All Comments on 'Infidelity Anonymous 04: Joy'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
MordechaiJonesMordechaiJonesover 4 years ago
This series is interesting

Not a home run, but a good solid double. I look forward to reading more of them.

The Style GuyThe Style Guyover 4 years ago
Just_Words

But in this case, very powerful words.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Marriage isn't about a choice, . . .

marriage is a daily decision. You have so many characters talking about making a bad choice, and at first the marriage was great, then it was terrible, then it was over. You describe relationships that are not marriage partnerships, they are games of "Gotcha." Hey, you said you loved me and we took vows so now I have expectations and you've got commitments and . . . Gotcha. You gotta be a good spouse whether you are happy or not, whether you still like being married or not, whether you decided you made a bad choice or not. What a complete load of missing the point and denying reality.

Marriage is not an event that took place and now binds you to some promise or lifestyle that you no longer want, respect, that you no longer love. That's reality. Everyday of a marriage is a renewal of your decision to be married. That's how successful marriages survive, and mistaken marriages are responsibly and respectfully ended.

If you spouse cheats on you then you married the wrong person. And who's fault is that? If the whore or asshole is too stupid or unethical to appreciate your marriage then you are better off without that person in your life. Move on and do a better job of finding a whole intelligent ethical person to be your mate. Oh, you want this wonderful virtuous human being to be rich, and fuck you like a God? Then maybe you're not quite mature or honest enough to enter into a marriage partnership. If you can get virtuous, intelligent, and healthy, then you are 99% there to a wonderful marriage partner. If you are waiting for more, then good luck and enjoy the singles scene, for the rest of your life. Or continue to suffer multiple bad marriages.

There a A LOT of happily long marriages. Talk to some people who have achieved a long solid marriage and learn from what they tell you. It ain't easy, and it ain't impossible. Good luck.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Cheat, swing, swap, friends with benefits .......

Call it what ever you want. Once the bond of fidelity is breached the relationship as a couple is over. 100% of the time. Let me repeat....100% of the time.

Once fidelity is gone, shortly after ( in some cases immediately) respect and trust follow.

Now I know some will say that about 30% or so of marriages survive this or, this type of marriage works for some people. That is all bullshit. After the line is crossed there is no marriage anymore “ really “. That 30% you tout is just the people to lazy or stupid to follow through. And no I’m not referring to uneducated as stupid. Most of that 30% are usually highly educated and feel they have evolved. They are good at making arguments for their short comings and lack of character.

Now I know most of the 30% will feel offended or will say “ you just don’t understand”.

Well you keep on living in your Orwellian bubble. They only ones who don’t see that you are just weak and or defective are you.

If you think fidelity is not that important, do the world a favor and never get married. Better yet, get yourselves fixed so you can sample to your hearts content and never have to burden society with your tainted progeny.

The really sad thing about your beliefs is that when you wake up in the hospital ( if your lucky) recovering from the accident you had. You blame others as being unable to separate love from “JUST SEX”.

Well, to each his own. Good luck on your future endeavors....lol

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
And The Beat Goes On***

There are at least 8,000,000 stories of infidelity and cheating, and we have just read some of them. And I going to read some more!! 🙄😵Thanks for sharing

Calico75Calico758 months ago

"...and it leaves you with doubt." So true. So true.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES