All Comments on 'I'm No Fool April'

by kenny8560

Sort by:
  • 57 Comments
26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Hopefully

Hopefully there is a follow on story coming. It would be a delight to read about your date with Jason. Please ask him, "Jason, whose cock is this?" Then tell him, " Sorry, wrong answer. " Then show him how wrong he was.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsabout 5 years ago
So, he leaves his wife after 15 years, saying . . .

. . . that he’s no fool, but either he’s stayed with her while knowing about the affair for a long time, or she has fooled him for 15 years.

And now he’s going to emasculate a man who’s a superior physical specimen — or so I infer from the fact that his ‘best friend’ can outfuck him with his wife — but the wife was left with the opportunity to call and warn her lover. Not a good plan; he may have just brought a filleting knife to a gun fight.

He’ll storm into Jason’s house armed with that knife, and Jason will meet him with his Model 1911 Colt .45 automatic, and once Mark breaks in, armed, Jason will have every legal right to send him to Hell.

But Jason, forewarned, doesn’t kill Mark. No, he knows what’s going to happen, and plans it. That .45 caliber slug wil tear through Mark’s groin, leaving a gaping wound where his already inadequate dick had been, and the EMTs manage to keep him from bleeding to death. Mark gets only four years in the pen, but with no cock and balls, he becomes the girlfriend of the entire Aryan Nation in prison.

Unfortunately, Mark fares even worse in prison, as the loss of testosterone — his balls are with his dick, splattered on Jason’s living room wall — feminized his face a bit, and the Black Brotherhood and the Latin Kings all want some of the Aryan Brothers’ pussy. Mark almost escapes the prison riot, but one of the guard’s bullets catches him in the spinal column, costing him the use of his legs, only three weeks before his scheduled release.

PPPPP = proper planning prevents piss poor performance. If Mark had used that filleting knife on April first, she couldn’t have warned Jason, and while Mark would have been the immediate suspect, with the cash he took from their accounts he could be living decently in Mexico before the night was over.

mambrkemambrkeabout 5 years ago
Nice

4* if only for the rhyme

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
What the hell was this....?

Well, that was two minutes of my life wasted....a short tale of simply waiting for her to come home from screwing so he could tell her that he knew....what was the point? Geez, give us a real story......

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
I get it...

But why is it always the asshole seducer that gets punished?

Her punishment is to no longer have him? That's not really anything. Fifteen years?!

That's a long time of betrayal. Maybe a year or two and a clean break would be smart. I think 15 years and both the 'friend' and the 'wife' deserve to wake up in some remote bunker in a wooded and secluded area. They'd be fed and watered, barely. And they'd have to put up with w/e the husband felt like that day....for a minimum of 15 years. To return their level of friendship and support.

RePhilRePhilabout 5 years ago
Perfect “Drive-By” Story

Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago

"Machiavellian". You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Call the taxidermist

And mount those balls... you need to tell us how you got away with it and what she did with the trophy you sent her.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 5 years ago
At least it was short.

Why was the wife upset? The reader never saw any reason she would want to keep her marriage. A fillet knife is to a fisherman what a pickaxe handle is to a miner, assuming the writer actually intended fillet knife.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Short but sweet

Possibly one of the best of these April Fools shorts. Succinct and to the point.

gmann57gmann57about 5 years ago

Real emotions. very believable story. well done

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Wow! You Don't Often See That

The confrontation scene played for laughs. 'I have been spat upon'!!

I rarely giggle but I did throughout this one.

gabaagabaaabout 5 years ago
'And They Said It Couldn't be Done'

Congratulations. At last Monty Python meets LW.

Perhaps we should have a contest for the best use of 'My postillion has been struck by lightning' in the husband's whine section of theses stories. Problem is Harddaysknight would be a shoo-in.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 5 years ago
But will he follow through?

That's the problem with these unfinished stories. He sounds tough and determined but will he punish Jason or just drive off into nowhere and let them have free and unfettered access to each other. If he doesn't finish the job, he will be quickly forgotten.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
What more is needed?

I've said it before: knowing it and seeing it are two very different things. I don't know how you can find forgiveness once the deed is witnessed. Good story.

PolyLvrPolyLvrabout 5 years ago
Good christ that was bad.

Formulaic pandering to the frothing masses.

Thank god it was short.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
Feh!

Present tense? Ugh.

She's SO sorry, than why did she do it?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
A very good flash story

All said and decided in it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
this isn't a story

Flash or otherwise.

It's a vignette in a ridiculous Spanish melodrama.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingabout 5 years ago
Better closing remark...

"but April, I'll no longer be your fool."

Really not a story, its an opening scene.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
FTDS

Good start finish it.....

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
You call this a story!

Not worth a comment.

tazz317tazz317about 5 years ago
MOTHER GOOSE AIDS IN THE GOOD BYE

now to find Jack and his beanstalk. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Almost all theme and occaision stories sound contrived, . . .

because by definition, they are. April I'm no fool? How about, You May, or you May not? or, March to a different drummer, etc. Kind of corny.

Thanks for the effort. Would have been nice to understand the motivations and feelings of the people involved.

MightyHornyMightyHornyabout 5 years ago
That last paragraph, though...

Everything Mark did and said here was straight out of the 'Confronting-your-cheating-spouse' handbook, which may not make most of what he shout to his soon-to-be-ex-wife all that original, but, hey, that's why they're not original in the first place - call them classics.

But, as ReedRichards pointed out, him shouting threats about Jason, as he was walking away from her... pretty damn dumb. It doesn't necessarily mean he was going after his 'best friend' on the same night, but still verbally stating that retribution for his betrayal was fore-coming, something April will definitely warn her lover about... yeah, pretty damn dumb.

Couple of of things I thought about after finishing this story:

• So Mark and Jason have been friends for 15 years... but would it be more important to know how long did Mark and April were married for?

• The ticking of the clock, the taste of bourbon, the numbness the betrayal had on the MC... all good stuff, I guess, but how about telling the readers how Mark find out about the cheating and if he ever learn how long and why it did happen?

• Why exactly is Mark leaving? Why can he kick her out? It's not his fault that his marriage is over - it's hers! Doesn't sounds like they have kids, so why should he walk away? Is the house hers?

• Sure, he walked out... but he did clean out his bank account, right?

• As the phrase "It was just sex", said by an adulterer after being caught adultering, ever manage to make their spouse say "It was just sex? Well damn! 'Guess we're going to stick together after all!" and save their marriage?

This was not a great story, but, because I enjoyed the spirit behind it, I still gave it 4★. That being said, though, please work at building up your characters and settings, author - even for a simple flash, you left way too many questions unanswered here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
NOTHING NEW HERE

* Nothing new here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
@MightyHorny

Yeah, the "it was just sex" line is always funny in these things. I wonder if anyone tries that with other betrayals? You catch a business partner ripping you off:

"Nothing personal. It was just about money."

"Why didn't you say so? I guess we can continue doing business, then."

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xabout 5 years ago
@MightyHorny Re: "It's Just Sex"

Oh, I didn't know we had an open marriage. So you won't mind if I go out and have some "just sex" then, right?

bruce22bruce22about 5 years ago
Nothing like a bit of BTB

I do believe that I have read something similar before......

chytownchytownabout 5 years ago
I Am Glad The 1st Of April Is Over***

Maybe we will get longer stories. Thanks for the shortie!!!!🤨

enderlocke77enderlocke77about 5 years ago
i liked it

i liked the emotional writing u did here ty for the read

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyabout 5 years ago
Where is the story

Waste to have read this.

It might have been okay if you had bothered to write a story instead of a few cliche sentences.

No idea what you were talking about in the last paragraphs? Made no sense.

txskippertxskipperabout 5 years ago
cute but short

Did someone start a contest to write a story with 320 words?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
So

So where is the rest,in particular the knife action? what

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
why all the talking upfront and not tell us what you do with the lover.

wife get the punishment and leave us wondering about lover.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Értelmezhetetlen a vége!

Jól indult a történet de nincs konkrét befejezés,nem értelmezhető!

Tiger27Tiger27almost 5 years ago

I want to hear of Jason getting relieved of his balls.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 5 years ago
i do hope you put another chapter to this.

part 2 please

moblanemoblanealmost 5 years ago
Lights, Camera... ACTION!

Time for a little 'surgery'!

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Yes

Short but good

He found out and it's all over

The fat lady is singing

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Where's the rest of it? Lazy writers like this think it's cute not to finish a damn story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Whats the point

Really I would like to know why making the effort to write and post this nonsense shit

JRandyJJRandyJover 3 years ago
Get-r done

I liked it, short to the point, screw you Bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Finish IT!!!!!

bartholomewbrontebartholomewbronteabout 2 years ago

Does Anny seriously not understand the point of a 750-word challenge? The story is finished, dumbasses.

5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

If that’s the best you can do I suggest you don’t bother any more, load of shit

fishgetterfishgetterover 1 year ago

I think if there were less about how the whiskey tastes, etc. and more in building the story BASE, it would have been readable, at least. I also believe it is abouit 380 words, as written (I did not count the number).

fishgetterfishgetterover 1 year ago

I think if there were less about how the whiskey tastes, etc. and more in building the story BASE, it would have been readable, at least. I also believe it is abouit 380 words, as written (I did not count the number). '''''''''''' txskipperover 3 years ago

cute but short

Did someone start a contest to write a story with 320 words? Damn it IS a shortie.''''''''''''

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

no rating. need to read about jason's ball and dick on the flo in a puddle of blood before rating. if the description fits then 5stars. rk

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow! Quick and to the point. Loved it. S. F.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

1 star for unfinished story.

RuttweilerRuttweilerover 1 year ago
Waste of time

Both to write, and to read. As interesting as reading about driving to the grocery store.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

@Ruttweiler spends 50 hours a week reading stories that piss him off and make him angry, because HE could obviously write them so much better, but hasn't the guts to try. Imagine what a miserable existence that has to be.

RuttweilerRuttweilerabout 1 year ago
@annony_01/13/23

Thank you for caring! I’m actually quite happy and contented, thank you so much again for your concern. I’m not angry at all, mostly just frustrated with the poor quality of the plots, characters and dialogue of many of the fairytales for sad men to be found here. Would you have been happier if I had just raved about how wonderful is the smell of burning bitches? Is that what upset you?

I notice you are anonymous. Is that a sign of your timidity, or are you just keeping your head down? Go ahead, sign up and get a handle. It’s not hard, give it a try!

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I wish you had written of his "meeting" with Jason. THAT would have been enjoyable!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

For what you wrote it was good, no real depth at any level.

No end or what the consequences were only the implication of action against ex friend

Just needed more

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Needs more crying, wailing, smoking craters, and blood running in the street.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous