Inhumans Pt. 03

Story Info
The terrible job hits an all-time low. The story continues.
13.6k words
4.69
1.7k
3

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 06/15/2023
Created 02/17/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Inhumans Pt. 03

I groaned as I walked through the facility. It had been days since I killed my brother, and I had yet to sleep more than a grand total of three hours. I hated not sleeping. It made me irritable and hungry. At the moment, it was only about three in the morning, and I hadn't slept at all that night.

"Why aren't you sleeping?" Crystal asked from behind me, startling me and making me spin.

I sighed, shaking my eyes. "I can't. I have periods of Insomnia sometimes. I have had, ever since..." I caught myself and sighed. "Anyway, what about you?"

"My body woke me up for a midnight snack, but I know it won't help me be less hungry, so I decided to go for a walk instead," she said, looking around. "I think I'm getting used to telling what's where. We're near the garage, right?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "It's just around the corner up ahead."

"Were you going somewhere?" Crystal asked, frowning in an almost accusatory way.

I grimaced. She could still read me like a book, it seemed.

"I was going to go for a drive," I admitted, deciding on a partial truth. "Something to try and clear my head."

Crystal frowned. "You lie to everyone, or just me?"

I blinked in surprise.

"Look, I wasn't going to say anything, because I figured it wasn't my place, but I can't stay quiet anymore," Crystal said. "I don't know why no one else has ever said it, but you need to know. What happened to the Slime before me, it wasn't your fault. From everything I've heard, she was in love with you. Even if the Succubus was trying to hurt you, I think the Slime would have gladly used herself as bait anyway, because it would mean you were safe. Would she really want you to blame yourself? Would she really want you to suffer like that?"

I stared at the floor in silence for a long while. "I don't know. I...I don't really think I know what she would want anymore."

"Well, if it was me, I'd want you to forgive yourself," Crystal said. "I'd want you to try to move on. To find happiness somehow, and live as good a life as you could. If it was me, the last thing I would want is for the man I love to turn me into an anchor to hold him back."

I grit my teeth, feeling my eyes burn slightly. I couldn't do this. I couldn't take it. I felt like every word I said to her was a lie. Crystal noticed how close to tears I was and stepped forward, wrapping her arms around me and tucking her face into the side of my neck.

"It's okay to be sad," Crystal said. "And it's okay to miss the people you've lost, but you can't let them hold you back. Our lost loved ones would never want to become a burden on us."

I wrapped my arms around her, holding her tightly as I broke, beginning to cry into her shoulder. She stood there, holding me through my moment of weakness for what seemed like hours before guiding me through the facility to my room. She pushed me down onto the bed gently, then lay beside me, head on my shoulder.

"Am I safe to sleep here tonight?" Crystal asked.

"You'll always be safe around me," I said. "I would never hurt you."

Crystal smiled up at me for a moment before tucking her head under my chin. "Good, because the reason you can't sleep is that you feel alone. This way you'll be able to rest."

We lay in silence for a few minutes before she breaks it again.

"I'm sorry," Crystal said.

"For what?" I asked.

"For all the times I called you a monster, or insulted you by saying the way you have to feed is wrong," Crystal elaborated. "I never meant to offend you, but I could see that I did every time. I'm sorry I didn't apologize sooner. And I'm sorry about your brother."

I swallowed hard, but despite my best efforts, tears began to fall again. She was the first to say that to me. She was the only one to say that to me. And it was at that moment, when someone, who had every cause to not care, showed sympathy, that I realized how much I was hurting. It was then that I realized how broken I really was over killing my brother, no matter what he had been or had wanted to do. I shattered instantly, curling into her as I sobbed. She didn't say anything. She simply held me, allowing me to grieve for one of the worst people I'd ever known who I loved despite his many, many faults, and whom I'd doomed to an eternity trapped in Hell's dungeons. Because that was the fate of a Tentacle Demon who died on Earth. If they died in Hell, they were gone. But if they died on Earth, their souls would be locked inside of a tiny cell for all eternity, eternally subjected to torture, unless they died. And suicide was impossible. A mercy killing would be the only way to escape the endless torture he'd now have to suffer.

And then, before I even realized what had happened, I'd cried myself to sleep.

LINE BREAK

I smiled as I stared out at the field before me. It was beautiful here. Lush, soft green grass, a gentle breeze, hundreds of flowers of varying colors. It was almost perfect. And yet, I couldn't enjoy it. How could I? I was a freak. A monster. Even among the rest of the team, I was the worst. How could I have ever deluded myself into believing otherwise? Into believing I could ever be worthy of her? That I could make her happy despite what my kind had done to hers?

Tears rolled heavily down my cheeks as it began to rain. I lost track of how long I sat there. It could have been days. It had to have been hours. But then, suddenly, the rain wasn't hitting me. I could hear it hitting the canvas of an umbrella, and I could smell her. I wiped at my eyes, but the tears continued to fall anyway.

LINE BREAK

"James. It's time to wake up."

I stirred slowly, blinking several times before my vision sharpened. What I saw startled me. I was still holding Crystal, and she was still holding me. The part that startled me were the eight tentacles also wrapped around her, holding her tightly but not hurting her, or doing anything improper. They were just holding her. I retracted them, swallowing hard, and pulled away.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I didn't realize I had those out."

Crystal shook her head. "It's alright. They're really warm, so it felt kind of nice. How do you feel?"

I smiled weakly. "Embarrassed about crying, but...better. Thank you."

Crystal smiled and nodded, sitting up and hugging me. After a moment, she pulled back and smiled knowingly. "You'll need to go save the others, now. Angel decided to let you rest, so she took over training for today."

I paled considerably. "What time is it?"

"Almost time for lunch," Crystal said.

I sighed and stood. "Angel's probably just about killed them by now, then. Come on. Let's go save them."

Crystal nodded, and we left my room, heading to the training room to find utter chaos. Angel and Sarah were in danger of shattering the training swords they were using, Cassidy and Alicia were both using their hands, and Cassidy using her wings like blunt objects, and Janice had Mia pinned against one wall, both of them naked and Janice's lips all but fused to Mia's neck while one of Mia's tails was pinned between her own soaked slit and Janice's, Janice grinding her hips into Mia's through it and all but torturing Mia with pleasure. I opened my mouth to shout for everyone to stop what they were doing, only for Mia's shriek of pleasure to drown me out as she orgasmed for what I'm sure was far from the first time, and Cassidy suddenly spun, catching Alicia by the shin with one of her bird feet, hurling her at the wall beside Mia. Alicia, being the catgirl she was, contorted and flipped in mid air, landing on her feet, only for Cassidy to instantly pin her to the wall as well, mashing her lips to Alicia's as her hand grabbed Alicia's tail, tugging it firmly and making Alicia moan heavily, her hips instinctively bucking against Cassidy's.

"Enough!" I shout, this time making sure everyone heard.

Everyone stopped and stepped away from each other instantly, except for Angel, who tackled Sarah to the floor, her own instincts in control. She wasn't as violent or bloodthirsty as me, but she had a dominant, rape-happy streak a mile long. However, Sarah, despite being pinned under a crazed, out-of-control devilgirl, merely smiled so serenely and adoringly that Angel actually froze. Sarah cupped her cheek and Angel's eyelids fluttered.

"Angel," Sarah said soothingly. "Come back to me."

Angel's wings and horns shrunk instantly and she blinked before gasping and sitting up, eyes watering. However, before she could say a word, Sarah sat up, kissing her, and Angel all but melted into the kiss. I sighed, rolling my eyes but grinning, and after another moment, Sarah pulled away and Angel took a shuddering breath, her tail coiling around Sarah's leg affectionately.

"Now that everyone's calmed down a bit," I began. "I can see this was obviously a very productive training session, and I'm sad to have to stop it."

"Thank you!" Mia whimpered as Janice finally released her, Mia's legs shaking with the effort of holding her up.

"Now, good news or bad news?" I asked.

"Bad," Angel said, still seated in Sarah's lap with Sarah's arms wrapped around her.

"The bad news is, you all, or at least everyone but Janice and Mia," I corrected myself, "will be having a late lunch."

Everyone but Sarah groaned.

"That good news had better be fucking amazing for me to have to wait after Cassidy pulled my tail!" Alicia grumbled.

"The good news is, you'll be having a late lunch because we're going to the beach today," I said.

Everyone but Crystal and Sarah cheered. I glanced at Crystal, seeing her frowning.

"What if something comes up while we're at the beach?" Crystal asked.

"We always bring weapons with us when we leave," I said. "And the director will call me if a job comes up." I turned back to the room. "Now, Alicia, Sarah, Crystal, what warning did you get about the beach?"

"Bring sunscreen, lotion, and a strap on!" Alicia said instantly, making everyone sigh in exasperation.

"Be ready for the team to have awkward amounts of sex while we're there," Sarah said.

"That's true, but not what I meant," I said.

"Be careful to watch for Sirens," Crystal said.

"Correct," I nodded. "That's the main concern while we're there. The warning goes double for Crystal and Sarah. Where one isn't feeding and the other is an angel, you two will be in more danger than the rest of us."

"Who are you to talk about not feeding?" Angel asked. "You haven't fed for days. Again."

"But I'm also less susceptible to Siren Song," I reminded her. "Anyway, everyone go get changed. Sarah, if you'd like a bathing suit, I'm sure Angel will let you borrow one of her fifty."

Everyone except Crystal all but sprinted from the room, or in Mia's case staggered. I turned to Crystal, who looked a little disappointed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I don't have a bathing suit, either," Crystal said. "And somehow I doubt Angel has very many that would be...uh...appropriate."

I chuckled, nodding. "That's true, but I think you're forgetting what you are. Your clothes, even all the ones in your closet, are all made out of your body's slime. You can just change it into whatever you want."

Crystal frowned, looking down at herself before her face screwed up in concentration. However, after a moment, instead of turning into a bathing suit, her clothes simply sank into her body, leaving her perfect C-cup breasts and her bald lips completely exposed. She yelped in surprise, covering herself, and I instantly looked away, clearing my throat. She tried again, and this time managed to form herself a light blue bikini that was about as conservative as a bikini could be.

"Sorry," she said.

"It's alright," I said, clearing my throat again. "Anyway, we should grab our gear and head to the garage."

She nodded, still blushing profusely, and we headed to our rooms, grabbing our weapons, with me taking the time to change into a pair of swimming trunks, then headed to the garage, everyone piling into the van. I drove, Crystal sitting in the passenger seat with her cheeks still pink, and the others all sat with their partners, all of them cuddling. The ride was quiet, but relaxed, and after about thirty minutes, we were at the beach. I stepped out first and sniffed, only to instantly extend two of my tentacles, slamming Crystal's door closed and holding the side door closed as well.

"Everyone stay in the fucking van," I growled, extending my other six tentacles.

"What is it?" Angel asked seriously.

"An ambush," I growled.

The sand ahead of me began to shift, then rise, in three places, falling away from the monsters buried beneath it. As the sand fell away, I surveyed my soon-to-be victims. One was a Scorpion Man, a truly nightmarish monster even more disturbing than a Tenome. Its body was a rotting human torso with its legs bursting out of its sides, its arms turning to claws below its elbows, a complete set of eight piercing red eyes, a pair of massive, jagged pincers jutting out of either side of its ghoulishly extended mouth, saliva flooding down its chin, wicked, pointed, venomous fangs filling its gaping maw of a mouth in place of human teeth, and an even more disturbing tail. The tail was an emaciated human torso with its arms wrapped around itself then fused to its withered skin, its chest facing the sky as the tail extended up over the Scorpion Man, and its entire face was replaced by a gaping mouth of the same wicked fangs as the primary body's, except that this mouth was larger and was able to spit acid for twenty yards. The next monster was a Tenome, a Class Four, if I had to guess, judging by the muscular build, sandy blonde hair, and the massive claws it had extended, which only grew in at late Class Three. The third monster was arguably the worst of the group, however. It was a Lamia. A snake woman with the body of a beautiful woman until her hips, then a fifty-foot serpent body. This Lamia was a ginger with bare, double-D breasts, blood-red scales, and the point at which her human and snake body merged sweeping into a low "V" in the front, exposing her pussy.

I crouched, preparing to begin the fight, only to freeze as a piercing shriek rang out above me and another monster flew down, depositing a fifth before landing. The flying monster was a namesake Vampire Bat, a creature created when a Vampire lost control of its instincts. It was a humanoid creature about double the height of the average human, claws, a powerful but lean build, fangs, red eyes, bat hair covering its entire body, and a pair of massive, leathery wings. But the fifth monster made unbridled fury explode through me. It was an Alpha Succubus, a more powerful breed of Succubus with the ability to shapeshift. This one, in all its infinite foolishness, had shapeshifted into Crystal, devoid of clothes.

"I'm going to rip you apart!" I snarled, eyes locked on her.

The bat moved first, shrieking deafeningly and making everyone in the van cover their ears, everyone ducking, Angel shoving Crystal as low as she could as well. A moment later, the bat crashed headlong into me, dragging me backward and smashing me through the roof of the van, ripping a section of it off entirely. Two of my tentacles caught the airborne piece as two more curled into balls and exploded into the bat's head, making it drop me. As I fell, I hurled the chunk of roof into the Tenome, stopping its charge and sending it bouncing backward across the beach. As soon as I landed, I launched myself at the Scorpion Man, ducking under a spray of acid.

"Out!" Angel shrieked.

I slammed a fist into the scorpion's tail, then whipped the main body's torso from below with a tentacle, launching it into the air before I spun, drawing my sword and ducking as I slashed. The bat shrieked, one of its wings spinning away as it crashed to the ground. As soon as my slash finished, I spun, slashing the other way, only for my sword to spark off of the tenome's claws before its other hand raked across my abdomen, splitting my skin like water. I roared in pain and rage, four of my tentacles flashing around and impaling the tenome through the torso. It roared, slashing all four tentacles off and I launched myself forward, slashing it down across the torso. It staggered backward, then stopped, roaring in rage, only for one of my severed tentacles to slam into the side of its head, flinging it into a spray of the scorpion's acid. Then, the bat's hand slapped my entire torso at once, flinging me. As soon as I was airborne, the Lamia shot past below me, circling the others once to kick up a massive cloud of sand before coiling around Angel. Angel screamed in pain as it began to squeeze, only for one of Sarah's wings to slam into its head before she yanked Angel free of its tail and leapt away. Just as it turned to follow, I slammed into the bat's back, the bat having been heading for Mia and Alicia, and slammed it face first into the ground, plowing along the ground in front of the Lamia.

As the bat skidded to a stop, I raised my sword, only for the scorpion to slam a claw into me, sending me bouncing away. My left shoulder broke this time, and I shouted in pain just as the Succubus crashed down on top of me, ripping my swimming trunks off and wrapping her hand around my cock, smiling seductively.

"Why fight?" she asked. "I know you want this body."

"GET YOUR FILTHY HANDS OFF OF ME!!!" I roared, my voice deep, vibrating, and demonic.

She launched herself away from me instantly, and my four severed tentacles launched me to my feet. Just as they did, blood sprayed out of them before ending, leaving them freshly regrown before the gashes in my stomach healed and my shoulder snapped and cracked like machine gun fire as the bones and fragments reset themselves and mended, this time accompanied by a roar of agony.

As soon as I was healed, I spun my tentacles launching me across the beach into the bat, who had been attacking Cassidy and Janice. As I didn't have my sword this time, or a single passing whim to use it, I instead wrapped my tentacles around it, binding its arms to its sides, then drove my arms elbow deep into the back of its neck, snapping its spine before ripping its head off completely. I spun, hurling the head into the Lamia and knocking it away from Mia before leaping at the scorpion.

This time, a tentacle grabbed my sword and passed it to my hands before I slashed downward at the scorpion. Its tail tried to block the blade, but the blade slashed it off entirely before plunging down into the scorpion's heart. I twisted the blade sharply and ripped it up through the head, splitting its upper body entirely, only for the Lamia to knock the sword out of my hands and coil tightly around me, trapping my arms and tentacles.

"Don't bother trying to break free," the Lamia smirked. "Even a Tentacle Demon doesn't have as much brute strength as a Lamia's tail. Now hold still while I bite off that pretty head of yours!"

She leaned down to bite me, but my four unused tentacles suddenly shot up out of my shoulders, one wrapping around her throat and the other four around her torso.

"Tentacle demons don't have more strength, but you should always assume we have more limbs to use!" I snarled.

Then, I squeezed. There were a massive orchestra of crunches, cracks, and snaps as her bones were crushed, and when I crushed her throat, blood sprayed out of her mouth, nose, ears, around the tentacle, and her suddenly empty eye sockets. Her eyes landed in the sand behind me as her entire body fell limp, and I shoved myself out of the tail, turning and looking around. However, what I saw infuriated me more than anything I'd ever seen. Two naked Crystals were standing in a circle that the rest of the team had formed, all of them holding their guns, or in Sarah's case her sword, pointed at them.