All Comments on 'Infidelity Anonymous 03: Henry'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 31 Comments
MollydaKatMollydaKatover 4 years ago
He would have felt much better

If he had beat the Fuk out of her lover ! Just say'n .

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

I agree with the depression. The cheating was probably a symptom of her depression as well. Had she seen a different therapist, she probably would have been diagnosed correctly.

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 4 years ago
Close to home

I’ve seen this one. Close friend. Wife was always ‘a little difficult’ - confrontational, couldn’t get along with almost anyone, estranged from her own mother and brother. But they held on for twenty years. Then, all of the sudden, she became hostile to the extreme - psychotic even. Fell into coworker infidelity, but that was only one of a slew of symptoms. Psychologists, therapy, a witches brew of antipsychotic drugs - they threw everything at her to ‘bring her back’. Then one night he went to work, and she swallowed a bottle of pills in the bathtub and drowned herself.

That was a few years ago - he has since recovered and moved on. The infidelity, in retrospect, was an insignificant facet of the tragedy of her demise. A nightmare with no answers - just a few ‘educated guesses’ from the professionals, and a funeral as an exclamation point.

Close to home on this one. A gut punch to be sure. Like a William Styron novel.

Thanks, I think. Very powerful and evocative piece.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooterover 4 years ago
Wow!

First, I don't blame Henry at all. He tried. He tried everything, it seems.

His wife clearly, bears most of the blame, but often the depressed patient doesn't know they are ill. She was probably aware but ignorant, blameless in her own eyes to the end.

The therapist with an agenda is, therefore, at fault for not recognizing the problem. Should she be sued and held liable? I think so but only a governing body would have the qualifications to make that call. I believe only they could recommend civil or criminal legal proceedings, but I don't believe in this #metoo era that driving an agenda would be prosecuted.

I have one helluva infidelity story, too, but I'm going to write it up - when able. It's a doozy and needs to be told.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Big Strong Man vs. Fallible Woman

Yet another Big Strong Man vs. Fallible Woman story. The misogyny on this site appears to know no limits.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 4 years ago
Just_Words...

...is a world class story teller. Thanks.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 4 years ago
Another stupid anonymous claiming misogyny.

His wife didn’t give a shit about her kids. She could have been honest and asked for a divorce. Instead she cheats with an asshole (who needs punishment) then brings in a man hating “councilor”. Then finally destroys everyone’s lives by taking a coward’s way out. Annony can shove the misogyny up her anonymous ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I never understand

why men whos wives treat them like shit and cheat on them and blame them for their bad behavior are sad when the cheating cunts finally die

I mean, hello insurance pay out, hello malpractice suit, hello life with out a lying cheating fuck slut

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
An intense story, . . .

but what is supposed to be erotic or compelling about a mentally ill person committing suicide? It would make just as much sense if she ran off with another man, or woman, or joined a convent, or had a sex change operation. That's the weakness of a story that features mental illness. The crazy character can do anything, or nothing, without any explanation or understanding. Oh, she was crazy, so she did a bunch of crazy shit then killed herself. And the reader is left thinking, yeah, so what? Doesn't make any sense, and doesn't have to; she's crazy.

Of course the husband was a clueless spinless cuck: "I never did learn what my wife told her about the whole business." So his mother in law never asks what made him so angry, and he never asks what did my wife tell you. So to escape her life with this effeminate poltroon, she takes to cheating with a cruel asshole who sends pictures of her whoring to her husband. Oh, that's right, she's crazy. Doesn't have to make sense.

Keep up the good work. I believe there are a few readers who think at your level. Hope you enjoy each other.

MattblackUKMattblackUKover 4 years ago
Anon who asked what was erotic about this story? The story is published in Non-Erotic

Therefore, it was not an erotic story.

It was, however, a very truthful and painful story. And worth every one of the five stars.

tizwickytizwickyover 4 years ago
Seems Like Everyone Lost Something More Than They Ever Gained

Henry was obviously victimized twice once by his wife's infidelity and then again by the incompetent "counselor". The mentally ill cheating slut wife was also victimized twice once by her own stupidity through her cheating and then again by choosing the incompetent man hating feminist "counselor". And their children were the biggest losers in this modern tragedy they lost everything associated with a normal happy childhood. No winners and no happy endings just varying degrees of tragic loss, and heartbreak.

CumminginsiderherCumminginsiderherover 4 years ago
Wow, this story was a mess.

It's like you have given up on trying to write something of substance and are just writing for cheap shock value. No character development at all. It's impossible to like or relate with any of them.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago
I've got to agree with anon

Why the hell would Henry be sad when his cunt of a wife tops herself?

She was a shit mother who abused her kids.

She made his home life a living hell.

She started fucking around and her lover taunted him about being a cuckold.

Seeing her cold lifeless body would be a relief! He endured two years of bullshit from her and now he's finally free of it all, with no messy divorce, and a nice life insurance payout to help take care of the children.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
great sad story

shame he probably won't get any insurance money as it was suicide. So now he is stuck with a huge bill on top of her cheating and abuse.

GrimmerGrimmerover 4 years ago
What happened ...

to the kids?

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 2 years ago

What a heat breaker. You've got to know that this is a true story for someone out there somewhere.

Harryin VAHarryin VAabout 2 years ago

DEPRESSED people don't cheat

DEPRESSED people have no sex drive

RanDog025RanDog025almost 2 years ago

Very sad story very well written. Thank you. 5 BIG FAT STARS!

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Can

Can someone out there,explain to me ,why she committed suicide?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

6 weeks after this story the arsehole was found beaten badly in an alley. Even though he survived he was not the same again. He would never have sex with another woman (married or not) as his testicles were destroyed and his dick cut off.

When the Police questioned Henry he had many alibi witnesses as he was at the weekly IA meeting.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year agoAuthor

^ Anonymous, I think you need a meeting...

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Henry's wife was a hoe and that cuck should have thrown her out. She's the only one who had the balls to end her miserable life. Good riddance to bad rubbish

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Understand the concept.

BUT having him see signs of her emotional and mental affair with another that spilled over on kids and not taking action immediately!?!?

Just another cuck and Wimp

Calico75Calico758 months ago

Nitpic, I think she committed suicide because she was severely depressed, incredibly unhappy and in pain, and saw no other way out of the pain. The affair she had did not decrease the pain; it may have made it worse because then guilt pays a role, too. Suicide doesn't make sense to those left behind. Henry did what he could, and now must deal with the guilt even though it was not his fault. Very powerful story.

Just_WordsJust_Words8 months agoAuthor

@ Cakuci75 - Thank you. I think you summed it up nicely.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Harryin VA would have us believe he's some sort of expert. Perhaps he's judging the other 8.977356B people in the world by his reality.

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19694 months ago

Horrible tale that was nicely written.

Can we get a short story about the shitty councilor's reaction to the suicide?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Sad sad tale of someone who probably was clinically depressed. He tried to get her to come to counselling and she refused. If the individual suffering won't seek help unfortunately they will probably get worse unless they are a danger to others and get sectioned. Therefore self harm and/or suicide is more likely. Its probable that the affair was a result of her depression too I suspect that the colleague was some form of predator into humiliation. Suicide is never good and always leaves those behind feeling guilty that they didn't stop them. If anyone feels so bad they are thinking of ending things please reach out for help. For you and for the sakes of those who know you. Another good story even with the awful ending. As you said it's not always a happy ending. BardnotBard

Just_WordsJust_Words3 months agoAuthor

@ BardnotBard - I think you hit the nail on the head. It's hard for good people to learn that sometimes there is nothing they can do.

AstordatairAstordatair3 months ago

People suffering from depression will often refuse to seek help, either because they do not realize they have a problem, or because they feel that admitting they need help would be like surrendering the little bit of control they think they still retain over their own life. Henry's wife clearly never got to open enough to be helped. Which makes this story sad but very realistic, unfortunately. I think this story is a pearl, and give it 5*. Many thanks for sharing it.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES