All Comments on 'I'm Angry...'

by Pest999

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
Pest999Pest999over 2 years agoAuthor

I love how people are leaving two star ratings, but no one is leaving a single comment to say why. I mean, I can guess why, I just kind of wish some of you that are reading this had the guts to say it.

Oh well. Next commentary coming soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

"had the guts" is an ad hominum logical fallacy. People could just as easily not be bothered to leave a comment, especially if they were not impreßed by what they read. After all, leaving a comment is not obligatory.

However, this piece is indeed a rant and, as such the author is as much part of the problem. It fits with the illogical comment: the black or white thinking, the categorical overgeneralizations, the inconsistencies of apologizing before almost gleefully wanting to offend and piss people off. Right .. open a dialog. Sure, whatever you say.

Anyway, try to get over your rant an anger, and try again some time in the future.

Pest999Pest999over 2 years agoAuthor

Nice anonymous comment...

The thing is, people flatly ignore when people like me speak up in any sort of polite manner. Further, people are often less than polite when people like me try to assert ourselves. So, I've kind of figured out over the years that, to get people talking, this is quite possibly the easiest way to go. Lack of representation, being portrayed negatively, and being portrayed as something you're not makes people angry, and people like me have every right to express that anger. In my case, I more or less wanted to put it in people's faces as to why, while leaving the possibility of a dialogue on the subject.

If my anger offended you in any way, I offer my sincerest apologies.

Just kidding. I'm glad it did, but I also hope it made you think.

TiffanyIsTransTiffanyIsTransover 2 years ago

Thank you for writing this. <3

Obviously an erotica site is going to include stuff I’m not into. But most of the trans stories are clearly not written for me or people like me. Most of them seem to be written for people who think being trans is a kink. It felt good to hear from someone else who has noticed the same thing.

Pest999Pest999over 2 years agoAuthor

Thanks, Tiffany! That was *precisely* my point! I felt like someone needed to say something, so why not me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

trans woman here, please stop stepping on my toes. when i try to make friends with people, it takes a lot of effort for them to see me as me, because when they hear im trans, they think i'm going to be like you. things arent great for transwomen but i didn't need everyone thinking im angry at them before they hear me out. this is an erotica site, and being angry at people for what arouses them is the worst way to find an ally. write what you want to see instead and show people the light you've seen instead of beating them over the head with it

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a pornographic fantasy website. The stories here aren't meant to resemble reality. They are meant to get people horny. Everyone and everything is fetishized here. The majority of all sexual acts, human interactions and human biology described on here are far closer to fantasy than reality. That's the point. Publishing your rant here is the equivalent of publishing an essay about how mice don't wear red shorts or have whimsical adventures on a Mickey Mouse fansite. Believe me, everyone with a functioning brain knows that trans people in real life do not act like trans people in pornographic fiction.

StrattonChambersStrattonChambersover 2 years ago

I’ve written a series of three stories attempting to do what you’re talking about here. They’re called The Girl With Something Extra. I’m not trans and have no direct experience with trans people, and I probably messed it up, but I did my best to write about a person who happens to be trans, and not about a trans person.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Thanks,

Been interested in trans ever since I read Man and His Symbols, on Jungian psychology around 1967/68. There was some information there about Eskimos, or another far Northern group of shaman practitioners, that wore women's clothing and painted breasts on their blouses...Been fascinated ever since. Trans people have often had roles as healers and seers who travel between worlds. It's another shameful waste of human potential. I wonder if the CIA had trans people in their remote viewing experiments?

I've never interacted with a trans woman. I'd like to, very much.

I'm communicating with one in 'Frisco,' (another one of those words we're not supposed to say.) She's intelligent as hell, speaks several languages, is working as an escort, has a fascination with the dark side, is afraid of serial killers, (and gives me the impression she wants to die at the hands of one.) She seems to hurt from, an enjoy, her guilt, embarrassment, emotional pain, shame. At the same time to revel in it and to crave excitement and danger, an again, to have a strong attraction to the dark side.

I was chatting with her the other night on-line and mentioned William Burroughs and she seemed to be interested in knowing more about him. I sent a salient article on his relation to Jack Black, stuff strong enough to attract the most addicted devil dancer. I'm trying to encourage her to write. She doesn't feel her story would hold any interest at all but I think it's fascinating, extraordinary, as we the people continue to dredge the depths of the id, hopefully to exorcise the worst of ourselves.

I worry about her...There are Filipino martial arts classes nearby. I've encouraged her to go and learn how to use a knife, as every girl and woman should.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

It's really frustrating that looking for stories made for trans people - under their own tag - is a "hunt", as you said. I also find it absolutely distasteful to dump it in one tag with crossdressing. It's not only "shemales" and "trannies" you have to filter through. It really couldn't have been designed more inconsiderately.

I'm so thankful trans women and allies for writing stories that I can actually relate to. It gives hope and comfort.

However I have some doubts about your method. Not that I disagree in any way. My only problem is that, the fetishists don't and won't, hear it. They really don't care, I'm afraid. The only people that read this and agree were already convinced before your essay. I suspect that, unfortunately, it changes nothing.

But maybe if more trans people and allies wrote respectful and tasteful stories here, we could gain visibility thanks to quality and quantity. I'm basically telling you to stop writing essays and start writing more erotica. I should do the same. Because if people get what you wrote, they get it. If they don't, I wouldn't count on them, in such a distant internet interaction, at least.

Then again, we could at least use separate tags, for transfeminine, transmasculine and nonbinary people, possibly more. They would really come in handy.

Bham487Bham487about 2 years ago

It’s the same with gay men. People say it’s just an erotic fantasy site so it doesn’t matter but that’s bullshit. Putting this out in the world in what ever capacity helps people normalize this treatment. We all know this isn’t real life with our logical minds but people aren’t logical in their biases and this just contributes to that. I think people show their true selves on here and it’s not a pretty picture, myself included.

bottovarnisbottovarnisover 1 year ago

well written! Thank you

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPest999@Pest999
Avid reader, budding essayist, transwoman, poet, guitarist, songwriter, raconteur. Just recently started posting a series of essays on being transgender.