If You Wanna Be Happy

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Beth said, "Becky, maybe you should just tell him to stay away."

"Well, apart from the sex thing, I like him. He's a friend. He's smart and kind. He sent me to Todd." Turning to Todd. "You remember?"

"I do." Todd was seeing things here that worried him a lot. Becky was so emotional. Too emotional. If she was simply going to send Brad away, she wouldn't be crying. That's what he thought. What would make her cry the most would be leaving Todd for Brad.

What he said was, "Beck, this is the second time in a short while that I'm worried about you. The other guy was a jerk. But Brad? Not so's I recall. Maybe he became a jerk, if he's messing with a married woman."

"Todd, he doesn't want to cheat...he said. But he does want sex. With me. I can't say that I'd always be able to say no."

"Why? Is he so much better that what you have?"

She started to cry again. No other response.

After a minute or so Todd said, "I guess I have my answer."

Becky ran into the bedroom, crying.

Todd and Beth looked at each other.

He said, "Now what? I think she's gonna leave. And I'm wondering if we should just let her go. This guy will be around all year."

"If she fucks him a few times, will that end it for you?"

"Well," he smiled, "Despite my current situation, I'm not into sharing. I don't believe it's a possible long term way to be."

"We three seem okay. Now."

"But, Beth, will we have kids? All three of us?"

"Maybe. Why not? Burt let's get back to Becky. Perhaps we should make things clear....now. Don't fuck other guys. She knows that -- about just any guy. But maybe not about Brad."

"I think she knows. That's why she's crying. She's leaving."

Becky was at the door. She heard that last. "I AM NOT LEAVING!!!"

The other two stared at her. Beth said, "What will you do about Brad? Because if you start fucking him, you're leaving, I expect."

Becky turned to Todd, "Would you divorce me?"

Todd hesitated. He turned away. There were tears in his eyes, now.

He sobbed, "Seems.....probably. Oh shit, Becky. Just tell him to go away."

Now they were all sobbing, even Beth, who had foreseen most of this. They had a group cry, until Beth stopped.

She said calmly, "We don't need to decide anything now. Let's fuck."

Becky looked at her, and at Todd. "Okay." They went back to the bedroom, and each stripped off. Becky started on Todd's cock, licking it. Todd was overcome with lust for Becky, as always. Beth, too. She slipped between Becky's legs and started licking her clit. Becky was about to come when she rose up, shoved Todd back and mounted him. She bucked wildly on him for a short time, until she had a big orgasm. Then she rolled off, and Beth attacked her clit again. Becky came again. Todd watched the two women. He started fucking Beth from behind as she was licking Becky. When he came, they all were sated and there was a pause.

Becky purred, "Sex is always a solution to any problem. Good sex. No problem."

The three got up off the bed and went back to the kitchen. They tabled the discussion for the remainder of the evening. They had more sex during the night, and actually got some sleep. In the morning, Todd and Beth -- both naked -- started wrestling over a toothbrush. They grappled with each other, rolled around, and got worked up. Todd finally seized the toothbrush and thrust it into his mouth. "Hah..." Beth started laughing before she could try to get it back. She and Todd were now rolling on the floor with mirth. Becky laughed along, but it wasn't really in a laughing mood. She saw how much Beth and Todd were into each other. She thought about that for a long time after they all left the house. She thought about the dynamics among the three. She went over to see Brad.

Brad answered the front door. "Well, well. What brings you around, Beck?"

"I need to talk. I don't need sex -- right now. Just talk."

He invited her in. She asked, "Brad, suppose I left my current lovers for you. I mean, I want kids and marriage. Do you?"

Brad was surprised. "What brought this on, Becky?"

"I watched the two of them this morning. We'd had sex all night. And here they were in the morning, wrestling around on the floor over a toothbrush. They laughed so hard. They're obviously deeply in love. Oh...they both love me, too. But....."

"But somehow you don't fit. A third wheel?"

"Not a third wheel. If Beth and I both had Todd's kids, how would it all fit? Around here, we probably wouldn't be accepted. Nor the kids."

"Remember when I left you before? I thought you and Todd had something that we didn't. I was wrong about us. I just didn't know.....I was young. Since then, I've kicked myself about that - and I'm a soccer player." He smiled. "Well, you just set out stuff that was sort of what I thought then. Beth and Todd are more compatible. A better fit. You're a better fit with me."

"But, I mean, are we? It's been a while. I guess I...I'm so unsure." She gave a frustrated sigh.

"Becky, you know that, if we did get together, the sex would be fantastic."

"I know. Oh, I know that." Becky sighed and actually blushed, because she was thinking about their last couple of days. She'd never forgotten.

"I know what you're thinking, Beck." Brad gave her a lewd smile, waggled his eyebrows.

"You're such an arrogant......stud." She laughed. "I -- shit."

"I'd marry you, Beck. I have to go back to England when this season's over. I'd take you with me -- my wife. We'd have kids."

She jumped at him, knocking him back onto a couch. She kissed him -- a hot, long kiss. He picked her up, carried her to his bed. And he gave her a thorough, and complete sexual adventure, much like the one he'd done when he gave her away to Todd.

When they were done, he said, "Sorry, I'm a little out of practice." She laughed at him.

She said, "What now? I cheated." She was feeling guilty, now. But she knew that she'd do it again, if the chance arose. In fact, the chance did arise in that very moment. And she did do it again.

After the second round with Brad, Becky showered, and thought over what had happened, and what had been said. Clearly, she had broken her vows with Todd. In fact, she'd almost done that with the asshole guy. She believed that if she stayed with Todd and Beth, she'd cheat, sooner or later. It wouldn't take Brad. She was ashamed of that, but she was a realist. She needed to change her situation. The real question was whether she'd cheat on Brad. Given their sexual compatibility, she thought not. But she and Todd, and Beth, also were having good sex. And it still wasn't enough.

She decided to take up with Brad until he had to go to England, and then see what happened.

That meant she had to break the news to Todd and Beth. Did she want Brad to be with her then? Maybe not a good idea. She thought Todd and Brad might get into it. Brad would probably win -- unless Beth helped Todd. But whoever won, they'd all lose.

She talked to Brad about her decision, and he agreed that she should move in with him for the remaining five months of the season.

A little later, Becky unlocked the door to their house. Todd and Beth were cooking dinner.

She walked into the kitchen. "Hi." Her voice and demeanor were tentative.

Todd looked at her. Beth did as well. Todd and Beth looked at each other. Neither one of them had to say anything. They knew. Beth was both sad and happy. Todd was, for that moment, devastated. He froze, stared at Becky.

Becky said, "I'm so sorry. I'm sorry." She was tearing up, but not sobbing. "I love you both. Todd, I love you. But....I just have to do this. Brad and I fit. Like I don't fit here."

"You fit here, Becky." Beth was firm. "But maybe not later on, with kids and all."

Becky looked at her. She had a sudden insight into the situation. She said, "You knew this would happen, Beth." She wasn't accusing, just stating a fact.

"Not for sure. Hoped it." Beth was now starting to cry. Todd was still stoic, frozen, but with tears falling slowly down his expressionless face.

Beth and Becky looked at him, and they were both quite worried by what they saw. They both moved to hg him, and they both did hug him. But Becky stepped back after a brief time.

She spoke to Todd in a low voice. "I love you, my Hot Toddie. I'll always love you." She whispered this last. "Beth will take care of you."

Becky turned and ran out the door.

Beth and Todd stood in the kitchen, watched her go, and stared at the door for a minute. Then Beth said, "You knew it, too, Todd. Not just me. You, too." They hugged, and they sank to the kitchen floor. The rice started to burn. They both looked at it, and Beth took it off the burner. She looked inside. "We can still eat this." She said it in a matter of fact way, and Todd nodded. Luckily, they hadn't started cooking the salmon when Becky came in.

They cooked and ate dinner -- saved that third portion for lunch. They drank some Chablis. Neither of them said much. They cleared away, and Beth said, "Let's go for a walk." The walk was a longish one, again without a lot of talk.

As they approached their block again, Todd said, "I hope Brad treats her right. I want to kill him, but I hope he treats her right. When he left her, he seemed like a good guy."

"I don't believe he's a bad guy. I believe he's in love with her. And....I think they're a good fit."

"I hope so. I don't want to have to buy a gun." Beth laughed at the thought. Todd didn't laugh at all.

Later, in bed, Beth turned on top of Todd, and she halfway pinned him to his side of the bed..

"I'll never hurt you, Todd. Not like that. I'll never do that. Never." Beth was crying when she said it. But fierce. Todd knew it was true. She'd never hurt him, if she could help it.

The next time they wrestled, which was a few days later, he brought up her promise not to hurt him. She pinned him anyway. "I didn't mean it that way." She put him into an arm lock, and he gave up. She flexed, and they started laughing. It felt good.

The divorce didn't take long, since it was uncontested, and no kids. By the time Brad was ready to return to England, Becky was free. So was Todd. They hadn't seen each other much since that night she left. It didn't feel right. Beth helped Becky move her stuff, with the movers Brad hired. Todd was at the gym when that happened. (Beth had been winning too many wrestling bouts.)

Brad and Becky had gotten a license and were to be wed at a local Justice of the Peace office. A Friday afternoon -- 2:00pm. Todd and Beth also had a license. (Beth had made him propose after she got him into some strange wrestling hold. He didn't mind. But he was getting stronger and was going to surprise her on the honeymoon.)

They decided to get the job done as soon as possible -- no muss, no fuss. They went to the JoP office. The woman at the front desk seemed a little unsure.

"We have one set for 2:00. They'll be here any minute."

"We can wait." Todd said. They had just sat down on the sofa when Brad and Becky walked in.

Todd saw them first. He bolted from his seat. Brad backed up. But Todd didn't do anything.

"Sorry," Todd said. "Sorry. I reacted badly. It's just a shock."

"Why are you here, Todd?" Becky was puzzled. She couldn't see any reason for the two to attend the small ceremony.

Beth said, "We came to get married. And.....I assume you guys did the same. I...we...didn't know. We just wanted to get the job done. We're going to the Bahamas tomorrow -- making it a honeymoon."

Brad looked at Todd. Todd stared back. Brad was in no mood for a conflict, and he had always been a little ashamed of what he had done. He also saw that Todd had muscled up. He smiled when he saw that.

Todd saw him smile. But he took no offense, because it wasn't a mean smirk. Just an amused smile.

Brad said, "Did you muscle up just for me, Todd?"

"No," Todd's reply was terse. He wasn't about to tell Brad why he needed to get stronger. But Becky knew. She started to giggle. She looked at Beth.

"Better watch out, girl." She said it with a teasing tone.

Beth blushed. She was well aware of Todd's strength regime at the gym. She was looking forward to her honeymoon. But she started to laugh out loud when Todd said.

"It was a surprise. A surprise."

"I sleep with you every night. You've gained ten pounds of muscle. I always knew."

Brad was still puzzled. Becky told him she'd explain later. The official came out of her office, looked at the four. "Who's first?"

Beth looked at Becky. Becky said. "Maybe we can do it all at once, now that we're all here."

No one else disagreed. Todd almost did, but...what the hell. He'd been having a hard time staying mad at Becky.

The receptionist, who had been about to dial 911, collected the paperwork. Beth signed the witness line for Becky, and Becky signed for Beth. They all four went into the inner office, which had a rust painted mantle. It was a brief ceremony for each couple. Then it was done. Beth and Todd embraced and kissed, as did Becky and Brad.

The four left the office. They stood around outside, uncomfortable. Brad stepped up. He reached out to Todd. "Congratulations, Todd. I hope you guys will be happy." The shook. Todd said, "Likewise for you two. I do mean that."

Beth and Becky hugged. Maybe a little too long for comfort -- for Brad's comfort. Brad gave Beth a nice hug.

Todd and Becky looked at each other, and stepped toward each other at the same time. They had a long hug. As they were about to break, Todd whispered, "Be happy. Be happy." Becky said, "You, too, Toddie." She turned, took Brad's hand and he walked off. Todd and Beth looked. Then they left. They had a lot to do before the Bahamas.

Beth started thinking about Todd's new stronger build. She got aroused. She thought her winning streak might come to an abrupt end. Maybe a new kind of winning streak would come out of it.

That night they went out to a fancy dinner, and made slow love when they got home. As for the Bahamas.....all Beth's wishes came true.

1998:

Brad was the new soccer coach at the U. His English career had brought him fame and fortune. And Becky had multiplied that fortune, with some sage advice from her former lovers. Brad's soccer playing days had lasted ten more years. All for the same English top tier team. He was a good, not great player. But he had a knack for....winning. His career was spotted with moments when he had done something unusual, and been successful. He, himself, couldn't tell anyone why or how those things happened. But he knew when they were about to happen, just before. It was why he loved playing so much -- those moments when he was the main difference in a truly competitive match.

Brad and Becky were still married. They had two children -- a boy, Lee, fifteen. And a girl, Elizabeth (Liz), thirteen. They were both good looking, athletic kids.

Beth and Todd were living twenty miles outside the U. They were quite well off -- what we now would call super-rich. Todd's insights had proven very useful, in programming terms. Beth's help was good, but her big contribution was dealmaking surrounding the programs. Todd's programs were now ubiquitous. And they were paying off to the two, in huge terms. That was not a fact that was well known publicly. Neither Todd, nor Beth wanted their kids to be rich kids. They had four. Twin boys, fourteen, Rich and Thomas. Twin girls, twelve, Elizabeth (Betsie) and Mary. All four were big, strong and smart. (Maybe too smart.) They all attended public school.

When Brad was hired at the U., Becky consulted Todd and Beth about where to buy, and schools. In England, their kids had attended private schools -- called public schools there. In the end they bought a house about a mile from Todd and Beth's. Todd and Brad had reached a plateau in their relationship, mainly because there was an ocean between them. But Beth and Becky were in constant communication, especially in the internet/email era. And on holidays, the couples would have dinner when Brad and Becky came over. One summer the entire set of families -- parents and kids -- had a two week beach vacation at Chincoteague. So the kids knew each other and got along.

Todd had weathered all this, but he had never been comfortable about it. It rankled. Even though his life with Beth, family, riches, had been great, he was still sore about his divorce. Deep down sore. Sore in a niggling way, that basically ruined the together time set up by the women. Brad didn't have this. But he sensed it in Todd.

Nevertheless, the families were going to socialize a lot more. The kids were to go to the same schools. Todd could imagine barbeques, dinners out. Maybe even golf games. Todd had taken up golf. He had also kept up with his muscle routine, but added a whole movement portion of his workouts, when he felt he was getting too stiff. The four were all in their mid-forties. Beth looked good. Todd and Brad looked good. Becky was still beautiful.

Brad and Becky had not had as smooth a marriage as had Todd and Beth. Brad had cheated, twice. But only for a week each time. Becky had cheated once, but for a month, with Brad's boss. Each had discovered the other's mess. And each time there had been forgiveness, of sorts. They had children, and that mattered to them. (Although not enough to prevent cheating.) By the time they came back to the U.S., all that had been settled. But Brad was a famous and handsome guy, and Becky was just so desirable.

Todd was considering all this as Becky and Brad moved into their new digs. He wondered, briefly, what might happen if he and Beth made a play for Becky. He asked Beth about it.

"You want to fuck Becky, now?" Beth was incredulous.

"Well, I always want to fuck her. So do you. But I'd never do it. Maybe you might do it."

"I wouldn't. No.......well...no." There was a pause. Then she said, "But she is a woman. No threat to our marriage. You know. It couldn't be like what we had before. We were young."

They left it at that. They did nothing about it at all. The kids grew older, into their own selves, and six years later the youngest set of twins were driven off (as in the parents gave them a ride) to college. None of the kids went to the U. All of them wanted some distance, and the parents -- al four -- understood that. The closest were the twin girls, in Philadelphia, more than a two hour drive away.

The result of this was that the parents had some 'alone' time. Becky and Brad were a year ahead in that. At social gatherings, they spoke about it glowingly. Becky told Beth that Brad was more kinky. But she wouldn't say exactly what the kink was, or if there was more than one.

However, one day when Beth was at Becky's house, she found a four way restraint under the living room couch. It was made of sturdy material, and had Velcro. Now she was truly curious. She imagined Brad tied up. Then she imagined Todd tied up. She got hot. When Becky came back into the room -- she had been showering -- Beth tossed her the restraints.

She said, "Well?"

Becky smiled. "I've taken control. I love it. He does as well."

"I don't believe it. What do you do to him?"

"Anything I want, when he's trussed. I don't hurt him -- much."

"Any other toys?"

Becky went to her bedroom. Beth followed. Becky got a box out of her dresser. She opened it. It had a dildo and belt. For pegging. Beth recognized what it was. She had at times thought about pegging Todd when she won at wrestling. Lately she had won a few bouts, because she had taken some instruction in a form of Ju-jitsu. She could escape and counter. Todd had started taking those lessons, but hadn't caught up yet. He was still stronger than she, but not enough to make up for her training. Beth's attitude was -- what goes around comes around.

Becky said, "You cannot tell Todd. Brad would be mortified."