All Comments on 'Ides of March Pt. 01'

by cookingwithgas

Sort by:
  • 146 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If you're not going to end it then I'll leave here. You should have said that before I wasted my time reading this.

SystemShockSystemShockalmost 2 years ago

The children ruin any potential this story had. "I know your world just collapsed around you, Dad, but could you suck it up and not ruin our day? Thanks!" Annoying turds who only exist to be irritating and, I suspect, facilitate a RAAC ending. No thank you.

Also, for someone who chose the name "cookingwithgas", your specialty seems to be slow, boring, flavorless tales.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyalmost 2 years ago

A good setup. I look forward to more. Thanks

SwordWielderSwordWielderalmost 2 years ago

Good start. I wonder if you'll insist that she take a lie detector test to determine 1) did she have sex with "the beast" or anyone else during the marriage - and lets be specific and cover all the bases so Bill Clinton's technicality doesn't get a pass and 2) depending on the results of the test determines do they get marriage counseling or a divorce. Also, I'm sure a lawyer could go after that charity and ruin their reputation for destroying a marriage. Ms. Lewis should lose her job, and be blackballed from any responsibility.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I know this is a story. Let’s translate to real life.I have a concealed weapons permit. This would’ve been kidnapping In my mind. I would’ve been in fear for my life and the life of my wife. I carry an XP Springfield 9 mm. I guarantee you I will use it. Mr. PDSD diagnosed.You do the math

ManoBlueManoBluealmost 2 years ago

All that disrespect, it was boring how he kept just letting it go

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 2 years ago

He/We still don't know what happened... Call The Beast as a witness in the divorce, along with the magazine's representative. If nothing else, MC can get a gig on "Survivor, Pyongyang".

EZ8ltEZ8ltalmost 2 years ago

Unless you twist it so she did not fuck the dude, this should head to straight divorce. Half of the Raacs fail because they rush it with bullshit reasons, the other does because they make a long convoluted mess with bullshit reasons at points of no return. Nonetheless bullshit reasons, the two sides of the same bullshit coin. I also don't get why around 14 year olds get treated as below 10 in the lw stories. Someone around that age already has a mind of their own, settled or not, and they can decide wrong from right at least in these massive cases, and not act all stupid about it, so using them as a shield for plot moves is a no-go as well. I'll reserve rating with this until the second chapter though, given how organic it will be.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

premise is good, look forward to rest of story, but to not give your version of an ending would just ruin the whole story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Divorce plain and simple.

Burner70Burner70almost 2 years ago

Hurry up with it . And whatvthe hell is "soon" have that shit written and dropped next day

francemanfrancemanalmost 2 years ago

Small review:

the kids in your story seem too stupid and ignorant for 16 and 14 year olds.

Especially kids these days, with access to reality TV shows and other social media.

Do you really think that at this age, they have no knowledge of adultery, infidelity, consequences, separations and divorces (which concern 45% of couples)??

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 2 years ago

"Do I know what I should do?"

Well, it's pretty obvious really. Barbara abandoned him and the kids to spend all night fucking the famous guy.

Just like in "February Sucks" there are some marital transgressions that are impossible to forgive. Unless the husband is a pitiful cuck, he should start divorce proceedings immediately.

-

It also seemed pretty obvious that the auction was rigged. Billy Bronson was at the hotel the previous night to pick which woman he wanted to "win" the auction, then the obnoxious bitch running the event must've arranged the power cut at the precipitous time. None of that excuses Barbara from eagerly going along with it, but it does mean Billy (and the event bitch) are due some nasty karmic payback for seducing a married woman and destroying a family.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Put an ending dumbass and burn the fucking bitch. If you make this garbage of a story a RAAC then put it in your intro so I won't bother reading it. And don't make this an open ending for authors to write a followup. Your story your conclusion

nickbgbnickbgbalmost 2 years ago

Interesting start. The fact that there was a film crew following them around could obviously turn out to be very illuminating. A hot and high-flying time for the wife I’m assuming but how far she let things go in public… we’ll have to wait and see I guess.

><><><

Looking forward to the next instalment.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Guy write your end. Not the end from another authors.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written, but I will skip the next parts. Took me 45 minutes of reading to discover that he was betrayed, and to what extent, I don’t know. The writer admits that he hasn’t finished writing the story nor does he have an ending.

Nothing submitted to this site is Shakespeare, so please just submit a completed story. If the readers want to read it in chunks, they will figure out how to stop reading and pick it up in a week or two.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good or even very good, up until the author’s closing comments. Finish your own story. Give others permission to change or add to the ending, but have the guts to finish it yourself.

servant111servant111almost 2 years ago

hate cliffhangers... from what you have here..she obviously preplanned the whole thing...probably paid to have the power shut off... So like the original...there is absolutely no way this goes other than a BTB or a wimp cuckold ending... Hope it is the former...cause this bitch is even worse than Linda in the original tale.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyalmost 2 years ago

What a skank....I woulda tried to kneecap ol Billy.... See how that helps his career

Hiram325Hiram325almost 2 years ago

Divorce the cheating bitch...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well since this must have happened in February... ask Linda how it ends

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Can't wait for #2

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Wife awed and whisked away by pro-athlete, husband left to stew. Pretty much a rehash of GA's "February Sucks". Saying that you are going to leave it unfinished for others to complete comes across as "I'm trying to ride on the coattails of GA because I want attention". Better to just finish the story on your own. As for the story, right now the husband is going a bit over the top, deserting his family in Vegas (which is what he is pissed at his wife for doing) when he has no idea what happened the previous night. He is already planning to move out and divorce his wife without any idea of what occurred and without any conversation/confrontation. More than one third of this chapter was spent on background, which has no part of the story so far. Unless they spent the entire night talking to the Giant's PR team about how she can do graphic design for the team, there are so many many superfluous details that could have been eliminated that I lost count and no reason to have brought them up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A very good start just like February Sucks looking forward to the next instalment.

miket0422miket0422almost 2 years ago

Damn. I hate that we have to wait for another chapter instead of being able to read the rest of the story right now. Hope it doesn't take long for chapter 2 to come out

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I'll wait for the other two parts before I score, but so far, it seem that she disrespect her family, her husband, ran off without concerns, and may have cheated. Worst part, the 14 year old daughter seem to be leaning towards her mother's actions as being okay.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Intense. Stressful. Disturbing. Leaves the reader filled with suspense.

Exactly what the author wanted.

Kudos and well done. 10 out of 10.

birbantello1962birbantello1962almost 2 years ago

Please, please, please, .... NO RAAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great start on this variation of the Feb sucks trope. At this point in tne story, don’t know the significance of tne absence of any “I didn’t do anything to break my vows” statement from Barb —- even as he’s heading home alone. It sure looks like she played with “The Beast”.

.

4 very strong ****

Gmann006Gmann006almost 2 years ago

cant you finish your own story. If not then just leave it here

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thank you! I would like to see the other parts, including your conclusion. Hope you can post them aoon.

irinmikeirinmikealmost 2 years ago

Well here we go. You wll get the typical burn the bitch responses and a few conciliatory comments. However, the elephant in the room, even if you characterize this as: "only a story", hangs over the female lead in your tale. The heroine Barb is initially characterized as a solid parent and wife but yet would pull a stunt like this as your story unfolds. Away with her husband and children, she is so giddy that she talks her unwitting husband into allowing her to "BID" on a sports star's services for a night. NO solid married woman would allow herself to go down this path with her husband and two children waiting for her. Again NO woman, except one who is mentally unbalanced. I hope you take this fact into consideration when you continue your story. Yes I will read it to see where you go with the plot line.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 2 years ago

Posting Part one, with Part Two "coming soon?" No thanks, will wait maybe, since you're not even promising an ending. Inviting alternate endings is fine. Not giving your own is lazy.

LenardSpencerLenardSpenceralmost 2 years ago

Interesting aspect with having the kids witness what took place, as opposed to "friends". "February" from a different angle. I did notice that she hadn't denied sleeping (fucking) the arsehole sportsman. Just apologising for hurting her husband. Cheers.

GamblnluckGamblnluckalmost 2 years ago

You left out a few details. You said the wife was not quite normal when she returned but failed to say how. of course the husband is sure she fucked the football player on her overnight 'date'. But did she have the 'fresh fucked' look? Freshly showered before her return etc? still gave you 4 stars for this part.

Chuck100Chuck100almost 2 years ago

How you go from here depends on how you the story progresses. If you leave it here it drops to a 1. You stated you had a vision of what comes next have the courage to express it. If people don't like how you ended it let them rewrite the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

There’s really only one acceptable ending, let’s see if the author is brave enough. BTB!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good so far, but I have to say I absolutely hate open ended stories. Most of them never receive a sequel from anyone and leave the audience hanging. Finish the story on your own!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was a cliff hanger story that stayed with the basic plot of the original February Sucks theme. It will be interesting to see how the rest of the story moves while the thoughtless wife tries to justify her actions.

SDN1955SDN1955almost 2 years ago

Quite a “February Sucks” vibe to this one.

MigbirdMigbirdalmost 2 years ago

Bears striking resemblance to a well known storyline; cut and paste. Average at best.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 2 years ago

This is a good story and it's off to a very good start! Bringing the kids into the story places new dynamics on the couple and delays any difficult conversations as he struggles to behave normally for their sake. I like it and I'm looking forward to the next part.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Please finish it and let other authors have a go at it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5* because I am anxiously waiting for chapter II. But, I am hoping to NOT see a birage of takes on the story February got to be a little too much!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Feb sucks by another name, this horse is so dead it's petrified.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Give it an ending! There's too many open ended stories as it is. You can always allow others to write alternate endings and submit them afterwards.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This was an interesting variation of "February Sucks". I liked the way the MC was drawn, and the way he reacted. I was disappointed in the kids. They seem to regard the mother's actions as being no big deal. I hope in the next part the readers (and the MC) will find out some details about what happened. It would be best if you could work out a plausible way for the MC to come into possession of video footage of the wife and football player. For example, it could turn out that some member of the paparazzi managed to hide a camera in the footballer's room, and posted the video online, which is brought to the husband's attention. Maybe the wife lies and downplays everything, but the husband finds out she denied this guy nothing, including things she never did for him. I'm worried by your statement: "I have an ending but I might leave it open". For heaven's sake, please finish the damn story!

*

As an aside, does Michigan State really offer a 4 year degree in fire fighting? Don't mean to "dis" firefighters, but that sounds more like something for which one might receive an associate degree from a technical institute. Whatever. Hate those Spartans ;). Go Badgers!

Bh76Bh76almost 2 years ago

You lost me when you said you may or may not finish it.

TajfaTajfaalmost 2 years ago

First, really liking this well written story but please finish it with your ending. Others can offer alternatives if they wish to do so.

My thoughts so far are that we don't yet know what happened between her and the hunk. She was there with her children and gave no thought as to what they were thinking never mind her husband. We need full disclosure from her then a decision from her husband has to be made. If as suggested she had sex with the hunk then he has to separate from her. Hope the next part comes out soon.

lujon2019lujon2019almost 2 years ago

Part II coming soon. Part III? Well, I have an ending but I might leave it open to other authors imaginations. We'll see!

.

I can never understand why authors wait to write the rest of the story until after seeing how well the first part scores

.

Ive started handing out one stars in cases like this to discourage authors from doing this and encourage all other readers to do the same

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Please finish the story. Don't leave it for someone else to end it. Just Finish The Damn Story.

5 Stars by the way..

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Good start. Going to be interesting to see how he handles a very bad situation. A situation that for me is next to impossible to come back from.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You stole an idea and just changed the names. The wife in your story is nothing more than an unloving slut whore. If you love someone you don’t do such things. His only option is divorce or be a cuck and never being able to look in a mirror knowing he’s not a real man.

skruff101skruff101almost 2 years ago

So basically ‘February Sucks’ by any other name.

The way the MC is written it’s an RAAC, oh there’ll be shouting and hollering, threats of divorce, throw in a few stupid friends and relatives saying not to destroy his family ‘it was a silly mistake’ add a bartender or two with a lifetime of wisdom (if a bartender is so wise why is he still a fucking bartender), then comes the guilt trip from the kids because now HE’S the bad guy, yeah it’s RAAC all the way.

Dlh143Dlh143almost 2 years ago

Please God, not another shitty RAAC story for the next chapter! This one starting good. Don't ruin it?

shadowjack17shadowjack17almost 2 years ago

Sorry, man. Well written and a good idea but you lost me at Rob Gronkowski.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very well crafted and written, and I await the continuation.

That said, I always hate it when authors can't resist trying to insert distracting political statements into an otherwise great story that doesn't deserve the distraction.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good first part, however not sure I will read the next two parts

After your comment, the story in the third part won’t have an ending

AbctoyAbctoyalmost 2 years ago

Keep in mind many of us readers HATE unended stories. If you leave it to others many will miss the ending and you may end up with a lot of 1* or 2*. Good story so far but keep this in mind.

ibuguseribuguseralmost 2 years ago

Very good start. Looking forward to the next chapter.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnonalmost 2 years ago

1*, boring and tired.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Okay, if a bit repetitive. He's stunned so I can understand his not being all that communicative. He'll hurt his relationship with his kids, but at some point needs to do what's best for him in the long run. Kinda difficult to have your marital problems displayed in front of the whole world. Oh - it's NOT just a story. It's a life-altering docu-drama that needs to be discussed and critiqued to death! LOL!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So far, so good. Will see what happens in the next chapter. Good luck. It's rough in the loving wives section.

Tim_the_cajunTim_the_cajunalmost 2 years ago

Great writing. Characters were believable. Story was spot on. Please continue. Thanks.

someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

Reserving rating until final chapter. The "February Sucks" line of stores are interesting vehicles for exploring many relationship issues, even though it is highly unlikely that any wife with an IQ over single digits would act in the described fashion.

nickbgbnickbgbalmost 2 years ago

Considering the age of the kids in the story and the presence of social media, it’s a little surprising that neither of them came across anything about their mom and Billy online. Maybe that will turn up in part two?

><><><

If she has crossed the line it’s going to be a real uphill battle as regards a reconciliation. The dynamic of her husband being physically impaired and the man she potentially cheated with being a pro footballer will surely come into play. So a double hit on the self-esteem front.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

WTF: "Dad, come on." Mark said. "You're treating Mom like an outcast. I know you two have a lot to discuss, but please be civil, at least until we get back to the room."

The children are written as sanctimonious, moral idiots. Worse, as in so many LW stories the husband is again written as a fucking pussy. IRL, unless you really don't care about the marriage, here is no discussion with the slut. There is no "understanding" of the cold-blooded, premeditated, public and humiliating betrayal, especially in front of the children. This already shows signs of a yet another RAAC by a husband who cucks out. The idea that the "family" goes on "family" activities after she returns from her date is moronic. What a toxic lesson for children that would be in real life - do what the slut did and you can pretend life goes on as usual with no immediate, catastrophic consequences. Do you think anyone would "suspend disbelief" over something as absurd as that? A more likely response would be packing the children up and leaving first thing in the morning and calling a divorce lawyer on the way to McCarran.

Of course, this is just another February tale, complete with slut ray, but worse because of the involvement of the children.

phill1cphill1calmost 2 years ago

Well, at least you didn't use the title February Sux. Other than that, pretty much the same premise.

looking4itlooking4italmost 2 years ago

Might as well call it the ides of February.

cookingwithgascookingwithgasalmost 2 years agoAuthor

Everyone is in a hurry for the ending. This is a three part story, so don't hold your breathe. Literotica is currently 10-12 days behind in posting pending stories. You can all thank "that one guy" who seemingly dumped his entire hard drive on them these past two weeks. Who posts 32 stories over 11 days? Anyway, part II has been in the queue for 6 days and part one was just posted last midnight. I'm not submitting part III until part II posts. You have to read it in order.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I like it but also surprised social media wouldnt be covering it, especially about her being married.

Now there is really only one valid reason she didnt come back until the next day, she cheated.

Any normal wife would have called.

No sane wife would be gone overnight without know the consequences.

Frankly even if she didnt cheat and was just very stupid to not even call, how would she ever prove it?

And really could there be a lawsuit or at least socially shaming the charity even for preying on married women?

Cant wait for part 2

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Sheesh! Show your readers some mercy, 3,000 words and you still haven’t got to the point!

maedhros21maedhros21almost 2 years ago

Wow am I fucking blind or did you all just praise a story where the Author basically said he has no intention of finishing this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Note to the author...you're not nearly good enough to start pulling this Part ll coming soon shit. Then suggest you may not even finish it with a Part lll but beg others to do it for you. Or are you just begging readers to start ignoring your stories?? FTDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TnicollTnicollalmost 2 years ago

Good start. Concerned with author’s comment at end. That he doesn’t intend to write an ending? He’s going to let others do it?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I like the fact that we don’t really know yet what “happened” on the date. But hubby is already moving out. To the husband at this point it’s more about the disrespect she showed her family than what might have taken place during the date

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

First, you are a good writer, able to pull the reader into your world with your words.

You might, however, look at a map for about 5 seconds before making egregiously incorrect statements in your opening paragraphs that slap the reader out of that realm to shake their head. To wit: Muncie, IN would be about halfway between Cincinnati & the rural area east of South Bend. Columbus, OH is about 140 miles east of that point, and thus is about twice as far from South Bend as from Cincinnati.

Looking forward to the next chapters!!

xtc5xtc5almost 2 years ago

You start a story, you should finish the story.

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 2 years ago

1/5. Write your own story.

Wonderman1Wonderman1almost 2 years ago

good story obviously similar toy the other famous one but I look forward to the next parts and see how it plays out

lc69hunterlc69hunteralmost 2 years ago

Here is where she screwed up. If she would have been upfront and told him about her fantasy, and possible intentions beforehand, maybe, because it was a celebrity and a one-off, she could have gotten a hall pass. I would have given her one.

My wife and I used to play the celebrity hall pass game, though neither of us ever had the opportunity to call it in

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Write it the way you want, not to other folks wishes. I will look for chap 2.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Martian slut-ray territory again, sigh. Given the slut-wife's actions, the "discussion" is "When do we divorce?" The level of disrespect she showed him was apocalyptic. The consequences, on balance, must be disastrous as well. When you murder a marriage, what's left is to bury the corpse.

Decent writing with a not-so-credible premise of the Martian slut ray. The question now becomes, will the husband, who was just totally pissed on by his wife, and is filled with rage, suddenly turn 180 degrees, become a harmless little sheep, and reconcile with his tail tucked between his legs.

Because the plot is backed into a corner at this point -- divorce or reconciliation that comes with a total retcon of the justifiably rage-filled husband.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Authors who leave their stories hanging for others to finish should not write at all.

Husband comes across as a wimp and his kids as morons. The wife is the usual slut who thinks all will be well at home.

Really needs a backbone in this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Focusing on the start of the story...an injury and then getting stiffed by big business...and this makes the character more CONSERVATIVE??? Never mind the spinal injury, the character must have taken a blow to the head.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Please keep politics out of your stories. I can tell you are itching to go there.

Regguy69Regguy69almost 2 years ago

Very good so far, had me racing through it. She is in a bad place. How can she defend what she did? She could have gotten a phone from anyone and called. Her date could have ended at 11:00, but she was out all night. Even if “nothing happened” how could she possibly prove that? After the way she gushed over the guy, hubby has a right to assume she cheated. Granted she apparently didn’t plan the date, but the total lack of communication with her family is totally unacceptable. Can’t wait to see how you handle this. Total slut or, “his mom went everywhere with us, here are the pictures. We were with his entire extended family. I drank too much and passed out in Mom’s room, so they let me sleep. ...” not very literotica-like.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loved it boo he gets rec

Venge

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Don't make this pussy take this slut back. She will say she didn't do anything or worse it didn't mean anything, bullshit. Let her go to the football player, have his team do trains.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989almost 2 years ago

I think a little long winded in parts and a bit boring. I think mentioning February hurt your story and I believe it could stand on its own. Like others I can't wait for part 2.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 2 years ago

Don't leave us hanging, please!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

We (like the husband) don't have enough evidence of wrong doing by the wife. You can spin this story anyway you want, but you can't go the nuclear option yet.

Rocky62Rocky62almost 2 years ago

Woo hoo, get the lighter fluid for the fire

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 2 years ago

The story is well written, but it is basically February Sucks redux. The core plot is the same, the only difference is the kids are older and directly involved. The friends have been replaced by the magazine, but I the end it is the same story basically.

One thing I could have done without is injecting politics into it....I mean,seriously, having Barb cheat is something to do with diversity, or his wife cheating is because she has been with all those liberal writers..please spare the ppl on here that. If there is one thing that is obvious, cheating is not political, lot of the hard core family value types cheat as do ppl in the other side, not even gonna talk about the former guy...

I hope you finish this but I doubt it will break much new ground, it is hard to write something new with a tale so beaten to death like this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If the second part is written, why didn't you post it?

PeelercrabPeelercrabalmost 2 years ago

Once again the adultery and disrespect are obviously intentional and there is no compassion for the husband. I can not wait for his daughter to stab him in the back. All he needs is a good lawyer. Nothing she signed absolves them of their harm to him. She can not sue. He can. He signed nothing. He should have attacked them when they kidnapped his wife. In cases like this you do not attack the security you start with the women. The police would have had to deal with where his wife was if he had desperately tried to find her. Probably the first person he should have slapped and told to shut the hell up was his dumb ass daughter. So far he could do without his progeny. If they stay with her they should be shot with shirt and thrown overboard.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

don't stop now! I hate these stories that leave you hanging.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercookingwithgas@cookingwithgas
Romance novelist, under pen name K.L. Denison. You can follow me on Amazon, KDP and coming soon on SmashWords Like writing and posting free stories for others' enjoyment - often just to clear a writer's block. Real life can be pretty boring, so I strive to avoid the common ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES