All Comments on 'Independence Day'

by BigGuy33

Sort by:
  • 533 Comments (Page 6)
DeanofMeanDeanofMean3 months ago

Just re-read that and honestly if she had come to him before taking a lover not sure if it would even have made a difference then but at least then she could say she tried instead of dumping him on it for me the cheating was not the worse part. It was the disrespect and her turning his family on him. Still a great story well written mind you it hits pretty close to home 62 with a triple bypass, but everything still works lol but who knows at 63lol

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

What low life of a wife and not to forget her family I say her family because they all deserted him when it mattered. A person who his whole life into looking after them and also paying for it all asking only their love in return. It seems only one had a little true love for him. If they loved him they would have pushed lovingly years before to get his weight and health in check. His fault really but a loving wife would find a way. Now when it almost too late, they blaytently shit on him. Happens so often with a lot of selfish wives, who think because he has always given in to all demands, he will continue to do so, even if they dont deserve it. The standard statement he will soon get over his little snit and understand my wants and needs. Its not affecting him so its alright, he should not be so selfish and understand if he loves me. Did she even discuss it with him before hand no she like so many others went behind his back.

As for him not being able to perform because he was getting towards retirement age and heart problems. What bullshit do writers think of i am 77 yrs and could still curl a womens toes up with no trouble at all but am not allowed to because my wife lost interest 20yrs ago but we are still together and happy. we are from that great southern land Australia and maybe love and live better here.

r

NallusNallus3 months ago

I think he really should've laid into Khristine. She's the one who mostly facilitated her mother getting an agreement all around. Their last conversation, he should've said you very very much disappointed and hurt me, but because your family I love you.

I would be very angry at her besides Josie, Eric does have a reason to be worried.

Very moving story. Thank you.

jtladde57jtladde573 months ago

thank you for taking the time and effort in writing your stories

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Ok story, although the ending was suboptimal with little regrets from the wife and no payback on Luke.

Odess83Odess832 months ago

Надеюсь другие авторы сделают достойный конец истории. Было бы лучше если бы он забрал все деньги и сжёг дом, чтобы вся семья осталась ни с чем. Это был бы достойный поступок для предателей.

Автор путает добрых людей и ничтожества. Это не одно и то же! Но у автора все мужчины являются именно ничтожествами и тряпками и доброта к этому отношения не имеет

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

LittleGuy33 ( and NO YOU DO NOT deserve the moniker "Big") consider this comment from one of your readers .... frankly he hit the nail on the head .... "This writer can’t write a character who has a backbone. Every. Single. Story is about a wimpy cuck who slinks off into the night. Him actually bothering to talk to his treacherous daughter at the end is proof of that".

Pretty damning but as they say while the truth hurts it still is the truth!

Darkness86Darkness862 months ago

Great story loved the ending what Ray did but if this was real to stop this earlier he would've told everyone to go to HELL

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago
Kristine

Ray's last talk with Kristine was week. He didn't need to lay into her, but she needed to be blinded with the truth.

.

Kristine: "No, daddy, no. But I don't know how to convince him of that."

.

Ray: "Well first, you need to develop some morals. You are still stuck in the thought that your mom is entitled to sleep with other men, because your father has a physical issue. The reason you can't convince him is because you don't believe what your mom did is wrong. So if it isn't wrong for your mother to screw other men, then it isn't wrong for you to do it too. Hell, you confirmed it again, by attacking me again. Face it, your husband is completely right to doubt your fidelity. Just because you haven't cheated on him, doesn't mean you won't do it in the future. You made that perfectly clear. Your continued endorsement of your mother's cheating will cast a darker cloud over your marriage.

.

So the question is are you going to get your head out of your ass and find a soul or are you going to keep inching your way to divorce. It the latter happens, you will have no one to blame but yourself. The decision is yours. Make it a good one.

LechemanLecheman2 months ago

The immediate comment below this one summed it up well for Kristine, her continual support of her mother's behavior is contributing to the death of her marriage.

I noted the MC never mentioned Josie's acknowledgement of Luke being her boyfriend - that alone would have highlighted her adultery to the family.

I did like how the MC all but forced Josie into selling the family home for her to survive. Ouch! That must have put a dent in her current lifestyle. Meanwhile the MC absconds with an 8 figure lifestyle.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

I personally think he should have taken all the money and not left her $400k. Let her family take care of her. I also think Rebecca and the grand daughters (maybe) are the only ones in the entire family worth a damn.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

For me the epilogue turned this story from 5* to a 3*. It ruined the story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Epilog ruined what was otherwise a very good story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

You reap what you sow. Josie is just starting to realise that. Kristine needs to keep that in mind or she will end up like her mum. Good story

BardnotBard

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbosabout 2 months ago

I'm not going to bag on the epilogue like some people did. For me it did not detract from the story. I think the thing were two parts -

<>

First, I could not suspend my disbelief enough to imagine that EVERYONE in his family was fine with Josie cheating on Ray and treating her lover how she did (including inviting him to family functions). It was just too outrageous of a situation. Maybe if the family was just their one daughter Kristine, I could see it - but I could not see Kristine's husband or Ray's son being fine with this. Anyway, because of this I couldn't really get into the story and it caused me to "eye roll" quite a bit at their antics.

<>

Second, I had a huge issue with how long Ray stayed in the situation, especially since he was so passive about it. I could see it if he was somehow taking advantage of the time, but nothing in the story really lead us to believe that. Instead it just seemed like he was senselessly torturing himself by interacting with his clinically insane family and wife. It's really hard, down right impossible, to cheer for a main character who is acting so hapless, even if they do pull it off at the last minute. It's better to see them try and fail than to not try at all. Hell, even if Ray was a total pushover and needed to experience a lot of pain before he rescued himself, at least that would be character growth. No one grew in this story, not even Ray. He just stayed essentially the same Ray, but finally left the place where he wasn't wanted.

<>

So, that being said, it was decently written, even if it was a bit hackney at some places. I guess it was mid-level? 3 out of 5 for me? It would have been nice to see Ray grow as a person due to his trials.

FoldingFoldingabout 2 months ago

I think the Epilog important and belongs. Many parts of this story were counter to what I felt might actually happen, Ray quietly eating that shit sandwich for a year as an example. However, he would certainly touch base with his family again for at least one of 2 reasons: first, the love for his family would demand he do this and second, to some extent he might have a need to rub it in a bit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

The story was ok, I just couldn't fathom why he waited a year to leave.

he should have left the first one when everyone showed support for his wife cheating, not put up with the disrespect for a year

mourambamourambaabout 1 month ago

Waited 1 year being a cuckold, then ran away leaving his wife with half a million and her lover in his house? Is this supposed to be Karma?

Then calls his family that betrayed him as if everything is good, and says "I love you" to his daughter???

All of your stories are about wimps who sit around for weeks, months doing nothing, then end up running away while leaving half of their assets to the wife. At least, bloody divorce the slut, or leave right away instead of sitting and pretending that you're angry

If I could give this 0, I would!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Wearily, they all spent the night at Josie's house that night. She would need their support.... Better ending. However, before they went to bed Eric went to get something out of his car but the front door wouldn't open. He tried the back door then the garage door. they were all solidly locked and nobody could get out. It was also the first time they pulled back the drapes and noticed bars on all the windows. They were trapped! At the moment, Josie's phone rang, it was Ray. "Ray, help us please, somehow someone's locked us into the house!" "Shut up you stupid cheating skank slut and try to listen for once in your pathetic life. Get everyone around the phone." She gathered everyone shouting that Ray. There were cries of "daddy help... Ray what the fuck is going on.?" "All of you pieces of shit shut the fuck up," Ray said with conviction. "Listen, I just wanted to have this last moment with all of you and see your faces when I delivered the news. Everyone be completely silent." They were for a few seconds, then Ray asked, "Eric what do you hear?' Eric's eyes got very wide. "Ticking Ray, I hear ticking." "That's right" Ray replied with an evil smirk. All of you betrayed me to death, so I'm returning the favor. In about 30 seconds the house is going to explode unless one of you picks up my gun and shoots my cunt whore wife between the eyes. Clock is ticking hurry up!" Leo picked up the gun, sorry mom, but I don't give a flying fuck about a cheating bitch like you." He shot her right in the face as she screamed. Leo looked at the phone, "It's done Ray, shut off the bomb. "Sorry Leo, you're nothing but a dumb shit. There was no bomb and the cops are on the way. Eric, you may want to try and get the gun from Leo. He did, Leo shot him too. The idiot daughter's were screaming hysterically as the police showed up. Leo, foolishly pointed it at them. Pop, pop, pop, Leo was off to another world. At the same time across town some of Ray's buddies were beating piece of shit Luke to death. They enjoyed listening to him beg. Both girls cracked up and ended up institutionalized. Ray lived happily ever after in the tropics.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Another weak man. Women hate weak men who don't stand up for themselves. If you are a doormat prepare to be walked over. The husband said ok to Jose sleeping with Luke. He should have shouted no it's no ok whore. I mean when you ok the cheating what do you expect when she gets infatuated with a new sex partner? Only an idiot would agree to that. Divorce among open marriage is at 90 percent. It almost guaranteed to lead to divorce. So I couldn't give a five star rating because of another weak male MC in a cheating story.

desecrationdesecrationabout 1 month ago

"I ended up taking a gentler approach." Yeah, there's your mistake. Just kidding. Nice story. In my view, very realistic in terms of timing, a little over the top in terms of how much the cheating spouse communicates, but on point with how things end, except that I doubt in real life Ray would stay in communication and admit to anything. More likely, he would just be gone and the whole family would blame him for "abandoning Mother" over the next three generations. In life, the most dramatic win the crowd. That they are usually the most narcissistic and sociopathic is not noticed by the thundering herd.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

There is a problem with being “realistic”. This is fiction. Many come here to get a tiny bit of release from real life. There is very little way for anyone in real life to get justice from a cheating spouse so they seek solace, if only for a few hours, from real life and feel just a tiny bit better that at least some fictional character got even and found some measure of justice. Maybe writers here would do well to consider that.

onecuriousreaderonecuriousreader28 days ago

it would have been more interesting if rays new woman, convinced him to go see a sex therapist, and that sex therapist referred him to a doctor that found the physical problem with him that saves his life, and got it fixed, bringing back his ability to perform. would be also interesting if ray new freedom revitalized him, because now that he put himself first, his health improved, his physical performance improved, and he became a better man, to show how the burden of sacrifice that he took for the sake of his wife and children, was the cause of him 'slowing down' and now with them removed as his priority, the ex wife and family can see that with out the love for them that they had taken for granted, weighing him down, he is a better man with out them. also it would be interesting seeing the ex-wife suffer an std for her efforts.

silverthorne16silverthorne1625 days ago

Sorry, but he allowed it to go on for FAR too long. What was it that was said. "None of them thought that Josie's relationship with Luke would drive Ray away"? That truly must be a family comprised of nothing but idiots!

desecrationdesecration21 days ago

I thought it was realistic except for the fact she talked it out with him. In my experience, most of the older women just find an activity that takes all of their time and then use one of those days to be with their lovers. Most of what they do is not sex but the girlfriend/boyfriend experience. Eventually the henpecked cuckold gets wind of it and moves into the garage. Then one day, when no one expects it and several days before they notice, he and his remaining stuff just disappear. Half of Costa Rica seems to be Americans fleeing shattered families.

gprevgprev16 days ago

Started with good bones, but Ray was a pussy.

AmbulAmbul15 days ago

I liked this story. Ray did not own Josie, he had no right to “punish” her, even as she was more and more replacing him with Luke. Ray’s leaving was an appropriate response, and finding a new person to spend his last years with was a bonus. Josie made her choice and so did Ray. Forty years of a good marriage is a long time, and it makes sense that it took Ray time to see if Josie was going to change her “wants.” I thought the story was nicely written and the characters were consistent and believable within the context created by the author.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster115 days ago

Second read, same five stars.

Without going into great detail as some others have, I thought this was well-written and easily deserving of the 5 stars I gave it.

I'm here for entertainment, and this story entertained me.

Nicely done.

Corny1974Corny197414 days ago

Glad I found this again, it is one that lingered in my mind. I have a story on a similar theme but with a childless couple. The betrayal of the family is very powerful here.

Harvey8910Harvey891010 days ago

Good story and I gave it 5 stars. This is an interesting concept that I can well understand as a man over 70. Ray loved Josie but could no longer function sexually. Josie felt it was her right to seek out Luke and start having sex with him. She lost Ray because she felt this was her right and she never thought that Ray would leave her over it. She was wrong. Imagine for a moment that you love your spouse with all of your heart and plan on enjoying your retirement years together but you could no longer function sexually. How would you feel if your husband or wife just started having sex with another person to fulfil their sexual needs. Josie did really replace Ray with Luke. She just miscalculated the consequences of her decision. In the end, she regretted it but by then it was too late. This was a really great exploration of the concept of sexual disfunction and how it can have a very negative effect on a marriage. Great job on the story.

AnonymousAnonymous10 days ago

A good tale, even though it feels unfinished. I half expected that had a medication adjustment that helped the resurgence of hid abilities, but given that Deborah also had a low libido, that really would not have made sense.

Well conceived, developed and written and presented. Five stars to be sure

/

JPB NOT BOB

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

Ending was incomplete. Otherwise, a decent story.

NicealloverNiceallover1 day ago

I thought you did a fine job with the story. Life slows down but doesn’t stop at 64. There are many people having sex in the nursing home to the point where STD’s are a concern. The disregard for her husband was astounding and the only thing that I found disturbing was the fact that Josie was oblivious to the situation she was creating as well as the family. I also think that you should have dwelled on Josie’s remorse by having her lover leave her for another or having her get a disease that leaves her unable to have sexual intercourse. Then she would be without oral as well.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBigGuy33@BigGuy33
Been writing stories for years, since I was a kid. Those were more tame and usually involved the head cheerleader falling in love with me. You won't see any willing cuckold stories, or any humiliation. I work in Loving Wives, Romance, and am branching into incest/taboo and gro...