I Wanna Mommy fo' Chwismus

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, what?"

"I look for sexy images or double entendres which they slipped by the censors. It's amazing what you can find when you concentrate on it."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Look in the clouds. Amazing what words or images are there, sometimes only for a second."

"OK, will do. How about Sunday afternoon. Can you come by around two? We'll watch a movie and have dinner. Not too late."

"Sounds great. Say hello to her for me. See you then."

Somewhat nervously, she rang their bell promptly at two. She had worried about what she should wear and after her shower tried on several outfits. Sexy yet casual was the look she was striving for and only when she pulled on some tight yoga pants and a fluffy sweater was she pleased. The outfit showed off her legs yet teasingly hid her torso and the girls.

Mandy opened the door and launched herself at Eve. "Yeah, you came and we can watch movies!"

Eve returned the hug while laughing, "Mandy, Hon, one movie might be all we have time for."

"No! Two or thwee."

"Amanda, we talked about it and I told you just one. Remember?"

"Yes, Daddy," she answered with a slight frown.

"But I expect you to serve me tea before the movie. OK?"

"Yea, let's!" she exclaimed as she dragged Eve to her room. She, along with two dolls, was served 'tea' while Mandy gave a running commentary on all things little girl including her 'bestest' friend at preschool and that mean Evan who pulled her ponytail recently.

"That probably means he likes you."

"But it huwt."

"Does he really pull it that hard?"

"No. But if he likes me, why does he huwt me?"

"Boys are sometimes funny that way. He doesn't know how to get your attention so he grabbed your ponytail. Maybe you can invite him to do something with you and see how it goes."

"Like what?"

"Do you have play time? You could ask him to be on your team or something," she answered as she caught a glimpse of Cam in the hallway listening in.

"But boys are icky! And what if he wants to hold my hand?"

"Some boys are icky, you're right, but I kinda think he's probably OK. And if you don't want a boy to do something, don't do it. Pull your hand back if he tries to hold it. You should never let anyone do anything to you that you don't want. Ever. Understand?"

"That's what Miss Cathy told us."

"Miss Cathy is a smart lady. Uh, I thought we were going to watch a movie."

"Yea, let's," she shouted as she dragged Eve into the living room. She smiled at Cam as he winked back at her.

"OK, Mandy, you know which three movies we picked out. Now the polite thing to do is ask our guest which one she wants to watch."

"Eve, you pick."

"Thank you, Sweetheart, but I don't know anything about them so I want you to pick your favorite."

With her favorite loaded on the smart TV, Mandy plopped down in front of the sofa while Cam and Eve sat next to each other behind her. Mandy's eyes were glued to the TV and she demanded absolute silence from the adults behind her. Eve was a little frustrated at not being able to talk with Cam so she ended up slipping her hand into his and would squeeze it when a suggestive dialog or event occurred. She glanced over at him to find him smiling at her little signals.

Once the movie was over, they quickly pulled their hands apart while Cam announced it was time for a snack. Eve was pleased to see celery and bell pepper strips with humus dip were offered which Mandy seemed to love. 'No fatty chips here,' she thought.

After the snacks, Cam told Mandy to go lie down for a few minutes to rest before dinner.

"But I don't wanna nap. I wanna play with Eve."

"Honey, I'm sure all your daddy wants is for you to rest so you'll be able to play after dinner. No nap required, right?"

Cam shook his head 'no' and with obvious reluctance, Mandy toddled off to her room. Cam and Eve took the opportunity to have a small glass of wine while speaking softly. When she needed to use the bathroom, she heard the obvious snores of an exhausted little girl coming from the bedroom.

"She seems to have fallen asleep."

"Doesn't surprise me. My only concern is how long it will be before that little trick doesn't work."

"Probably in another year or so a full nap won't be needed but even in kindergarten and first grade the teachers still have a quiet time in the early afternoon. Little growing kids need to recharge their batteries."

"I know and dads need thirty minutes to regain their sanity," he chuckled. "So, how are classes going?"

For nearly an hour their conversation zipped from one topic to another. They complained about the bozo mayor and city council's attempt to sell a favorite park for condo development and agreed with some of the newer laws from the state house. As he gave her more information about his job and responsibilities, she realized he must be highly regarded in his field and there was nothing sexier than a man in control.

That last thought startled her. Sure, there had been some primal attraction to him but the stark realization of his sexiness threw her a little. 'He could be worth going after,' she thought. 'I wonder what he's like in bed? Will he ever decide to come after me?'

"Eve, did you hear what I asked?" His question startled her from her own thoughts.

"Uh, no, sorry, my mind was drifting somewhere else."

"I'm that interesting, huh?" he said with a fake pout.

"You've learned to pout from the best of them, haven't you?"

"Yeah, little girls have it down to a fine art. Anyway, I was wondering if you'd be interested in another adults-only date sometime."

"Yes, I do believe..."

"Eve! Let's play some more," interrupted Mandy from the door.

"Maybe in a few minutes but now that you've rested, your daddy and I need to make dinner."

"No, you go ahead. I've got dinner already prepared and ready to pop in the oven."

"Goody!" Eve's hand was grabbed as she was dragged back into the bedroom for another round of make believe. As she sat there with Mandy, Eve realized Mandy was like the little sister she'd never had. Playing with her was fun and she enjoyed the opportunity to drop little lessons and bits of information in the middle of their play.

While Mandy got ready for bed after dinner, the two adults worked together to quickly clean up in the kitchen. As they were wrapping things up, Mandy returned wearing her warm jammies and demanding Eve read her a story.

"Brush your teeth?"

"Uh-huh."

"Let me see. Hmm, looks good. Did you go potty?"

"Uh-huh."

"OK, Eve will read you a story but it has to be a short one. She needs to go home and get her own sleep, OK, Munchkin?"

"Yes, Daddy. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Kiddo. And tell her thank you for reading a story, OK?"

In her bedroom, Mandy went to a bookshelf and pulled out a thick book with a unique cover which Eve recognized from her own childhood. It contained dozens of old stories and fairytales which were slowly fading in popularity now that kids had so many more games and electronic devices to occupy their minds. It pleased her Mandy still enjoyed a good story.

"What story do you want?"

"You choose."

"OK, give me a sec...oh, here's one that I remember. It's fun and tells the story about the littlest clown in the circus."

"Wead it! Wead it!"

"What do you say?"

"Pwease."

"OK. So here goes. Once upon a time..."

Mandy barely made it through the short story. Her droopy eyes barely kept open and once the story was over, Eve tucked her in and dropped a tiny kiss on her forehead. "Goodnight, Mandy, sleep tight."

"Night, Mommy," came the mumbled response.

Eve stood there stunned for a few seconds before she could even move. The remark must have been some deeply ingrained response to a woman reading to her. Surely the little girl didn't believe Eve was her mother, right? She knew Mandy wanted a mother but this, this wasn't some weird attempt to make her into a mother, was it? No, this little four-year-old girl was simply confused as she drifted off to sleep.

She quietly left the bedroom to find Cam working on some papers at the table.

"Asleep?"

"Yeah, zonked out."

"Any problems?"

"None," she answered, believing the remark about 'Mommy' to be nothing to worry Cam about. "Uh, I should be heading out. I've got a lot of studying to do tomorrow and a busy week coming up."

"I'm sure you do. Thanks for coming over and spending time with her. That's so sweet of you."

"What about spending time with you?"

"Huh?"

"Don't you want to thank me for spending time with you?" she teased.

"Of course, of course I do. Thanks." He reached out and gave her a brief hug and as he went to back away, she grabbed his hand, pulled him gently back to her and dropped a quick kiss on his cheek, which seemed to startle him.

"I had a good time. Take care, Cam. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Eve. Drive safe."

On the way back to her place she wondered about their relationship. It was obvious he was having an issue with anything physical. His hugs were brief, he wouldn't kiss her and seemed almost to recoil when she kissed his cheek. It was clear he was still grieving and probably felt guilty about any minimal signs of intimacy. Still, she liked him and could see herself getting closer to him. He was, after all, a nice, handsome guy who stirred in her pelvis a warm longing and he had an adorable daughter to boot. A girl could do much, much worse.

-----

Not wanting to appear needy, Eve had the personal philosophy of never texting or calling after a date. Only if the guy contacted her would she engage in such. But it had been maddening not to hear from Cam for two weeks after their last casual dinner. She believed he wasn't ghosting her but she wondered what might be going on. Her classes took up most of her time but in those few minutes at the end of a day, she would wonder about him, about Mandy and about her relationship with them.

Over two weeks from their last 'date,' if you would call it that, she got a text from him.

hi Mandys been sick

Is she ok

Y better

Flu?

some bug I'll call 2nite

His call came in around eight. He was very apologetic for not calling but Mandy had developed a nasty GI bug and even spent a night in the hospital for I.V. fluids. She was only now getting better.

"Cam, you could have let me know and maybe I could have helped."

"I didn't want to risk you getting sick. I'm sorry I didn't let you know but my mind was all on her."

"Well, I could have at least helped with your shopping or something."

"Yeah, I used one of the delivery services and telecommuted. Anyway, I feel bad I didn't even let you know. You must have thought I was mad or something."

"I was...I guess I was confused," she admitted, "Is there anything I can help you with now?"

"Uh, the doctor says she's no longer contagious so maybe you could come by tomorrow afternoon and bring some popsicles. She's come to love them during her illness."

"Sure, be glad to. What flavors?"

When she arrived the following afternoon with a bag of popsicles, she was engulfed by a pair of arms wrapped around her legs from a giggling girl still in her jammies. "You came! I missed you. I was supew sick. In the hospital. I got to see a big clown. And a faiwy! They gave me a toy viwus. It's way bigger than a real one. I had a real one. You know what a viwus is?"

Smiling at the girl's amazing energy, she nodded her head.

"Uh-huh. Super tiny 'n' they make you sick. I was poohing and poohing and had to get watuh in my vein. You know what a vein is? And they took blood fwom my vein and it huwt and..."

After hearing all about the stay in the hospital, Eve gently interrupted, "Sounds like you're all better now and I'm glad. Which one of the popsicles do you want now? OK, here, and Daddy can put the rest away for later, OK?

"I think you could say she's recovered," she remarked to Cameron who was watching them with a bemused eye.

"Yeah, the last forty-eight hours have been great. Thanks for the loot. I think I'll have to limit them to one or two a day otherwise she'll lose her appetite."

"Thwee a day, Daddy, pwease."

"Munchkin, we'll talk about it later. Now what do we say to Eve?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Thank you, Eve, for the popsicoos."

"You're welcome, Honey."

"Hey, Mandy, why don't you go to your room for a few minutes while I talk to Eve about grown-up things, OK?"

With her out of the room, Cameron looked at Eve with an embarrassed look. "You must hate me."

"No, Cam, of course not. Why would I hate you?"

"Well, we had a date and I didn't follow up. You probably thought I was mad or ghosting you or something."

"I didn't know what was going on and I'll admit, I was worried. You know, I thought we were friends and..."

"And we are friends, at least I hope we still are, and I should have never treated you that way. And I'm sorry. Will you accept my apologies if I wrap them up in a dinner invite?"

"Dinner? You know the way to a starving student's heart. Offer food and I'll forgive almost anything," she laughed before her voice took on a more serious tone, "But please, Cam, not again. OK?"

"I promise. I was so worried about her and...but that's no excuse. I'll do better next time."

"Good, apology accepted," she said as she went up to him, gave him a peck on the cheek and a big hug. He startled slightly before he relaxed and returned the hug briefly. "Now, when's the starving college student get her meal, huh?"

They made plans for the following weekend before she went in to read a story to Mandy. Once the story was done, Eve got up to leave. "Eve, come back soon, OK?"

"Sure thing, Hon. Just as soon as your daddy invites me, OK?"

He ushered Eve outside and closed the door lightly behind him. "Keeps prying ears from hearing too much," he murmured.

"What were you going to say?"

"I still feel like I need to apologize..."

"Nope. You've done it, I've forgiven you, well, pending a well-deserved meal, and we won't need to speak of this again. OK?"

"OK. Thank you." And Eve was stunned when he reached to her and initiated a quick hug before escorting her to her car.

'Maybe, just maybe the ice is thawing,' she thought as she drove back to her place, 'And it was a pretty decent hug.'

-----

Even though she was busy the following week with an exam and a big paper to turn in, she had enough time to return his occasional texts. She was pleased he reached out to her without overdoing it. On her last text before the date when she jokingly complained she didn't have anything nice to wear, she was thrilled at his response.

you'd look good in potato sack

Maybe he was interested in her after all!

Dinner was very nice, not quite as fancy as the last time but still good and enjoyable. She allowed herself a second glass of wine which loosened her inhibitions until she was joking and laughing with him while enjoying every second. After they ate, he invited her for a drive up to Artist's Point, a lookout over the city. There they sat on a park bench and looked down at the city as they talked. It was fairly brisk out and she snuggled up to him until he put his arm around her. It didn't provide much body warmth but it certainly warmed her soul.

Eventually the cold got to them both and they reluctantly drove back down to the city and to her place. He escorted her to the door and she, with some trepidation, asked, "Would you like to come in for a few minutes?"

"Ah, probably not. The sitter wanted me back pretty early and I really ought to head out. Maybe next time?"

"Sure," she answered with a bit of disappointment in her heart, "That'd be nice."

But as she wasn't to be dissuaded from her goal for the evening, she took his hands in hers and moved closer until her face was close to his.

"Cam," she said softly, "I'm going to kiss you."

"Ah, well, you see..."

"Nope, no getting out of it," she whispered as her lips neared his. The kiss was warm, sweet and, to her thinking, too short but it was a start. He seemed tense at first but after a few seconds he relaxed and seemed to participate.

"See? Not too painful, was it?"

"No, nice, but it's the first time since...well...you know."

"I'm sure it must be hard for you and if it's too much, please let me know. But I'm fond of you, Cam, and I wanted that kiss. And, quite frankly, I'd like another."

After a second, quicker kiss, they broke apart, he thanked her for the evening and promised to keep in touch.

And that was the beginning of their regular dating. Nearly every weekend when she wasn't overloaded with class work, they went out together. Sometimes it was a family event such as a picnic or a trip outside the city and on those dates, they were very careful not to show any physical affection in front of Mandy. On their solo dates they became slowly closer until kissing and even some light necking was routine.

During the summer Eve got a temporary job working at a low-income clinic helping with the phones, rooming patients and being a general all-around assistant. Even though it wasn't that challenging, she loved the work and the pay. It was four long days of work each week and she enjoyed the freedom of three free days. She even took Mandy on a few girl-girl events leaving Cameron to do his usual work.

She had been going out with him for over six months when she realized their physical relationship hadn't progressed much beyond their make-out sessions. And she wanted more. Cameron was an amazingly handsome guy who checked a lot of boxes on her list: smart, friendly, devoted to his daughter, financially comfortable, politically similar; the list went on and on. But, she realized, he was still grieving and probably feeling guilty about their growing closeness.

When he told her Mandy was going to spend a week with his mother in a nearby town, Eve knew the time and opportunity was ripe for their physical relationship to move further. She decided she'd lead the way and if he balked, she'd have her answer and would have to back away.

"Do you have any plans for when she's gone?"

"I might do a little work around the house. I dunno."

"All work and no play make Cam a dull, dull boy."

"Oh, I definitely planned on going out with you, if you'll agree."

"Of course, I'll agree. Let's do something nice, OK?"

"Sure. Uh, why don't you plan it? Surprise me."

"I, uh, I've got some financial concerns and..."

"You plan it and I'll pay."

"You sure?"

"Uh-huh."

"Good, a quick flight to Paris for dinner and then back. Sounds good, doesn't it?" she laughed.

"Within reason!"

"I know, I'm just teasing. Let me think of something local and maybe I'll surprise you."

"Sounds good. She'll leave next Friday afternoon and after that, you're in charge."

For the next few days, she thought about her options. She wanted something special and not too expensive yet something which could make it easier to seduce him. She had spent time online looking for the perfect idea when it jumped off the screen and shouted, 'This is the perfect date.'

After calling and making the reservations, she decided to play it coy and not tell him right away. She informed him they'd be getting together Saturday afternoon. "And you'll need some casual clothes for walking and a change for a nice dinner."

"Now you've got my curiosity going. Will it be expensive? Where are we going, anyway?"

"Uh-uh, not telling you just yet. We'll have a good time, I'm sure. And their prices are a third off on Saturdays." At least she hoped they would have a good time.

On Saturday, when he picked her up, he made no comment about her carry-on bag and she noted he had a small bag and some clothes hanging in the back seat. They kissed warmly in the car before settling in for the drive.

"Where to?"

"Follow the instructions from my phone. You'll see when we get there."