All Comments on 'I Knew the Bride'

by BillandKate

Sort by:
  • 156 Comments
WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 3 years ago

This was amazing!

I was expecting the usual hot girl gets married but pursues her ex FWB and you switched it up. I didn’t even realize there was no explicit sex scenes until the end.

I cried, I cheered, I was enjoying this story so much that you could have doubled it and I wouldn’t have noticed.

I lived all your characters: Bill, Trey, Lisa, Dana even the secondary characters were compelling and engaging. That you included their backstories is remarkable.

Thank you for writing a great story.

OnethirdOnethirdalmost 3 years ago

Very positive story and a nice ending. Other than the Sandy relationship being off-kilter, everything else was above board. It’s very different from a Just Plain Bob story, where his protagonist runs through a long list of FWB’s in a kind of cold transactional way. There is caring and heart in these relationships.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

As usual lovely stuff. Tc ireland.

mindmeld31mindmeld31almost 3 years ago

Solid feel-good story with characters I'd be happy to know.

Big ole 5 from me.

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

This was a great read definite 5 stars, but why place it in LW? Why not the Romance section?

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 3 years ago

That was lovely you two. Such a smooth and well plotted romance.

georgelittle2000georgelittle2000almost 3 years ago

I just hope this us the beginning of the "Nick Bottoms' saga"

numbnutz49numbnutz49almost 3 years ago

Wow, nicely done. Everything about this story flowed naturally and with perfect balance. There were no baseball bats to the side of the head but one story of violence that helped frame the character of the main character and his friend. The return of his "first love" was well designed and followed a different path from what one might expect this late in the story. Overall, a clear 5-star story - good enough to make me follow the author(s).

LenardSpencerLenardSpenceralmost 3 years ago

Well B&K, what can I say! A well presented, easy to read, story that even had a happy ending. No one was a martial arts expert with a Special Forces background. Hung like a horse with a 12 inch cock. You know, all the stupid cliched details we read in "Loving Wives". Thanks for a simple, enjoyable story. Cheers guys.

cpl8140cpl8140almost 3 years ago

5*. A very nice tale.

PostScriptorPostScriptoralmost 3 years ago

A romance in ‘loving wives’? LOL. Fun read, although I’d like to know where one would get a ‘cheap Chinese Saturday night special’... thar ain’t no sech thing.

Best,

P.S.

TeslerTesleralmost 3 years ago

Great Story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thank you for a great story, its a nice change for a story to not be centered around cheating, revenge or all sex. As always, well written and 5 stars.

somewhere east of Omaha

FireFox59FireFox59almost 3 years ago

Another good story with lots of twists and turns. Enjoyed it and thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Another beautiful BillandKate story. Loving Wives as "cheating wives" is a stimulating section, but Loving Wives can also be truly "loving wives" - there's room for both.

SunOceanSandSunOceanSandalmost 3 years ago

What a great and fun story...

Thank you for the stories you write, they always top notch.

5*****s

SOS

Wildbill314Wildbill314almost 3 years ago

Rated one of my very few 5 stars

pepepilotpepepilotalmost 3 years ago

Good solid story! Thank you.

imhaplessimhaplessalmost 3 years ago

Cute; kept my interest although an atypical Loving Wives story; 5*

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 3 years ago

I enjoy a complete story. This story had it all and it was a feel good read. Thanks

tangledweedtangledweedalmost 3 years ago

I thought this story had a nice little arc as the MC grew through his relationships, even though they all started as simple FWB situations. There was nothing ground breaking or outstanding here, but a simple story, told well, with relatable, believable characters and situations. Nice effort.

MwestohioMwestohioalmost 3 years ago

Excellent story arc

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 3 years ago

I'm sure you two will get criticized for the story being to "Hallmark-is" but screw 'em! The entire tale was well written, flowed nicely and character development was "real" and consistent. Probably one of the best stories you have written when viewed as an overall effort. Well done! 5*

shopratshopratalmost 3 years ago

This story was great. Wonderful for us, to find a story like this on a free story site, but honestly you deserve to be paid for wiork iof this quality. Outstanding!

Regguy69Regguy69almost 3 years ago

Well done, as usual BnK, Nick is the type of guy every wants for a best buddy. Glad things worked out for him. Nice to read a story about “normal” folks doing well in life. Thanks.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 3 years ago

Really good. Glad you did not have a sad ending for sandy. Not needed

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithalmost 3 years ago

Awesome story!!!! Loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. It's good to read stories like this every once in a while, y'know, one where families aren't being broken and we don't need to choose sides for a BTB or RAAC. Thanks for posting. 5 stars.

katibkatibalmost 3 years ago

Beautiful. Might have provided a little more of Trey's reaction to learning of MC's past relation with Lisa.

Ironman52Ironman52almost 3 years ago

Loved this. I was thinking more Romance than Loving Wives. No complaints though it is yall's decision.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very well written and flowed nicely with good character development. A nice change from the loving wives typical story of who cheats whom and who loses out the most.

Gram1Gram1almost 3 years ago

Thank you! What a wonderful story. Something to feel good about.

BeBopper99BeBopper99almost 3 years ago

5***** Very well done story!!!! Maybe a follow-up story with Sandy?

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyalmost 3 years ago

Excellent story. TYVM. 5*s

nedslapnedslapalmost 3 years ago

Fabulous story. I loved how you made Sandy although unsympathetic, not a complete villain, and how Trey, although having a rich and probably spoiled upbringing, was courageous and just. Such characterizations add to stories.

MaresEatOatsMaresEatOatsalmost 3 years ago

A sweet, well-written story that was a delight to read.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 3 years ago

The line is clearly often unclear between Literotica categories. Though this is certainly a romance, your established audience is in Loving Wives, and there your stories belong.

***

Well rendered and sympathetic characters, with the exception of the two drug-rapists of course. I’d love to see this expanded to a full length novel so that some of the more interesting peripheral players’ stories could be further explored. Or maybe each of the four couples can have their own story. Trey and Lisa, Tom and Betty, Bill and Tory Sue, and Of course Nick and Dana.

***

Thanks for an enjoyable read with a sweet HEA. Great way to kick off the holiday weekend.

jmmj5jmmj5almost 3 years ago

That was very nice and enjoyable.

A smooth read that kept my attention (glad I didn't skim).

5* and thank you.

Hooked1957Hooked1957almost 3 years ago

A five-star effort.

Hooked

xiluaxiluaalmost 3 years ago

A beautiful story. I liked it, but this is a romance story. I'm just wondering what it's doing in the LW section? Still 5*****.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

*Mic drop* of the day.

As usual well written.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very quaint, and contrived. So much signalling and posturing and social preening. I think what best illustrates your attitude and condescension if the following: "Not once has she ever made me feel anything but her pride in being a maintenance man's wife." You might as well have written it as "a black man's wife." Hell, I bet even Trey and Lisa have friends who are maintenance men. How diverse!!

And why would a person who hasn't got the gumption to shoot a wild pig carry a firearm? Oh, right, he watched a news broadcast and suddenly found out there are people out there who have no respect for human life. Guess he never heard of abortion either.

Whatever, just too many cliche's and way too much smugness and social conscience posturing. It was cloying and obnoxious.

Glad so many others found it a great story. Just remember, some of the most popular food in the world is McDonald's.

Thanks for the effort.

seekermikeseekermikealmost 3 years ago

I enjoyed the story, however you might have opened Pandora’s box. You mentioned the Dave Edmonds-Nick Lowe collaboration as influence, but that could be the thin edge of the wedge. In 2001, Nick Lowe released “The Convincer. The album has several cuts that could provide inspiration, but check out “Lately I’ve let Things Slide”.

It’s a story in itself that deserves to be flushed out.

PdgriggsPdgriggsalmost 3 years ago

Thank-you for such a great story. Loved the twists and the great ending. 5 Stars!

AloneTooLongAloneTooLongalmost 3 years ago

Been following ya'll for a while; really loved this story about my almost 'stompin' grounds. Daddy was a maintenance man (carpenter) at one of those plants on refinery row and this story brought back memories of the kind of folks I grew up around.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

K&B,

Your stories always cause me to reflect on the differences and complexities of the human condition and of basic human nature. Sometimes I can see myself, or at least readily identify some trait or personality aspect. Other times I shake my head, while recognizing that someone "could" be that way -- and then I wonder just how someone could get to be that way! I think your combined perspectives and efforts produce some of the best -- if not THE best -- writing on this site. Many thanks.

MaximusTheMadMaximusTheMadalmost 3 years ago

Loved the story. Not sure why it's a LW story but what ever, it was good.

HeelGuy9800HeelGuy9800almost 3 years ago

Wow, an outstanding story about people you would like to know. A whole series of stories about this group of people would be great.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A truly awesome story! Thank you for bringing a smile to my face and showing the good in people prevails. 5 star all the way!

SimpleGuySquaredSimpleGuySquaredalmost 3 years ago

Fleshed out characters, a well defined and scripted story line, very tight and to the point. A true joy to read.

DazzyDDazzyDalmost 3 years ago

Just a 5. Coulda been a 10!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

For most speakers, Francis and Frances are homophones or near homophones; a popular mnemonic for the spelling is "i for him and e for her"

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 3 years ago

Lovely story, beautifully written. Only as expected from you guys. Thank you.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 3 years ago

Well that was a good story.

Not sure if it belongs in this category and don't care.

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 3 years agoAuthor

Why publish in LW and not Romance?

A few of you have asked why this story is in Loving Wives. We've published in Romance before and found that the stories get one-tenth of the readers and comments of any of our LW stories. And let's face it, the only compensation authors receive on Literotica is the pride in having you read our stories and comment on them. Another reason is that so many of our followers find our stories on LW. So, as long as we can stretch the category and have true 'loving wives' in them, and as long as the site monitors accept our stories here, we'll publish in LW.

Thanks everyone, for your comments.

B&K

fritz51fritz51almost 3 years ago

It's stories like this one that highlights why B & K are one of my absolute favorites. 5*s doesn't seem to be enough.

Thanks guys.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Once again, the eternal stories of ordinary people living those lives in extraordinarily interesting ways, makes the finest fiction. And, it sure helps to have people who can write it so well.

.

On an unrelated note, how many writers on this board are from Texas? There are so damn many good stories here, it's no accident. Plus we've still got such a great tradition of storytellin' and plain ol' bullshittin', that it just naturally follows!

.

Thanks for the great stories!!! Keep it up!

Rocket081960Rocket081960almost 3 years ago

Outstanding! A very enjoyable read. Thanks.

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 3 years ago
Enjoyed

I thoughly enjoyed this story as well as the of your rest of your stories. Keep up the good work and please keep writing.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Fritz is right, *5 ain’t enough for this beautiful story. A story about a lot of good people and a few really bad ones. Everyone in this story, remarkably, ended up just where they belonged in a very happy ending. BillandKate are among the very best authors posting in Loving Wives, which is exactly where they belong . Hopefully, they stay here a very long time.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Well done. Provides a sense of completion, yet allows for spin-off stories. Deserves a five stars rating. Thank you.

___Anon8675309

teedeedubteedeedubalmost 3 years ago

Ditto to Fritz. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

quality and punctual (my pet peeve).

Good read overall. Love the level of decency.

Smokepole

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I am truly impressed. This was a very well-told story. Considering the length, there was a lot of plot, a lot of emotional impact, and a lot of realistic relationship material. I wish I could write this well. Wow.

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 3 years agoAuthor

Bill's answer to Anonymous, who commented, "Very quaint, and contrived. So much signalling and posturing and social preening. I think what best illustrates your attitude and condescension if (sic) the following: "Not once has she ever made me feel anything but her pride in being a maintenance man's wife." You might as well have written it as "a black man's wife.""

Bill responds: Kate and I appreciate all the positive comments - and usually enjoy those that give us constructive criticism, but yours has Kate seeing red and me laughing. You accuse us of being 'condescending', but later condescend to those readers who enjoyed the story by comparing them to people who enjoy dining at McDonald's. See the irony?

Not to mention that both Kate and I grew up on 'the wrong side of the tracks'. My first love was shipped 400 miles away to school by her lawyer father to get her away from the 'construction worker'. Kate had similar experiences. And then you pull the race card, the last refuge of our newly-minted 'woke'.

So, you come to a free story website and expect Faulkner? Then you try to prove your mental superiority to all us us here at Literotica by leaving a turd in the punch bowl. I've known people like you all my life and can only suggest one thing. That you realize the sound you hear when you turn your back is the laughter of your acquaintances.

Bill

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

Bill, have you ever noticed how many of these aspiring critics can absolutely adjudicate your work against their perfect 'ideal' story? You know, the one THEY should write? I've reached out to a few of them - the ones with accounts - and have offered to edit, co-write or act as a sounding board should they desire to pen this perfect tale and have had exactly..... zero takers.

.

Thanks for your fine body of work and for engaging people with your comments feedback!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of the best! Ignore the trolls!

knoxhardknoxhardalmost 3 years ago

I liked it. Thank you for writing.

I appreciate your talent and your body of work. Always pleased to see a new story from you.

Again, thanks.

Driven2ReadDriven2Readalmost 3 years ago

Another great B&K story ... characters rich & believable. Great story line, made me feel good about the time I spent reading. What more can one ask? Faulkner rarely made me feel the same. I come here for the stories and honestly admit the short story formats - I've always loved them and admire an author who can tell a great story in under 50 pages, let alone less than 10. To the woke anony (isn't it fun how anony is close to annoy in spelling?) - well it shows that anony comes from a place where real friends are few and far between and good people are just a joke to you. Ever wonder how all those urban awokes can become some bitter loners in a place with so many people? Where I come from this story relates to how I grew up in the farmlands of the Midwest. Keep up the great writing B&K - lastly to Legio - god I wish I could write .. but just don't seem to have that talent. I have to be content is living my life vicariously through others on that stage.

woodmanonewoodmanonealmost 3 years ago
Very nice story

A little romance and lightness in our lives is never a bad thing and this story is good at that.

Thanks you for your hard work and please continue.

One last comment: SCREW THE TROLLS.

Woodymanone

MedicalpeteMedicalpetealmost 3 years ago

Thank you guys. I really enjoyed your story. It is like life is. Some good times, some great and some a bit iffy. You are a good team.

DirtySingleMomDirtySingleMomalmost 3 years ago

The quality of your stories never ceases to amaze me. You combine humor, romance, an element of cheating, and all your characters are likable and realistic. More than that the storyline is tight and believable. There are some good authors on this site that seem to limit themselves to one style of LW story. Others such as yourselves and a few others are able to write to suit more than one audience. 5 stars from me

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 3 years ago

Great story, just what you always expect from B&K. As a second generation Maintenance Man, my father worked 30 years in a chemical plant and I spent 20 years as a hotel Maintenance Man, another 10 years in construction before returning to my first love, maintaining buildings and equipment as a outside vender for companies that needed but didn't or couldn't pay for a full time maintenance employee, and yes I cant even begin to tell you how many times someone has called me to ask if I could look at something that stopped working or was making a strange noise when they turned it on. I never could understand why some look down there nose at a man that works with hand tools to keep all the equipment working to let the plants and factories running to produce the things everyone will say they could not live without. I was told many times I should go down state to New York City and get a job in one of the big hotels because I could write my own ticket. The hotel I worked in was a 175 guest room hotel built in the late 1920's. All the stories I could tell. Maybe some day I will. But for now I will just say next time you see a program on the TV with a high speed machine making a spring for some widget, a conveyer carrying a package to a truck for delivery to your home, or step into an elevator, or on an escalator, flip the A/C on in your hotel room. Just remember this world would come to a screeching halt without a Maintenance Man to keep everything running the way it was intended to work to make your life easy. Sincerely, a very proud Maintenance Man.

By the way 5 stars on the story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Very good story. Lots of feel good in it. The only thing for me is that I really felt that Nick and Lisa belonged together. The way the story reads for those two is that there was definitely chemistry between them and as I got through the story I really thought that something would happen that would bring them together.

Early on in the story Nick thinks to himself that he and Lisa have nothing in common, no interests etc. in common. My wife and I didn't start out with any interests in common and we are complete opposites yet we've been married for 55+ years. I really think that the authors had a subconscious need to have Nick and Lisa end up together but couldn't make it work with the way they decided to write the story.

kiteareskitearesalmost 3 years ago

My only negative is this probably should have been in romance as although he had a loving wife (they all did in the end), it doesn't fit the definition here. Still typical Bill and Kate, well written and a good story to boot. Enjoyed every page of it. 5* well deserved.

Thank you.

TrishieldTrishieldalmost 3 years ago

#1 I enjoyed the story

#2 "when she used to rock and roll" was the first thing that popped into my head when I saw the title. A toast to those with excellent musical taste.

DevilbobyDevilbobyalmost 3 years ago

I really enjoyed this story it has all the ingredients of a mainstream novel that any publisher would be proud to put on the shelves of any bookstore. A bit of spice to keep it interesting although the sex is not excessive. It also has the ring of truth about it, which I Always appreciate in a story . But then when it comes down to it you really know how to craft a story. Well done and 5 stars.

gordo12gordo12almost 3 years ago

What a wonderful story. Full marks! 5*

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellalmost 3 years ago

great story and full marks

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 3 years ago

Great story as usual!

5

monicablumonicablualmost 3 years ago

What a wonderfully written story about life; the passion, love, heartache, friends, and all the other experiences living brings us. This is one of the three best stories I've read on this site, well-crafted and truly believable. 5+

~M

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 3 years ago

This story reminds me so much of how Just Plain Bob writes. I sincerely mean that as a compliment. He is one of my favorite authors on Literotica. Great story and very well told. I loved it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Mediocre. Completely worthless plot around pinkneck inferiority complex as it seems the author tries to convey virtue in the lack of education. The whole story is one long moralization of the "highly ethical" main character. Too long and a waste of time, similar to other stories of this author, pretty much always the same - pinkneck pontification cliche.

-JT

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941almost 3 years ago

Very well written and crafted story, hope you continue to follow your craft.5 plus stars

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 3 years ago

Very good. It feels like I know everyone in the story. 5 stars.

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

Nothing much. You know everyone in the story because most of them are quite stereotypical characters. Not a bad story, just meandering a lot and no particular plot to speak of. These two authors are docudrama writers, they are rarely able to create any excitement in their stories..

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 3 years agoAuthor

to dark2donut2

In the past week you've left comments on four of our stories; each comment telling us how much you dislike our characters, plot, etc. or how we should have told our story. Get a life. If you don't enjoy our stories, stop reading them.

As another commentator recently stated, you haven't written a thing, but continue to tell others how to write. Try it, let's see how well dark2donut2 does. In the meantime - save us your piss poor reviews of our work. We can accept criticism, but your comments are hollow and reek of envy.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

Very good story, well told. I do think you got the wrong category as it is more of a romantic story than anything, Unless you have other stories tied to this one in LW. No real criticisms, there was a wor or twp out place the spell checker would never get. Keep writing.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

To BillandKate: ignore the negative guy. There us an old axiom, "It's easy to criticize that's why everyone does it." I found your story quite entertaining and refreshing with that appeal comes from real characters and not a bunch of crazies' running around trying to screw everyone. You sex scenes were ok also as I'm not a big fan of page after page of "mind" blowing sex. I do like a good BTB story in LW once in awhile and I love the retributions ones where the guy screwing the married woman really gets what he deserves. Being almost 80 I think the appeal comes from my first marriage of 13 years and two daughters when my informed she wanted to go out and "test the waters" putting it politely, and then of she qualified with "if it doesn't work out, can I come back". True story. Keep writing please I liked ignore the off the wall critics.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

5 stars - I like this story - please write more.

I am still living with the woman I married more than 50 years ago. Somehow these stories give me the feeling that there are very few couples that make it past 10 to 20 years. That is pretty sad. To me now, I would never marry again, it just seems to be too much bother. If you are happy together, just enjoy it while you can and keep things simple until you are not.

BeauReadyBeauReadyalmost 3 years ago
30 seconds

Other than the 30 seconds encompassing the unexpectedness, surprise and dangerous excitement of Trey having to kill in defense of another person, this entire bloated narrative is a snooze-fest of petty normalicy. Boring romance. Trivial. Certainly not LW material.

Not to brag, but I've had my fair share of good, deep fucking, including (apparently) reaching or hitting the cervix, but I cannot ever recall knowing or feeling that my penis had ever contacted a cervix. It has me wondering whether that is just another artistic license or do some/many guys feel it when their cocks bump a cervix?! Just thought I'd ask.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Yep you can feel it kind of bumping out of the way.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Re BeauReady

Been married 37 years. I often could feel the tip of my penis nudge something when all the way inside my wife. She could feel it too. We both liked the feeling. A lot. We really didn't like using a diaphragm because it prevented that feeling, we could both feel the difference.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thank you for this story about "real"/"normal"/"regular": believable people which provides a welcome respite from the typical LW fare. No Beemers, Chinese take out, or females with red hair and green eyes (less than 1% of the general population, more than 85% of LW stories). No career obsessed mc's whose every attitude and decision is either caused by or blamed upon work. And way below the LW average of seven showers per page.

Your ability to maintain easy exchanges between all of the characters regardless of social position promotes a shared sense of place, of continuity between the generations. The attitudes and decisions of your characters comes more out of that than from individual demands. Even the two deplorables are accepted for who they are and treated accordingly. Good stuff.

LWlurker

WillowghbyWillowghbyover 2 years ago
Wow! (Plus a nit)

What a great, entertaining story. Good pacing, and clear, consistent characters. Many thanks to a favorite author-pair.

And a nit: "Yea" is a cheer, an acclamation of enthusiasm. "Yeah" is a conversational substitute for "yes." Because there was a section of the story where "yea" was used many times where "yeah" would have been appropriate, my nit rises to the comment level. Meanwhile,

Keep 'em comin'.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBillandKate@BillandKate
Husband and wife who love to bounce ideas off each other and who enjoy the Loving Wives category of Literotica. We'll keep writing stories - some with BTB, some with reconciliation - as long as the feedback has been mostly positive. The Anom. gallery can be a pain in the ass a...

SIMILAR Stories