I Can Hear You

Story Info
Lip reading helps love along.
13.2k words
4.61
6.4k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
olddave51
olddave51
211 Followers

I'd like to thank Kenjisato again for great editing and my friend Anaya for input. If you find any mistakes. It's probably something I did after editing. Active Sexual activity only involves characters over the age of 18. Any similarities to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

I can hear you

My name is Douglas Scott. My Dad, Matthew, and my Uncle Michael are partners in The Scott Law Firm and my mom, Faith, and my Aunt, Hope, are their paralegals/secretaries/receptionists in their office. I was normal high schooler, played a sport, had a part time job, see normal just like any other teen. I have a cousin, Susan, who is 4 days younger than me. Susan and I attend the same college and I was studying Secondary Ed. in Math and Sue was studying Secondary Ed English

Deborah, Debbie I have my eye on you.

Wednesday I was walking on the Randolph Road sidewalk when I saw Deborah Brown. Secondary Ed, Special Education.

"Deborah, Deborah," I ran up to and in front of her so she could see my lips. You see Deborah is partially deaf and I wanted to ask her out. She was in my History 201 class and she sat in the first row. I sat in the second row behind her. I only sat in the second row so I wouldn't be distracted by other students who were not going to be there at graduation time. Deborah, who went by Debbie, sat in the first row so she could hear the professor and read his lips. I had a mild hearing loss from ruptured ear drums during the summers of Jr Hi school I ruptured both ear drums and one a second time so it was easy for me to have empathy.

Many guys were shying away from Debbie because of her hearing loss. In the dorm bull sessions some of the guys would say they would not date her because she was 'deaf'. I kept my mouth closed because I knew I would not change the idiots' mind and it would probably start a fight. I played Lacrosse, I was ejected out of a couple of games in high school for fighting. So I wasn't afraid to take anyone one on one but a room full of dickheads who just wanted to get a Barbie with a pussy for a weekend, it just wasn't worth it.

Now I am in front of Debbie she smiles at me and says so sweetly, "Doug you need something?"

"Ah, ah, ah, Yea, I was wondering if you'd like to go to Union and watch a movie Friday night with me?"

She actually blinked two times.

"We can sit up front so we can hear it better."

She blinked again but her face took on an disheartened look.

I quickly said, "Did I say something wrong?"

She actually asked me, "Is this some joke?"

"Why would I joke with a pretty girl like you?"

I must have disarmed her a little, I took a deep breath, then started a fast monologue: "I have been sitting behind you in History 201 and I look at the back of your head almost every Monday, Wednesday and Friday, you say hello to me and good bye every class, that's it, My cousin lives in your dorm she said you were not dating anyone, So I decided to ask you out, Now if I am out of line just say so and I will go back to just saying hello, good bye to you and looking at the back of your head in History 201." I then took a breath.

She didn't say anything so I figured I was going down in flames.

As I turned away dejectedly she touched my shoulder and said, "Wait, let's talk."

I perked up and said, "Want to meet for dinner over in the dinning hall? We can sit with my cousin."

"Who is your cousin?"

"Susan Scott"

"No way!!!!! She is a good friend She had mentioned a couple of cousins which one are you?"

I answered with a big smile, "I'm the good looking one."

She rolled her eyes, "Are you the swimmer or the lacrosse player?"

"Lacrosse."

"She has said a lot of funny things about you two."

"Well, Cousin Robin, Rob, is at a Florida state. He is my dad's youngest brother's son." (My other uncle is only one year younger that my dad and uncle Michael).

"I hope I came out looking good with her stories"

"You know you do look like Sue."

"Well, that's because our moms are twins and our dads are twins too.

Don't get me started though. Sue and I have lived with it for all our lives."

"Okay dinner at 5:00, see you there."

I called my cousin Sue right away and before I could tell her she blurted, "You had finally talked to Debbie didn't you?"

I then inquired "Did she tell you?"

Sue replied, "No, she is just now walking in the Hall door? Oh, we need to sit with her at dinner tonight!"

Sue then squealed, "I knew you two would be right for each other."

Telepathy?

We are true cousins. But we share DNA close to 99.9999%.

I was a little shell shocked by Sue knowing my plans but we do have that so called "Twin telepathy" so I shouldn't have been upset.

Parents' bragging rights

My dad and uncle both say they "married the pretty one."

Then either my mom or my aunt will say, "I guess I got the handsome one."

Then they would kiss. Both Sue and I would do a quick shiver and said "eww' at the same time.

Dinner

Dinner was Italian night we had spaghetti, breadsticks, good Italian dressing on salad, imitation gelato and checkered tablecloth's, except at one table, that table was the pigs night's table. Bunch of guys from the other dorm in complex would dress like shit and basically eat the spaghetti with their hands and casually throw it, but what the hell this was college nobody supposed to act mature here, Right?

The regular cleaning staff got to sit all night while the pigs cleaned up afterword (It was the only way they could get away with the behavior).

Sue, Debbie and I sat as far away as possible from the pigs.

I made sure I sat directly across from Debbie.

Sue actually introduced me to Debbie.

"Sue we already know each other."

"Oh, then what do you need me for?" Sue questioned.

"You are my character reference!" I exclaimed.

Sue turned to Debbie then said with the biggest smile I have ever seen her with, "Yes, Doug is quite a character!"

Debbie and Sue actually got a big laugh out of it.

Debbie turned to Sue and asked her, "Why does a jock want to date me?"

In a stage whisper Sue said, "He is not a jock but he plays one while on campus."

"Hey, hey, cuz lighten up"

"Ok, Doug played Lacrosse in high school. He tried out for the team on a bet with his friends and he made it!

His Junior and Senior years he played in all but one game, he even scored twice and had a bunch of penalty minutes. The game he missed was after a game when the goalie fell, and other team took a shot and he jumped in front of the stupid ball and it almost exploded his knee! His mom and dad must've cornered the market on ice bags that weekend.

He has 'walked on' here and he gets in most games. His nickname is 'Crab apple' because he can scoop and is a good passer but can not shoot to save his soul. His two goals in high school were ricochets from passes.

Sue smiled saying, "I think he is 'smitten' with you.

I now have a red face.

"Doug and I went on many double dates right up till we came here and I know as a fact Doug is a better gentleman than 90% of my dates. I mean he is no prude or pansy, we would go to the beach and watch the 'submarine races'. That's a term our fathers used say when they used to take our mothers down to the beach to 'make out'........ and whatever!"

One time Doug started the car and drove away from the beach, straight to my date's house told him to get out. My date had gone too far and Doug heard me telling him to stop just one too many times. I never heard from any of his dates that he ever disrespected them.

An Education.

Sue continued, "In His sophomore year one of his girlfriends, was a senior! Barbara, both his mom and my mom we're ready to call the police on her, but our dads talked them out of it. I heard our dads saying 'Douglas got an 'Education'"

"SUE!!!!!! Come on do you really have to tell her that?"

I looked at Debbie, "Look Debbie, I want to go out on a date with you."

With a wink from Sue, Debbie said, "Ok Doug I trust Sue I will go out with you."

I walked Debbie and Sue back to their dorm one on each side of me they interlocked their arms in my arms. I got looks, since both Sue and Debbie are very attractive, I heard a few guys say "HOLY SHIT" and "Oh My God," as we walked by. They both gave me peck on the cheek as they went into the dorm.

The next day one of the lacrosse players asked me if I was dating two girls.

With a big smile I said, "Damn, it just wears me out!" And walked off.

The date

On Friday I got myself ready for our date. Not 3 "S" but four "S," Shower, Shave, Shit, and after-Shave, I was ready.

I looked in the mirror and remembered what dad told me about Old Spice, "If your grandfather hadn't worn it, you wouldn't exist." My dad, and Uncle Mike, both used it. It must have worked, because my mom, and aunt Hope are drop-dead gorgeous, also alluring, captivating, charismatic, charming, classy, elegant, exciting and fascinating, no I am not partial. I have seen when our families go out to dinner other men and some women look at my mom and aunt Hope walk by and have to pick up their chins off the floor. My Dad and uncle were non smoking Marlboro Men: rugged, handsome, physically active, and very masculine. They looked good in a courtroom.

But what is funny, the women who try to hit on my dad and my uncle! I have seen Mom and my aunt get locked and loaded and almost come to blows with a few aggressive mature amorous women. For their own safety and the safety of their marriages both my dad and my Uncle Mike have NEVER strayed. The same for mom, and aunt Hope they have NEVER strayed. Both marriages are what romance novels are written about.

Ok, Clean shirt, Clean pants, good sneakers, a lined windbreaker, hair combed, teeth clean and an extra splash of Old Spice for good luck.

I walked over to Debbie's dorm. I was about to use the house phone to let her know I was there when a girl who I had seen before in the dinning hall said, "Oh, Doug I'm supposed keep you company while Debbie gets ready."

Her name was Elizabeth, Liz, and turned out to be Debbie's roommate.

She tried to hide '20 questions' within our chitchat but stopped when I said Susan was my cousin.

She then asked, "Are you the swimmer or the lacrosse player?"

"I play lacrosse."

Liz kind of gave a satisfying hummmm.

"What was that about it?"

"You sure come out on top over your swimming cousin when Sue talks about you two."

Just then Sue came into the lounge and told Liz she was taking over 'guarding' me.

Sue began telling me what I can and can't do on my date.

"Wait cuz, you just told Debbie I was a gentleman."

"Well,.............stay that way!"

"Am I allowed to kiss her?!" I added under my breath "on top of her head?"..........

Debbie's story

Sue then told me how last year Debbie went out on a double date and after they dropped off the other girl the two guys assaulted her just short of raping her. The campus cops said it was 'he said, she said'.

The two guys were on the baseball team, one graduated last year. The other one is still playing on the team.

"She is so glad those son of a bitch baseball players were not able to penetrate her, she said they both lost their erections after a couple well placed knees."

"It has been almost a year since then, YOU, my sweet cousin, are the first guy she has said yes to."

I was socked, "Cuz you know I will be good?!"

Then Debbie arrived. It was a casual date, just a movie but Debbie looked great. Her makeup was perfect, She had her hair down, I guess mostly to hide her hearing aids, a pretty white blouse which demurely hid her womanly assets. A cute blue pleated skirt. With color coordinated Sneakers and caring a lined windbreaker.

I said, "WOW!"

Sue took her finger and pushed my jaw up to close my mouth.

I said, "I'll need to bring my baseball bat to ward off other guys. You look fantastic!"

Sue with a sparkle in her voice said , "Why don't you just propose to her and save time."

Debbie and my faces turned red.

I then said, "Lets go before Sue has us married with 3 kids, a dog, a cat, a fish in a bowl and driving a mini-van!"

Debbie smiled and gave me her windbreaker to carry.

Sue said, "I have to get ready for my date," then turned to return to her room

Over her shoulder she said, "Don't come in late."

As we stepped out of the dorm I took Debbie's left hand in my right hand, after about 25 yards she embraced my right bicep with her right hand.

We walked over to the Student Union, the movie was "American Graffiti." I had seen it a bunch of times even on late night TV, Debbie said she had never seen it. We got our popcorn, our drinks, and some candy and found good seats (Debbie found them) She could see the screen and was able to hear the sound. After a while Debbie's head moved to my shoulder.

We saw Richard Dreyfuss, watching from the plane's window at Suzanne Somers drove the white T-Bird down on the road below. We then left the Union.

We walked back to the dorms by way of the lakeshore. It's a nice romantic walk back to the dorms. Debbie again grab my arm like she did before, we started walking and talking. This part of the path is well lit so she could see to read my lips.

We talked about her and my high school days.

She was really interested that my cousin and I went to the same schools and how people thought we were twins.

"We had a doctor say our DNA shows we are brother and sister. As a joke we sometimes call each other brother or sister. Sometimes we kind of know what the other is thinking or when the other is lying. We have not lied to each other since we were almost six years old."

Our dads being brothers, Sue and I had the same last name. The teachers would be confuse sometimes when we had back to back parent/teacher conferences and it looked like the same two parents were coming in for the second conference, but dressed differently. Fortunately both Susan and I are rather smart and almost never needed a long parent/teacher conference, I think she is smarter than I am, but I will never tell her.

"It is true Sue and I are almost siblings, after all we shared beds and playpens and bath time until we got into kindergarten.. Our parents rented a four bedroom house together and then bought houses on the same street as each other. We both have a younger sibling me a sister, Sue a brother. I can't with until they get a little older they are both in ninth grade now. I protected Sue and she protected me. I drove Sue and myself to school Junior and Senior year.

"The word got out you don't mess with the Scott kids, whether they were cousin or siblings."

"One time in Junior year I was about to come around a corner and I heard some asshole saying he was going 'get into Sue's pants,' on his date he was going to have with her Friday. I turned the corner and cold cocked him. Flat out on the corridor floor. Sue walked up just after he hit the floor.

At first Sue was about kill me for hitting her date for Friday night. A girl who had heard him, told her what had happened. I had to hold Sue back or she would have kicked the living shit out of him right on the floor, his testes even! Some how no administrator or teacher saw what happened.

Debbie was now laughing.

We came up the part of the path that was not as well lit but had benches it was named "Pinning Path"* an old term used back about, 1960, when it was constructed but now nicknamed "Make-Out Avenue." We stopped at a bench on the path and sat down, I gave her, her windbreaker and I put mine on.

* [In the 1950s and 1960s to be pinned, giving a class pin, was the same as getting a class ring to show that a couple were going steady.]

Debbie told me of the childhood illness, mumps, she had that caused her hearing loss in 6th grade. She says she can hear a little and read lips. So between the two she understands most of what is being said.

"Oh, shit I forgot," and pulled a penlight flashlight out of my pocket and turned it on my face as I said, "This is so you can see me when I ask you if you'd like another date?"

Debbie leaned over and said, "You goof" and gave me fantastic kiss. When we broke she said, "You are the first guy to try to make it easier for me to read lips."

I said, "I think my lips are asking for another kiss, can you read them?"

This kiss was ten times better than the first one. We got up from the bench and walked toward our dorms.

Debbie said, "I know you don't have a roommate, what's it like not having one?"

"Well, it is like living at home just without parents or my little sister;

"I still do my own laundry,

"I still get my own butt out of bed,

"I still have to clean my room, just mom is not nagging me

"I still get my own breakfast, and

"I still get myself to class on time. Well most of the time.

"BUT No one tells me I am snoring!"

Debbie was laughing again.

Debbie said, "Show me your room."

I had to think "How did I leave my room today?" I remembered I had cleaned up before leaving for our date, and let out my breath.

When we got to my room I explained my assigned roommate got home sick and left school back in October. I pulled my desk chair out and told her she could sit on the other chair or on the bed which was the two twin beds tied together to form a king. Debbie saw my guitar and said, "I Want to hear some music." I grabbed my guitar, Debbie's face brightened up. I sang a couple of love songs that were popular. I wondered how well she could hear me. Her smile told me she could hear enough.

I grabbed a couple of Cokes out of my mini fridge gave one to Debbie.

Debbie then said, "You know when Sue said you were 'smitten' with me? Well I am 'smitten' with you too."

I was beginning feel a little uncomfortable, my dick was wanting to say hello.

I stood and turned on my iPod with some slow songs to listen to. When I turned back to Debbie she had gotten up moved behind me as I turned around I was in her arms and she said, "Lets dance." She pressed up against me, I know she could easily feel my excitement.

Saved by the chime

I heard the curfew warning chime. The chime goes off in the men's dorms about 25 minutes before the curfew chimes in all the women's dorms do. We put on our windbreakers on and walked to her dorm. It is not a curfew 'per se' it is just when the doors are locked for the night at the women's dorms. After that time you have to get the RA on duty to come to the front door and open it, the girls call it 'the walk of shame'.

Debbie and I said goodnight and I met Sue coming in from her date.

Sue asked, "Have a good night?"

Debbie and I both said, "YEP!"

We did have a date the next week.

Meeting mom.

After we had been dating about two months (lunches, movies, walks by the lake) I met Debbie's mom one weekend.

Debbie's mom was coming for a visit. I told Debbie I would sit with her until her mom arrived. When she arrived I tried to excuse myself so they could have some girl time. Debbie's mom, Mrs. Dorothy Brown said, "No, Douglas I'd like to get to know you better. Debbie has not stopped talking about you, and please call me Dottie" I looked at Debbie she had an 'old shit' look on her face. Well, my momma taught me not to be impolite, so I stayed.

So taking the bull by the horns I said, "Sure where would like to go to talk? Do we need to go to someplace quiet? "

olddave51
olddave51
211 Followers