All Comments on 'I Thought I Knew Her'

by DG Hear

Sort by:
  • 143 Comments
vhasstvhasstalmost 2 years ago

Not one of your more compelling works, Dry, unemotional, almost just a recital of the facts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You have written a few good stories indeed, but as of late you mostly produce trash like this one. Maybe next time you could come up with a story about a "betrayed soul" who in his "rightful rage", took an MG3 and wiped out a school or two...

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 2 years ago

That wasn't just bad, it was truly atrocious.

1* for the worst story of yours I have read.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 2 years ago

This was the same fucking story, you hack.

And it sucked! Hubby would be the first person of interest since his wife's fingerprints AND DNA are all over two crime scenes.

If he’s from a small town and his parents are wealthy, what the fuck kind of small business are they running? And why the fuck is he an accountant? And why doesn't she just go to the cops since her husband is a fucking murderer?!?

God dammit I hate shitty authors who make even shittier stories.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Maybe he shouldn't get married again!

5

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 2 years ago

DG, I normally love your stories but this one really was poor for you. A smart, calculating accountant is not going to risk many years, maybe life in prison just to stay with a betraying gold digging cheating wife. First, his family and he himself would be protected by an IRON CLAD prenuptial agreement, and there would probably be an infidelity clause in there that penalizes the cheater. Second, he would have taken video when he caught her, got evidence of the make, model, license plate of the cheater's car, and if possible gotten a picture also of the guy's driver's license. Then he would have gotten a very good divorce lawyer and divorced her after a PI got more evidence. Lastly he would have lived life much better than her. Maybe, if he could get away with it he would have trashed her reputation, and made it known publicly that she was a cheating gold digger, but he would protect himself to make sure she couldn't sue him later. Killing 2 people to stay together with her is insane and stupid. Yes, it is a nice BTB, but totally unrealistic and stupid. He also could harm her employment since I would think any reliable real estate firm would not want their agent having sex in a house that they were showing - could lead to some very negative publicity. I look forward to your future stories, and I'm going to assume this one was just a bad, unfiltered idea.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Honestly I felt as if this story was written by by another author. Not even close to your usual stuff

26thNC26thNCalmost 2 years ago

That was DG Hear? What a great story about a man who wasn’t willing to be a cuckold. You’re going to hurt some snowflake feelings with this one, but it’s a 5 from me.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 2 years ago

NOT GOOD.

There seems to be a recent Trend in LW stories that features these emotionally immature and sexually inexperienced men who are unable to handle sexually active and sophisticated women. These women in these stories appear to be smarter and more sophisticated than these dumb fuck knuckle draggers. These men are clearly marrying out of their league and what's worse is that they are so stupid and so obtuse that they don't realize that they are marrying up..

.

Not surprisingly this sets up a power inbalance within the marriage. In THIS story the wife is far more sexually experienced in sophisticated than the husband who appears to be dofuss and a chump and falls in love with somebody simply because they suck his dick. We the same kind of thing a few days ago and a long story written by GUMBO ( evil woman)

.

In this story and that other recent one by GUMBO the pathetically inadequate husband… rather than admitting that he is entire marriage can't possibly work because he is such psychological and emotional loser…. Deals with this by killing the wife's boyfriends.

.

In this really really bad story there are no kids… no businesses to worry about or split apart. And even when the wife finds out that the husband killed her boyfriend's she doesn't go to the police .

.

what a shitty story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Watch who you mess with !

jazzharpjazzharpalmost 2 years ago

Papatoaded! Fun I suppose (don't quit you day job). 3 is the best I can offer to a usually 5-star author.

I am glad to see you posting new stories. Keep it up.

servant111servant111almost 2 years ago

Not one of your best which are some of the really good ones. This one is just facts, no emotions no angst. Plot is linear and utterly obvious.

3 stars

skruff101skruff101almost 2 years ago

Yeah papatoads story was crap as well.

The hit rate for DGHear isn’t very high, this didn’t improve it at all.

49WIZARD8849WIZARD88almost 2 years ago

This was a nice and entertaining short story......

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A good read with a dark twist. 4 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Stupid and poorly writen.Using the word ‘gentlemen’ give me a break give up writing you have no talent for it

jasonnhjasonnhalmost 2 years ago

Normally, many of the Loving Wives crowd like seeing a BTB story. However, this guy is a psychopath. He's following his wife around and killing her lovers in cold blood and afterward he is stone cold about it. Yet, he "loves" his wife. The whole story is passionless, even their breakup. Everything seems like a business transaction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This wasn't one of your best stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Honestly.. not even close to your best work... I mean well structured and no grammar mistakes. Just didn't care for the content, maybe it's because I'm getting older and no longer a fan of people being murdered. But thank you for submitting it and hope you post more soon.

offkilter123offkilter123almost 2 years ago

Read like it was narrated by Benjy Compson.

Pasqual_ClementePasqual_Clementealmost 2 years ago

I am sorry, but I did not enjoy this story, at all. Here are three of the reasons. 1) While I suppose it is possible, I find it highly doubtful that Gary could get rid of all his fingerprints. While they may not know whose they belong to, they would be in the system, so should he be fingerprinted, say for a security background check, as an example, he would be toast. 2) A Holiday Inn would have cameras covering the entirety of the property, including the parking lot. 3) I would have expected Shelia to set up a way to record Gary's possible confession, when she brings up her belief in him committing those killings. Those three reasons are specific to this story. The following deals with 'fic that are in a similar vein as this tale. You made Gary a 'Mart Sue', ( That is a male version of a 'Mary Sue'. If one does not know what they are, a simple internet search will be informative). Having the aggrieved husband commit a heinous injury or in this case killing of the wife's lover(s) is, IMHO, as a reader, a lazy and easy vehicle to use so that the husband can get his vengeance. when I come across such a trope, for me, it lessens the quality of the story, greatly.

-

DG, when I saw that you were the author of this story, I had high expectations. I was disappointed. I still look forward to reading your future writings, as I still have confidence in your ability to produce fine content.

-

Pasqual

MisterMordinMisterMordinalmost 2 years ago

Very poor story. Unbelievable plot, stupid characters and silly finish.

Very poor effort from an author who has done better.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Papatoad stories are terrible. Next time try emulating a real author like Todd172 or Laptopwriter. There was no creativity to this story. Just a bunch of rambling about a cuck who didnt want to divorce his cheating wife.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

Minor inconsistency in story: "I learned she lived with her parents and drove to school every day. … She told me she lived with her sister, Darla."

It is just totally unbelievable that in any hotel one could carry someone to a parking lot and find a car via a fob without being seeing by multiple people.

All wife had to do was call the police and give them "Dexter's" connection to the two murders.

Notwithstanding the issues, I liked the twist of spurned-wife trying to get husband to do the dirty deed. What I don't understand is why wife would do want to have husband do it. Had she changed to a black widow? A little more analysis of interesting start could have been interesting.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

He was a bit of a simp for killing her lovers and not her. She's more at fault, if anyone. But it wasn't bad. Despite being a bit of a simp, he did choose violence when it comes to the men in her life.

And she, being a basic bitch, was terrified of him. She thought she could manipulate him, and it failed more than a few times. When he threatened to kill her, all her typical bravado instantly died. Like most basic bitches, she's a paper tiger. That made the read more than worth it. Thanks.

demanderdemanderalmost 2 years ago

I wrote a short 750 where the guy kills the wife's lover. They rejected it because of 'crime.' Dunno. Maybe here because it's all off stage. D

DoNotPassGoDoNotPassGoalmost 2 years ago

Good but not as good as your other work. 4 stars.

SunnyU2SunnyU2almost 2 years ago

Read original a few days ago, so this was welcomed surprised

Papatoad is a good writer. I wish he/her allowed comments so I could give him/her praise

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Why do women see it as "nothing" but sex, when it means everything to us? I took a human life and it changed me inside. I hate the new me and I regret it every day. It was in self-defense in front of witnesses but still, i took a life. Then i gave up my wife, suddenly I couldn't stand her. You wrote a good short story; pretty good detailing and it came across quite well. Nice job

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

357 stories and you still can't write. An oddly impressive achievement.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

…and he’s writing this from jail (fill in the blanks about how he got caught)

Very rushed and yet the first half added very little.

And still laughing at the Austin Powers esque visual of the ‘karate (judo) chop to the neck’!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

wow that sucked. He stayed with her all of that time then just walks away like that with his tail between his legs? She hates him that much she can have him investigated. She needs to disappear.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This seems to be a week for strong authors to repave familiar ground. DG Hear is one of the few still around here from the early 2000's, and obviously still has it. A couple things, though. A better proof-read would have caught the inconsistency between "she lived with her parents" and "...she lived with her sister..." SwordWielder makes a good point that the family probably would have insisted on a prenup. Of course, that would have made the story's premise, a retake on "The Fate Of Her Lovers" by BigK10, moot. Still, I like it enough for a 4.

QuickMagazine

lukeshortlukeshortalmost 2 years ago

I agree with servant111 except for the plot being obvious. I also glad you are posting new stories. I can't give more than a 3 for this one. It was just too flat and emotion free.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You are so much better than this.

irinmikeirinmikealmost 2 years ago

Four stars as well, as the twist was a welcomed change from the norm. Beware of a quiet man with spectacles on!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
"I don't know how I missed the signs telling me what she was really like."

Reality sometimes sucks, so a lot of people just ignore the ugly parts, like this character, and so many other fucked over spouses. A selfish arrogant guiltless slut like Sheila is about as hard to spot as a wart hog in a pen full of poodles. Love is not blind, stupid people are. If this character ever finds a loyal loving faithful wife it will be blind luck.

But the story was not a story, is was a narration of a story; a report about what happened. As emotionless and placid as the MC, including his recounting of murdering people. He is more mentally fucked up than Sheila. Too bad they don't get along, as they deserve each other. Given his sociopathy I wonder why he didn't just kill Sheila. Oh, that's right, he really really loved her. Crazy. But then that is the character you portrayed. Congratulations. And thanks for the effort.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

dg, you know very well that is NOT how a divorce works. The ending was so weak it just wasn't up to your normal standard. Plus, the little matter of the two deaths! If she contacted the police and actually told them the truth re the situation and her suspicions... well, it would not go well for the dickhead husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Only one problem, hôtels have cameras in the hallways for security . No way he could have gotten out without being recorded.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Linear, insipid, without depth or emotions. A recitation of events. Not one of your best.

DG HearDG Hearalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Wow! This is probably why Papatoad doesn't accept comments. Sometimes it fun to write a fluff piece without getting torn apart. I've read all of Papatoad's stories more than once. I allow comments to let the readers speak their piece. Thank you for reading my stories. I like reading comments, but are the insults really necessary?

DG Hear

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Gotta go with Bill Burr. Im not saying do it. Im just sayin I can undetstand

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Why did you waste your time and ours by first writing, then second, submitting such poor quality? Were you bored and thought you should write something regardless of how bad it was? I haven't been a fan of your stories in the past, this garbage simply puts the last nail in the coffin. I'll pass on by anything with your name on it. 2*

nixroxnixroxalmost 2 years ago

0 star - violence always gets a ZERO rating

However, I did give you 1 star to fuck with your average rating.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Only two stars ⭐️ for this one. Fairly unemotional writing. Also, I’m not a fan of unnecessary murder. Just divorce the bitch and move on.

onbothsidesonbothsidesalmost 2 years ago

SwordWielder

Her prints are at two crime scenes. They're looking for a serial killer. If she gets like a DUI 20 years down the road, he's screwed.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 2 years ago

As the saying goes, “that boy ain’t right”.

Schwanze1Schwanze1almost 2 years ago

Has a bit of Poe to it, this one.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was so stupid. He carried a dead body through a hotel into the parking lot and no one saw him. Right.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Eh. Just didn’t do it for me. Too clinical, and your MC was just not likable…at all.

.

But is a sea of cuck crap, it shines. So…

.

3 ***

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

Did DG have his friend who's on the spectrum write this?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You should start a new category, Loving Dead Wives.

KRD19254KRD19254almost 2 years ago

DG this one was not up to your usual. This story is predictable and dull with no real crescendo to a climax or twist. Plus the CHEAT got away with philandering paying the price of a simple divorce.

\

One serious MISS --- his family is so wealthy they would have required an iron-clad pre-nup or the family wealth was in-trust that would give his wife nothing. Are readers to ASSume Shelia had this all planned since college - you imply it? And yes, Shelia could try to blackmail him via cops but there is no hard evidence just coincidences due to her CHEATING (that puts her at the scene of the crimes).

\

4.1*, Hooyah

Frank66Frank66almost 2 years ago

This was not DGHears' story. It was his son, still in Junior High, who wrote this....

Rolando1225Rolando1225almost 2 years ago

The story plot was interesting but not original. The narrative was lusterless and sounded like a psychopath describing it; very flat, very factual, without emotions or feelings, except his repeatedly mentioned "love" or obsession for her. It could be the author was trying to describe the story from a "Dexter" standpoint. It deserves a 4*. After all this story is better than the usual cuckolding junk so pervasive here. Thanks for the story.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Not a bad story. Gary's personality just didn't seem to match someone that could kill not one but two men. But I'll have to say that Gary sure as hell wasn't going to sit back and be made a cuck by a stupid wife. Papatoad is one of my old times favorites author.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nixrox will shit his pants on this one.

kirei8kirei8almost 2 years ago

Don't know why you wrote this story like a documentary but it didn't work for me at all. You are a very good writer but this one fell flat. Sorry.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Your MC is on the spectrum (Asperger's - autism), right? Perfect.

elegant caenorrhabditis

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

I agree that the story lacked strong emotions, but when I read, "They just kept on doing the same thing and it was getting a little boring so I left." I started to think that the narrator was not well mentally and perhaps somewhere on the spectrum? He is too detached. His love for his wife is more a matter of attachment or a need for identity than a close emotional relationship. Viewing it that way, it becomes a rather interesting story. I wouldn't want to be married to either of them.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Dghear, not your type of story line. A jealous husband who kills his wives lovers. At the end he did the right thing dumping the bitch. She was the one who deserved his raft. Gets away free.

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffreyalmost 2 years ago

Besides being an excellent accountant, he'd be great in a clean-up team. Thanks for the story.

secretsalsecretsalalmost 2 years ago

Probably should've let this marinate a little more. As a retread, it feels rushed, and takes away the wacky twist at the end, trying to play it straight. But the setup is way too implausible to take seriously.

t8ntliklyt8ntliklyalmost 2 years ago

Sorry, But that story from you just doesn't mesh with your other writings. Not one of your better works. 2* at best

RatchokerRatchokeralmost 2 years ago

"I learned she lived with her parents and drove to school every day."

"She told me she lived with her sister, Darla."

"After our fifth date, Sheila invited me into her apartment. Her sister wasn't home at the time. Even though they shared the apartment, they each had their own bedroom. "

All of that within four paragraphs. That's pretty sloppy even for a quicky.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The hero is fill of crap and so is the writer.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellalmost 2 years ago

Your game is slipping a bit. It happens to all of us but step it up guy, you have some good stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If I remember correctly, Papatoad had an interesting use for darts in his story.

I think including doom frisbees from hell would have been a great homage :)

5 for 5 :)

northstanderrhinonorthstanderrhinoalmost 2 years ago

I’ve had more fun reading a box of corn flakes. Sadly nothing to this story, no emotion of any kind to add some spice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Please learn to write compound sentences. I'll take the time to read a bad story, if it's well written; but no matter how good it might be, I cannot ever get through a story comprised of a string of short, simple sentences.

JohnD46JohnD46almost 2 years ago

It was fun. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

DG Hear has done so much fine work, but this story is a miss. Not any better than the Papa Toad version.

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 2 years ago

so his father tells him about women only wanting him for his family' wealth but doesnt make him get a prenup?

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 2 years ago

The door was unlocked and I walked right in. There was some noise upstairs, so naturally, I went up. Sheila was naked, riding a young guy with dark hair and quite a good build. I stood in the doorway and watched for a long time. She bounced up and down like crazy and looked like she was having a good time. He was just lying there with his hands on her. that was a slight problem to him? lol wonder what a big problem is

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 2 years ago

ok ignore the other comments this wasnt worth commenting on. there needs to be a "crazy murder" tag

ewray321ewray321almost 2 years ago

Not good. Shallow. Not believable.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 2 years ago

cucks get one star

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A fairly decent story. Doesn't have Papatoad's feel to it. Interesting stab at the end.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Stupid alpha-male machismo garbage.

tangledweedtangledweedalmost 2 years ago

I hate to be critical of one of this site's established legends, but this story wasn't that good when Papatoad (re)released it a couple of weeks ago (see WAG the DOG). Same dead lovers, same wife setting up coworker for hit. Are you guys putting us on?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The category is loving wives not murdering wankers. Shit story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The overall impact of the murders was less than expected from this author. It just didn't grab your interest without a reason for Gary to act like a selfish child who won't share his favorite toy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Okay, 3 stars. The potential of her calling was overlooked.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

YAWN, couldn't finish it, was it written by a child?

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 2 years ago
Interesting

Story sad the wife was so hateful

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This mediocre effort cannot be from DG Hear. I think someone hijacked his account.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 2 years ago

Not really much to say about this story, it doesn't offer a lot to the reader. So he has a cheating wife, kills the men and stays with her? The cops wouldn't find out about the wife and trace it back to him?

He is rich yet doesn't have a pre nups?

Doesn't make much sense and it doesn't read well either. I can enjoy a btb story and the like but this one was just too poor.

klrsnklrsnalmost 2 years ago

Not up to DGHear's usual quality. Did someone hack his account?

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 2 years ago

Two guys killed in cold blood (maybe warm blood) who may not even know she was married. Threatening a third, and We-The-Readers are left hanging whether Hubby got free by killing Sweetie or just his threat … the latter would be a gamble on several counts. She could turn him in on her accusing him as the double murderer. Also, he shooting (or poisoning) Hubby would be lurking. It sounds like her rebuffed attempt to draft the third (?) lover was a way to get Hubby dead!

LickideesplitLickideesplitalmost 2 years ago

Addendum … the format of having Hubby as narrator came off as a Sgt. Friday TV episode.

iammweaseliammweaselalmost 2 years ago

Really too much of a cut and paste with a couple different pieces in it.

Yes I know the story that ins[ired this but it was too much like the original to feel like it was a worthwhile read.

SystemShockSystemShockalmost 2 years ago

Probably should've offed her anyway so she wouldn't be anyone else's problem, but that would've been too suspicious. Also, you have to love how after she got confirmation that her husband is a killer, and apparently a pretty good one, she still has an attitude during the confrontation.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This story felt a little sterile. The protagonist appeared to behave like an automaton in response to his emotions. The writing and the plot were of the usual high quality, but I felt the characters were a bit flat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

When there is no reasoning the law of the jungle will set things straight.

Huedogg2Huedogg2almost 2 years ago

so the men she fucked are worthy of death but the whore isn't. SIMP is to good for the husband, he's a misandrist at it best. Man hating of the 1st degree.

GumpershnickalGumpershnickalalmost 2 years ago

Lacks the charm of a Papatoad fair. a lot of build that goes nowhere. no clever reveal, no comedy, no feelings induced by reading at all really.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 2 years ago

She probably could've gone to the police, and wearing a wire might've caught him. I mean, look at the evidence: she was showing the home where #1 was killed. Can't believe the cops had fingerprints, a description of her and obviously DNA. Probably a record of the home showing. Guy #2 left with her in the presence of her co-workers, and there also had to've been evidence in the hotel room. So, she goes to the cops, spills her story and wears a wire. Plus, Raymond can verify that his life was threatened. The ONLY thing that would preclude the cops being able to solve this crime is if takes place in a large city where they've defunded the police. Now, the officers investigating the crime are just out of school with gender studies degrees and identify as non-binary gerbils. THAT is totally believable. Great story, as always. Keep 'em coming DG!! 5/5!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Interesting story - glad the dude was able to arrange suitable justice upon the male idiots but author you blew it. The cheating wife should have been the first one to leave this beautiful earth in cremated piss jar. In all things considered, DG, your submissions and work is always top notch but you do seldomly surrender to the cuckhold bullshit themes. Once again, good work but as for the moderators on this site, those idiots are pathetic as hell. Complete buffoons and discriminatory as hell. Enough said about those losers.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userDG Hear@DG Hear
I want to thank all the readers who read and comment on my stories. If anyone would have told me 8 yrs ago (now it's 16 yrs ago) I would be writing stories (on an adult web site) I would have laughed at them. Thank you so much for the feedback and comments. It's what keep m...