All Comments on 'In The Garden of Eden'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 236 Comments (Page 3)
gprevgprev7 months ago

Would have liked a stronger ending, but still enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good writing, as usual, Hooked. Another delusional bitch bites the dust. Four stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

For me the ending is the most important part of a story, its what i as a reader end up with. In this story it just fizzled out quickly after a long build up. Perhaps you applied the backlash gradually and you can't be faulted for that but it needed something more.

WillowghbyWillowghby7 months ago
I Was "Hooked"

...from the start of the story. The Eden connection feels a bit contrived, but the underlying plot is strong. Add in the narcissistic, conniving, lying wife who perceives her sexual favors as a cure-all. The loyal, trusting, but clearly not stupid husband. A surprisingly rational counselor (apparently in short supply in the LW world), and some equally rational offspring. In the end, a nice set up, build up, conflict, and a mere whimper of a conclusion. Great start, weak finish. Overall, an enjoyable read.

Keep 'em comin'!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Such a though provoking story throughout why it would end in such a way when the counselor could have had a much bigger impact on the outcome. Disappointed in the ending.

oldtwitoldtwit6 months ago

I hate, really hate to say it but it's so like so many others the same plot with the same words.

SeaChangerSeaChanger6 months ago

Excellent writing and plot. Keep it up !

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

@oldtwit.

What do you expect? This subcategory, 'loving wives', only has a few different variations... The hotwife, the cuckoldress, the hidden affair and betrayal, with a few variations on each theme, yet there are thousands upon thousands of stories.

But all of them will feature a wife or fiance, doing what a sensible, reasonable woman would never think of doing.

Of course, there are going to be repeated patterns. Of course the same themes will occur time and time again.

The only solution is to forego reading any more stories and watch 'National Geographic' to fill your time.

Stupid comment.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Always good to see a man stick to his guns. She just never understood the depth of her betrayal.

Chimo1961Chimo19616 months ago

A real stunned cunt.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Disgusting ex wife and her disgusting boss, theyre both filth that make me sick. Unfortunately women like the ex wife are common and think they are doing something upstanding when they cheat, but I guarantee they wouldnt approve if the roles were reversed and the husband was helping some poor women out by fucking her.

Wildbill1964Wildbill19645 months ago

That woman was a very delusional idiot. Thank you for a great story. 5/5

TwentysevenTwentyseven5 months ago

A fairly common theme which unfortunately relies on the wife being terminally stupid.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Story started out a little different for a Hooked formula cheating wife effort, but it ended up a cut and paste job, 3*

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Great tale, Hooked! 5 stars

somewhere east of Omaha

hbroderhbroder4 months ago

Return to form for Hooked… a great story by one of the all-time great LW writers!

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19694 months ago

liked it more than my 3 star rating, but that ending wasn't satisfying.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Spot on the money. Not one more word need be said. Seven stars out of five.

tsgtcapttsgtcapt3 months ago

Well, she got the justice result even though she can't understand it... is she really that stupid?! Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story. I’m sure scenarios like this happen all the time in real life. So congratulations, Hooked, for writing a realistic story. Five stars ⭐️ for this one.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sorry, not sorry but I just don't believe that she'd remain so steadfastly delusional. More than likely cognitive dissonance would in the face of so many counter indicators to her belief have required her to hate her (ex) husband thus obligating any requirement to think about the morality of what she did.

rbloch66rbloch663 months ago

The end of this was unsatisfactory. The consequences are fine, it’s the lack of detail to the things that needed tying up.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Neatly tied up. Nothing else need be said to assuage the wife's delusion. Totally and completely Hooked!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Another blind delusional cunt that refuses to see reality because that would make her a bad person but her friends finally understood after Kenny asked if they would trust her with their husbands. They knew they couldn’t trust her and they realized that they were also pieces of shit for tossing her to Ian so they wouldn’t loose their marriages. The dub slut would go to her grave thinking she was as good as any saint that ever lived.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Great story but I felt dissatisfied because Ian got away with it so totally and completely

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 2 months ago

I'm kind of surprised she never asks her friends why they don't invite her to their homes.

"Joanie, how come you never invite me over?"

Joanie refuses to make eye contact as she mumbles some ridiculous things.

"Joanie...."

"We don't trust you, Callie, OK!?"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"If you'd cheat on Kenny, who you love to all exclusion, how can we trust you not to cheat on us? To cheat with our husbands, OK? We just can't take the risk."

.

And finally having her *friends* label it as 'cheating' what ground is she left to stand on?

phill1cphill1cabout 2 months ago

Liked the writing style. the story was completely boilerplate "it took nothing from you..." trope.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Didn't care for it for more than a couple of reasons. First, the MC is a freaking idiot to have not seeing ANYTHING for 10 years AND to let his wife go on vacations year after year without him. What REAL couple does that? Second, the wife suffered nothing but a divorce. Third, none of the other turds- Ian's wonderful daughter, wife's friends and husbands suffered any pain for their betrayal. No one even had the decency to offer an apology, including the slut.

skruff101skruff101about 2 months ago

Ahhh the wonderful world of the delusional female.

carindenniscarindennisabout 1 month ago

You can't fix stupid.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

The wife is as stupid as this story. I read 3 of your stories and they basically use the same type of narcissistic wife.

Just_WordsJust_Words27 days ago

There must be a term for a psychological disorder like this.

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

You always seem to close your stories so quickly. Could you please add more to the end. What happened to Kenny. How did she fare in later life.

desecrationdesecration8 days ago

She seems fully delusional. The altruism usually conceals narcissism.

AnonymousAnonymous2 days ago

Agree fully with desecration. A real stupid and selfish woman . She has built up this idea of compassionate sex and convinced herself about it just to assuage her own libido.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous