that means you're clan, and like I said, we don't do orphans. There's no such thing. But yeah, there's a bit more to it than that. Mori wondered to. Truth is, I like the kid, and I see a lot of potential in her...but I also see a lot of me in her. She's a little like me at that age, and I knew I could help her in ways others couldn't. That I could understand some things about her that others might not even see, never mind know how to deal with them when the time comes to do so. I figured I could be that person. And she needs someone, someone to keep a close eye on her and give her firmer guidance. There's just too few of you."

It didn't sound preposterous...it was reasonable, even.

She cocked a brow at him, then narrowed her eyes and looked at him askance. "What?"

He shook his head. The truth was she was right, there were too few of them. Mori had always seemed to get on well enough, but none of them were getting the attention they really needed. There was something about it that troubled him. He just wasn't sure what.

"I can see the wheels turning, and want to ask you what bothers you about it, but it's tough like this." she smirked. "Oh! Hey, twenty questions?" He rolled his eyes at that tired joke, making her chuckle again. She rolled on her side, propping herself against him with an arm over his back, curling her legs up between his. "Ok, is it because you think I'll do a shitty job looking after her?"

He shook his head. He didn't. She was a hunter, and could pass on many of those skills which his people considered an important part of both their livelihood and the remains of their culture, but she could also teach her so much more...about magic, and about the new world they would find themselves in.

"Hmm...I didn't think so. I don't think it's because you object to me being mer and not a lion, nor do I think its because you think I'll flake out on her...you don't do you?"

Again he shook his head. She stared at him. Long and hard. He returned her gaze placidly. "Is it because you think I'll take her away?" she asked after a time.

He considered that. If Inanna claimed the girl, and then she left after all this was over...then what? He knew she wouldn't abandon the child. She would take her with her...his brow furrowed. That he did not like. Not at all.

She moved against him, yawning and cuddling into his side. She was smiling, tiredly, and shaking her head. "I won't." She shrugged and closed her eyes, still with that little smile. "I might take her out on trips, like my mum did. But that's it. There are things she needs you for, things you can offer that I can't, just like there are things she needs me for."

He watched her quizzically...and hopefully. She was staying then? Was this her way of staying without promising him anything? Her eyes remained closed and she sighed deeply, her lips parting as her breathing slowed.

It didn't matter. She would be good for Mori in any case. Though he was curious about what it was she thought Mori needed from her specifically that they couldn't give her.

And as to the rest... if she would make him no promises...well, this would still give him time with her at least; time which could make such words unnecessary. If Desdemona was correct, then he may never hear them.

He watched her slowly drift into sleep, curled up against his side, and decided he could live with that.

**

Sometimes she made him wonder. Take now, for instance. Right now Feric couldn't, for the life of him understand why she thought this was a good idea. What was even more confounding was why he was here, going along with it. Again. He sighed heavily.

She didn't turn around, but chuckled darkly. "Having second thoughts handsome?"

He would have answered, except he was still in the form of a lion. She thought it was best if they go back to introduce him properly, that is after they discovered they were indeed dealing with the same witch, and that he hadn't yet revealed his nature to her. Inanna seemed to think this wasn't ideal, and had asked him to 'trust her on this one,' and go back with her as a lion.

They hadn't bothered getting the clothes he'd borrowed yet, as Ina had apparently taken to carrying around a spare robe shoved into the bottom of her pack. Hardly surprising considering the company she'd been keeping. Said robe was now bundled under her arm as she hopped across the stones bridging the narrows in the river, and strode jauntily toward the cottage path.

The house itself crouched low atop a high embankment along the river, its shingled roof the only thing visible from the bottom of the steep incline. As they made their way up the little hill, the large, fenced garden came into view, and revealed a hunched figure bending over some kind of cabbage looking thing. A gardener he was not. Though in his defense the sun was almost down and the light was poor.

When they neared, the woman rose, then stiffened at the sight. He could smell her fear, but it was rather faint. Odd, considering she was looking at a grinning Inanna, who was by nature a little unnerving to the uninitiated, and what he knew appeared to be an exceptionally large mountain lion.

"Good evening, Melisande." Ina called, waving toward the woman. She had something in her hand and Feric wondered what it was. It looked like a small twig with red berries on it. She stopped in front of the the open garden gate. He fell behind a few feet, so as to not appear too threatening. Inanna held up the twig. "I've got me a were-lion and this here belladonna...any ideas?" He couldn't see her face but he could hear the wicked grin in her voice. What the heck was she up to?

She glanced at him over her shoulder. "That's your cue, Serjo." He sighed and shook his head. What the hell.

He shifted, keeping his eyes on the witch. She looked surprised, but not shocked. He stepped forward to stand next to Ina. "We were never properly introduced. My name is Feric. And this is my ma—this is Inanna." He corrected himself too late, and Ina shot him an inscrutable look that he caught in the corner of his eye. He ignored it and pressed on. "She's a friend, I ran into her just north of here on her way to see you."

The woman looked between them. "If you're looking for a cure. I can't help you."

Inanna watched the old woman with interest. She was a sharp one, that was clear. You could see the wheels in motion, but her expression was perfectly even. Inanna grinned cheekily. "Oh, I know. We're not looking for one. I just thought we should all get our cards on the table before moving on to the next round."

The woman cocked a brow. "Really. And what is that?"

"The business which brings me here of course."

"Go on." She drawled, obviously unimpressed. Well fine then, be that way.

"Blood magic."

The woman's features hardened ever so slightly. "My dear, what do you know about something like blood magic?"

Inanna's gave her a dark, toothy grin. "Lots and lots. But I've been told I need to learn more, and that you're the woman to teach me."

She felt something tug her arm, and looked down to see that Feric had taken his robe from her and was putting it on, spoiling her dramatic moment. He gave her an arched look that made her purse her lips.

"Just wanted to give the woman a show." She quipped. He gave her a look of sardonic disbelief which would have made her ancestors proud. He moved past her toward the witch who was leaning down to pick up a large basket which looked to be full of gardening equipment and green stuff.

"Allow me." He offered, gallant that he was. For a moment it seemed like she might protest, but then looked between the two of them and shrugged.

"Fine. Let's discuss this inside."

Good. Inanna was feeling terribly pleased with herself. Feric seemed mildly uncertain...but she was used to that. At least he gave her the benefit of the doubt. There was method to her madness...there really was. She was counting on him to think she was half addled...it helped even out the level of 'mwahaha' she knew she sometimes gave off. If she had a charmer like him rolling his eyes at it then she would appear less sinister. Not harmless...just, less harmful.

So far it was all going according to her dastardly plan. Mwhahahah!

"Nice place. Homey." She looked around and inhaled deeply. It reminded her of a wise woman's yurt. Smelled like weird things and felt like strong magic. Though there was a dark undercurrent...one she recognized. Not as dark as a waste-witch often was though, so that was interesting.

"Thank you." Melisande murmured blandly. She directed Feric as to where she wanted her things, then sat down on a stool at one of the benches, her hands folded in her lap. Modryn was right. This lady looked so harmless. If Inanna couldn't feel the haze of power around them, she'd never have known what an incredibly dangerous person this was. "So, I'm curious to know why you think I will teach you about blood magic."

Inanna held up a finger. "Ok, this is just the sort of thing I was hoping to avoid. The whole, I'm just a dotty old lady who makes love potions crap. You're a witch of Glenmorril. You know blood magic. And I have it on good authority that you're presently my best option for learning more about blood magic without spending another—yes another—decade trying to pull teeth out of Daedric priests to get it. Because frankly, I've kinda got a time crunch here. And before you go denying anything, you should know that you're radiating some heavy duty magic right now, and the signature is pretty unsubtle." She looked over at Feric. "Seriously, what does she smell like to you."

He cocked a brow at her, and she gestured to prompt him as Melisande turned a questioning eye on him. "Like you...like blood and earth, only instead of fire and spice, there's something else mixed with it."

"What?" Melisande asked, looking curious. He didn't look like he wanted to answer, but eventually gave in. "Something herbal...and...old death." She raised a brow, but didn't comment.

"See." Said Inanna gesturing and bringing her attention back to her. "We have something in common, and I'd bet very good money it's the Blood magic."

Melisande smirked. It wasn't a pleasant expression. "You misheard me. I said will, not can."

Inanna paused, blinking. Yeah...guess she did. She cocked her finger at her. "That you did. In that case...'cause I'm wonderfully charming and just the sort of spunky go-getter you've been looking for in an apprentice?"

The woman arched a brow. "I some how doubt you want to be my apprentice."

Inanna rocked back on her heels and folded her hands behind her back. "True enough. Alright. Why don't you tell me why you will then. I seem to be a bit slow on the draw today and I'm fresh out of eau de charisma. Unless you have a spare bottle of Telvanni bug musk tucked around here somewhere you can lend me." She looked around theatrically.

The woman's lip twitched a second before the smile won over. She chuckled shaking her head and turned to Feric. "Is she always like this?"

He smiled mildly. "Always."

Liar. She thought. But she grinned brightly at him and he winked back slowly when the witch turned her attention away from him. What a team.

"Why don't you tell me why you wish to learn more then."

She nodded and sobered up. She looked around and pulled a chair out to sit on. This left her having to look up to talk to Melisande, but that was a good thing, people liked feeling in charge. Though this was clearly her place of power, so there was never any doubt about who was head cheese.

She explained her needs as clearly and succinctly as possible, but didn't try to leave much out, figuring full disclosure would win her some points. Besides, instinct was telling her this chick was in no way connected to their plot...that is to say, she was a free player and there was no reason why they shouldn't try to get her on board and on their team before the baddies got to her. Plus she really didn't seem like a person who could be manipulated into anything. By her or the other side. Which was a bonus since in her opinion they were definitely the righteous party here, and more importantly, they were here first.

By the end she was nodding thoughtfully, wheels cranking away at full speed. Always a good sign. "Fine then, I'll give you what you want. I think I have several spells which will be particularly helpful. But it will cost you."

Inanna saw Ferics face darken, but she ignored it and nodded obligingly. "Of course it will." That was never in doubt. "I'm very aware of what I'm asking of you Muthsera." She was pleased, but a little surprised that the woman had agreed so quickly. But it was too late to fuss over that.

Melisande nodded. "Ten years under a Daedra, you should know. You might change your mind after you hear it. Then again you might not. Depending on the Daedra you serve."

"Served. That's past tense."

"Regardless...the price might be too high. You may change your mind."