Ingrid's Dark Secret Passion Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Luckily for her, Otto Hellmesberger, who would share the Grammy should they jointly win the Best Orchestral Performance Grammy, was prepared to go to Los Angeles for the awards ceremony. From his perspective, this unexpected accolade, was a welcome diversion from his current dreary lifestyle. Better yet, it would remind classical music lovers of his past glory. Also, it would not be lost to the minds of serious music enthusiasts, that he was being recognized as a serious conductor despite leading an orchestra composed of essentially amateur musicians.

That being the case, Otto Hellmesberger happily agreed to represent Ingrid, and accept on her behalf any Grammy award bestowed to her. Not too surprisingly the two classical music Grammies were accorded to Ingrid. However, the shocking surprise occurred in the televised evening ceremony, wherein it was announced that Ingrid did win the coveted Best New Artist Grammy award, the only classical music artist to have ever been so honored.

Despite his relatively advanced age, Otto skipped with a jaunty step in striding on to the stage and reach the podium to accept the award on behalf of Ingrid. Addressing the crowd and the vast television audience, he spoke in perfect English but with a typical Germanic accent, "First of all I wish to thank the Recording Academy for recognizing Ingrid Losnedahl's amazing musical talent and skills by presenting this award. Ingrid could not be here tonight, as she still is a student musician at the Universität für Musik und, darstellende Kunst Wien. Or as you Americans and other English speaking persons would say, the University of Music and Performing Arts Vienna."

There was a titter of laughter audible from the audience at Otto's droll opening remarks. He continued with his acceptance speech, "It has been my pleasure to be Ingrid's special mentor during the past two academic years at the University. In all my years as a concert pianist and as a teacher of music, I can honestly say I have never encountered a more proficient pianist, and I've had the occasion to meet most of the best. Actually, I used to play the piano as well with some success, but I confess my abilities pale against hers.

"Ingrid will be returning to the United States this summer to complete her musical education at Ohio State University. Then she will no doubt launch her concert career. Since she is an American citizen, hailing from Toledo, Ohio I believe, all of you here, and the Americans in the television audience will have ample opportunity to see and hear Ingrid perform live in the various concert halls throughout this nation. In fact, no matter where you live in the world, I am sure that you will be able to have the opportunity to see and hear her perform live somewhere near you, sometime in your lifetime.

"I would suggest to all of you, even if you're not particularly fond of classical music, that you should avail yourself of such opportunity. Because I can predict with the same certainty as I can predict that the sun will rise from the east tomorrow morning, that Ingrid Losnedahl will be the premier piano virtuoso of our time.

"Again, on behalf of Ingrid, I thank the Recording Academy for this recognition."

Ingrid's nonchalance reaction to her victories at the Grammies was quite evident in her first public media interview. An Austrian newspaper reporter first caught up with her, as she was about to attend a class at MDW the following morning. The on the cuff interview transpired as follows:

"Hello, Ingrid Losnedahl?"

"Yes! Can I help you?"

"I'm Renate Löffler, from the Krone. I'd like to ask you a few questions about the Grammy Awards television show broadcast last night from Los Angeles in the United States. You were nominated for three Grammy awards for your DGG recordings of your concert you gave last year here at the MDW?"

"Yes, that's correct. Otto Hellmesberger, my academic advisor, set up the concert last May, and arranged for DGG to record it along with my recording of the Chopin Nocturnes last July."

The reporter was nonplussed by these sparse facts, so she asked, "And DGG agreed to record you even though, as I understand from my notes, that you have not yet publicly performed at the Musikverein, or for that matter any public concert hall of any reputation."

"Yes, that's correct, but perhaps my winning the Tchaikovsky International Competition about four years ago had something to do with DGG's acquiescence."

"I see, and for this recording, you were nominated for the American Grammy Awards?"

"Yes, I was nominated for the Best Classical Instrumental Solo, and Otto and I were jointly nominated for the Best Orchestral Performance."

"And you were also nominated for the Best New Artist Award?"

"So I understand."

"So you understand? You're the only classical music artist to have ever been nominated for what I understand is one of the four most important awards in the show?"

"I was indeed advised that I was the only classical music artist ever nominated for that award, but I hasn't aware of its significance. I've never ever watched the telecast of this awards show."

"So, you didn't watch last night's show either?"

"Of course not. I understand that the show would not have started before 03:00 AM our time. So, naturally I was asleep."

"You are unaware of the results, then?"

"Otto has texted me that I did win the solo instrumental award and we won the Best Orchestral Performance award as well."

"What about the Best New Artist Award?"

"Oh, is the show over then?" Looking at her watch, and seeing that it was 08:55 AM, Ingrid added, "I think it's not yet midnight in Los Angeles."

"Yes, the show is over. And you won the Best New Artist award, the only classical music artist to have done so. What have you to say to that?"

"Really? Well, I'm thrilled to hear that. I must say I do like their gold-plated trophies, each depicting a cute looking gilded gramophone."

The reporter was getting exasperated by Ingrid's irreverent answers, as she continued, "Otto Hellmesberger, in accepting the award on your behalf said that he believed you will eventually become the most prominent pianist in the world."

"It was kind of him to say that."

The reporter was now goaded to ask scornfully, "And do you think you merit such praise?"

Ignoring the blatant animus of the question, Ingrid answered mischievously, "Well I do practice a lot on the piano every day. That is unless I'm not otherwise engaged in sex."

With that Ingrid strode away leaving the reporter stunned with her mouth gaping.