All Comments on 'I Can Hear You'

by olddave51

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percy6 months ago

Delightful story!

5

LudvigBlomSELudvigBlomSE6 months ago

A happy love story where everything is brought to full conclusion!! Something that is sadly missed in many stories ;-) Sometimes there is a feeling of the story beeing a bit hacked up but all in all I did enjoy it a lot 5*

naughtyandy4unaughtyandy4u6 months ago

Great story, lost a point for some incorrect words and other fairly minor mistakes. Example, you RASE a building by demolition but you RAISE a child by building it up, spellcheck sees them as correct words.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc6 months ago

Really tight, well written story early on but got a little “loose” in the middle. The back got a little better but lacked depth. As an FYI - Twins follow on the mothers side, not that only descendants of twins can have them. 4.3*

PrfsrPrfsr6 months ago

Many little writing and word errors that could be cleaned up by a good proofreader. For instance: It should be “dining hall”, not “dinning hall.” You mentioned her shin was beautiful, I think you meant skin. (Unless perhaps you have a shin fetish.) There are other things that could be caught.

nyc1975nyc19756 months ago

"Submarine races." Now there's a term I haven't heard in a reaaallly long time. I do fondly recall watching them.

ItlNYJewItlNYJew6 months ago

Thanks for the fun and easy read.

IC_Thru_UIC_Thru_U6 months ago

Good story, though it wasn't my favorite of your works.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawk6 months ago

I really enjoyed your story, thanks for sharing it with us. My only concern is that maybe it could have used more conflict to resolve. You did include that kerfluffle in college, but that was resolved fairly quickly and fairly easily. Perhaps you could have included an issue where lip reading was essential to the resolution of the problem. Just a free suggestion and probably not worth what you paid for it.

lAnatomistelAnatomiste6 months ago

I wanted to like this story, but I can't. The characters are pleasant and kind, but there doesn't seem to be much of a plot.

There are a number of anachronisms: "Pinning row," or whatever term used. Why even bother to use the old term? Just FYI, "pinning" referred to a woman accepting a fraternity pin to signify she was dating one fellow, not that they were engaged - yet.

"Curfew Chimes" in men's and women's dorms; especially with the MC and Debbie living together just a few semesters later.

Perhaps I missed it, but why keep repeating that the MC and his cousin were siblings by DNA analysis?

I _like_ nice stories, but I just couldn't get into this one.

olddave51olddave516 months agoAuthor

lAnatomiste

I really wanted the DNA to stand out.

Just my own thoughts on DNA.

In Bye bye birdie "they got pinned"

My college did have a "Pinning walk" down by the lake. it did not keep the name but it was in the college history.

Back in the stone age when I was in college there was a strict Curfew so I made the story have a warning chime. It was Just a left over from the 60s I liked it so I put it in.

The men did not have a Curfew.

Thanks for the constructive criticism how can I get betting if I don't 'listen' to it.

SatyrDickSatyrDick4 months ago

[25.01.24]

Top Tier!

11/10!!!!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userolddave51@olddave51
Non-Drinker, Non-Smoker, Non-drug user At my age I have experienced a lot with love and intimacy. I plan to write about it. With more than two ex-wives and a few Girl Friends. Most of my stories have some truth to them. I tend to use some of the same behaviors, actions in my...