Impossible Dreams Ch. 03

Story Info
Passion finds new levels in the park forest.
1.6k words
3.83
2.4k
1
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 3 of the 18 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 03/30/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*All 18+ characters and situations are completely coincidental.

"I don't care that this is a secluded part of the place, I'm not going back in." So much for persuading him to help. Knowing that we were quasi-alone actually got me worked up. That never happened to me before about him, as much as I was drooling over him since the first time I saw him.

"C'mon, it's not like we're on camera." I insisted. Sure I was pressing my luck, but I'll be honest, my relationship with Harley wasn't the same the past five months. We weren't fighting, but he was lacking a desire for relational closeness. Even if "Nicothy" wasn't a thing, I knew that Nick - it felt nice that I don't have to call him by his first name without him scolding me or whatever - I knew he'd always care about me.

"If it means anything to you, I would like to choose the time and place we get to continue our conversation. At least I know where nobody would get tipped off about 'us' if there even is an us yet."

"Ugh, fine! What's your deal?"

"Well I need to know when you're free and how you're getting there."

"Umm, I am driving now..."

"Oh, I- I didn't know... good for you! Really." If only he could just drive me there. It would help everyone but the present circumstances obviously don't allow. I'd rather have tried to do something with him then and there, but I trust him enough that he cares about my reputation. But now that I think about it, he does seem very private about his sex life even though he confided in me when I bombarded him with all those questions. "So when and where, wise guy?"

"Honeycrest Park by the town line"

"Sounds dreamy," I said playfully. He gave me a gentle punch to the arm for my trouble. "You're so strong."

"Alright enough, you love that I still visit my great-grandparent's olde neighborhood ha ha, very funny."

"Is it really?! Aww, that's cute."

"Oh stop, will you? Yes it's a nice neighborhood and I miss it, but it's still just a park. 10:30 a week from tomorrow. I'll have a surprise. Now scram so that people dont think were engaging in funny business!"

"I can't wait, Nickiepoo. Toodles"

~~~

Nickiepoo. Hmph! I wonder what prompted that. It's almost like an inside joke now. She said it once the week I came back from Boston both half serious and half for a laugh and then again a few weeks later. At first I pretended to ignore it. If I'm being honest, my increased interest in her started with that of all things. And I don't even like the thought of baby talk in romantic relationships, yet I was falling even harder for it. I'll ask her one day how that came about. Thoughts raced in my head what she wanted to do to me in that washroom, but I wasn't about to give myself away to the masses about what my reaction might be to that below deck.

I gotta admit, she's become a beautiful woman over the last three and a half years - inside and out. Except she's got a mouth that shoots a mile a minute like a drunken sailor when she gets upset at non-family and non-friends with the colorful language to match it. Quite a stark contrast to my vocabulary, I can assure you. Back to reality, I was always generally good with slipping in and out of places undetected. By the nature of my social life, I've somehow managed to be come the fly on the wall. In fact, in high school, I earned the nickname samurai playing soccer because I always created open space and the proceed to cut through the defense as if I was wielding a katana in both hands. Never having tested those skills in the bedroom, or anywhere really, I certainly wasn't prepared to do so in that theatre.

...

"That week came and went, and it was a beautiful Saturday morning. I sat at the bench in front of the shelter knowing what I wanted to say and how while being nervous as to what stunts she might try to pull. This park was one that backed up to a creek and had a wooded area. There were many like that in the adjacent towns as well, but I did always find sentimentality in this particular one for some strange reason. My cell phone illuminated to show a text from Dottie.

"Are you here?"

"Man of my word, remember? Follow the trail to the shelter." This was now going to be the third time now that we'd be alone together, and it wasn't any easier than the first.

"Nick!" As I turned my head, I saw her sprinting toward me and before I could notice her attire, she started to cry. "Harley cheated on me," she tried to tell me between the blubbering.

"Shh. It's gonna be alright. I'm not going anywhere. Nickiepoo is here." I don't know why I said the last-most part, subconscious I guess. I generally don't like seeing anyone crying, but now that I was somewhat emotionally invested in this, I felt even more obligated to be there for her.

~~~

As soon as I saw him, I just burst into tears still in disbelief that my relationship was over just like that. I mean he was kinda avoiding me but I thought he was going through a rough patch. Or maybe looking back that was a solution to it. This felt like rock bottom. I tried to suck it up as best I could. But maybe it was best that I went to meet Mr. Fratelli. He didn't even ask a question. to this day, it's the best hug I've gotten from anyone. I had to have been sobbing for at least fifteen minutes not thinking or caring if anyone in the neighborhood could hear though that part of the neighborhood wasn't that heavily populated because of the landscape. After I cooled down, I didn't want to let him go from that hug. If that moment could be frozen in time.

"Are you okay?" He finally asked, making sure that I was done getting it out of my system. I had never realized how good he was at reading feelings. I respect him a lot for that.

"C'mon, lets take a stroll, see how beautiful this is. You wouldn't know we're on earth." Heaven on earth sounded nice right about then. Besides, my feelings for him never subsided. And stroll we did. Directly behind the area where the open-air shelter was lay a perfectly dense field of grass maybe a foot high from both April showers and not having been cut since the end of autumn in the two months since the last frost of winter. Even though the other end of us was the trail to the parking lot, one could argue that this plain was also a clearing from the small forest that lay behind it and just beyond the first rows of trees in one direction ran a creek and more trees alongside the bank in the other. As we got further and further in, I saw so many multiples of species of wildlife that was breathtaking - cardinals, blue jays, even a few species of butterflies. Not the least of which a monarch butterfly that landed on me.

"Perfect!"

"Wait, what?"

"You, in the partial sunlight, with that smile and looking off into the scenery. But also that butterfly resting on your shoulder. That's my new lock screen."

"I didn't hear a shutter..."

"My phone's on vibrate. I don't like having urban noises in here if I can help it. And, I thought you might want a picture of you and that butterfly for yourself. But it was so perfect that I'm keeping it for myself too."

"Aww." He kept finding new ways for my heart to melt even if he wasn't intending too. "Maybe we are meant to be, look!" As I noticed the ladybug at the side of his shirt sleeve, I couldn't help but think about the rollercoaster day I'd been having, and it was only maybe 11am.

~~~

Her pensive look made it seem as though she was trying to find her thoughts based on the wild few months that she had had. A wry smile returned to her face, hopefully about how a rotten morning was turning into a wonderful day for her. I partly from that and partly from something else chuckled.

"What?"

"See that thing waaay over there?"

"Yeah?"

I don't know why but it's called a fortune teller."

"Why is that funny? I mean sure it sounds like a weird name, but what prompted your reaction if you knew what it was?"

"It reminded me of a joke."

"Here we go..."

"Now wait a minute... Did you hear about the little fortune teller that escaped from prison?"

"I'm afraid to ask."

"He was a small medium at-large."

"Hahaha, oh boy."

"What I didn't say it was a good one." I said with the same half laugh I had when I was reminded of it moments earlier." My goodness, she's had a full day. At least that's what the late Jim Valvano would say. If you spent time laughing and time in thought and time moved to tears was a good day. I suppose that you've experience the full range of emotions regardless of reason that you'd be exhausted. It was barely quarter after 11. I didn't use them a lot in private settings like this, but I had a lot of sports quotes in my headspace. And just in that moment, our lines of vision crossed. We both knew where this was heading. I didn't want to because I felt like I would be taking advantage of her, but she was already leaning in for the landing. I figured it might be just a peck, but then I remembered our encounter in the classroom last month and suddenly I felt her sneak her tongue pass through my sealed lips.