All Comments on 'I Should Have Been A Cowboy Pt. 02'

by Farmers_Son

Sort by:
  • 213 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A good break away

Great story, good pace, very enjoyable escape.

Ending was a bit flat, but did not overshadow the ride.

Nicely done

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice job!

Thanks for sharing it. I really enjoyed it, but I have to point out that Reno, Nev. made quite a cottage industry out of being the Divorce Capitol of the World. Most of those folks would be from out of state. Of course, none of this detracts from a well told story. I look forward to your next offering.

SAV12SAV12over 3 years ago
A REAL CHANGE OF PACE!

A REALLY GOOD STORY HERE. A LOT DIFFERENT THAN THE USUAL BTB'S. A REAL PLEASURE TO READ.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The towns are REAL

Anywhere you go midwest over from Manitoba south. Change comes, but hope lives long.

Thank you for your writing.

Norman_Sands

JonDoe315JonDoe315over 3 years ago

i normally only ready btb lw type stories but i am glad i came across this. the tall tales were so damn funny and entertaining that it made the story so much more better. great writing and the only 5 stars i have given so far on here.

LilacQueen15LilacQueen15over 3 years ago

Highly enjoyable story!

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Didn't care for the ending at all. The cheaters should've paid a higher price. 3 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I'm not sure what that was . . .

but it was kind of silly.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

I read this story again and the better ending would have been a stalking restraining order and take the kid away from her!

RanDog025RanDog025over 3 years ago
EXCELLENT 10 STAR STORY!

OKAY, I GAVE 5 STARS. EXCELLENT STORY. GOOD, REMINDED ME OF MY FAVORITE AUTHOR. EXCELLENT WRITING SKILLS. THANK YOU FARMERS_SON! THANK YOU!

jneric2691jneric2691over 3 years ago

Enjoyed the story! Kind of a good example of how a situation can end up being blown into legendary proportion. 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

InfosaugerInfosaugerover 3 years ago

When you came up with the two women on the helicopter crash site I was afraid you started an threeway loveaffair for him with these two. Luckily it didn't happen.

His former friends should have paid more for there role.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitover 3 years ago

Excellent story. The ending seemed contrived, and maybe rushed. Really, the movies could have been omitted - maybe a TV miniseries, but not more than that. I expected Jane and Casey to appear, although earlier, but didn’t know which would be his significant other. Megan moving was, IMO, over the top - it didn’t fit. I’d have liked it more if Missouri had followed through with being an absentee dad, at least for a few years.

jsch1947jsch1947over 3 years ago

I liked it till you fell into the formula. When Megan moved to Nebraska and you still introduced Cassie, the BTB rang true

Never, never, ever let the cheating bitch be honestly contrite.

You had 5 stars till then. 2 now

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

It was good until you threw in the baby and moving the cheating whore into his life again. How stupid is the author to set up the cheating whore with one of Missouri's friends? Ruined a good story! I wish I could give negative stars!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Excellent Story

Except that Megan was set up with Butch and produced a family with him. That tended to detract from the story line. Still, a most enjoyable tale! 5*s.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
My opinion

Very good ending for an excellent story

HKL

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Well played

I thought the ending was fine. Maybe a little too perfect but the overall story was very entertaining and that's all a reader can ask for. Well done Sir.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I really love this story. It draws you into the story and you can envision the landscape, the scenes and the action. Your stories may always be what I seek and enjoy but there is no questioning your talent skill. Smile. -starsong1977

ranec1ranec1about 3 years ago
Mean As!!

chur m8 awsum story

⭐⭐⭐⭐

jflindersjflindersabout 3 years ago

I liked the story up to but not including Megan's pregnancy. From then on my reaction was much like that of @Dlh143. A permanent completely clean break from the ex would have been a much more enjoyable ending.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

This was a pretty good story, up until the business about the "movie" cropped up. Then it took a couple of tacks that turned it into a soap opera. That, in turn, dropped its credibility and entertainment value significantly.

Accordingly, in the end, I could only give it an average 3* rating.

GrimmerGrimmerabout 3 years ago

Came back for a quick reread.

Yup, darn fine tale. Thx.

ZharKhanZharKhanalmost 3 years ago

Kelly is too nice. Should’ve taken the opportunity to shoot Mark when he was going through the saddlebags.

RubyRedLipsRubyRedLipsalmost 3 years ago
Closer to 5 than 4

I found this one of the most engaging and imaginative works that I've read on LIterotica. Were there problems(?), YES: 1. too little character development on Meghan and her lovers, in preparation for the betrayal 2. MedEvac helicopters simply don't go down without everyone in the western hemisphere looking for them, so it strains credulity to the point that it breaks. Beyond that, however, I was perpetually entertained, and, wonder of wonders, I even laughed aloud in a couple of places. Normally I don't care for the "allowing the life to become close again" thing, but in this case, it was such a well-written story,...so what!

jneric2691jneric2691almost 3 years ago

I've really enjoyed reading this story, and find that this one is absolutely the best! I've even forgot who wrote it, the title, and the fact that it is listed in my favorites. I looked furiously for it and found a somewhat close to it. That one was good, but this story is so much better. I like all your stories, but this is my favorite!

Thanks for writing it. Wish I could write as well as this!

Jneric

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Enjoyable story. Kelly was far too easy on his Ex!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
Fooled me

When Casey, and Jane showed up at the ranch, I thought you were going to go for irony, and give Missouri his own polyamous relationship with the to girls. Lol

Thanks for the story, good job. KS

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Good story. Gave it a 5, BUT, this is not remotely true: Up until the late '60s it was all too often the man of the marriage who came away with the lion's share of the assets while his poor wife and children suffered.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 3 years ago

I read it again and this remains an excellent story in both parts. In fact, you could reduce all of the sex to "He found her cheating on him and left." and the story would still be one of the best in this site.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 3 years ago

Talented writer, but I'm not a fan of the MC "running away" after he catches the wife/gf cheating.

3.5 stars

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2almost 3 years ago

overall I thought the story was very good.

I am surprised that he didn't stay in touch with his parents more.

They and the lawyer should have known that the wife was pregnant.

Also, if he just disappeared with the money in overseas accounts, she wouldn't have gotten anything other than what he chose.

I will accept the whole attempt at a 4-way marriage, but it did stretch things a bit.

BUT I loved how you presented the people on the farms and the rural communities.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Really enjoyed the story, but I have trouble believing there is that much open range available to wander around in on horseback.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

"I just thought he was sophisticated enough to be on board with it." - Why do cheaters always want to make it about "sophistication," or "maturity," as if those of us who believe in fidelity are uncultured clods or too immature.

\

"Mary would fuck him almost to death before Mark would suck him erect again so they could all start over." - Why the fuck would he want MARK to suck him?

\

"You just need to experience the love making that we all share." - Maybe he likes bull riding, would she respect his insistence that she experience before refusing to try it?

\

If Megan makes more than Kelly, why doesn't she pay alimony?

\

What would have been interesting is him getting into a polyamorous relationship jane and Casey!

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyalmost 3 years ago

I give you 5 for going with the story even though it was not what you originally planned. Life throws you obstacles in many ways and its how you deal with them that matters more so than the outcome

Dlh143Dlh143almost 3 years ago

Could have been a 5 but you left Kelly a wimpy cuck by him having anything to do with his ex. Should've just cut off his balls.. 1 star.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You ended it to quick. Should have built on the relationship with Jane and not his ex. Otherwise good story

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Lovely story but could have used another chapter to flesh out his romance with Jane. The build up with the renewed relationship with Megan seemed to be hinting with a reconciliation especially with the baby, that she was wising up to how badly she hurt Kelly and how terrible her bisexual poly relationship was for him and her. Jane just showed up about 15 paragraphs to the end with no real build-up. Not saying he should have gotten back with Megan, even with her having his kid and wising up I don't think it would have worked just because she was so self centered she didn't considering his feelings in the first place, but if he was going to have a new love it should have had a lot more build up.

BabalooieBabalooiealmost 3 years ago

What about the 3 million dollars he had?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Except for lack of ending, it was great. Loved the demonstration of ranching knowledge.

BSreaderBSreaderover 2 years ago
The husband is still

A pussy.

AbctoyAbctoyover 2 years ago

Problems with the last part of the story but still a 4*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Disappointing and rushed ending but overall a great story. Would have liked more of his healing, falling in love with Jane, and moving on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Entertaining story, even if it did get downright silly at what purported to be the end.

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

I can’t argue or add anything the previous five posters have said

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Good start not so good finish

anythinganalanythinganalover 2 years ago

As others have said. Good story. Disappointing ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Terrible ending. Seven pages of great reading and then two pages that are a mess. Sorry but this needs a realistic re-write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story of a broken man finding his way back without the BTB ending. I for one would have enjoyed more detail into the relationship between Kelly, Jane, Kellee, and Casey, with a side piece on the developing relationship between Megan and Butch. The abrupt ending left me feeling empty after the long piece detailing the events leading up to the divorce. Other than that, thank you for a great story.

nyteramblernyteramblerover 2 years ago

Will agree it was a great story even counting only the one sex scene. Also agree ending was rushed and incomplete. Still glad I read it.

desertdog43desertdog43over 2 years ago

This old cowboy liked it just fine. Oregon, Kansas (Gyp hills) & North Texas.

cvmawirenutcvmawirenutover 2 years ago

A splendid story well told. Hope to read and enjoy more stories from this author.

Virgo6Virgo6over 2 years ago
Enjoyed the story

When I was a young kid. My much older brothers used to haul me around with some old timers they coon hunted with. They trained their horses and mule’s, usually mules, to jump fences. They would tie up their stirrups and lead them up to a fence, much like you would to load them in a trailer, and they would hop over the fence. This would have been a useful tool for Mr. Missouri. Cutting fences was a sure way to lose your hunting privileges. Nice, story.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmithover 2 years ago

Well done. Always enjoy a good western.

inka2222inka2222over 2 years ago

Great story, cudos to the author!

jenellesljenelleslover 2 years ago

Well done. I've been told, "It involves people. Of course it's complicated." Marvelous well crafted story.

MeAReader2MeAReader2over 2 years ago

Really well written. Truely enjoyed this read. One of my favorite stories on this site.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Everything from Megan being 9 months pregnant the the end does not make any sense and ruined an well written entertaining story.

Kelly/Missouri walked out of his house and it was 11 or 12 months before they sit down to talk but miraculously it is Kelly’s child. I am willing to go along with a lot when it comes to fiction especially on this site but not when it comes to the natural biology of pregnancy when deal with cheating wives. Mark should be the actual biological father of Megan’s daughter. Any reconciliation after that makes Kelly/Missouri a stupid weak cuckold.

UncertainTUncertainTabout 2 years ago

Really enjoyed the story, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Very enjoyable story. 4⭐

It had some holes in it but then again it is a free fiction story.

It cracks me up how some people take these fiction story to seriously.

But to each their own I guess.

On and forward to the addictive story. 😉😂

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is awesome I am from the Sandhills working on ranches before joining the Marines and graduated from Cody, NE high school wrestled and played football in Hyannis and Gordon as well it is more beautiful than author description we call it GOD’S country and 90% of the people are just as nice if not nicer than he describes it’s great that someone put that area in a story as it is great area with great people 5 ⭐️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

American men are weird. A woman plays around on them and even when they do not go back to her, they still give in to her whims.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

enchanting and heart warming tale. I would have the baby fathered by Brooks to complete the devastated marriage 3some. Although I like the "Miss Missouri" idea, a true "Western Woman" Might have let Megan just go away, accept the divorce, not be pregnant and focused on Jane and Casey starting a local clinic and add a Doctor friend of Butch's needing a place to escape to.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

This is one of your good stories,easy to get into as it is believable,non repetitive and absorbing. I am going to point out a mistake that really stood out. Kelly could not have been the father as she was still carrying the child when they finally met at the ranch. Pregnancies are only 9 months. He walked out months before she was pregnant. You kind of lost track a bit,but none the less because the story was well written and good it can be overlooked. I only picked up on it as realism is paramount in fiction to me (fiction does not sail if not plausible). Also after reading a couple of stinkers by you I was happy to see something good again. thanks....5 stars.

Nothingman83Nothingman83about 2 years ago

Sometimes, simple is the best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I loved the whole story.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Decent

Decent story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I just spent 5 hours reading this at work,,, I couldn’t put it down. Excellent!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great start but shit ending.

oldtwitoldtwitalmost 2 years ago

Oh Oh that’s such a bad ending, the plot was a good idea but you fluffed it out too much, got boring him being such a good person.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

This is a good enjoyable story and that is what readers like myself hope for.No more need to be said...4 stars....plus an additional star for not ruining it....JZK

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Good story BUT Megan and the Brooks' got off far too lightly. Introducing the child was also unnecessary.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, but the bit about having to file for divorce in your home state is total baloney. The city of Reno, Nev. created a cottage industry out of divorce. They changed the laws so that residency could be established in 6 weeks. Once you were a resident, you could file for divorce. You could live your 6 weeks in an apartment or at a dude ranch, it made no difference.

SsacamSsacamover 1 year ago

This was a great story! It was fun to see where Missouri would end up next.

Great Job.

LoejtcLoejtcover 1 year ago

When the sentence "The man and woman were agents for a cable network that specialized in cheating spouse" was written and from that point forward, the story went completely off the tracks. I down rated it a point. What an awful, nonsensical ending to an interesting story. BS on top of BS.

Why couldn't the author leave well enough alone?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

An enjoyable modern western, not to acrimonious or preachy. Thanks.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 1 year ago

Read again. Great story though I don’t know why you hooked him up with another bi woman

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

On the other side of bad. This was awful

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really liked this story. It was one that I could envision myself in.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just finished the 2nd portion of the tale........great read! Thought that the ending was a "bit quick" and maybe could have used a bit more "meat" at the end of the story.

Keep up the good work!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

If it’s supposed to be “The New West”, then he should have taken all three of them to “The Train Station”!

Barring that, he should have plugged Mark, left him for the scavengers, and taken both women as his wives. Polygamy works when it is ONE man married to each woman separately. The woman are NOT married to each other. The sexual intimacy is ONLY between the husband and one wife at a time, with no one else involved! No lesbians, and certainly no homosexual behavior. This fits with the way libido works. A healthy man wants sex at least once every day. Very few women have that much desire. It’s also the best environment for children. They get love and attention from multiple mothers, and love and guidance from a wise, respected father.

ZK

UncertainTUncertainTabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed the story, thank you.

Finn80561Finn80561about 1 year ago

Again, you write do well but no real consequences for the slime balls in this story. Not realistic. Never forgive, never forget. Fight and hurt a cheater as best you can.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story. I was riveted to each section

Keep it up

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I love this type of story and you did an outstanding job with it. Look forward to may more

Nothingman83Nothingman83about 1 year ago

I always love the stories about some city-person who finds redemption and love on a ranch somewhere. I read A LOT of westerns when I was a kid and always wanted to own a horse and be able to ride. My heroes have always been cowboys...and US Marines.

LoejtcLoejtcabout 1 year ago

I enjoyed part 1 and part2 up until the second half of page 4. The story should have ended with Missouri accepting his daughter and becoming a significant part of her life.

Instead the author goes off on a foolish tangent about movies, RV parks, clinics, a TV series and other absolutely inane meaningless trivial.

I wish I could delete that half page. Then I would have the story in my favorites instead of rating it a 3.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

5 stars! Thanks man!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Great, great story. Please let us have some more of your works and your imagination.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I love this story!!!

I'm in medicine, work about 4 months a year, but my real life is on a cattleranch.

Either you did awesome research or you have real ranch experience. The things you talk about are not in books.

Even better, there was no BS about the MC backing down selling himself out. He grew into a strong man with a solid core.

Christ, what a story!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Definitely worth reading. Thanks for writing and sharing.

WisquejacWisquejac10 months ago

Fun stuff. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Loved it.very talented author

UpperNorthLeftUpperNorthLeft10 months ago

A fine conclusion to this story. 5 *

ChopinesqueChopinesque10 months ago

He'll do to ride the river with.

Fine Western flavor.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The last page was chaotic and rushed. Bit off from the rest. Megan and her daughter come live on Hyannis? Megan severs ties with the Brooks' who clearly converted her to polyamory, before his accidentally discovered, but then she ends up with Butch, who by then I am sure knows about her damaged past dealings with Kelly, and her continued delusions until the divorce? Huh? Jane and Casey were once lovers but now friends, and Jane is recovering from her terrible injuries, but she is the one who ends up with Kelly, traveling with him around the countryside? She had multiple burst vertebrae. Sleeping on the ground? Traveling on horseback? Really? He goes to the trouble yo hide money offshore, then out of guilt for his actual daughter, gives Megan half of everything, but refuses to see her daughter at all until Megan tells him she is moving to Hyannis and he givers her a job to work with Butch on coordinating with the movie producers. Huh? Fine it is good that he has a relationship with Kellee, but isn't heo it played out just weird? Does he take ownership of the Circle X ranch, once Bill and Connie die with no close relatives or children? He was an investor / partner. What was up with all the high end housing being built on parts of Hyannis? What happened to Casey? Why didn't she make a play for Kelly? Age gap? Not wanting to get in Jane's way? Letting her try first? Again the story was excellent through first chapter and deep into second chapter. Then after their confrontation in the ranch house, and certainly after divorce hearing, it went off the rails. Was like author needed to end it but didn't know how to stick the landing. Got weird with many holes and seemed rushed at the end wit all the house building, congregating in Hyannis at the ranch, movie production for three, yes three movies, and the complex or ill advised relationships. Again Megan ends up with Butch??? One thing I liked was Connie's comment about exclusivity to Megan who was still delusional at the time. Also Connie's speech about societies and cultures have already tried the multiple wives/ multiple husbands relationships and they didn't work out usually. Statistics bear that out. New fangled polyamory is just a part of open marriages, including also swapping, swinging, hot wives, etc and the divorce rate across the category of open marriage is north of 92%. While polyamory has that new vibe, in fact it has already been tried and laid to rest many centuries ago in various cultures. Human pair bonding has been a big driver in human relationships for a very looooong time. Besides she was thrilled with the hot group sex and exploring her bisexuality with Mark and Msry who apparently were already bisexual. She might hot have had distant plans yo talk to Kelly, but was caught red handed as she had no idea he woukd be fired thag day. One of the comments in the story suggest that it was relatively recent that it evolved from friendship to threesomes. Probably the last couple of months. Maybe less. Megan reveled in it at the exclusion of her marriage vows and her exclusivity with Kelly, right when she became pregnant. And oh yeah why didn't she tell Kelly about Mark's vasectomy right away when Kelly blasted her for trying to entrap with another man's child? Takes all of six seconds to say. Nope she can tell Connie quickly but not Kelly. Huh?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I agree with the Anon. commentor from 4 days ago about the ending being a bit rushed. All the rest of his blather was just wasted space.

Thanks for the story, F_B, , it was very entertaining.

Five stars ⭐️.

Calico75Calico758 months ago

This is my favorite by this author so far. Very well done.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous