I do not Think So Again

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Also, she was angry that I told Stephanie she had taken a lover, that was not true. That I was her lover and was angry because of a mistake she made.

I told her not to sugar coat her bad behavior, because I did not create it. Well we chatted about Steph some and then hung up.

Lastly, I spoke to my Mother-in-Law, she had always been very kind to me and I had nothing but respect for her. I was very worried about calling, but I did.

She wanted to know all of the details and not to leave anything out. She was a lovely Irish woman who could be very fiery, I knew where Jill got that from. I told her I caught Jill with someone else and I was devastated and told her my feelings.

She listened and told me not to make any rash decisions and that she loved me and would be in touch.

The amazing thing, I used to have a very high libido, but since all of this started I did not even think about sex at all. I think I was humiliated and it took all of my self-esteem.

At dinner with Stephanie and Mark we talked about the future, he asked in front of her if I would allow me the honor of her hand.

She smiled and I got teary eyed and agreed. Mark was a nice young man with a good future. They had not told anyone yet but would make it public soon.

Steph and Mark were also going to tell Jill later that evening. I hugged them both and felt better. I had some good news for the first time in a while. A possible new job and a new son-in-law.

Work was taking all of my time and it was helpful. I had no time to dwell on my personal misery. I went in early and stumbled home late and mostly just crashed.

Jill had contacted me a little, but she had pretty much left me alone. I had no idea what she was doing but I was curious. Jill had called and asked how I was doing and I told her I was swamped which was normal.

She told me her Christmas party was coming up this weekend and was not sure she was going, but felt she had go to it. She said she missed me, but was doing lots of thinking and hoping we would get back together.

She said this is the first party I would not attend with her. I told her I know. She told me she was doing Christmas shopping and getting everything ready.

Stephanie had lots of nice things and I told her I would help pay for anything she needed, she thanked me. Then she told me she had to go and would chat later.

Interestingly, her Mother called me a few minutes later and I spoke to her. She was pleasant but firm with me.

"Harris, I love you but I need to speak to you and prefer it in private and face to face."

I told her, "ok do you want to see me tomorrow night at 9:00?'

"No, she replied, I want to see you now."

I dreaded it but realized I had to see her, "ok I will be there shortly."

So, I got in my car and proceeded to her home. It was 9:15. I pulled into her driveway. She opened the door and gave me a hug.

I told her I was dog tired, but here I am.

We sat in the den and she told me I needed to talk to Jill. I understood, but this was a terrible time to meet as I was working lots of hours and no free time.

About that time, the door opened and in walked Jill. I had not seen her since before Thanksgiving.

She did look nice a bit thinner maybe, but my heart still skipped a beat. Then I was angry.

Jill's mom said "calm down dear this will not take long."

Jill rushed in and grabbed me around the waist and hugged me tight.

She got right to the point, "Sweetheart, I know I hurt you deeply, but I wanted to let you know I am trying to get back in your good graces. I met a counselor and she has helped me start to see problems. I want you to take me to my Christmas party. Please I am begging you and I promise to be good. It is for my job, they like to see couples and it can help me."

"Jill, you know I am working massive hours right now and it is very difficult to get away. Won't it look funny to see me there with you. I am sure Robert would love to try to humiliate me again."

"Robert is a jackass, I don't worry about his feelings, I worry about yours. Please there is a dinner and dance. You could leave after dinner and promise me one dance ok, Please."

How do I get into this shit. She told me when and where and I will let her know if I can be there.

Jill kissed me and I told her I had to leave.

Her mom kissed me and said, "please give her another chance, she is lost without you." I said my goodbyes and left.

The party was a week from Saturday night at the local Marriott. Reception at 6:00, dinner at 7:00, and dance at 8:30-12:00. I checked my schedule to see if I could stay from 6:30-about 8:30. It looked like it might work out.

I had spoken to my attorney and he had all of the paperwork ready whenever I wanted it served. I asked if he had a PI he worked with and he gave me a number.

I contacted Phil who was a PI and a damn good one according to my attorney. I met him and told him my whole story and that I had been invited to a dinner and wanted to have her followed for a few days first. I still wanted out but to appease my daughter and mother-in-law I was trying to give her one final chance.

Jill had texted me and said she loved me and could not wait to see me in my tux at the dinner.

I texted back I have not decided yet.

A week goes by and I get a call from Phil. He said he has followed her and watched who she met. She did go out to lunch with Robert one day but they acted normal and not romantic. He had stopped by her house one day but was only there about 10 minutes. It appeared she had not had any romantic encounters with him this week.

He told me he would follow her up until Saturday afternoon. I thanked him and hung up.

The one thing that bothered me was that he showed up at my house, even for a few minutes. He was a complete bastard and I was about to retaliate. I just had to concentrate for a few more weeks and then I would be gone.

Jill texted me and wanted to know if I would pick her up. I told her I would most likely be coming straight from work and probably have to meet her there.

I also, texted and asked if she saw Robert away from work? She texted back and said no. Then I followed up, what would he say if I showed up at the party?

She said it did not matter what he thought.

I kept it up, what did you talk about when you were together? She said only work-related things. All business. So, you have not been with him since I saw you both? She said it was over.

Well it was Friday night at work and Phil had texted me and asked him to call ASAP. I was busy but within 30 minutes I had a moment I called him.

He told me Jill was at Robert's house. She left work and went there about 5:30. I saw a delivery boy bring a pizza about 6:15. It was now 8:30.

I knew that was the nail in the coffin. Although I was already going to leave this will just make it easier.

Now I could tell my daughter and mother-in-law I tried. I told Phil if he had any pictures that was fine. He said he would try. I was scheduled to close the store at 10:00.

Then usually it took almost an hour to finish up. I was in turmoil because even if I was thinking about giving her a chance it had evaporated.

Phil texted me about 11:15. He had some pics but not as helpful as I had hoped. It showed them hugging but no intercourse that he could see. They appeared to stay in the living room area and not in the bedroom.

I wondered if I should call. I decided to at least give my soon to be ex-wife a reason for not attending the party tomorrow night.

It rang then went to voice mail. I left a message to call me.

A few minutes later she called and asked if I was ok.

I told her something had come up and I would not be able to attend the party tomorrow night.

She sounded disappointed and said she had a new dress and wanted me to see it. I then told her I knew she was with Robert and to tell him to fuck off and I hope you are enjoying his 9 inches. Then I hung up.

I went back to my motel at 11:00 and dropped in the bed. Phil texted and said Jill left right after I called.

The Saturday morning was bright and cold. I had slept a little better than I thought I would.

I did call Stephanie and told her I was not getting back with her Mom because she was still seeing Robert.

She was disappointed because her Mom said she had not seen him outside of work and never would again.

Then I called my Mother-in-law and told her the same thing. My Mother-in-law was livid and apologized for raising a slut. I told her I appreciated all of her support though the years and told her bye.

I did check my phone and there were 5 calls and about 10 texts. All explaining that she was there, but that nothing happened. They had a pizza and chatted. Nothing happened. She said that over and over again.

I finally texted her back and told her that Robert had won and not to bother me anymore. I will send the paperwork for the divorce on Monday.

Back at work I was still in the same routine, but at least I knew my future was planned.

I had to call Sally one more time at Jill's work. I told her this was the last time and I appreciated all that she had done for me.

I told her not to tell Jill I called. I asked about the party and she said Jill was quiet and stayed with the girls mostly but did dance with a couple of guys and yes Robert one time, but did not look happy.

I asked did she say anything about me. She said that you and she were probably getting a divorce and she started crying. I told Sally thank you and best to you.

At Christmas, Stephanie came over at night and she and I had a nice quiet dinner in my motel. Obviously, we were both down, but I was so happy to see my baby again.

She said Mom was very unhappy and she let her have it about her lifestyle and disrespect to me. She said Mom cried most of the night. Then Stephanie told her I had a transfer and would be leaving the area after the first of the year.

She cried like a baby and told her she was so wrong about everything. She always thought we would get back together.

She called and called and texted for me not to move. Please would I see her.

I refused.

Stephanie also said her Mom got the divorce papers, she said she put them down and have not moved them since they arrived.

I asked if she would just sign the damn things and we can move on. She said she hated to give up the house but figured she would have to. Well time moves on.

Epilogue

It has been almost two years and I am happy in Savannah. My beautiful daughter is married and happy with Mark and lives in Northern Virginia.

She loves her job and hopes to start a family in a few years. My ex-wife Jill did sell the home and I got my half of the proceeds. She at first tried to fight the divorce but it was a waste on her part. She never dated Robert after our split as he had moved on to his next conquest. The next conquest was also with a married woman and he lost his job over sexual harassment. Even Jill testified against him.

Steph tells me her Mom dates occasionally, but is not happy. Her unhappiness keeps her from going out and she prefers to stay at her condo. She tells Steph she made a huge mistake and will never forgive herself for her actions. She says she still loves me, but knows I will never take her back.

I refused to meet with her and my attorney handled everything. I did see her at the wedding, but we stayed apart as much as possible.

She sent me a long letter apologizing as her counselor told her to do. She wants to visit, but will wait for me to give her an invitation.

I have started dating a little here. It is nice, and I am taking it slow. But I have met some lovely ladies and I am as happy as I have been since this all happened.

Jill stopped calling after the last time she said, "Is there anything I can do to get you back or to forgive me.

I told her "I don't think so."