Inhumane Resources

Story Info
HR Managers share husband, malpractice may doom their family.
18.1k words
4.06
15k
17
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Copyright © 2023 OmegaPet-58

Author's note: There is NO adultery and NO revenge in this story. It may have been visible to you in the wrong category. This is a romance with a poly relationship. If you were expecting something else like "BTB" please quit now. I'm sorry for any misunderstanding.

Chapter 1: Barbecue

At the office picnic and barbecue, Lara was distracted. She held her now-empty disposable plastic tumbler tilted toward the ground. Turning her head slightly, she saw the most beautiful man she had ever encountered. Being in her early thirties, this was no small event. Turned slightly away, he was talking to another guy.

"Why has this stranger affected me like this? Like I remember from a kid's book: 'He's not short, tall, big, or small.' But those eyes! They just draw me in. Lashes like that should be illegal on guys. Lots of curly black hair. Trimmed beard, under a killer smile. Killer! Who is he?"

"I did NOT expect to see a cute guy here today, I know everybody in the office. He's not from our shop, for sure. Very, uh, healthy looking: my age but no gut."

Just then, Lara's thoughts were disrupted when Celia (her work partner and friend from the adjoining office) appeared at her elbow.

"Here, Lara, I saw you were dry." Celia slipped a newly filled cup into Lara's old one, nesting them together.

"Wow, thanks for the refill, Celia, you notice everything!" Conspiratorially, "I gotta ask, do you know that guy?"

"What guy?"

"Are you kidding? The extreme hunk over there. He's doesn't work for us, I'm sure of it."

"Hunk? Who?"

THAT guy."

You think he's good looking?"

"Stop teasing me! Yes, I have eyes. I am trying to think of an excuse to go meet him."

"Well, he is moderately attractive, I guess."

"Celia!" hissed Lara, sotto voce. "Focus! Do. You. Know. This. Guy?"

"Well, kinda. He and I have been married for about nine years, now."

And in that moment, Lara felt stunned. She sloshed a bit of her drink on the grass and covered up her reaction with some coughing.

Celia chuckled, catching her husband's eye.

Davis

The man of the hour was walking towards them. Lara kept her composure, outwardly.

"Davis, this is my office buddy, Lara Norton; Lara, my husband, Davis Catania."

Lara: "Hello, Davis. I'm glad to finally meet you."

"And I'm happy to meet you, Lara. Celie has talked about you often, it's all good, I promise."

"I hope so. I'm afraid she never mentioned your name to me before, just, 'my husband.' So Celia didn't take on your name, if I can ask?"

She answered, "I didn't want to be 'CC', so I just kept my birth name. It's easier to keep 'Celia Burton' on all my records and ID."

The conversation continued covering various light topics, "small talk," like you might hear at any picnic or party. This was a relief to Lara, who was still struggling with her internal reactions to him.

Close up, Davis was even more overwhelming. In the strong sunlight, parts of his black hair actually glinted blue. His features were strong and symmetrical. Lara was careful to keep her eyes up. Being herself attractive, she loathed men who "talked to her tits" instead of her face. But temptation was strong!

Basic information, some of which Lara already knew, was being shared. Celia and Davis had met in college eleven years ago, married after graduation. No children. Also an office worker, Davis kept himself in good shape with a gym membership.

"I think the sun is starting to get to me, guys, I'm going to skip out now and cool off. Great to meet you, Davis, and I'll see you at work, Celia. Bye, now!"

In truth, it wasn't the sun that was heating Lara, but a different heavenly body, 5' 11" tall [180 cm] and topped with black curls.

—— —— ——

Chapter 2: The Horny Dilemma

Lara rushed home, stripped, hopped in her bed, and jilled off. Although this day she had a new motivation, she had only a small orgasm. She had just never found much pleasure from her own hand. Or from toys, for that matter.

But with the right partner, she could enjoy total satisfaction. It was something about feeling the pressure and weight from another body, and the feeling of being banged over and over. She loved doggie style—when his hips would crash against her butt. And missionary, his pubes hitting hers, nudging her clit with each stroke: bringing fireworks and satisfaction.

"Today is like always, on my own I just don't get any real relief! So, now what?

"It's been months since my last relationship. I miss, I need having a guy. Davis is the first I've seen in forever that actually starts my engine. But he's not available. Shit!"

Celia and Lara jointly managed the Human Resources Department for the Centralia Fabrication Corporation. CFC was a business of about 150 employees that manufactured small metal parts for specialty purposes. Celia was the Administrative Manager handling processes like benefits, payroll, and records. Lara was the Personnel Manager in charge of recruiting, staffing, promotions, disputes, and compliance.

They had worked together, successfully, for almost a year in these positions. And, because of their frequent contact, they had become friends. It was a work friendship, though, neither had seen the other's home, for example.

"I have to decide. If there's anything I believe, it's that I should trust my feelings. I want Davis. Whatever part of him I can get. The how, I will leave for later. I didn't eat at the barbecue, too messy, so I'm going to make dinner and then do some thinking."

Happily Married

Celia and Davis were back home, as well. She looked down at her shirt, ruefully.

"I never get away with barbecue without getting sauce on my tits. They're just too big."

"Blasphemy! Celie, I love your tits. And look, your titless husband is spotted with sauce, too. It's the clothing's fault, obviously, so let's strip."

"Davis, my love, your answer to every problem is nudity. Lucky for you, it's my answer too."

They were nude as often as they could be. The windows on their little bungalow home were all covered by blinds, shades, and curtains, allowing light in while preserving their privacy. In case of unexpected visitors, a long coat hung by the front door.

They left their clothes in the hamper and strolled out the back door to soak in their "hot tub" (jetted spa).

As always, Davis sat opposite his wife so he could watch her tits bobble in the bubbling waters. She actually enjoyed the feeling, because the water's buoyancy was taking their weight off her shoulders and back.

"So, now you've finally met Lara. What do you think?"

Carefully, he answered, "She seems, uh, nice."

"Oh, relax, big guy. You can say it. Lara is kind of spectacular. Sometimes I feel inadequate sitting next to her."

"Not in my eyes."

"I love you, too. It mystifies me that she's been completely unattached for so long. When we go out for sandwiches, it's like she's the flower and the men are honeybees. But she shuts them all down.

"I show my wedding ring, so I get passed over. But, still, their focus is hard on my self-esteem.

"I asked her once, 'What's going on?' and she simply said, 'They're talking to my tits, not my face. That gets a no, every time.'"

"Can I be honest, Celie?"

"Always."

"I couldn't help but imagine what those tits might look like fully exposed. And that's even with you being right next to me."

"Hey, it's OK. Come sit next to me. Yeah. You're my loyal loving husband, I know that. But you're also a guy who loves tits, mine in particular. That's a good thing. And, yes, I have the same thoughts, that is, if we had a company locker room, I'd want to watch her take a shower."

He closed his eyes for a moment, picturing Lara washing herself with her hands full of soapy and slippery breasts.

"To be serious for a minute, Celie, as pretty as she is, Lara also seems a little sad. Kind of lost. I wonder if clueless men have bothered her so much that she doesn't even try anymore."

"I have to agree. Before I was wearing a ring, I was pestered to the point where I was literally snarling at guys. A few times, I yelled at perfectly polite dudes who weren't at all hitting on me. The worst was when one man I was railing at was actually gay and simply asking directions.

"With Lara, I try to keep things light. Personal questions tend to upset her. But I am 100% certain she hasn't had a serious boyfriend in the whole time I've known her.

"Close your eyes, Davis. Now, picture me as usual, sitting in the bubbling water, relaxing. Next to me, Lara's doing the exact same thing. Her big titties are wobbling, in the bubbles, just like mine. All four of our nipples are stiff. Her eyes are closed, her lips are parted.

"Oh, Davis, I can feel you're ready, come sit up on the edge."

Ignoring the slight taste of chlorine, she gobbled his erection for the blowjob she had been inciting. Mission accomplished!

Ever since they added the spa to the back patio, Celia had been blowing Davis there.

"I love being in the hot water while he perches up on the edge, it's perfect."

Lara's Decision

Back in her apartment and after eating a light meal, Lara was ready to sit down with herself and think about her choices.

"I'm not proud of this, but I'm going to go for Davis. But how? I could try to tempt him, get him to stray. Maybe if I bang him then I can get this obsession out of my system. Maybe, be his side piece.

"Celia said what, nine years of marriage. By then, I hear, men are more susceptible to being propositioned. Women too, I'm sure.

"But I'm getting the impression he's not near the edge. His eyes left my face only very briefly; point for him.

"Another possibility: I can build up my friendship with Celia, so I'm spending lots of time with them. Then, I can feel my way.

"Maybe I can talk Celia into giving Davis a 'hall pass.'

"Could we have a threesome? That would include Celia, too.

"Move in with them? Be what, polyamorous, a triad?

"You know what? All of these choices are terrible. I LIKE Celia. I don't want to hurt her.

"And what would screwing Davis make me? The 'other woman?' A slut?"

"This sudden obsession is juvenile shit. A crush. I've got to get over it.

"I CAN get dicked by some random guy if I just put some effort in. That's not the problem."

—— —— ——

Chapter 3: Reticent

Monday morning, Lara was feeling conflicted. She greeted Celia with a light "Good Morning" but didn't quite look her in the eye.

"I'm backlogged some, I can't have lunch with you today, Celia, sorry."

This kind of hesitant behavior continued until Wednesday, when Lara was told, "No more excuses, were having lunch together, my treat."

In the café, "WHAT is going on, Lara? Why are you suddenly avoiding me? Aren't you my friend?"

"I am your friend. I'm sorry we haven't been talking, and nothing is going on."

"Bullshit, Lara. Something IS going on; you can tell me."

"No, really, there's nothing I can say."

"We can't be having secrets, we're in HR. We need to trust each other. I am SURE there's something, you're going to make me figure it out.

"Let me think. You've been weird since the barbecue. What happened there, to make you so withdrawn? Oh! Lara, did somebody hurt you?"

"No, Celia, I'm fine, nobody hurt me."

"You weren't there long. You didn't even eat, I think. What could have . . . you met Davis. Why would that upset you? Did he say anything?"

"Your husband was fine. The three of us were together throughout, you saw and heard everything. You're on the wrong track, sorry."

Celia sat back, and fell silent, thinking.

"I just figured it out. It happens all the time. You're attracted to my husband, and you're concerned about my feelings. Lara, please, don't worry about it. I am aware Davis gets lots of attention (from both sexes, actually). As I remember it, you called him a 'hunk,' didn't you?"

"I guess I did. Celia, you're not mad at me?"

"Not at all. Lara, believe me. We're fine. Let's get through the rest of the day, and then you're coming home with me tonight. I'll alert Davis, and he will pick up some extra food for making our dinner tonight."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! Please come. I'll give you our address. Don't bring anything with you, Davis will have whatever we will need. Tell me your allergies or restrictions, and come hungry, at 6:00."

—— —— ——

Chapter 4: Bungalow

Taking heed of Celia's admonitions, Lara arrived carrying only a bouquet and rang the doorbell.

"Oh, these are lovely, thank you, come in, come in! I'll just get a vase. Follow your nose to the kitchen. Davis might ask you to help him open the wine or something."

"Lara, so great to see you again. I'm making steaks, how do you want yours: rare, medium, well done?"

"Medium is fine. Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Nope. Please leave your things on the sofa, Celie will hang up your coat, and the bathroom is down that way on your right so you can wash up. We'll be ready to eat in five minutes."

After Dinner

"That was fantastic." Lara put down her spoon. Davis made a pasta salad to go with the tri-tip steaks he had marinated and then broiled. Dessert was some kind of decadent ice cream that was extra-dense and smooth.

Lara couldn't help herself. "Your husband looks like that, and he COOKS too? Damn, Celia, you must have rescued drowning children in a past life, or something, to be so lucky."

"Please, Lara," said Davis. "Like my grandfather used to say, I put my pants on one leg at a time, like everybody else."

"That is, when he bothers to WEAR pants," added Celia.

"Oh, I get it now. You keep those other women off you by saying you have a closet full of dresses that you wear at home. You're a, uh, transvestite, Davis?"

Davis laughed heartily. Celia continued, "No, Lara, no pants, no dresses. Neither of us have a lot of clothes, actually. Let me clear away the table while you two get comfortable in the living room, I'll join you in a few minutes."

While Lara and Davis were chatting, Celia loaded the dishwasher and put the broiler pan to soak. When they were all comfortable together, Celia began speaking.

"I've been thinking a lot about you, Lara. That has been since the barbecue, and particularly today, once we could begin ironing out what was coming between us."

Celia took her hand, smiling.

"I am really fond of you, I like you. We work so well together, like a team. We're the same age, Lara, the same size and build. I bet we could swap clothes with each other, even bras. Come to think of it, Davis, would you please unhook me?"

He reached under her blouse and unfastened the three hooks, so her bra was loose across her back.

"Ahh. I ask him to do that first thing every night after work. I'll bet yours are uncomfortable too. Wouldn't it be nice if, when you came home after work, a pair of warm strong hands reached out and unhooked you, Lara?

"I'm sorry for being so direct. But I think I know you better than anybody else. And when you were distant from me this week, it was making me feel anxious and unhappy. Because I like you, and I want to see you enjoy life more, and not be so solitary."

"Celia, thank you for caring. I know it comes from a good place. But I'm OK, really. I have my routines, my quiet life, everything is fine."

"For a little bit, let's talk about Davis. When we got home after the barbecue, I asked him what he thought after finally meeting you. Yes, I probably influenced him, some, but he picked up on that impression too.

"Of course, that was after he got all goofy-eyed talking about how beautiful and luscious you are. Apparently, he thinks my past descriptions of you were very insufficient."

"Oh, this is embarrassing. Thank you, Davis. But you know, Celia, he's biased. Like you just pointed out, we are similar women, physically."

"Well, that is true. I can imagine a game where we turn down the lights, blindfold Davis, and spin him around. Then he has five minutes each to run his hands all over us and decide which of us is which, just using touch."

Lara couldn't stifle a giggle, considering that idea. But also, she was excited, and flushed.

Meanwhile, Davis had pictured the game a little differently. Each woman's body he was supposed to identify was naked and coated with a light massage oil, while he was also naked for his "examination."

After entertaining that image, his pants were running out of room.

Meanwhile, inside Lara's panties, it was hot and humid through the evening. Being so close to her friend's husband had her simmering. She was starting to imagine that Davis was using pheromones or some other secret sauce to somehow stimulate her.

Lara was starting to worry. She caught a whiff of her own scent, which meant her friend would notice as well. No doubt her face was already betraying her feelings, her arousal.

This was the OPPOSITE of her resolution, to stay out of her friend's marriage, pheromones, or not.

"Guys, I should go, it's what my mom used to call a 'school night.' We have to be in the office at 8 in the morning. Thank you for the lovely dinner, everything was so delicious. So nice to spend more time with you again, Davis. I'll just hit the powder room and get my things."

Pillow Talk

Davis said, "She left quickly. Do you think we were too much for her? I mean, 'blindfolded fondling.' Really?"

"Honey, I think that was only a small part. She was uncomfortable because you, Davis, were turning her on, and it frightened her. When Lara stood up to leave, I got a direct unmistakable whiff of her excited pussy.

"She's a very ethical woman. You have to be, in our line of work. I think she's torn between her attraction, her desire, and her principles. She can't imagine herself as 'the other woman' or your 'side piece,' no matter how much she is tempted."

"I don't get it. I'm a very ordinary guy. I do paperwork in an office, like both of you, for a modest salary. What's the source of her attraction?"

"Oh, Davis, for more than a decade I've been with you; during the entire time I've had to beat away other women constantly. You don't see it, looking in the mirror, but you have the face of a model, and a hot body you keep in good shape. You MUST be aware of this on some level."

"Maybe, but it's not something I think about."

"Being modest is part of your appeal. Modest, and loyal. You have no idea how lucky I feel waking up to your face every morning."

"I do have an idea; I feel the same."

"Lara's right, though, it's a school night. We'll talk about her some more tomorrow. Good night, honey."

—— —— ——

Chapter 5: Reciprocating

At lunch on Thursday, Lara invited Celia and Davis to have dinner out with her on the following night.

"My treat, and we can dress up a little. I'll bet your husband has a nice suit he can wear to complement our dresses. And we can stay out late, being that it's Friday. Are you available?"

"Sure, but you don't have to go to that all trouble and expense."

"Not at all, it will be fun! I'm only going to have a little wine, so I'll do the driving. We will go for Italian at Cattivella's; my reservation is for 7:45, so I'll be at your door at 7."

"Are you sure? That place is expensive."

Lara said, "fuhgeddaboudit" in her best imitation New Jersey accent.

Cattivella's

Lara leaned forward, speaking softly, conspiratorially: "I know this place looks very elegant, but do you know what 'cativella' means in Italian? Naughty girl!"

They all laughed.

As expected, their meals were delicious. Lara limited herself to sips of wine, so her driving would be unimpaired. When the bill arrived, Lara grabbed the little folder and handed it back with her credit card.

"I don't need to see the bill. But it was worth it, we had a great time. Oh, here it is back, it's $180. Let's see, $180 ÷ 10 is 18, plus half of 18 is 9, total $27 for a 15% tip."