All Comments on 'Independence Day'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 533 Comments (Page 2)
JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinionalmost 3 years ago

Incredible 5+ stars.

I wish I were a writer to continue the story to the end of Ray's life. After all that IS the real end. I can imagine several endings were at the very end, all of the family reveal how there original decisions to go along with Josephine's choice to include Luke in family events and accept him as part of the family unit play out in there lives.

For the people that say this is not the way anyone would act if confronted with this type of betrayal, how the hell would you know. People are complicated. 40 years of loving someone creates ingrained feelings that are hard to ignore and go against. I found his reactions logical and in line with many men's thinking. At a certain age most men will loose some if not all of there ability to perform in the bedroom. I think most women retain there abilities longer than men. Personally that is when all the practice of making sure your partners needs are met first and if you get your nut too, well that's just the icing on the cake. That's was what Ray was trying to do with the toys and the oral, the cuddling and special affection he was giving Josie. I found it very real. I'm sure if she would have given up her desire to continue with Luke, Ray would have tried even harder to try and satisfy her needs. No one has a crystal ball but it would make sense that Ray would do everything in his power to find a way to fulfill Josie's needs. Maybe, and it would be a very big maybe, he would have found a "Luke" for Josie but that would have had to be his choice. It could never be shoved down his throat the way Josephine did and never would he be included in family events and celebrations. Thanks BigGuy33. This may be your best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Of course, it's a 5. "Slow Separation" was magnificent, and this is a delightful re-make, with enough different twists to make it more than a clone. BG33 is obviously a real nice guy, hard to fault him on that. His afterword about wanting to go BTB and BTF but finding himself ending up a little gentler may not satisfy everybody, but I'm buying it. It's rare that a BG33 story is ripe for a sequel, since he tends to wrap things up very nicely, but I can see one here. So when I make my move to shed the secrecy and take a Lit name, and get started on dem sequels, I appreciate the pre-approval from this author, one of our best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It's a trope because it's a fear. Women have a similar one. Good job on having him call her on wants vs needs. Oh, and "It's Good To Be Rich" of course.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 3 years ago

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do". This man did what he felt he had to do. Very well told version.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Mighty Horny - damn dude, don't hold it in. Tell us how you REALLY feel. You get that this is a fictional story - right? The only line I agree with was the last 2 sentences. A couple more paragraphs and you could have your own story.

Rocky62Rocky62almost 3 years ago

Disappointed thag u covered xmas runup and nee years but nothing aboutchristmas events and no fathers day? Howd u miss that juicy opportunity anfter slut wifey invites boy toy to mothers day? 4/5 scire

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I know you wanted to bring it full circle, from July 4th to July 4th, but it resulted in piling on the disrespect for him. The moment you wrote the family disrespecting him so badly, there really wasn't much a story to tell, unless it was about a wimp that took it. However, that is contrary to what you finally had him do. Basically, you took a two page story and padded it to four.

LakeeriegoatguyLakeeriegoatguyalmost 3 years ago

It's a fine story about the dynamics of three generations of a modern family...

5 stars!!! Thanks for your effort...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

He put up with it for a year?!? Plus he left her a paid for house and 400K? That’s insane! He was leaving the country anyway. Should’ve taken all the money, burned the house down, and crippled her. Let the traitors support her in every way.

ZK

amygdalaamygdalaalmost 3 years ago

Ohh wow I can see the others authors putting there spin on this. The level of betrayal is unreal.

mattenwmattenwalmost 3 years ago

You told a very good story there. I have to say, I would not have shown your protagonist's patience and held out for so long. But you managed the ending well. Thank you for this enlightenment on LW. Finally a really good story again!

textosteronetextosteronealmost 3 years ago

5* to BigGuy33.

I hated the story more and more as I continued to read. I couldn't stop. Your writing skill made me hate it and for that I applaud you. 12 months!!! 12 fucking months!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Would’ve been nice to have him point out how few husbands receive from their wives the frequency, variety, and enthusiasm for sex that they “need” in the early years.

ZK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Should be a wake up call to all who are or are thinking of cheating

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

BigGuy, in your biography you post, “You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation.”

In this story he doesn’t do ANYTHING to stop her from committing adultery. Even when he finally leaves, he doesn’t divorce. How is that not being a willing cuckold? Also, the wife’s lover comes to family events, and everyone condemns the husband for refusing to be there. Seems like humiliation to me!

ZK

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

I stopped reading this pile of excrement rather rapidly. I have issues with stupidity in the written form.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 3 years ago

I commented earlier and being a somewhat narcissist, I came back to read the latest posts. It always impresses me how people will comment but not really read the story.

"Oh, and if you're worried about me spending my golden years alone, no need to concern yourself there, either. I already have a companion and she's sitting next to me on the airplane right now. But let me introduce you. Deborah?"

"Everyone, this is Deborah. She'll be the one helping me spend your inheritance."

"Deborah and I have been keeping close company for about the last 4-5 months, after I told her what my wife had been doing. We've been working together for over 30 years, since she was hired on in the marketing department. She took an early retirement to join me in my new home. We've been close friends all that time, and the best part is that her 'needs' are no more than a desire for intimacy. Cuddling and kissing, and maybe a few more things of a personal nature, more than fit the bill for her. I'm looking forward to it."

For those of you out there, Ray had been taking care of his own needs, not just dealing with a cheating wife. Why the year? 'The next day, Sunday, was the 4th of July, and all the local family was coming over for a lunchtime cookout and then to gather again in the evening to go to the big community park for a fireworks display.' He ended it on the same day it began. Besides which, he was sleping on clean sheets most of the time.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 3 years ago

Decent

This isn't something you would expect from your 59 year old wife. I believe she lost tespect way before she started cheating. The family was atrocious. I'm glad he found love again. Should have stuck it more in the wife's face, the fucking cunt. And the lover? He would not have survived. Many different ways to go on with this tale. Go for it.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderheralmost 3 years ago
Good story premise but

Too many flaws and holes. If he was such a great father the kids wouldn't have caved so fully and fast. Especially with their mom not bringing the issue up to him first. I'm losing faith in many of these longtime Lit authors and their stories. I have been spending more time at another somewhat similar site who many classic Lit writers migrated to and the experience is much better than here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

LITTLE guy 1/3 inch …. take your hidden CUCK agenda …. your cheating WHORE wife admiration …. male hating …. CUCK LOVING story and shove up your ass YOU PIECE OF SHIT!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I really appreciate authors who take on this subject matter, this particular season in the life of a marriage. With the divorce rate where it is, very few marriages will ever get this far, even as folks who read at this site grow older themselves. The rallying cries for LW stories is centered on "starting over", "having a fresh start", "first day of the rest of your life", etc. etc. That's fine when the last day of your life is off in the misty future. And what about those of us that don't have $40 million in investments? Am I the only one? Or is writing about humans in typical situations just to dull or difficult?

I hope that some authors approach this topic with an mc with a sense of honor. Ray's claims about being a family man and a dependable provider and a good dad were totally undercut by his whining and procrastination.

If big mouth blowhard Ray had any honor at all he would have at least zipped himself in a body bag and wormed his way out the door.

LWlurker

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I totally agree that people have different reactions to situations. But I know many men that are close to being married for 40 years including myself and absolute none would put up with this shit show for a second much less a year. Wife should have ask for a divorce if she can't handle her husband's health problems. I know some commenters snicker on here when friends in low places are mentioned but I have several of them. Been friends with them since high school. As one of my favorite bands songs say "Dirty deeds, done dirt cheap" is what they can do. Lover boy here would have made their acquaintance in not a very fun way until he learned fucking a married woman is very bad for your health.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Can't understand some of the commenters. Yes he was a cuckold, and his whole family knew about it thanks to his wife. Who else knows does not matter a bit. Sure it took a year to get gone, it takes a bit of time to get the considerable finances lined up so that he could leave. Life and whoring go on as he gets it all together.He did it to all those that betrayed him in a way that would rub their noses in the dung that they tried to dump on him. LP

KRD19254KRD19254almost 3 years ago

There are a few things in this story that came out very late but would have giving Ray great emotional support over this entire year of cucking - that being Deborah at work, 30yrs of Deb's admiration and support, and now Deborah of his future. Otherwise if he had nothing (like the story erroneously projected) with his heart condition, at Josie's first family meeting publicly confirming Ray's cuckness, to discover the depth of Ray's entire family betrayal - I expected Ray's immediate reaction to be walking to his office getting his pistol coming back to the dining room aim at his head and pull the trigger letting them all watch his family answer. Let his family soo to suffer the horror of watching a suicide since they 'all' desired to accelerating a widow maker heart attack upon Ray.

/

Miss: no revenge upon Luke who willfully messed with a marriage? Ray had plenty of $$$ so he could have arranged for Luke to get a $K baseball-bat haircut every time Luke serviced Josie. Culminating with smashed gonads the third time he left the hospital since Luke just didn't get the message.

/

I'm just that sure I could have waited a full year of being cucked. Unless it was also due to is age wanting to hit the 65 mark for a retirement vestment - which is very plausible. VTW did he attend his last Father's day brunch - I suspect not with a betraying family?

/

4.5* but could have been 6*, Hooyah.....

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I can relate to Ray. And to what others see as his delay. He's basically a nice guy who has focused on his family for decades. To my mind, it would take months of seeing and feeling the family's sidelining him to make the decision to leave. It would also take a couple months to set up his departure. He kept his head. Because of that he salvage a relationship with at least one of his children and with his grandchildren.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

im glad he was able to move on but i wish he did it sooner. atleast should started the divorced or moved into the spare bedroom or something. his wife was right, since he didnt say anything it was assumed he was putting up with it and shouldve stopped showing any emotions like kissing. also, what kind of daughter supports that kind of behavior? doesnt seem like she really understands and still gave her dad shit. he was too easy on her i think and i hope she gets divorced. she will follow in her moms footsteps down the fictional road. it doesnt seem like the story was complete leaving how the wife deals with it along with her lover.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Now days there are remedies for Ed. The right clinic and it works wonders. 68 and it’s a rock and keeps on going. Makes my wife happy. A good story would be one of these remedies for revenge against the wayward wife

Impo_64Impo_64almost 3 years ago

Two whys weakened this story: 1 - why did he wait one year to get rid of his shitty family? 2 - Why the final talk? No one in his ex family deserved that talk...3*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

On technical merits, this story rates a four. Creative merit drags it down; there isn't any. I don't like stories about submissive men, nor men who use passive aggression either. Final score: a big 2, and I believe that's being generous. I think that's what happens when a writer tries to "include something for everyone," instead of crafting a story line wherein the protagonist goes on a journey from a problem all the way through to some solution, growing into something greater than he was before. This is just very sad...

ReedRichardsReedRichardsalmost 3 years ago

GambInL said that there’s no such thing as “it’s just sex.” Hasn’t he heard? Today’s ‘hook up’ culture is all about it’s just sex.

How many of us have had just casual sex with some random chick? I’d bet it’s lots, at least when we were younger.

Prince020402Prince020402almost 3 years ago

Well written but like most I found myself completely perplexed and frustrated when paragraphs started with "Things went on for the next few months..." or "The next holiday..." This guy was incredibly passive aggressive.

Two things in particular bothered me about this story:

1. Thanksgiving- when Luke showed up the conversation should have been something like "Get the fuck out of my house!" When the family came to Luke's defense his response should have been " Y'all choose - he can leave or I will. Talk amongst yourselves." It was a perfect opportunity to put each and every family member on the spot and let them decide then and there. Instead he ran out the back door like a little girl.

2. Eric had to be the most clueless dumbass on the planet. After a year and then had to have it spelled out to him by his FIL? If my wife ever supported anyone in cheating there would be an immediate conversation about her understanding of fidelity. "So honey, if it's OK for your mom to take a lover because your dad can't perform then you're OK if I take a 20 year old lover if you lose interest in sex at some point in our marriage....just to be clear..." Honesty Rebecca should have the same concerns about Leo's support. Pretty sure if those conversations took place (as they would in any normal marriage) Josie wouldn't have garnered the support of the kids easily.

...oh and involving the teenaged granddaughters??? Pretty sure that scene would have been more like "Grandpa and Grandma..... sex?? eeeewe!!!! We're out!!!! C'mon sis, time to bounce."

afanoffanlitafanoffanlitalmost 3 years ago

The older daughter will end up divorced….her husband could never trust her after that.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Why do women get dumber as they get older? It's because they lose anywhere from a half to a whole IQ point every month during their period.

And he is not much better. Waiting for a year to leave. Leaving her that much money. All he was to her was a meal ticket, so he leaves and gives her enough money that she still doesn't have to work. What a dumbass.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Ray should have taken a loan on the house and taken all the money. If the kids want to support the wife's cheating they can support her lifestyle.

26thNC26thNCalmost 3 years ago

Great story in the old BigGuy fashion. The only change for me would be a a little firmer talk with Luke about the body bag, and immediately starting the goodbye tour with Deborah that very day. I figure he stayed there taking her abuse for a year in order to get everything ready to dump the bitch. Glad he had some good company while he did it. How long does Josie think Luke will stay with her dried up old ass when those big boobs and ass start drifting south? Nice touch having the sympathetic daughter have problems with her husband too.

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 3 years ago

umm ok i enjoyed. that out of the way the MC in the story and the MC in the lazy ending were two different ppl. man i thought for sure he made contact again to show them proof of the daughters cheating . that would have made sense but that "contact again" for apparently no reason at all was weird

Freddog6601Freddog6601almost 3 years ago

I see this personally, as a well written unrealistic tribute to spoiled narcissistic women. The premise of this piece doesn’t have an address in my universe.

For an entire family to acquiesce to the lustfull wants and desires of a spoiled narcissistic mother kicking a loving father to the curb in a most humiliating fashion is beyond despicable. That said, for said husband to put up with that for a year is unrealistic in the extreme.

I understand the writer wrote this to probably pull some readers strings, and with me he succeeded.

tkh3nkey2110tkh3nkey2110almost 3 years ago

After the author's prologue you would think that readers would understand that opinions about how the story was developed or resolved are not welcome, but they still do. How you would react or what the protagonist should have done is beyond the caring of anyone but the commenter. Keep it to yourselves. I liked the story and how it was resolved. As usual for this author a tale well told.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked this one.

He had 40 years invested in a marriage and people don't just throw that away. He had high hopes that she might remember what a marriage was, but it didn't happen and he was only alone for 8 months so it was worth the shot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

No good reason to continue to provide large amount of money for Josephine. Now is the time for Luke to maintain the woman who gave herself completely to him. Ray should continue harassing Joe by sending photos of countries he visited but not the country he migrated to.

management91399management91399almost 3 years ago

I don't see the point in complaining that he stuck around for a year, emotionally he left the first time he saw Luke, after that he never compromised, never broke bread with the man who was screwing his wife. Between the lines, he meticulously planned his departure and actually managed to find someone who cared about him. I did find it one dimensional that throughout his year of exile the children never approached him to see how he was doing, their only concern was with the mother even though he had suffered heart problems no one seemed intent to suggest alternate treatments, counseling anything, just....dick don't work, get me a new one. And that was cold. A little too pat for real life but a great entertainment for the twenty minutes it took to read, Thank you BigGuy33!

techreadertechreaderalmost 3 years ago

He was 64? Deborah should have mentioned Viagra and a cock ring. Which is what MY wife suggested when I had that same problem, at about that age. I'm 70+, and I will never again have an iron-hard erection. but we still manage some pretty good times about twice a week.

eightytuneseightytunesalmost 3 years ago

So much time spent, a year, and Ray planned how to strike out. Revenge is always best served COLD. A lot of hurt and anger. When you get injured you strike out in anger and that is what happened here.

Never did Josie try to get marriage counseling but instead found a young cock, to meet HER needs. She just didn't THINK, not realizing that Ray too had needs and was embarrassed at not performing. The family ALL ganged up on him, as if all the bullshit that is said in today’s world, everywhere, in movies, forums, in stories [like in this platform!] that IT'S ONLY SEX. It is bullshit, and usually divorce happens. It will only be happy times if the sex is shared by the MARRIED couple, and not by outside the marriage.

Even in porn movies those porn stars [fuck you players, you do it for the money first, and sexual gratification secondly, and look at how many girls use a vibrator and finger themselves as they get fucked.

There is something to be said for the golden years and the dream that there will be a happy time. Bullshit.

5 STARS for creating something that is part of today's anxieties.

Dlh143Dlh143almost 3 years ago

Not worth reading! This author has always made his main male character a pussy in some way. It continues here. This cuck author must have a "Big Guy" cucking him on a regular basis because no man with any self respect at all would act like his characters. I wish I could give negative stars but 1 will have to do.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Like this story. Another way of handling things. All stories can't be the same, that would be just to boring. Give the Big Guy some credit for changing things up. Would like to see a follow up focusing on Kristine and Eric.

Wh00sherWh00sheralmost 3 years ago

Really enjoyed it, but a page too long imo . Completely slipped the sex scene, it just wasn't necessary in this story.

Disappointing he had 8 figure savings and left her enough to live comfortably. It just wrapped everything in a nice tidy bow. Zero hardship was an easy way to write.

He stayed a year. Come on, you are stretching it there...

Still 5* though.

MollydaKatMollydaKatalmost 3 years ago

BG33 reminds me a lot of thecelt who posted here back in the day . A super talented writer who would set up great story scenes , then make you pull your hair and scream at the cream puff way he would finish them , a lot of times in a RAAC .

I'm not putting that tag in all caps for BG33 , he doesn't do RAAC usually , but he does seem to write his protagonist to be more acquiescent than most Men that I've known in my experience .

BTW , I predict a flood of stories coming , in the January/February style that we saw over the past year or so .

Kudos to BG33 for being a good sport and allowing this . ( looking at you with a side eye Jezzaz )

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I liked it. A good short read.

swedishreader1swedishreader1almost 3 years ago

The hero runs away and leaves the wife tons of cash.

He really did deserve to get cuckolded.

The writer loves to make his lead males as pathetic as possible.

Why on Earth did you claim that you were originally going to make it a BTB?.

Why lie? The people who have read your provides postings know that is bs.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I think LarrynDalla puts its best

An excellent, well written story that I hated.

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 3 years ago
Interesting story

I was hoping he was going to something this hits close to home these two are mine and my wifes ages. However my wife doesn't really care if we have sex or not.

maninconnmaninconnalmost 3 years ago
Great story

I didn’t think Ray was weak in his approach. On the contrary, he approached it with one element that was critical to his character, dignity. He did not accept the hand he was dealt lightly, he played it to his strengths. His wife was left with the ultimate punishment, loss of his love. His children were each treated according to the level of their betrayal. And he is in a good place living his best life. He didn’t have to debase himself with crazy revenge tactics, so he didn’t. Well done BigGuy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago
*

seriously brain dead people here wtf

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Not sure why he waited a year, so what if it is independence day. Also, no way would I leave $400k! She got the house so that is plenty. As he said let the kids support her.

Regguy69Regguy69almost 3 years ago

Familiar story line. Remember guys, it’s Not a matter of “IF” you’ll have to face ED, if you live long enough, it’s guaranteed. Hopefully it occurs after your spouse announces she is too old for sex and doesn’t impact your marriage. Also, men with ED can still have orgasms, so was the selfish bitch, sucking her husbands dick? I’m guessing NO. I have no problem with him leaving the cunt the house and enough money to allow her to survive. She gave him nearly 40 years as a decent wife, so she earned it. He still had plenty to enjoy the rest of his life. Hopefully his stupid daughter will come to understand how stupid her mother was, but I doubt it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

hard to believe that he had such a weak first reaction to his wife cheating. She meets him at the door, in just a robe while exposed and her lover by her side and he really doesn't do anything.

xiluaxiluaalmost 3 years ago

In other words...very well written shit about a pathetic guy. 2**

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 3 years ago

The BTBAAC Cabal thinks the ONLY acceptable ending to a cheating wife story is for the husband to get everyone in an enclosed space and go full-blown Tony Montana on them!

.

Life isn't black and white, and perhaps living in your own self-made black and white world and unequivocally expecting a damn FICTIONAL story, which you get to read for FREE, to conform to your expectations, is the real issue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Credit where it's due, at least THIS time the MC's new supportive woman didn't betray him as well "For his own good", although perhaps that follow up phone call may have been at D's behest. At least not yet, only three weeks,give it time.

Anyone wanting to continue BG33's story as he would have written it will have some kind of intervention for "closure" in another couple of years. Maybe with the excuse being Leo and R's child(ren).

dark2donut2dark2donut2almost 3 years ago

BS wimping all the way.

***Then you started inviting him to family events and seeing him several times a week.***

Yup, imagine how rude of her! No wonder a wife could cheat on an impotent wimp who accepts her cheating. Why threatening with a gun when you are not even able to confront the asshole that is fucking your wife in your house for a year after you found out?

The author dragging this idiotic story with wimp taking depressive situation for a year only makes it more idiotic than it had to be.

Which man, with or without heart condition would sustain something like that going on in his home???

It is only your cuck imagination that made it so.

By the way, Ray is having close to 8 figure retirement moved abroad? Dude, you have no clue what you are talking about. Being abroad does not prevent you from obligation of filing your taxes and if you do not you will have IRS going after you. Foreign banks in most of the world will ask you for your passport and will log you in as US citizen. The US legal authorities can issue international warrant for your extradition. And where would you put money that would not be accessible to US law enforcement?

The only way you could avoid that is to move to Iran or Russia and put money in some of their shady banks, see how long would that be there and how would that work for you.

This mumbo-jumbo (without any explanation) resolution would also put a strain on the partner ("Deborah"). Which woman would like to keep a company to a man that has Interpol warrant on his head? And what is in there for her if this wimp gets heart attack for example? To put him in a hospice in Nigeria?

This whole drivel was designed so that author can sermonize in the last few paragraphs on a completely absurd and idiotic premise.

Strapper66Strapper66almost 3 years ago
Why Do Characters Always Have To Be Wealthy?

He left with a bank balance of "nearly 8 figures?" That's ten million dollars.

58% of all Americans have less than a thousand dollars to their name.

You wrote Ray as a hardworking everyman, doing his own yardwork, eating at Denny's, seeing movies, with a "modest" house. Sorry, but the character you wrote doesn't connect to his uber-wealthy alter ego. Guys (Ray) living the middle class American dream just don't jet to Europe or Ecuador with ten million and a hot new toy.

Killed the whole story for me. Right there. You torpedoed your main character. (And this story held my attention as I'm getting to the age where physical limitations are starting to play a small part in my marriage, but thank God, not to this extreme extent!)

Maybe many of the writers on here are the insanely wealthy retired types, with fancy cars, perfect women (except for the slut gene) and the financial ability to make any outcome situation possible... But I don't live in that world, and I suspect most readers don't either.

Thank you for all your hard work on this story. I truly appreciate the entertainment, and all the hard work these stories take, and I look forward to your next offering.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Legio...maybe the problem is more with you and your RAAC Cabal that don't have the balls to deal with someone who purposely disrespects and humiliates you. Perhaps if you and your followers search long enough in your rainbow 🌈 colored world you can find your balls.

BillandKateBillandKatealmost 3 years ago

So many nitpickers over this story that I gave 5 stars. "He waited too long" "He shouldn't have made the call in the Epilogue" "He was too kind by leaving his ex with so much money".

Well, I can see how Ray might need time to get over his feelings for a woman he loved, took care of, etc. for 40 years. He did state he was ready months before he left, but wanted to wait until July 4th to make a point. It took him the first few months to understand the level of the betrayal and, get his financial ducks in order, and most important - harden his heart to say goodbye to his family.

I can also understand the last phone call - he loved his family for so many years. Hard to turn it off completely, even after what they did. And he hoped some of them would learn a lesson from what they did and the results of their betrayal.

The wife's actions are understandable if you consider that for 40 years Ray took care of her wants and needs. She either always did, or became to see, the world through her own eyes; giving little thought to the husband that provided her with it all. Why wouldn't she feel as though he'd let her take a lover? The family intervention was over the top; but hell - it's fiction!

So, BigGuy33 - thanks for this morning's entertainment. Glad you kept the burning to a minimum, because for the majority of cases, that's how a marriage ends - not with a bang, but with a sad farewell.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

If you read the story without preconceived notions you would maybe realize this man had been an engineer/accountant/manager during his career. They are not known for jumping into action, they analyze and form a plan (and finding an ally) before flying off to a place he had carefully selected. Whether he acted a week after or a year the rest of the situation would not change outside of perhaps earning some credit with one or two of the kids. Not everyone is Dirty Harry but he still left them damaged.

To B'Guy - thanks but no thanks. I'll leave the writing to you!

somewhere east of Omaha

enderlocke77enderlocke77almost 3 years ago

tkh3nkey2110 with that logic there would be no comment section. good god i must be bored out of my mind

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Forget the naysayers. This is a good story . At 66 ,I can't perform as I bid 30 years ago. He did get a measure of revenge and stayed out of jail.

IndyOnIndyOnalmost 3 years ago

Your story could have reached a *5* status had Luke not gotten off scott free!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

A little quicker on his leaving and normally I’m a attack the guy every time . In this story the dope did seem innocent thinking the guy was ok with it and want coming back until the whole dumb family oked it

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Legio- you seem to have twisted someones G string up! I believe he protests too much, perhaps he has been in Ray's position and it brought up 'feelings'.

Like your comments!

BigDee44BigDee44almost 3 years ago

I like your story. In my real life story, we have a mother of 6- and 3-year-old girls who is in her second marriage, who complained that her first husband “threw her away”, having a 2-year affair with a man who lived in our home with a follow up rebound affair. All successfully under my nose. She told me about it 4 years after the fact. Later, menopause left her so dry that intercourse was too painful to bear. But she did not tell me that. There were just endless plausible reasons to not have sex for about 10 years. I proposed that I get to seek female companionship. The answer to that was she would be too jealous to accept that! Enter, dementia. I am stuck in place.

pepepilotpepepilotalmost 3 years ago

SOMETIMES, the remarks are almost better than the story. I think that many read these stories and are conjuring up their rebuttal of why the story sucked. So he left with an almost 8 figure dollar amount and by his lifestyle, that just couldn't be. In my youth, I became friends with two older gentlemen that would have you think they didn't have two dimes to rub together in their pocket. The truth of the matter was they were in fact multi-millionaires. They attributed a large part of their wealth to the fact that they didn't need a big fancy house with servants, nor big fancy cars to show off to their friends. Once again, those commenters were too wrapped up in stereotypical ideas of what people do with their wealth. As to the year that he took to finally leave, I think that he was a thinker and a planner. I think he was hoping she would see the error of her ways, but she was greedy and just kept making it worse. And when you look at the timeline, Luke was invited to the mother's day celebration, which was in fact just a few months before he left.

I saw several that stated how this was a typical story from this author, yet you still read his stories. What is the problem? I guess you have nothing better to do with your time than try to critique what you can not do on your own?

I thought the story was well thought out and had an ending that may not be all that plausible, but it was possible (and it is the author's story).

I proudly gave this story 5 stars and would make it higher if I had the ability!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Real Life. Well done.

nixroxnixroxalmost 3 years ago

1 stars - I really dislike this story.

However, this is just a fantasy and very little of it matches anything I have personally experienced with many friends and family members in my more than 70 years. So for me it would take a particularly nasty person to even consider doing anything even remotely similar - male or female. In this example, the wife should have gotten a legal separation before even considering this kind of relationship. The way she chose to do this was heartless and cruel in the extreme. Therefore, it was not a very good read for me and not a very good example for anyone else reading it, other than as an extremely negative way to act - which could end up life threatening.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I gave you a 5star for writing and a minus 5 for the story. This is the most painful story I have ever read. Maybe because I've turned 70 and my dick doesnt perform reliably. My first wife died when I was 63. My current wife is 23 years younger. I'm not rich. I may have fooled myself about our love, but I had 3 teenage girls who I wanted a woman's help to raise into good women. This story hits every painful fear an older man can face.

kirei8kirei8almost 3 years ago

No! No man could take the shit Ray did and be complacent for a year. Then leave the bitch 400k. He saw what that got him, she's still fucking the fool. The house, yeah, I like that but zero dollars. The last phone call should have been " in your face" rather than almost apologetic. A forgiving nature is good to have but really??? Wish I was talented enough to accept your permisson.

traddisagaintraddisagainalmost 3 years ago

very interesting but I thought Ray might have flown the coop much earlier than he did perhaps the day he caught them but on the other hand it can be quite difficult for a needy woman to go without sexual satisfaction. perhaps if there had been some 'talk' between them a possible recourse might have happened but there was no way that Ray would be happy for Josie to cheat in their own house. I think he might have accepted her ' needs' as long as it wasn't at home and he wasn't aware.

KoxokKoxokalmost 3 years ago

5 stars. I agree with pepepilot’s comments below

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

re:vitostr You're a fucking idiot. As to story. One Star for being the biggest pussy alive. Nobody would put up with that kind of shit from a wife. One fucking year of doing nothing. Unbelievable. Harry is right. Vile fucked up shit.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 3 years ago

Interesting approach. Ray never filed for divorce, so leaving with the lion’s share of funds can’t really be challenged. I don’t understand why he bothered with a valentine’s dinner before he knew she’d celebrate with Luke the same day. I’m surprised Ray didn’t fake illness to skip out of dinner.

At any rate, a year is a very long time to live with the pain of betrayal by his entire family.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 3 years ago

Good story, because it felt like the real thing reading it. There seemed to be a lot missing in the thinking aspect of the characters. Maybe hubby always wanted to try cuckolding, or anything to spice up their marriage. That whole topic was covered by, we tried many things including strap on. the depth of each character was so shallow. Thank you author.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

RR, yes, "It's just sex" is real, and it's just fine IF you're not in an exclusive relationship. What does it mean when a couple who are dating agree to be "exclusive?" That means that you don't even DATE let alone have sex with somebody else. So if someone in an exclusive dating relationship s cheating if they go to dinner and a movie with someone other than their partner, how much worse is it if a married person has sex, even if it's "just sex" with someone else?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

I find it take all of my suspension of disbelief that his entire family, including his son and son-in-law, accept his wife having a lover, but accepting Luke at family events, even when Ray makes it clear that he won't be there is a bridge too far.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 3 years ago

For those complaining about him taking a year, some of that was obviously making his financial preparations, and he stated that while he COULD have left sooner, that he liked the symbolism of Independence Day.

\

"But you never said anything again." - What good would it have done? She made her position quite clear. Any promise to give up Luke would have been hollow.

\

"You can't support another woman's right to cheat on her husband without having a little guilt by association." - I wouldn't call it so much guilt as by asserting her own right to cheat.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

re:pepepilot Here is another fucked up idiot shooting off his mouth. He'd give this shit story a higher score than five if he could. Figures, just another cuckold favoring being cucked. Yep, this idiot reads every comment too and then complains about them, because the opinions differ from his. Idiot.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

re:Koxok So you agree with that idiot that wanted to score this garbage higher than five stars. Another willing cuck favoring garbage. Harry had this one pegged.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

re: Mighty Horny You got this one pegged. I can't believe the cucks actually favored such a shit story of a man without balls. These idiots actually praised the scum bag without balls. Can you imagine that? The author did a good job of riling up the real men and the pussies all favored this ball less guy. I know it's fictions idiots, you don't have to remind me. As to the idiots who constantly tell the author to ignore negative comments, get a fucking life. Everybody is entitled to their opinion, not just you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story is so unrealistic, it's painful to read. The comments, as always, are good, more entertaining than most stories posted in loving wives. You sure can pick the willing cuckolds from the comments. I can't believe the authors Bill and Kate actually favored this crappy story. Coming from those two, who really write good stories, is a let- down. I guess authors have to defend each other from shitty stories.

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 3 years ago

Where to begin? Where to begin? I thought about this for quite a while and realized it was bullshit. Flip this in the mirror, and make the woman a man. that makes the man a woman. She goes through menopause, her libido goes to Florida, she's right interested in sex anymore, he is a disgusting animal and should leave her alone. He,on the other hand, has wants and needs; she won't or can't satisfy them, so he starts screwing around. At least in the original, the guy had physical problems. The feminazis would have a field day with this. Add to this her recruiting her kids to back her up, and it's STILL ADULTERY!! I would immediately get a DNA test on all of them, and cut them off. Of course, he paid for their liberal college education. Scorched earth. Nuclear option. Close all the accounts, eat the tax hits, shut off all the utilities, insurance, cell phones. anything, and leave. Let his fucking kids support her. and spend some of his cash to have the prick-ass kid taken out. Works for me. I'm just sorry I can't change my rating, snd give it a negative number. The Bear does NOT approve.

The BEAR.

vickitvohiovickitvohioalmost 3 years ago

1*. I’m just calling this a cuck story. No guy stays with his wife for a YEAR with another guy tapping his wife knowing about it the whole time unless he’s a cuck.

jimjam69jimjam69almost 3 years ago

Ray seems a smart and intelligent man. He has taken a reasonable course of action to rebuke his wife and family. He is being much nicer than I could be about it.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlovealmost 3 years ago

I have never felt more hate for people in a LW story. It was difficult to read and I actually had to stop reading at one point. Those were horrible people and I can't see past this to comment on anything else. You are very talented in getting to your reader. But my god, at what cost, lol. On his first meeting with lover-boy, Ray mentioned that he had guns. Maybe he should've proved it.

BOOMER1948BOOMER1948almost 3 years ago
Love, Honor & Cherish

Did Josephine:

Love - herself but not Rayp

Honor - no

Cherish - in her own mind, yes

In sickness and in health - no

Forsaking all others - no

Ray should have gone nuclear except for his granddaughters and daughter-in-law. His son-in-law as well as his son should have there spouses sign a post-nuptial agreements.

It would have been fitting for Ray to financially burden Josephine so the family could pick up the slack.

Good story, having Ray wait until Independence Day was clever. I would have been happier with a BTB ending considering the remorse and heartbreak forced upon Ray.

Crusader235Crusader235almost 3 years ago
So long

I really don't know why it took Ray so long to leave the Bitch. Just get your finances in order, have her served, and Hit the road Jack. Life's to short to put up with a spouses disrespect. Excellent story, five stars.

Aussie1951Aussie1951almost 3 years ago

WTF. He’s a stronger man than me. If I came home and meet some guy who just tapped my wife l would’ve kicked the living shit out of him, handcuffed the wife to the bed race to a sex shop to buy two biggest Dildos they had then ram one up her cunt one up her arse and left her there for the family to find and by the way. GREAT STORY ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

69GodIsDead42069GodIsDead420almost 3 years ago

God stories like this are so painful to read. This one especially so since he stayed in that situation for so long. Good job on writing a story good enough to make me want to strangle an entire family.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wonderful story, love your writing. I know it's fiction, but this could very well happen. Josie is a slimy whore, broke the heart of a man she was married to for 40yrs. Entitled? He supported her skanky ass and she never worked a job outside the home. She deserves an incurable sexual disease to make her suffer horribly and eventually kill her. Good. Maybe Kristine will save her marriage. Hopefully Deborah stays for the long haul, she's his real WIFE!! Notice, Saddletramp made it a favorite. This tells you how successful you are!

Enigma255Enigma255almost 3 years ago

I liked the story but like others, I was left disappointed with the ending. This story, more than others, really needed a BTF element and a stronger response to the initial cheating. I recognize that the father was 65 years old so physical retribution wasn’t appropriate but I just can’t see the father remaining in the same bedroom as his wife for the whole year. For retribution I would have demanded that the house be sold. Since the father paid for it this seems appropriate and would have extended some punishment by impacting the memories of the children and the wife for their “family home”. I also could not ignore the children’s participation and would have felt compelled to address it during the call. Perhaps something like this:

In response to Leo’s comment: "Thanks dad. I'll try to live up to the fatherhood standard you set, and I'm not just saying that."

I would have responded with: “Please don’t! I am embarrassed that I was unable to impart on my children the important lessons of respect, loyalty and faithfulness so please leave those lessons to Rebecca”

In response to Kristine’s request to speak in private, I would have responded with: “If you are looking for advice I suggest you speak with my replacement who you so fully endorsed. You are too young for him but I am sure he would be happy to offer suggestions on how you should go about selecting a replacement for Eric.”

tralan69ertralan69eralmost 3 years ago

@sbrooks

you must talk to yourself all the time. You ask and answer your own obvious questions.

Good story Big guy. Keep writing.

Rancher46Rancher46almost 3 years ago

I can't believe how a wife of 40 years could do that to her loving faithful husband. She seemed to conveniently forget her wedding vow about in sickness and in health, because Ray's sexual health declined she took on a young stud lover t satisfy her sexual urges, all I can say to that is shame on you Josie. Then at the last she says that she wouldn't have done it if she had thought it would cause Ray to leave her. Ray's only mistake was not to draw a line in the sand and tell her to stop fucking her boy toy or the marriage was over. How he let it go 1 year is beyond me. Of course this is just a story and the author created what would happen in it. But still what is life but a story, when Ray left he took the bulk of their assets, 8 figures as I remember and left with another woman, one who apparently appreciated him more than Josie, and I say to that, good for you Ray. Story line was well written and gets my 5 stat vote.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...