Impregnating the Galaxy Ch. 29

Story Info
The final chapter, Dorian's journey comes to an end.
7.7k words
4.68
12.8k
29

Part 29 of the 29 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/18/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Esi strode down the long corridor nestled deep inside the Grand Pyramid of Yarrin, only stopping once she had reached the large doors of the royal chamber.

"Any change?" The tanned former queen questioned the two guards on each side of the entrance.

"No, mistress. He's just as he was when you last checked." The guard to the left answered with a sorrowful shake of her head.

The response brought Esi a deep yet unsurprised disappointment. Despite her feelings, she granted the pair a dignified nod of acknowledgment before pushing her way through the heavy doors.

Entering the royal chamber her gaze was immediately drawn to the center of the stone room, as the large bed held the sleeping body of Dorian. Allowing a sigh to escape her soft lips she reached the side of the bed, peering down at her husband's unconscious form. With slight hesitation she placed her hand on his bare shoulder, nudging him gently. "My love...it's been over a standard week. You must get up."

With an inert slowness, his silver eyes opened to peer up at her. The adventurous enthusiasm had fled his expression, replaced with the gaze of a broken man.

"I've had a servant wash your jumpsuit." She added when he didn't respond. "I'm sure the people of Yarrin will be overjoyed to see you healed and at Mira's side."

Certainly, the fall through Yarrin's forest had been painful, though his minor injuries had been mended. Yet even fully recovered, he simply closed his eyes once again.

"Dorian please, it's time. You can't continue to sleep all day." She pleaded.

"Why not?" He asked with his eyes remaining closed. "What would be the point in getting up? Just allow me to dream."

Esi granted him a compassionate expression that he couldn't view. "I know what occurred was difficult for you, my love, though this isn't the solution. You can't just ignore what happened."

Though he felt as if his lungs were weighed down by a heavy stone, Dorian sighed before opening his eyes. "What would be the point Esi? What's done is done. I cannot change it."

"Yes, but even if the past is unchangeable, you still have a future. A future with me and with your daughter. Isn't that enough?" She questioned in a calm voice.

"You know it is." He answered firmly before sitting up. "Just...imagine if you had wanted to meet your father for your entire life, yet when it finally happens...he tries to kill you. Don't I have a right to be...upset? Hurt?"

Esi nodded understandingly. "You have that right, though I only ask that you don't allow it to destroy you. Yes, you don't have a father, but you're MIRA'S father. She needs you, just as I do."

Turning his head towards his wife, Dorian allowed the dam of his emotions to crack slightly. "Esi...I thought he would...love me. Accept me. But he just..." He took a small breath. "I wanted to find him so badly..."

"But WE love you!" Esi exclaimed as her frustration took over. "WE are your family! I know you're disappointed, but look around you! After all you've gained, all you've built, you're going to let your father consume your happiness?"

"I didn't say that." Dorian replied firmly. "Don't think that I'm not grateful to have Mira and you, because you KNOW that I am."

The former queen shook her head. "Forget even being grateful for a moment. Just look at the facts objectively. You have a wife who would die for you, a daughter who admires you, and enough wealth and resources to do whatever you wish. Think of Callie, Emily, The Mystic, and so many others. Think of all the tales you've relayed to me of your journeys, of the people you've encountered and the children you've sired. How many hundreds of individuals would do anything for you? Love you, even? Yet you're crushed when only one rejects you?"

"I...he's my father, Esi..."

"And?" She asked in a stern voice. "What difference does that make? He is simply one among hundreds. You know I'd do anything for you Dorian, though sometimes you need some tough love. Be sad, and even be devastated, though don't you dare allow your pain to blind you to the fact that we all care deeply for you. I won't force you to get up, but know that there is a family waiting for you when you do. A family that NEEDS you."

As Esi quickly made her way towards the door Dorian opened his mouth to reply, though no words came forth. He merely watched as she left the room, leaving him alone with his thoughts.

***

Her outburst hadn't produced the effect Esi had desired, as her husband spent the following day in bed. Only when he had fallen into a deep sleep did she once again enter their shared quarters, finding her way towards the large balcony on which they had conceived their daughter.

Only a cloth awning protected her from the heavy rain that pounded the nearby buildings as the wind tore at her light clothing and the nearby jungle leaves. The violent storm would have been exhilarating on any other night, though her mind could focus on little else besides Dorian.

Whatever lows they had experienced together in the last year, she found it impossible to remain resentful towards him. To witness his current broken state was agony, forcing a helplessness onto her as she watched him waste away in bed. She knew the task was equally as hard on Mira, as the young queen needed to balance her responsibilities to both her people and her concern for Dorian.

Though as she gazed out at the stone city her attention was instantly snapped back to reality as Dorian placed a gentle hand on her tanned shoulder. "My love...I thought you were asleep." She let out in surprise, spinning to face him.

"Mind if we talk?" He asked, his nude form wrapped in a red shroud that fluttered in the everchanging wind, taken from their bed.

With a hopeful nod Esi took his hand, guiding him over to the edge of the balcony.

Dorian stared out at the storm, focusing on nothing in particular as he folded his arms on the crudely carved stone railing. "Esi...I.."

With a kind smile that she had developed through motherhood, Esi placed her finger to her lips in a quieting gesture. "I know, my love. Speak nothing of how sorry you are. I'm just glad that you're finally up."

A long moment passed as they remained together in silence, before he turned his head towards her. "Esi, I have to face him."

She let out a low breath. "I knew this was coming."

"There's no other option, I've already told you what he said. If I don't stop him he'll come after my children. I...can't allow that to happen."

"But...you have so many...couldn't you just stay?" Esi asked, a hint of desperation in her tone. "What if he kills you?"

"I have to, Esi." He replied. "He's survived for thousands of years. If I don't stop him...I can't imagine how many he'll lead to their deaths to find a body strong enough to contain his power. And if he's successful, what then?"

Esi considered his statement, trying to find the words that would convince him to stay. "Dorian..."

"No, Esi. I'm sorry." He said firmly. "I have to. He may even come for Mira, which I know we both can't allow."

The possibility seemed to stump the former queen, forcing her to pause before replying. "But my love...can't I at least send a contingent of guards to accompany you?"

Dorian immediately waved his hand in dismissal. "I won't put others in danger for my personal battles. I've...thought about this quite a bit, Esi. I need to face him alone, or not at all."

"But their purpose is to assist you! It'd be an honor for them to fall in your service, my love. Don't you see that?" She replied in exasperation.

"I respect their devotion, but that's my decision. I won't allow anyone else to die by his hand. He has abilities that only I can protect myself against."

"What about Bermil's cyborgs? Or the cult on Grion? Just...ANYONE to help you?"

Dorian shook his head. "I've already considered that possibility. Esi...I've told you what he's capable of. They'd be electrocuted the moment he sensed them. Perhaps if things had gone differently with Edoxious..."

Allowing a sigh to escape her soft lips, she leaned against the balcony. "Alright, my love, I take your point. Just...I wish I could do more to help you."

A glimmer of understanding reached his silver eyes as he placed his hand on her brown shoulder. "I know Esi, though you've already done so much for me. I wouldn't have even made it this far if you hadn't found my escape pod all those years ago."

Unable to hold her emotions at bay any longer, a tear rolled down her gorgeous face followed by one after another. Dorian wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into a tight embrace.

Together they remained on the high balcony, uncertain of the future as the storm raged around them.

***

Though they hadn't discussed when he'd depart Dorian didn't intend to force his family into a difficult goodbye. As soon as Esi and Mira had fallen asleep he gathered his belongings and departed from the stone city.

Dressed in his black jumpsuit and wrapped in a dark cloak, he made his way through the thick jungle.

"Captain, are you certain that this is wise?" Hex asked through the wrist communicator. She had piloted The Chimera back to Yarrin as soon as he had recovered from his fall.

"Wise? Probably not, though if something happens to me I want you to keep the ship above Yarrin." Dorian commanded as he cut though the vegetation with his energy sword. "Protect them at all costs."

"I will, Dorian. I promise." She replied far more seriously than he had ever heard from her.

"Dorian? I don't even remember when you last used my real name."

Hesitating, a moment passed before her artificial voice rang through the communicator. "Just come back alive, captain..."

***

After over an hour of trudging through the trees Dorian finally neared the area that he had fallen into. Only after he had awoken from diving through the portal to escape his father did he realize that he had teleported nearly exactly where he had first crash landed onto Yarrin. He had thought of home while tearing open the portal, subconsciously placing it where his entire life had been irreversibly altered.

As he approached the area the sight of his escape pod caught his eye, laying still on the jungle floor. Vines and vegetation had begun to claim it during its years of abandonment, only leaving small openings where it's metal surface was still visible. Carefully he placed a hand on it, smiling as the memories streamed through his mind.

Only when he was ready, he removed his hand and stepped over to a nearby tree that had several branches missing due to his tumbling fall. With concentration, he sensed the presence of a tear in reality high above the leaves, only recently mended.

Though he possessed minimal training, the fragility of his father's pocket dimension offered little resistance to his power. Yet even though he wouldn't be able to climb to the top of the massive tree, simply sensing where the tear had opened to allowed him to feel the location he seeked. With a bead of sweat rolling down his brow he shot his hands forwards, grasping the fabric of space with his mind. Pulling hard, he willed reality to rip open a new portal.

Taking a breath to calm himself he peered through the opening, seeing nothing besides the path that he had walked across during his first visit to the otherworldly dimension.

Carefully he stepped though, planting his feet onto the stone of the seemingly hovering path. The dark void surrounded him, as if hoping that he'd fall over the edge.

Dorian began to walk, holding his energy sword tightly in his grip. The only movements of his cloak were caused by himself, as no wind existed in the strange space.

As he neared the end of the walkway, the large circular platform waited for him. Though several of the surrounding machines had been badly damaged during his previous visit, the remainders all appeared to be working hard to sustain the advanced sarcophagus-like pod in the center of the platform.

"Father! I've returned!" Dorian shouted into the void, turning in a circle as he anticipated a surprise attack. "Face me!"

For several seconds he heard nothing besides the whirling of the otherworldly machines, leaving him alone.

"Let's end this! Right now!" He continued to shout, though received no response.

Yet just as he was beginning to suspect that he may have returned for nothing, the machines began to beep loudly as if in panic. Turning to face the sarcophagus, the rectangular lid began to separate into two halves as it spread open.

Dorian readied himself as he watched the body of Drukalmund emerge from the mechanical pod, stepping out onto the hard floor. He appeared just as his soul had during their first meeting, with long white hair and silver eyes. None would have assumed that he was any older than thirty five, despite being tens of millenia old. His black steel armor was concealed in a thin robe, accompanied by a vicious black sword.

"So you've returned..." the man said with an insidious grin. "Though to accept your purpose...or fall, I wonder?"

Dorian's grip tightened around his hilt. "If I had any other choice I'd take it, but this ends now." He replied in a firm voice despite his growing hesitation. Though he wasn't scared, the thought of having to slay his own father felt deeply unnatural to him.

"How predictable..." Drukalmund said, wasting no time as he flung himself forwards with fury.

Acting on instinct alone, Dorian brought his energy sword up just in time to intercept the black blade, avoiding a decapitation that would have ended the fight instantly.

Redirecting the ancient being's weapon Dorian returned the attack with several slashes of his own, their blades meeting each time. The quickness of Drukalmund's movements left his son no room for error as he maneuvered with surprising skill and speed for a man resting on death's door.

Spinning his dark weapon Drukalmund put a large gap between them as he retreated several steps, clearly expecting the fight to end as quickly as their last meeting. "Ah...so you resist your fate...my son. Good...all the more fitting for my final battle in this body..."

With his eyes locked onto his opponent Dorian's mouth remained shut as the two men began to circle each other. He had been taken off guard during their last meeting, which was a mistake he didn't plan on repeating.

Without warning Drukalmund launched a bolt of fire from his unoccupied palm before springing into action, allowing Dorian only a miniscule amount of time to bat the flame away with his sword before maneuvering his body out of the path of his father's slash.

Gritting his teeth, Dorian's crackling energy sword danced through the void as they both desperately attempted to gain the upper hand. The loud machines could hardly be heard over the crashing of their blades, echoing through the surrounding empty space.

Twisting and turning at bizarre angles in a fighting style that Dorian had never encountered before, the white-haired man was nearly unpredictable as his dark blade vigorously tore through the air. Yet even while appearing wild and uncontrolled, each of his strikes were precisely calculated as they sought to cut down his son.

Though while Drukalmund clearly had FAR more experience and skill, his visibly young yet ancient body was gradually beginning to struggle to keep up with the fight. Unassisted by his stasis pod, Drukalmund's breath slowly became louder and louder as his multi-millenia old soul struggled to support his physical being.

Capitalizing on his opponent's vulnerability Dorian loosed several wide sweeping cuts as he forced his father backwards. Yet with a snarl Drukalmund suddenly fell into a crouch before launching himself into a high backwards flip that allowed him to land several feet away.

The unnatural agility of his father momentarily caught him off guard, leaving him open as lightning erupted from Drukalmund's fingertips. In a panic Dorian hurriedly thrust his left hand out to launch a bolt of his own, yet the incoming electricity simply ripped through his hasty defences. The younger man screamed in agony as webs of lightning arched across his body, nearly frying his skin.

Every nerve cried out in pain, yet his rushed defense negated enough of his father's attack to avoid being launched violently. Though he fell to his knees as the quick burst of power faded, Dorian forced his energy sword up as Drukalmund closed the distance and brought down his weapon.

Clashing down hard, Dorian immediately rolled to the side before scrambling to his feet in time to avoid yet another attack that would have pierced through his chest.

"YOU...FIGHT WELL...MY SON..." Drukalmund exclaimed as their swords repeatedly crashed into one another. "SUCH A SHAME...THAT YOUR SKILL...SHALL BE WASTED..."

Maneuvering both of their blades upwards, the dark armored leg of his father shot hard into his chest, sending Dorian stumbling backwards wildly before crashing to the stone floor as his sword fell from his grasp.

Watching in horror as his opponent moved to bring down the killing blow, Dorian's palms erupted into a wave of fire that engulfed his father. Drukalmund stumbled back just as his son had, yet remained seemingly unharmed as if somehow able to shield himself.

Seizing the opportunity to regain his weapon and rise to his feet, Dorian could hardly keep up when only a split second later the older man practically threw himself into an enraged flurry of slashes.

Struggling to parry the attacks, he caught glimpses of the crazed look in the man's silver eyes. Wild and full of hatred, Drukalmund fought as if he cared for nothing besides killing his son. Singularly focused on harming Dorian in any way possible, his movements appeared to be reinvigorated with renewed power.

The murderous expression wounded Dorian more than the black blade as it managed to subvert his defenses just long enough to carve a deep gash across his left forearm. While he had wrestled with his feelings for days regarding the necessity of putting down Drukalmund, it appeared that his father held no such reluctance.

"WHY?!" Dorian finally screamed as he spun away, placing a small gap between them. "WHY DO YOU HATE ME?! I'M YOUR SON!"

A wicked grin spread over the white-haired man's face as he used the momentary pause in fighting to gather electricity in his raised hand. "My son? Yes...but you are merely an INSTRUMENT..." He yelled as the power erupted from his hand in a bright arc of lightning.

Dorian instinctively dropped his sword and outstretched both hands. Yet instead of producing his own power, he seemed to absorb the blast in clenched fists. Uncertain of what he had even done, he then reopened his palms and sent the captured power shooting back towards its source.

Taken utterly by surprise Drukalmund could do nothing as the electricity slammed into him, sending him flying backwards as he screamed from the pain of his own power. One of the tall machines stood in the way of the endless fall just beyond, erupting into sparks as he crashed violently into its metal surface before falling to the ground in a heap.

Mystified by his own actions, Dorian had to force himself to refocus on the fight as he quickly regained his sword.

Slowly, Drukalmund rose to his feet as smoke trickled off of his armor. The outer robe had been heavily damaged, practically hanging off of his body in tattered ribbons. The shock in his expression had vanished, consumed by a deadly determination as his eyes remained locked on his opponent.

Dorian dodged and rolled as several flames rocketed towards him from his father's hands, burning the ends of his cloak as he barely managed to avoid their heat. Whatever he had done to redirect the electricity remained out of his reach as he didn't dare attempt to repeat it.