In My Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"....Even though I obviously knew you were married and had a family, it didn't stop me dreaming about you.... And now we have.... Well it was so much better than my crush ever was." Angela said looking very coy.

Mark reached across and gently moved the hair that was hanging down over Angela's face. She beamed her gorgeous smile at Mark.

"Ange ... This is so wonderful. You are so wonderful. I always liked you back at work. You were always happy and positive in your attitude. Now I know why.... I took an interest in you because of the person you are, so upbeat and enthusiastic. Not necessarily just about work, but life in general. I could tell you were going to make something of yourself because you had a drive in you that would make sure you did well in whatever you did. Ange you were and still are so very, very attractive as well."

Angela looked at Mark as he spoke with her affection for him written all over her face.

Mark smiled and said "Oh and I knew you had a crush on me."

The expression changed on Angela's face. She looked so embarrassed and a little mortified.

"What... how... Who told you? .... Was it Kate? I don't think I told anyone else. What did she say?" Angela babbled.

Mark reached out and held her hand under the sheet. "No Ange. You told me yourself." He said with a gentle smile.

"OH MY GOD!!! When did I tell you? Oh Mark. And you knew all this time..."

"No, No, Ange I didn't know all this time. I truthfully only remembered it just then."

As he said this Mark leant across and cuddled Angela, kissing her lightly on the lips.

"When did I tell you?" Angela asked sheepishly.

"It was at the store Christmas party one year. We were all at that pub not far from the store and we had dinner and drinks. Well it came time for the night to finish. Everyone was saying goodbyes. I remember you were wearing a black dress with white polka dots and you looked amazing."

Angela smiled as Mark said this, remembering the dress he was talking about and amazed that Mark remembered her in that dress.

"When you came over to say goodbye to me you were with Kate. She said goodbye first and gave me a hug. Then it was your turn. You were smiling so much. As we hugged you whispered in my ear 'You are my favourite manager Mark. I REALLY like you.' You kissed me on the cheek and giggled, looking at me a little like you looked at me on the lounge before we came in here. You then stared at me before leaving with Kate."

Angela looked away from Mark's gaze.

"I don't remember doing that. But I do remember being very hungover the next day."

"Oh yes you had enjoyed a few drinks that night. Kate assured me she was ok to get you home."

"You never mentioned this to me while I was working with you?"

"No Ange. I didn't want to embarrass you by bringing this up. You looked so sheepish the next time you worked I just let it go. I honestly only remembered this just now. But I definitely remember feeling very flattered to have such an attractive young woman like me."

"Well Mark I still like you very much. Actually I think it may be a little more than like you...."

"It is more than that for me..... And I still can't get over how such an attractive woman likes me."

Angela wrapped her arms around Mark and kissed him.

"I still can't get over that a handsome, kind, intelligent, caring man likes me."

They kissed again held each other close.

"While we are being so honest is there anything you want to ask me Mark?"

Mark pondered for a second before he spoke. "Ange I remember you when you- we were younger. You were always attractive and you have matured into such a beautiful woman. I just ..... Ummm.... I don't remember you being so.... 'Well endowed' when you were younger." Mark said with some embarrassment.

It was Angela's turn to see Mark all sheepish and she liked it.

"I had my boobs done after I had Ryan. After having two kids... Well I had always wanted to be a bit bigger up top and I am glad I did it. You seemed to like them?" Angela teased Mark.

"Yes I do like them because it's you..... I really like you Angela."

"I really like you Mark."

*********

After their first night together Mark and Angela slept better than they had in a long time. Waking up together the following morning felt perfect. Even though it was relatively early, they were both happy and refreshed.

Angela had plans for the day with her kids, so she and Mark arranged to see each other on Sunday. Angela wanted Mark to meet her kids properly as she could already see a future with him. Mark suggested that they come over to his house for lunch and Angela readily agreed.

Saying goodbye as they headed off for their day, Mark and Angela embraced on her front step. Mark gently caressed her face and Angela cinched even closer into him.

"Can't wait to see you tomorrow." Mark said.

"Mmmm Me either." Angela purred.

They kissed passionately before slowly breaking their embrace and Mark headed away.

Mark arrived home a short time later and he was floating on air. Not just because they slept together and it was amazing, but more because the way he felt in Angela's company. She just understood him, liked him and to feel wanted by such a gorgeous woman was the best feeling in the world. He was love struck by Angela.

He went through his house almost in a daze and went into his bedroom. Sitting down onto his bed it gave its familiar creaks. The noise of this broke Mark from his trance. He bounced up and down slightly and the creaks were still there.

Looking around his room memories of his older life came flooding back. He sat there and pondered for a few moments. Deep in thought Mark moved and the bed creaked again. He immediately got up off the bed, got changed and headed back out. A new bed was definitely in order. Not just because of the creaks and noises his old bed made, but more so he could move on and create new memories.

***********

Sunday came around and Angela, Taylor and Ryan arrived at Mark's house right on time. Mark greeted them at the front door and Angela introduced her children to him properly. Taylor and Ryan were both quietly confident children so they spoke with Mark upon properly meeting him.

They all went into the lounge room and sat down. As they chatted, Taylor looked across at the photos Mark had on the side table. She picked up the picture of Mark with Lara and Daisy.

"Who are these women Mark?" Taylor asked curiously.

"They are my daughters Taylor. Lara, she has the red hair, is my eldest and she lives in Sydney where she is studying to be a doctor. Daisy, she has the caramel coloured hair, is at university too. She is studying economics and lives down at the university during the semester. She comes home here during the holidays."

Taylor looked at the picture and showed her brother.

"Daisy is very pretty." Taylor said.

"Next time she is here you can meet her." Mark replied. Taylor smiled when he said this.

Ryan picked up another picture of Lara and Daisy. This was a picture of them when they were slightly younger. They were with their mother.

"Who are your girls with in this picture Mark?" Ryan asked.

"That is their mother, my wife Elouise."

"Are you divorced too?" Ryan asked innocently. Angela cast a glare at her son for asking this question of Mark.

"No Ryan. Elouise got very sick from cancer and she passed away nearly 3 years ago." Mark replied very honestly.

"I'm sorry Mark. I already told them about Elouise's passing." Angela said contritely.

"That's ok Ange. I don't mind. It was a very good question. And if I remember back to when my girls were this age they never listened to anything I said either." Mark replied, laughing with Taylor and Ryan. They were laughing too, realising they weren't in trouble.

Mark then told them all about his house before giving them a tour. It was a typical Australian suburban home, 4 bedroom brick home on a quarter acre block, with an in ground pool in the back yard. Mark and his family had lived in the house since it was new. Angela loved the house. While it was dated in some areas it was a wonderful home.

They went outside as Mark cooked a barbeque lunch under the patio. Angela helped Mark while her children played in the back yard. Unfortunately it was a little too cool for swimming, but Taylor and Ryan had a good time. They all had their lunch on the outdoor table with Mark and the kids really bonding. He could relate to a lot of things the kids were talking about as his daughters were similar when they were that age.

As they cleared the table after lunch, Mark and Angela took everything inside and the children played again outside. Putting the dishes into the dishwasher Mark noticed something. His home had a different energy about it. The children playing outside, the beautiful woman helping him in the kitchen made his home feel alive again.

Mark was staring into space, savouring these feelings, when Angela came over and slipped her arm around his waist. She kissed him on the cheek and broke the trance Mark was in.

"Mark are you ok? You looked a little lost there for a second?"

Mark wrapped his arms around Angela and gave her a kiss. He looked into her eyes.

"Oh yes Ange. I'm totally ok. I was... I was just enjoying the moment, having you all here with me." he replied with a bit of a whimsical smile.

"Well we have loved being here with you Mark. I couldn't have imagined anyone being a bigger hit with Taylor and Ryan than you are. They really like you."

"I like them. They are great kids Angela. You should be so proud of them.... I also like their mother too."

Angela's gaze dropped from Mark's as she began to blush.

"I like you too Mark. I really do." Angela said, returning her gaze to Mark's.

They moved closer together and shared a brief passionate kiss, embracing close. As they broke their kiss apart, Mark reached across with his hand and gently moved some of Angela's hair away from her eyes. Angela leant her head against Mark's hand, relaxing in his arms. She stared into Mark's eyes and Mark was entranced. Angela moistened her lips with her tongue. She opened her mouth and was about to say something.

Suddenly there was a banging at the sliding door to the patio.

"Mum, Mark. Ryan has thrown the ball over the fence." Taylor bellowed.

Angela looked at Mark and rolled her eyes. Mark laughed and slid his hands down Angela, before taking hold of her hand.

"Taylor we will be back out in a second. Ok?" Angela replied.

"Yes Mum."

Looking back at Mark Angela spoke again. "Kids huh!"

Mark just laughed.

"You will have to meet my girls Angela. Soon."

"I'd love that Mark." Angela said as she hugged Mark. "I'd really love that."

They then went back outside holding hands to deal with the kids.

**********

After their wonderful weekend the bond between Angela and Mark was stronger than ever. Taylor and Ryan couldn't stop talking about Mark and Angela thought this was amazing.

Mark proceeded to organise an opportunity for Angela to meet his daughters. They were to have lunch at the very trendy 'Chiswick' restaurant in Sydney's east on the following weekend. Lara was bringing her long-time boyfriend, fellow med student Simon. She was looking forward to finally meeting Angela. Lara loved how enthusiastic her father was, wanting them all to meet properly.

Daisy also wanted to meet Angela. She was a little more wary however as she had somewhat mixed feelings about her father dating again.

The restaurant was set in a beautiful park, right in the heart of Sydney's eastern suburbs. Angela knew the area like the back of her hand as she had spent the majority of her adult life living in the area. She had dined here in the past, but not for a few years.

Mark and Angela travelled down together and were first to arrive. Angela thought Mark looked great wearing his white shirt, navy trousers and brown shoes. Angela wore a nice floral pattern sun dress. Some women look great in these dresses and Angela was definitely one of those women.

As they sat at their table to wait for the others to arrive Angela confided in Mark.

"I'm so nervous meeting Lara and Daisy today Mark. I hope they like me and we all get along well."

Mark held her hand.

"Please don't be nervous Ange. I know they will like you."

Before Angela could voice her concerns further Lara, Simon and Daisy all arrived together. Mark's daughters both gave him a big hug and then he introduced Angela to them. Lara greeted Angela warmly, while Daisy's greeting was more polite.

As they all went to sit down Lara caught her father's hand.

"Dad, Daisy's in a funny mood today." Lara whispered to Mark.

"Hmmm I can tell. I'm sure it will be alright." Mark replied. He was concerned for his youngest daughter.

They all sat at a round table, Angela on one side of Mark and Daisy on the other. Lara sat on the other side of Angela, with Simon by her side.

Conversation began to flow between everyone as the nervous tension of all meeting for the first time began to abate. Lara and Angela seemed to get along well straight away. Lara quizzed Angela pretty hard about various things and Angela always gave honest answers. Daisy chimed in occasionally and listened intently to everything Angela said. Angela asked her questions too, and Daisy answered politely but a lot more reticently than she usually did.

Mark quietly asked Daisy if she was alright and she assured him she was ok. As the lunch went along everyone was relaxing and enjoying each other's company. Daisy however was getting more and more agitated the longer the lunch went.

Lara had her arm around Simon, cuddling him close, when she asked Daisy a light hearted question. This was the straw that broke the camel's back.

"I DON'K KNOW LARA. HOW COULD I KNOW THAT? URRRGH" Daisy snapped back. She then stood up, threw her napkin onto her chair and left the table, to the rather stunned silence of everyone else.

Glances were shared and Lara began to get up.

"I should go and talk to her." Lara said.

Mark got up from his chair. "No Lara. I will go and talk to her. You all stay here."

Mark went outside and found Daisy in the gardens sitting on a bench seat drying her eyes. She looked at her father as he approached, before bowing her head down so as not to look at him.

Sitting on the seat beside her Mark didn't even get the chance to talk.

"I'm sorry Dad. I ...... I don't know what came over me." Daisy babbled, tears still rolling down her cheeks.

Mark put his arm around his daughter.

"What's going on Daisy? You're never usually like this..... Is it because I'm here with Angela?"

Daisy looked at her father and sighed.

"No Dad. Angela is great. She is so nice and friendly and really likes you......" Daisy turned her gaze away. She looked deep in thought.

"I didn't want to like her Dad..... Coming here I was hoping to find any fault I could with her. Anything that could justify my ..... But I can't Dad. She is wonderful. She really is..... Lara said you were so happy with her and I didn't want to believe it." Daisy started to cry again.

Mark held his daughter close as she cried a little into his shoulder. He gently stroked her back just like when she was a little girl. After a few moments Daisy popped her head up and looked at her father.

"I can see you're happy Dad and that makes me happy. It really does. I just couldn't picture anyone besides Mum being with you."

"Daisy sweetheart I will always love your Mum. Always. We shared our entire lives together and she is always in my heart..... I am not replacing or substituting her with Angela. Angela is different altogether. Elouise will always be your Mum. Angela is Angela...."

Daisy nodded her head. She could see what her father was trying to say and it made sense.

"I know that now Dad. I really do. Angela is a different person to Mum and she is great. You two are great together Dad......." Daisy sighed again. She looked across the park trying to gather her thoughts. She took a few moments before starting to speak.

"It is just... I can see you and Angela are so happy, Lara is happy as always with Simon and well.... I'm alone and...."

Mark embraced his daughter again as she began so sniffle.

"Oh Honey it will be ok. You will find someone. Travis wasn't right for you and you are better off without him. The right man is out there for you. Someone who will love your passion, your intelligence, loves all of you."

"But I don't want to wait Dad." Daisy replied sounding a little frustrated.

"Someone who will love your impatience." Mark laughed. Daisy laughed too as he said this. She realised she was sounding like a brat and she wasn't like that normally.

"Daisy I didn't meet your Mum until the second year of uni. It all then happened quickly for us, when neither of us was actually looking. It might happen like that for you. You just never know when that spark will hit you."

Daisy looked at her father and smiled. She then kissed him on the cheek.

"Thank you Dad. I love you so much."

"I love you too my Daisy. Are you feeling a little better now?"

"Yes Dad I am. You always know how to help me." Daisy said feeling not quite so down.

"That's my job as 'Dad'. Come on. Let's go back inside. I can't wait for my dessert."

"Yes Dad. And I need to apologise to Angela for storming out like that." Daisy replied, sounding very contrite.

They headed back into the restaurant and the conversation at the table went silent when they arrived. Daisy went straight over to where Angela was seated and squatted down beside her.

Mark sat down in his seat and couldn't hear what was being said between the two of them. Angela then stood up and she and Daisy hugged closely. They hugged for a little while and this brought a smile to Mark's face. Watching on Mark realised for the first time that his daughter was taller than Angela.

Lara was smiling at this too and she looked across the table towards her father. Mark just smiled, raised his eyebrows and nodded his head slightly. Lara just knew what her Dad meant and she smiled back.

Daisy then went around to Simon, apologised and gave him a hug too. She turned back towards Lara who stood up next to Daisy. No words were said. Daisy just shrugged her shoulders, with her head tilted to the side, looking very sorry. Lara smiled and gently shook her head. They embraced, younger sister taller than her elder sibling.

Angela reached across under the table and squeezed Mark's hand.

The rest of the lunch was great after this. The conversation was even more vibrant than before as everyone laughed and shared stories. Mark changed seats with Daisy, so that his daughters were on either side of Angela. After a while Mark and Simon began to feel a little left out as the ladies were deep in conversation with each other. Mark didn't mind at all. He was just pleased his daughters were accepting of Angela.

When the lunch ended the farewells were completely different to the greetings. The ladies were now friends and they each arranged to catch up with each other whenever they could. Daisy was nearly finished Uni for the year so she was heading home in a month's time. Angela had already mentioned how taken her daughter was with Daisy and Daisy wanted to meet Angela's children.

***********

After meeting their respective children it felt like all systems go for Angela and Mark. For Angela having Mark's daughters like her was very important. She didn't want to come between them and their father, and thankfully it didn't feel like this at all. They were both women now and they liked Angela as a friend.

Mark's whole demeanour had changed in the space of a few weeks. The relief he felt now that his girls liked Angela and were supportive of his new relationship was palpable. He was now upbeat all the time. Nothing seemed to worry him. He hadn't felt like this in years and he embraced it.