All Comments on 'I Want You to Seduce My Husband Ch. 06'

by Yesarub

Sort by:
  • 10 Comments
sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Category

This is the sixth chapter and the FOURTH category for this story. I can't speak for the other categories, but in my experience LW readers don't appreciate having to read back in other categories to get up to speed.

Good luck.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 5 years ago
Hi Yesarub: Sweet brevity the soul of wit

Hath graced this little skanky skit

It blew in from who knows where

With cast not worthy of our care

To put it here was kind of wrong

But it's OK it wasn't long

Thanks for trying

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Sorry

I'm not searching every genre to follow.your story. Just not worth it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Bring it on!

This is certainly headed toward a trainwreck. Marriages may die, friendships lost. People will feel pain.

The writing is good but the story is better. Hot, steamy sex, beautiful bodies, lies and deceit all wrapped up in Suburbia.

You are the author and own the story and the characters. Do with them what you will. There are several twists and turns possible. Don't do something predictable or safe or write a quick, convenient ending. So no cancer or car crashes, please.

R.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Love this

Another awesome chapter can’t wait for the next chapter

YesarubYesarubalmost 5 years agoAuthor
Thank you for the Feedback

As always, I thank my Gentle Readers for their thoughtful feedback. I read every comment and every email, and do take all the advice you give me to heart. It's clear that I've lost a few of you because I choose to file stories in different categories.

I've always thought that categories are for the stories themselves, not the overall theme of a continuing series. The theme for the "Seduce My Husband" series is cheating and betrayal. It fits best in a Loving Wives category. But I know some readers might be turned off by an Anal or Interracial chapter, and may not wish to read those installments, so I use categories to place them appropriately.

I'll try to be more consistent in placing these in Loving Wives going forward, but won't hesitate to put them in a different category, if that feels more appropriate. I'm doing this to protect the tastes of some readers, not hide stories from you.

I also do it to grow an audience. There are some Literotica fans who only read from a specific category. Writing a chapter for their specific interests and putting it in their section is my way of introducing them to the series.

I didn't consider how bothersome this was to some of you, and I'll try to keep the flavor of the stories in one category. But sometimes, my Muse gets the best of me, and she sends my writing it completely unexpected directions. My apologies for when that happens.

If you're finding it difficult to find the stories in different categories, consider using the Favorite Author feature. I find it very helpful in following the various writers whose work I want to keep tabs on.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@Yesarub

"But I know some readers might be turned off by an Anal or Interracial chapter, and may not wish to read those installments, so I use categories to place them appropriately." - But they're chapters in a story! How can you read a story skipping chapters? If each story actually stands on its own, then maybe they should simply be separate stories!

I don't believe that Lit has a function to group related stories, if you feel strongly against posting them as separate stories, maybe you should put an intro that it's not necessary to read each chapter in sequence. If that isn't true, then your comment about people not wanting to read certain chapters becomes meaningless, because they HAVE to read them if they want to read the entire story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
TO EACH HIS OWN

I have no problem with a series being in differing categories. In some series, where one part was Anal, I have skipped that part, or, as in this series, scanning the chapter and mostly skipping the anal part of the story.

However, to me this whole series would fit Literotica's description of Loving Wives; but it is no big deal to me for it to be divided out to other appropriate categories, as Yesarub has done.

In some cases, I suspect writers avoid Loving Wives because the comments can be unreasonably harsh, and ratings are lower. In other cases, maybe writers choose Loving Wives for the melee.

Putting a series in differing categories in order to attract new readers of that category, is not something that occurred to me as as a reader, but makes perfect sense from a writer's standpoint. If I discovered a new (to me) author because he wrote in "my" categories, and liked his writing enough, I am more likely to read another of his stories, even if in a category I would not normally read. On the other hand, certain categories I would not read no matter how great the author is, such as Erotic Horror, BDSM, Nonconsent/Reluctance.

Why someone would have trouble finding the parts of a series due to them being in different categories, is totally beyond me. All the chapters are grouped conveniently into an 8-part series on Yesarub's Submissions page. The next chapter is listed in the ending sidebar Also In This Series. All as it should be.

If two stories are related (same character(s), events follow in sequence, etc), but are stand alone, and not in a series, then I like it when the author notifies me both at the beginning and end of story, that there is a follow-up; or, if the second story, that it is a stand-alone followup, not requiring the earlier part. I can then decide to read them in order or not.

I do not like it when I find said notification only in the description on the Submissions page on a story that is twenty listings removed from the first story (which has no intimation that there is a related story).

People are different. This is me. To each his own.

Paul in Oklahoma

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: TO EACH HIS OWN

Maybe we have different concepts of "chapters." If I'm reading a story with say, seven chapters, I don't think it makes sense to skip chapter 4!

I can't speak for readers in other categories, but I THINK I can speak for most LW readers, if a new chapter of a story shows up in LW, and we click on the author to find the earlier chapters, and see that they're not in LW, we are unlikely to read them, and therefore unlikely to read the latest chapter. This is especially true if there are a LOT of chapters! Not too long ago the LW chapter was something like chapter 23!

djripdjripover 1 year ago

The whining about categories in these comments is next level! Thank you yesarub for another fun installment. Funny how they were going to do anal and instead just kind of got too carried away doing it the other way first. Let me just say, I enjoy that this series, while reveling in the infidelity, is light on cruelty. I'll enjoy wherever you take the story, but as of now I would like to see Maddy redeemed into a proper slut who can enjoy sharing hubby with her BFF, as a few bits have been hinting might be possible, like when she said she'd have spread the oil and Shelly encouraged her to continue. Ok, let's see what happens!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userYesarub@Yesarub
I found my first erotic novel in my father's work desk. It was a story about a woman, Penelope Candy (Penny to her friends) who worked as a love columnist at a newspaper, even though she herself was a virgin. As a teenager at the time, I was enthralled by her adventures. That ...

story TAGS