In My Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The most nerve wracking time for Mark was meeting Angela's parents. Even though he was a mature man, this situation still made him nervous. Angela's parents immediately put Mark at ease and they soon enjoyed each other's company.

Angela and Mark saw each other whenever they could and spoke all the time. With Angela busy at work and with the kids, dates were less frequent that they both wanted. Weekends were good when her children were with their father, as Angela and Mark could spend more time together. Each time they were together the feelings they had for each other grew.

By now they had been going out for just over a month. Angela and Mark had been out on the Friday night and spent the night for the first time at Mark's house. Mark awoke first and to see Angela in his bed next to him was a beautiful moment.

As the sun shone in from outside Mark rolled across the bed and spooned in behind Angela. Even though she was still asleep Angela cinched back into Mark's embrace as they dozed together. It felt amazing to Angela that the man she had a crush on for such a long time as a young woman was now in her life as her boyfriend. It felt perfect.

Holding her so close Mark realised Angela was stirring from her slumber. He moved the hair away from her neck and gave her a gentle kiss. Angela's heart began to pound, feeling immense joy that Mark was in her life. She rolled over, still in his arms and gave him a kiss.

"Good Morning Mark."

"Yes it is a good morning Ange. I'm with you." Mark grinned.

As Angela stared into Mark's eyes, her expression changed slightly. A more concerned look appeared on her face, and she averted her eyes from Mark's.

"Are you ok Ange? Is everything alright?" Mark asked, the concern for her evident in his voice.

"Yes Mark I'm ok." Angela replied unconvincingly.

Mark just looked at Angela and she looked at him. She could see he was worried.

"Oh Mark... I'm..... It's...." Angela struggled to get her thoughts together. With a sigh she finally said what was on her mind.

"Mark being with you scares me."

Now Mark looked confused. "I scare you?"

"Yes Sweetheart. This scares me. All this scares me.... I'm scared because I've had my heart broken into a thousand pieces before and it took a really long time to put back together. Now I'm here with you and you are so wonderful and it feels so right, so perfect ...... I'm scared because I don't want to have my heart broken again."

Angela looked back at Mark and tears had formed in the corners of her eyes. Seeing Angela so vulnerable made Mark's heart ache.

"Angela I promise I will never break your heart. I love you so much I could never do anything to hurt you...."

"Mark, Mark. Wha..... What did you just say?"

"Huh ... I will never break your heart."

"No. The other thing."

"Ohhh. Yes Angela." Mark now realised what he had said. It was the truth and he had let it slip. It didn't matter. He had wanted to tell her for some time and now was as good a time as any. He reached out under the covers and found Angela's hand. She was biting her lip and her hand was trembling slightly as he held it.

"I love you Angela." Mark said looking directly into her eyes.

"Oh Mark I love you too." Angela gushed, the tears now rolling down her cheeks.

Angela was overcome with emotion as she embraced Mark. Mark wrapped his arms around Angela and held her to him. They stayed like this for a few minutes, sharing being in love.

As Angela eased back out of Mark's arms she looked into his eyes. She could see happiness written all over his face.

"Are you sure Mark?"

"I'm so sure Angela. I love you so much. You mean everything to me. The love I have for you is so strong. It feels like something new, something different than I have ever felt before."

"Mark my love for you has just grown every time we see each other. You are so perfect. I can't imagine being without you.... You know how I said it took a long time for my broken heart to heal?"

"Yes Ange."

"Well Mark it only truly healed the day you bumped into me with your trolley and asked me out for coffee." Angela said with a smile. Mark grinned back at the woman he loved.

"Speaking with you that day I was just overcome and I knew I wanted to go out with you. The crush I had for you from all those years ago came back even stronger. Ever since that first date I have fallen more and more for you every day. I love you so much Mark."

"I love you Angela."

************

Heading towards the end of the year Angela and Mark were truly a couple. They began planning things together, what they wanted to do together. Things like holidays were now joint decisions between the two of them. They were incorporating each other into their lives. Being able to share things with the person they loved was great.

Angela was away one weekend for a work conference and she had arranged with her ex that Mark would pick the kids up after their weekend with their father.

Mark arrived at the McDonalds near the end of the freeway back up to the coast at the arranged time. He parked his 4wd utility and waited for Angela's ex to arrive. A short time later a brand new BMW M3 pulled in a few spaces along from where Mark was parked.

He looked across and saw Taylor and Ryan getting out of the car with their bags. Mark opened the door and moved out of his ute.

The kids saw Mark and came over with smiles on their face, saying hello enthusiastically. Mark greeted them and helped carry their bags to his vehicle. He saw Angela's ex, Adam, getting out of his car. Taylor and Ryan both went over and said goodbye to their father with warm hugs and kisses.

Mark went across to say hello. He had never met Adam before, so he was a little weary as to how this would go. Adam was dressed very sharply in designer label clothes and had a very showy Rolex watch on his wrist. All these trappings however did little to disguise the fact that Adam was shorter than Mark, or that Adam was out of shape. His hair, while slicked back, was thinning a little on top.

Adam saw Mark as he moved towards him and a smirk came across his face. After saying goodbye to his children Adam thrust his hand out to shake Mark's.

"So you must be Mark. How are you?" Adam asked.

"Hello Adam. Nice to meet you." Mark replied in his quiet manner. "Taylor, Ryan go and hop in the ute, I will be there in a second."

"Bye Dad. See you next week." Taylor and Ryan both said almost in unison.

As the children hopped into Mark's ute Adam began to speak

"I was wondering if I was ever going to meet Angela's new man, although 'new man' may be stretching the point. Ha ha ha..... The kids seem to like you." Adam said quietly out of earshot of his kids.

Mark smiled. "Yes they do seem to like me. You do have great kids Adam. Taylor is so smart and Ryan is a real little character"

"Yeah they are good. Ryan takes after me. He is a smart cookie too....." As Adam said this he moved in quite close to Mark. With a low voice he began to speak again.

"And they are MY kids Mark. Do you understand?" Adam said threateningly.

"Oh yes Adam I understand." Mark said quietly, unemotionally.

The look on Adam's face was a mix of anger and aggression. Mark kept his cool, looking at Adam without showing any emotion. To anyone viewing this exchange it would have looked like a normal conversation.

Adam moved back slightly, continuing to look at Mark. The look of menace that was on his face was slowly fading away.

"So Mark what do you do?" Adam asked with false curiosity.

"I'm Warehouse Manager for Darcy Global at their Mangrove Falls site." Mark replied looking Adam straight in the eye. Mark was proud of his job and while he knew it wasn't the highest paying or most prestigious job around he liked it.

A smirk came across Adam's face and grew larger by the second.

"Angela's going out with a warehouse manager." He spluttered with laughter. "Oh that's priceless. 'Princess Angela' going out with a commoner. Now that is funny."

Mark looked at Adam with incredulity. Adam pulled himself together and spoke again.

"Mark you really are quite a guy. I was only pulling your leg. Lighten up mate. Seriously though, do you have kids of your own?"

"Yes I do. I have two daughters, both at University. One studying medicine and the other economics." Mark replied guardedly.

"Economics huh? If she ever wants to make some real money and get into Merchant Banking have her give me a call." Adam replied sleazily.

Mark knew that this would never happen. He couldn't believe how much of an arse Adam was. It was obvious that Taylor and Ryan both took after their mother when it came to manners.

"So Mark your wife, did she leave you because you were so boring? Ha ha ha." Adam asked laughing heartily.

Mark shook his head. This guy was a real prick.

"No Adam. She died from cancer a little over three years ago." Mark said looking Adam straight in the eye. The sleaze ball couldn't escape his gaze.

Adam was completely stunned by Mark's answer and he couldn't say anything. Mark reached out and shook Adam's hand.

"It was interesting to meet you Adam. I'm sure I'll see you again one day." Mark said before he turned on his heels and went to his ute, without waiting for a reply.

As Mark hopped into his vehicle he was about to verbally express what an arse Adam was, when he heard Taylor and Ryan talking in the back seat. Looking in the rear view mirror he could see them chatting away in their own world. He smiled to himself. They didn't need to hear what he thought.

"Ok guys let's get you back home. Your Mum should be there when we get back."

"Ok Mark. Is Daisy home yet?" Taylor asked.

"Next week Taylor. She is in her last week of exams and then she will be home."

"Oh ok. I can't wait to see her again."

By the time Mark got his ute going Adam had already left, leaving two ribbons of rubber on the carpark as he took off.

**********

As Christmas approached the two families became more intertwined. Daisy became like a big sister to Taylor and Taylor loved everything about Daisy. She wanted to dress like Daisy, act and even speak like Daisy. As Taylor was heading to high school the next year, she had her graduation from Primary school.

Angela and Daisy helped her get ready for this and Daisy did her hair in a really stylish way. Taylor was enraptured with this and told all her friends at the graduation about Daisy.

For her part Daisy loved Angela's children and especially Taylor. Having a little 'brother and sister' was good fun and while at times they got a little too clingy, the vast majority of the time was great.

For Christmas everyone came over to Mark's house. Angela, her kids, Daisy, Lara and Simon and even Angela's parents were all there for Christmas lunch. Mark and Angela did all of the work and their collective family had a wonderful day.

Into the New Year and both Angela and Mark were back at work. They had a holiday planned for the last week of the school holidays, so had to work a little after Christmas.

With Angela at work, Daisy was at Angela's house looking after Taylor and Ryan for the day. Just after lunch there was a knock at the front door.

Daisy opened the door and standing there was a young man, about 6' tall, dark hair, glasses. For a warm day he looked rather odd wearing jeans and a long, but stylish long sleeved shirt. He was also holding a suitcase. The man had a rather surprised look on his face seeing Daisy standing there.

"Hello. Can I help you?" Daisy asked.

"Ummm I think so. This is 28 Kirkwood Drive isn't it?" the man said with a slight British accent.

"Yes it is."

"Angela Summers and her family live here?"

"Yes. Umm who are you?"

"Oh sorry I'm Christopher Jones, Angela's cousin. I believe she was expecting me to arrive today."

"Well she didn't say anything to me about it. Just wait here one second." Daisy replied. She seemed to recall hearing something about a cousin coming to stay, but wanted to make sure.

Daisy phoned Angela and she confirmed that her cousin was coming to stay for a little while. Angela was expecting him to arrive the following day when she was at home. By this stage Taylor and Ryan had both come to the door and were excited seeing Christopher again.

As Christopher came in he asked with his slight accent "Well now you know who I am, who might you be?"

Daisy smiled at him.

"I'm Daisy Nelson. My father is Angela's boyfriend. I'm here today looking after these two while Angela is at work."

Christopher held out his hand.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Daisy." He said with a broad smile, shaking Daisy's hand. The kids then took Christopher through the house to the spare bedroom where he was going to stay.

He came back out a short while later, changed from his previous attire into a t-shirt and shorts, carrying a bag. When Daisy saw him she almost did a double take. The slightly nerdy looking man had muscular arms and strong legs. The t-shirt also gave way to the fact that he had a very fit torso.

"Taylor and Ryan, I hadn't forgotten what you wanted when I came back from University, so here they are." He said as he passed the children a present each.

Christopher watched as the children opened their presents, a sweatshirt each from Cambridge University. They loved the presents and thanked Christopher.

"I'm sorry I didn't bring a present for you." Christopher said to Daisy with a big smile.

Daisy giggled and suddenly felt very self-conscious.

She and Christopher sat down and began to talk. Christopher was studying Mechanical Engineering at Gonville and Caius College at Cambridge and was in the middle of his second year there. He was in the college rowing team and played cricket for the college as well.

Daisy was fascinated by Christopher's stories of college life over there and she shared her own tales of her experiences studying economics. They chatted the afternoon away, while also playing with Taylor and Ryan.

Later in the afternoon Angela called and asked Daisy to bring everyone around to her father's house where they were to have dinner that evening. She drove everyone the short distance to her house where Mark and Angela greeted them. Taylor and Ryan raced through the house and went straight into the pool, Angela caught up with Christopher and Daisy went and helped her father.

As Mark got things ready for dinner he noticed Daisy staring at Christopher with a whimsical look on her face. He smiled to himself as he had seen this look from Daisy before. He shook her out of her dream by asking her to go out and watch the kids in the pool. Daisy reluctantly agreed and went outside.

She sat on the edge of the pool dangling her legs into the cooling water. She was watching the kids but her mind was elsewhere.

'Christopher is such a nice guy. Good looking, smart, so fit. I wonder if he likes me..... No he was probably just being polite. Such a nice guy must have a girlfriend.... Oh why did he have to arrive today! I look like a mess, just in this singlet top and shorts. He must have a girlfriend.'

She was awakened from her thoughts when a voice asked "Do you mind if I join you Daisy?"

Daisy turned and smiled, delighted to see Christopher had joined her. He sat down right next to her and dangled his legs in the water as well. They chatted together, laughing at each other's stories until dinner was ready.

They sat together at the dinner table and everyone had a wonderful time. After dinner Daisy mentioned that she and Christopher were going out to 'The Beach Club' for a drink as it was such a beautiful night, and that she would drop Christopher back to Angela's. Saying their goodbyes they headed out the door.

Mark put his arm around Angela and whispered in her ear.

"Did you organise this? Bringing a handsome, well-educated, unknowingly charming international student to sweep my Daisy off her feet?"

"No I didn't."

Mark looked at Angela with a look of scepticism on his face.

"Seriously I didn't. I knew Christopher was coming up to stay for a week or so during his time at home. He enjoys being near the beach and the kids love having him stay. He certainly has grown since last year. "

"Angela I think someone else likes the thought him staying too. Daisy is smitten."

"Really Mark?"

"Oh yes. I can tell by the way she was acting and the looks she was giving him. She likes him very much."

"Christopher is a good boy, whoops sorry, young man. He will look after Daisy."

"Well let's see how this plays out for them...."

**********

A couple of weeks later Mark, Angela and her kids had jetted up to Queensland for a week away on Hayman Island. This was their first time away together and was also Angela's traditional week away with her kids before they went back to school.

It was a hot day as they travelled from Sydney. After the plane flight, ferry ride, checking in at the resort and being shown to their interconnected rooms, everyone was a little hot and bothered.

The kids wanted to go for a swim in the large lagoon pool that ran through the grounds. Angela agreed and she helped get the kids ready. Mark organised the bags in their own room, before getting himself ready for a swim.

He put on his board shorts and looked at himself in the mirror. He was thankful he was still fit for his age, but he still wondered, as he occasionally did, what Angela saw in him. Mark was finishing getting ready when Angela came bustling into the room.

She smiled when she saw Mark, kissing him on the cheek as she went past.

"The kids are ready and I told them to wait in their room till we got them." Angela said as she started to take her clothes off.

Mark then watch in utter fascination as Angela got ready. Angela took her shirt off and quickly reached behind her back flicking her bra off. She then dropped her shorts, taking her panties down in the process. With her back towards Mark, Angela reached into her bag and pulled out a multi-coloured bikini. Untangling the bottoms from the top, she quickly bent down and slid the bottoms up her gorgeous, smooth, toned legs until they were in place. She slipped her fingers inside the band and adjusted the bikini bottoms so they were sitting comfortably in place. The bottoms were cut in such a way that a lovely amount of Angela's taut derriere was on display.

Angela reached into her bag again and grabbed a hair tie, quickly pulling her hair back into a loose pony tail. Picking up her bikini top, Angela placed the already knotted strings over her head and adjusted the top to cover her beautiful breasts. Reaching around Angela quickly tied the top behind her back, adjusting the cups again to ensure she was comfortable.

Finally she pulled a large linen shirt out of her bag and slid in to this, before grabbing her sunglasses and towel. Mark stood there with his mouth hanging open slightly. His gorgeous girlfriend was pool ready in less than a minute!

Angela sashayed over to Mark, running her hand down his face and kissed him.

"C'mon Honey. Let's go and have a swim." Angela purred. She reached around and squeezed Mark's backside before heading across to the door for the adjoining room her kids were in.

They all went outside to the pool. Being such a warm day the pool area was busy, but not overcrowded. Finding some sun lounges, the kids dumped their towels and hit the water. Angela took off her shirt and lay down on the lounger for a little sun bathing.

Where they were sitting was near the deeper part of the pool. At the urgings of Taylor and Ryan, Mark hopped into the pool and began to play with the kids. Angela peeped out over the top of her sunglasses and a happy smile crept across her face. She watched her kids splash and play with her handsome boyfriend. She just couldn't imagine a more wonderful man to be with.