All Comments on 'In The Garden of Eden'

by Hooked1957

Sort by:
  • 234 Comments
PorterrhPorterrh10 months ago

A bit of a nothing sandwich …..

SplitGeode66SplitGeode6610 months ago

I loved this story. Callie was delusional to the end. 5 stars.

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed10 months ago

Better than most of what goes into this category today, but I find it strange that ANY husband never asked if anyone else from her office traveled with her on any of the business trips she took. I also found it unusual that he never questioned why Joanie didn’t ever travel to see his wife in 10 years or that he had never traveled with her to see his old friends. 4 stars

CagivagurlCagivagurl10 months ago

It's definitely the question...

5 stars, the story asked a valid question.

Cagivagurl

francemanfranceman10 months ago

But of course, I'm sure Kenny has known plenty of depressed women who could also use a big (dick) boost.

But it's too bad he didn't know he could do it, I guess.

BigfundrewBigfundrew10 months ago

Isn't a good counter question - if it meant nothing and took nothing away - why did it require so many lies?

012Say012Say10 months ago

Excellent! Unfortunately more true than we would like. People use lies to justify their bad behavior and become trapped and consumed by them.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Implausible deniability!

5

Omart57Omart5710 months ago

Great story, H!

someoneothersomeoneother10 months ago

Good story, although it seemed that Callie was portrayed as too callous in her response to being caught. She seemed like an intelligent woman, and I would have expected a lot more contrition and less justification even if result would have been the same.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJ10 months ago

She will never admit to herself what she did wrong. I see a lonely life. Kenny will find himself become a hot property once the women in his office know he’s divorced. They will help him find a better woman.

SkubabillSkubabill10 months ago

Your stories never disappoint.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknight10 months ago

Another fine story from Hook. No Traci, but Callie was bad enough. Thanks for posting.

lc69hunterlc69hunter10 months ago

The wife was not written well

stev2244stev224410 months ago

Great classic LW story, well written, kept my attention throughout. Well done.

Tootight1Tootight110 months ago

Good story, gave it a 5, but think it should have been a 4. This story is very similar to another I read, but not the same. It was almost predictable what was going to happen, and did. Thanks for the effort.

Just_WordsJust_Words10 months ago

See really did cling to that one defense. He had no choice and she gave him none.

GamblnluckGamblnluck10 months ago

You messed up the time frame. On the first page you you had them married for 35 years as he carried the groceries inside. That would match with her being with the company for 22 and working her way up the ladder before the affair started. Then they moved away for 10...

But later you kept saying 25 year marriage. still gave you 5 stars

TangomoreTangomore10 months ago

I know it's fiction, but holy fuck how can a woman be that delusional? Great story.

UnassignedUnassigned10 months ago

Did I miss where you credited alex_lover for "borrowing" so completely the premise of his story "Revelations"?

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit10 months ago

I think that some people really rationalize things until they see it it’s truth and then they can never back down because their whole self image becomes embroiled. Thanks for sharing.

imhaplessimhapless10 months ago

"Some people are terminally clueless." 5*

shopratshoprat10 months ago

One of the better stories for this particular trope, but it seems incomplete. It would have been nice to see some consequences for the enablers.

Dlh143Dlh14310 months ago

4 stars instead of 5 because she doesn't deserve any kind of happy ending. She should have lost her lover, her children and her friends because of this!

PostScriptorPostScriptor10 months ago

Just a nit: accounting firms are partnerships, so he wouldn’t be promoted to director, he would be the managing partner.. Otherwise, well written! 5*

truthandjustice99truthandjustice9910 months ago

Good story but I would have liked to see him sue wife and estate of dead bum for fraud and 10 years of alienation of affections He also could place ads in Phoenix paper offering reward for info on his slut wife cheating with Ian Ross for 10 years Try to ruin reputation of worthless family

lujon2019lujon201910 months ago

Why didnt he scuttle the whore's friend's marriages?

shouldnt have been too hard to sow some seeds of doubt

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Except for the sex, most people adopt a pet to move on from a death. Why is it always just sex and not love? Did he treat her as his lover or wife; and others knew about the liaison; then it wasn't just sex. Did he make a deposit and se accepted, then it wasn't just sex. The husband is lucky she didn't have any STD's or get pregnant.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good story. What a delusional narcissist she was.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

she can continue to be delusional divorced and alone

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Callie was seriously deluded and not even remotely likeable but you did a great job of describing her.

skruff101skruff10110 months ago

Judging by the wife’s attitude and a number of the comments here, it would appear that there is an old saying that covers this quite nicely; There are none so blind as those that will not see.

InfosaugerInfosauger10 months ago

I would heave asked her if it would be ok for him to fuck another widow several times a week for the next year while saying he has long meetings. And would it be ok for him to live with her for one week each year for the following 10 years?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

It seems unbelivable (regarding last question sentence) but there are such people in reality . 5 * for realistic well written story

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Another delusional cheating wife trotting out the same old tired justifications even after they'd already been shot down. The cat was already out of the bag when she displayed such a disproportionate level of grief over the death of a man she claimed not to have had any contact with for the previous ten years. She further incriminated herself by failing to prime or coach their hosts ahead of their visit. The relish tray gaffe was simply the final nail in the coffin of her deceit and treachery.

Another fine work by one of the finest authors on this site, five stars.

WargamerWargamer10 months ago

A good version of an old trope. I liked the story. Poor Callie she never understood what she did was wrong. Kenny unlike us never heard the entire story, he was clueless of Callie’s disrespect. She was a shocker, a delusional stupid woman, who got what she deserved. Now she lives alone shunned by family and friends and the silly bitch still doesn’t understand fully that she reaped what she sowed.

Scores 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

story was OK - but something was missing - 3*

RubiconXRubiconX10 months ago

A well-done take on a familiar trope. Just enough BTB to make sense in the story. A good read!

SeeingEyeSeeingEye10 months ago

What about the constant lying? The days spent away from him? The conspiracy with everyone she knew at work? The plotting and secrecy? He is awfully bad at explaining to her why her cheating was unacceptable, making it solely about the sex.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Still struggling with this whole concept of court ordered counselling which seems to pop up in nearly all divorce stories.

What kind of nanny state is it over there than some judge can force you to go to be “re-educated”. Sounds like the sort of thing that goes on in Chinese camps in the desert.

I’m an adult and more than capable of making decisions. Doesn’t mean people have to like it but they have to accept it.

Enjoyed the tale but just venting on this one premise that has been niggling away at my for years.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Is this a variation on a similar story where the husband got a parcel addressed to V Brown ? (They both had the same initial.)

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Decent enough story, but a little emotionally dry. And sort of a nothing ending. But still in all, not bad.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That's it. I officially give up. I'm now convinced that this category will never, ever have an original tale told again. It's all recycled, bitter, angry, and pathetic.

nixroxnixrox10 months ago

3 stars for a standard 'run of the mill' BTB story with most of the usual excuses. This slut character is a classic example of the SELFISH, delusional, skanky, slut behaviour permeating almost every story in the LW category.

Where are the rest of the story TAGS????? like SLUT, cheater, whore, infidelity, adultery, disrespect, LIAR, etc, etc, etc.

kirei8kirei810 months ago

A good story but I scored it low because of no ending. You settled the callous slut back in Phoenix but what about the others. Does Kenny survive well? Is the daughter headed for divorce? Does the son disown his fleeing mother? Why did she return to Phoenix? Also, there wasn't even the smallest bit of BTB! How can that be after what the slutty cunt did? Shit, I just convinced myself to lower the stars from 2 to 1.

drwlguydrwlguy10 months ago

She knows he's right, or at least in the real world she would, butcher can't admit it to herself because if she did, she would be forced to admit that she's less than she thinks she is. She's scared if she did, she'd lose everyone's respect, not even willing to face the fact that she already has

RanDog025RanDog02510 months ago

Women? Who ever said they were smart? I've only met two (My Mother and Grand Mother, two peas in a pod) and it wasn't their education that made them so smart, it was Common Sense. I did my first top end at 10 on a 53 Merc. Built my first garage at 15. Started Grad school only to find out everyone was just like Callie and couldn't stand being around EGO driven WannaBe's so off to Boot Camp until they found out about my IQ and Common Sense and asked me to go on a Journey. Anyone out there experience that? Usually involved the CIA and State Dept., haha. Callie's are every where. My Ex was like Callie, lol. Great Story Hooked! Thanks. 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

rockdoctor63rockdoctor6310 months ago

Great story. The wife was self absorbed and crazy. She will never admit she was wrong because then she will have to admit it was all her fault. She liked her boss on the side and felt superior for keeping the secret.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well written story. But, didn't care for it at all. The ex-wife is beyond delusional.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Another delusional slut. The west really needs a moral police force

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Good tale of a delusional, self-centered wife never admitting she did something wrong and a husband sticking to his guns. It's amazing how women can take a stance on something and never, no matter what, get off her point of view. In all fairness, men can be that kind of jackass stubborn too. Well played.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The vast majority of female characters in Loving Wives claim they "love" their husbands "more than anything or anyone", yet throw their pussy around like bird seed from a park bench. They say "he is a great provider, great father, always there for me, smart, etc.", however they almost never state they love the person. It is always about loving they things they DO for their wives. They want to be married to the "good man, the security of their lives", yet they want to fuck the Lothario with a foot long schlong. The craziest thing though is that an overwhelming majority of woman cannot take more than 8-9 inches TOPS without discomfort and pain. The adage "women go crazy with desire" over a monster cock, is, unfortunately a myth. I wish I had a smaller cock about of 7-8 inches and not my 10+. It is a curse and not a blessing.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar10 months ago

This is well done. She never wavered in her belief that she was right. Unusual in a LW story.

6King6King10 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

demanderdemander10 months ago

He should have cut her off right away. As soon as he knew - at the house - he should have walked and flown home. Then, never speak to her again. Not live in the same house as she. Not watch TV with her. Not eat with her. Never touch her. And never listen to her twaddle. D

MattblackUKMattblackUK10 months ago

"This would never happen in real life!" some might say. But it does. A 5* story of hubris and stupidity.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawk10 months ago

A truly sad state of affairs and she never was able to figure out why. Thanks for sharing your story with us.

linnearlinnear10 months ago

Wow, that was crazy f-ed up. What a delusional woman.

FireFox59FireFox5910 months ago

Delusional wife at her best. Thanks for posting.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey211010 months ago

Abrupt ending. Kind of bland.

BoringOldGuyBoringOldGuy10 months ago

Denial is not a river in Egypt. That bitch is crazy.

dgfergiedgfergie10 months ago

Another story proving man's (and woman's) ability to rationalize anything is unlimited. Thanks for writing, of course she could have just been hit by the Martian Slut Ray.

Karn9Karn910 months ago

Great story up until the quick ending. Only 3* due to the short ending!

Busman19639Busman1963910 months ago

What a heartless bitch.

JTassJTass10 months ago

It's a well-written story with a thoroughly unlikable female character.

I agree with the other commenters that the ending was a bit rushed.

ZBSKRNZBSKRN10 months ago

The ending cost a star I liked the story but this one just seemed you looked at your watch and realized you were late for an appointment so you just ended it

rodryder44rodryder4410 months ago

A slightly different review of an unfaithful wife’s attempt to reason the dirty deed away. Four stars.

Freddog6601Freddog660110 months ago

Well written well hashed story with an abrupt ending.

c24jc24j10 months ago

Very good story, though for me anyway, it's always a bit more satisfying when the transgressor realizes, accepts, and understands their wrongdoing and feels some remorse. Some sort of growth is always preferable (again, just my opinion) . . . But I realize that may never happen with more narcissistic individuals.

inka2222inka222210 months ago

3 stars. On one hand, at least there was no idiotic "but I luuuuuuve her" hand-wringing that half the cucky LW stories aim for. On the other hand, she suffered almost no retribution for her evil acts, and still didn't regret the her garbage acts and choices at all. And there was no happy end for MC. I just hope his son in law divorces his brain dead asswipe daighter ASAP, before she cheats on him after they already have kids and he's fully fucked.

SwordWielderSwordWielder10 months ago

Good story. I'm sure I've seen this plot before - i.e. the wife helps the depressed boss after his wife's death. I would have to say the ending was way too short. Not only is she divorced, but it was a nasty divorce and I'm sure the whole family heard about it. Her son probably won't have anything to do with his mother again, even when he is married and has kids - lets face it - her moral compass is broken, and she is delusional - why would he have her spend any time with his family? Her daughter needs some couple's therapy with her husband, and they may need a post-nuptial agreement considering her attitude about her mom. If she doesn't change her attitude real fast, there is another marriage done. Hopefully the husband is doing well and maybe found a new companion. As far as Callie goes - I wish her a very long and lonely life, before she gets her just rewards of eternal damnation.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Your writing is great, but you have this go-to expression where your characters, when embarrassed or caught without an answer, always look down, stare at the table, look at the floor, avert their eyes, etc. When you edit, try another expression, such as look away, stare at something in the distance, inhale sharply, grimace, blush, gasp, etc. It's easy to get into a rut as a writer, but it's even easier to get out of it, because the English language is such a fantastic tool. You're one of the best on this site, and this piece was only further validation of that.

ImNotanAnonImNotanAnon10 months ago

Eh, decent story, but this trope has been played to death.

swfb70swfb7010 months ago

she was a whore

CaptainbklCaptainbkl10 months ago

I really like this story. Thanks

JimQ2JimQ210 months ago

Dlh143 - - She did lose her lover, children and friends. Her friends will never trust her around their husbands any more. The kids railed against her though the daughter was a little less. And her lover died.

CreeperclawCreeperclaw10 months ago

I liked that he held true to his convictions and went through with the divorce. Whether her "relationship" took anything from him or not, if you have to conceal something from your spouse then chances are great that it's something that even you know is wrong. What does it say about the person who does something that they know that their spouse would hate, repeatedly and then congratulate themselves for it. They were supposed to share a life together once they were married, so why was she living a separate one with her old boss?

I think that the story could've been improved with an expansion of how Kenny faired after the divorce, he's older now but still might have a chance at new love, or if he isn't inclined for that at least has his family.

Also I'm a petty vindictive guy, so while Kenny helping Joanie to understand why what Callie did was bad enough to destroy trust in her, I would have made certain that the husbands all understood the implications of their wives encouraging and even safeguarding a long time affair. Might help bring to light other "relationships" the ladies might be concealing for "altruistic" reasons... or just make them all doubtful and mistrustful of each other enough to make a good number of their marriages self destruct too.

But that's just me. Callie's relationship with her family is tarnished, her lover is dead, her old home is not hers anymore and even her friends are wary of her now.

Spreadaxle53Spreadaxle5310 months ago

There is a reason you are on my Author's List.

Why didn't Kenny sue the Corporation?

KRD19254KRD1925410 months ago

She was one stubborn egotistical woman, but then again she was a VP for the company (a fact not mentioned later in the story).

\

Was she a whore in that she took one for the company's success MAYBE but not to the common definition of that label - she only ever had an affair with one man not her husband. More astounding to me is that her loss of her kids respect did not snap her into 'normal' reality. What is yet to hit her full-face is will her kids want Grandma to council the grandkids during teenagehood - not likely.

\

She has a lonely life ahead of her....

\

5*****, Hooyah, Salutes....

laptopwriterlaptopwriter10 months ago

I can always judge a story by how it gets my blood boiling, this one did that quite well. Another great story from this event. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Amazed that some women claim to be smarter than their husbands, but just don’t understand.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

If that's your idea of love keep it. Yes that's my fragile male ego talking slut.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Another cut and paste job.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Callie is delusional. What if Kenny had decided to "help" a new widow from his office?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Sad. Believable. Well done. Five stars.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Portrait of a narcissistic stupid woman. Just damn!

.

Great rendition of this common trope. Thanks.

.

5 *****

Sumnut96Sumnut9610 months ago

A well told tale. What a stupid, selfish cunt.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

So, you're back with Traci, are you, Hooked? I never hear about her anymore.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Plagiarism at its worst.

SKHPSKHP10 months ago

Clearly close to a plagiat.

Alex_lover's story "Revelations" had nearly the same set-up, but was much more elaborate. I recommend to read that story before giving high ratings to this one.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

He should have hit her with would she accept him "helping" another woman who was depressed. Is that OK?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

There are spouses that are this delusional.

And the truth usually does get found out. That's why there's so many divorces in Western Civilization.

Lots of sociopathic selfish behavior...both male and female.

Good story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I think at the end it seemed like Kenny was trying to explain the colour blue to a blind man

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Nice retelling of the age old tale of the oblivious cheater. That woman needs to join AA, Airheads Anonymous. 5 stars.

abhi_studsabhi_studs10 months ago

This is literally the plot of Revelations by Alex_Lover. The least you could do is give credit.

RR431RR43110 months ago

My first response to her statement of he was hurt and depressed and needed to be saved. Would be great. Now I am hurt and depressed at the death of our marriage. Who will comfort me. Wish the story included him moving on happily b I know it’s not always that nice. And she needed burned a lot more. Loved the story though. Cunts will do what cunts will do. Shit always gets discovered eventually

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Well done sir!

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlenny10 months ago

What a skank, whore to an old man

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous