All Comments on 'I Only Have Eyes For You'

by miserybusiness

Sort by:
  • 16 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
this story

is very interesting, look forward to seeing how it pans out for the characters.

DC29DC29over 14 years ago
More please

This story so much potential. Can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
When Writing

A Period or historical piece, watch out. Nice try but Converse sneakers in the fifties? Bullshit. There were black high topped tennis shoes and that was it. Converse was unheard of until a lot later than the fifties. Good job writing though. If you want to write a period piece, model your writing after a writer named KK. He's the best of the best in that respect. In other words he wouldn't write a World War Two Naval Air combat story and say the aircraft flown off a carrier was an F-14.

ColleteSarkozyColleteSarkozyover 14 years ago
Can not wait to read more

It is a very good start. when it comes to converse sneakers they came about in 1918.When Chuck Taylor joined the company so you have the period right when it comes to the sneakers. I want to see what will happened with the young couple in the next chapter if you planned on writing one.

1948-1958

The invention of Rock & Roll. It was loud, lewd, filthy and everything everyone who feared it said it was. It was also a movement in search of a uniform: It found the leather jacket, the blue jean and the high-top sneaker. Interestingly enough, right about this time, the high-top sneaker was around for the birth of something else: The National Basketball Association.

I hope this help the next time someone wants to correct about the history of converse. I still say it is a good story and a good start.

OnlyByMoonlightOnlyByMoonlightover 14 years ago
Loved it, but...

I think the lead up was too much for the relativly short sex part. Other than that, it was really good. Its hard to do a historical piece and tie the history in, in a way that doesn't distract from the plot, but I think you did it very well. Some other poster has made issue about little details, and though you should try to keep the little details as accurate as possible, one or two little errors would be okay, since if you were alive in the 50s, its been a LONG time since then.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
great start

I liked it, it was an interesting departure from the usual stories. Can't wait to read more. Btw, for the history buff below, converse actually HAVE been around since the early 1900s and people were wearing chuck taylors (converse) in the 50s- do your research please! I think the author did a great job setting a historical tone with the language and whatnot.

C_frommnC_frommnover 14 years ago
Good Story

Now you need to Follow-up on how everything went for Tiffany and Brendan. did they stay together was Brendans

Dad the 1 who Burned the Cross?

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Great

Hi Loved what you wrote. As to the person who left a comment on converse shoes. They were founded in 1908 do your homework before you open your mouth

miserybusinessmiserybusinessover 14 years agoAuthor
thanks

i really appreciate the comments. they just made my night!!! :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Girl

i love all you stories i can't wait to meet my hot white rock *giggles* keep up the good work

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Good job

You got the feel of the period right, including the Converse sneakers, the malt shop, and a lot more. Nice start.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Thanks for a great read

I hope that it all turns out ok.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
Awesome!

Awesome read so far; you obviously did your research. Can't wait for the next chapter!

trinityx3trinityx3over 14 years ago
WOW!

This story was so good I nearly had a heart attack when you said the door knob turned.

AnonymousAnonymousover 13 years ago
Nice

Good start.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 13 years ago
Good start

I liked it for the most part but the constant repitition of "dollface" almost made me stop reading this story. Nice start though!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous