All Comments on 'If Life Was Easy'

by MzMagicBeauty

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
kelleigh0127kelleigh0127about 12 years ago
Bravo New Writer

There is always a first time and I'm looking forward to another chapter staring Clementine, Gavin and Lavender. This was an enjoyable read so no matter what anyone says pat yourself on your back. You took the leap to join the rest of the authors on this site of the talented. Welcome.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Nice

Can't wait to read more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

It's a good first story, but please find someone to edit, I believe that you can find someone through Lit. There are so many commas and other punctuation missing and grammar, it will only make a good story better by getting someone to edit it. However I look forward to seeing more from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

You're doing great just a few errors but nothing that can't be fixed. My only problem was that it wasn't long enough. As I was getting into it...it was over. I look forward to your next update, and hope that you make it longer, and sooner rather than later. Keep up the good work!!!

MsBerryMsBerryabout 12 years ago
Excellent start...

I think for your 1st story -- this was very good. The character development/background is essential and you've laid down the foundation. If you are in need of editing services, please feel free to email me: sugarysweetness904@yahoo.com

donaldedonaldeabout 12 years ago
very nice start

Really good start to the story i can not wait to read more. It was well written and flowed very well. it is a great first posting

kalamazoo707kalamazoo707about 12 years ago
Congrats!!!

Congrats on your first submission! Very good start and I look forward to the next chapter.

mariasmdmariasmdabout 12 years ago
ah

okay, interesting plot. However, your grammar nearly butchered this chapter! you need an editor.

creepyrjcreepyrjabout 12 years ago

That was a very solid start. While it does need an editors touch and maybe a bit more length it does have solid characters and a very interesting plotline. Don't keep us too long in suspense mami!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
what the hell does gramma have to do with

butchering this chapter?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
I agree with the others,

your story had a nice plot and the flow is going well; however, since you asked for advise, I'll give you some...but always constructive, of course.

1. Your sentences are interesting, but at times too long and confusing because they are missing a comma. This allows the reader to take a quick pause in the reading to catch their breath.

2. Perhaps it's only me, but...there seemed to be a lot of repetition. Try to find words that possess the same meaning and use them. Rearrange your sentences if you have to and figure out what works best for you.

3. I feel as if this is the most important part of writing a story and I do it sometimes three or four times before I submit any of my work: reread what you have written. At times your computer won't catch all of the faults that your eyes will. For example what if you meant to use the word While (= whilst, whereas, though), but instead you accidentally typed Wile (= trick, con, scam)? The computer would accept it all the same even if it doesn't go along with the context of your sentence.

With that aside, keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to reading your next submission. If you ever have questions just ask and I'll try to be as helpful as possible.

MzMagicBeautyMzMagicBeautyabout 12 years agoAuthor
THANK YOU ALL FOR READING MY STORY !!

I appreciate everyone that took the time to read my story. Everyone that gave advice I'm taking into consideration.The ones that offered their help thank you so much. I know I need help with some of my grammar and spell check mistakes. And everyone else that just liked my story thank you so much . Love you to pieces. : )

Before I forget one of my readers had a question about the dance studio and about preschooler that I didn't put in the story.

If a child is going to compete in dance competitions that child can be in the studio 5 to 7 days a week to 3 hours a day .

But if a child is just there for recreation fun and just a after school activity then that child can be there for an hour up to 2 hours. The days would depend on the parent.

Queen_VickiQueen_Vickiabout 12 years ago
great

what a wonderful start honey keep up the good work.

Iread2relaxIread2relaxabout 12 years ago
Great Start

This story is really good. I can't wait to read more. You are very brave to put it out here. Congratulations!

MadameblaqueMadameblaqueabout 12 years ago
Love It

The characters are interesting and so is the plot. Great beginning!!!

emj417emj417about 12 years ago
looking forward to reading more, but

I am trying to visualize someone almost 200 lbs at 5'4" with 34 Ds dancing gracefully. Why is the guy fit, but the female not esp. with her line of work? I can understand being overweight, but to be realistic ain't nobody dancing gracefully carrying so much weight at 5'4". Good story line though--maybe there is a personal or medical reason that caused her to gain.

wildweasel007wildweasel007about 12 years ago

I like the story and i cant wait for the next chapter..keep up the good work..

honeybreehoneybreealmost 12 years ago
an interesting gem

Can't wait for more!

MzSapphiriaMzSapphiriaalmost 12 years ago
Good

I like it and I know what its like when people are trying to give you a grammar lesson when your trying to just test the waters and write for fun, but I like it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Good beginning . . .

I think that it is awesome that you are writing; however, an editor would help with the myriad of grammatical errors found in your story.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous