Interlude with a Lifeguard

Story Info
There's more than meets the eye at the local pool.
14.8k words
4.44
7.2k
7
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I'd like to think it was some magical moment that brought us together, but it wasn't. It started at the pool. The public pool was right next door to where I lived, or almost right below it depending on how you look at things. You see, the thing I learned the most that year is it all depends on your point of view. Perspective is everything. It's what turns a rebel into a traitor, a janitor into a custodial technician, and a town slut into a woman with a plan. It's all dependent on how you see the situation. I was none of the above. I was a carpenter, a house framer to be more precise, slugging my way through long hot summer days with my only respite the evenings cooling off in that pool.

The night it all began was easy to remember as the town's swim festival was the following day. It marked the beginning of the competing season for the swimmers in town and the end of the school year for the summer. This was a big event in Walden, a small town with not much else happening during the summer. There were decorations all around the grandstand and covering fences around the pool enclosure. Picnic tables were brought in for the people from neighboring towns to use as they camped out for the morning tomorrow. It would be quite the festival, but I didn't care.

I came down to the pool for three reasons. The first of course was to float and relax my sore muscles after a day in the blistering sun swinging a hammer and slinging lumber around. The second was to hang out with my best friend Jesse who worked for the same company doing the same damn thing I did but on a different crew. We'd get together at the pool to cool off and reminisce about the joys of the day before going up to my house for a couple of beers. On the days we worked I'd usually be dead to the world by 10.

The final reason of course was for the scenery. The swimmers were usually a combination of families and teenagers and a few random older single adults like I was. I was very single and quite happy about it. In those days, I was happy hopping from one bed to the next of whatever random girl would have me. You go to the bars on weekends, pick up the decent-looking ones, bring them home, give them a good shagging and go on your way. Sometimes they'd call you and want to be your girlfriend, but most of the time, and more often lately they knew the score. I wasn't shy about what I wanted from them. I learned a long time ago it's best to find out ahead of time or things don't work out quite the way you expect.

It was the lifeguards we came to see. With their young tanned bodies bronzed from the summer sun, much like our own. Now the dress code for them was rather modest, so much was left to the imagination. I'd seen enough girls I didn't need to imagine much to know what they looked like under those thin strips of fabric, barely able to contain their ample breasts begging to escape their confines. By now I knew them all by name and in a small town you'd know their parents, siblings and everything else there was to know.

Most of them were run-of-the-mill good-looking high school seniors and college students home for the summer. A few of them were easy on the eyes including Claire the police chief's daughter and Paula Jones, who lived next door. I'd even dated her older sister a couple of times. But the star of the pool scene and the highlight of Walden was Kathy Kendrick. She'd just finished her second year of college and every guy in town wanted in her pants. Many of them had gotten their wish as well. She was well known for her promiscuity and being a bit of an exhibitionist. Kathy was the queen of the social scene and more than a bit of a snob to anyone who didn't fit in her social circle.

I lived alone in my house by the pool with my dog Max, a full-size black lab. He thought he was a lap dog the way he wanted to get up on the couch with you and snuggle. In some ways, I have him to thank for this adventure since, without his late-night whining to go outside, I never would have seen them going at it on the picnic table. At first, I thought I was imagining things, but I'd seen enough sex to know it when I saw it. I stopped and looked closer to see if I recognized who it was. The lighting from the pool lights cast a certain view from where I stood on my front lawn overlooking the pool area. They were using the picnic tables set up for tomorrow's swim meet.

They were too far away at this point to make out full details, but she was laying down on one of the tables, her skirt hiked up and out of the way with him pounding away between her widely spread legs. I stood watching fully aware of my inconspicuousness due to the lack of lighting around me. This was my first time just watching live sex, not being involved in any way. There was a visceral thrill from seeing something typically only meant to be seen if you were involved in the act itself. I felt like a floating presence, a fly on the wall privy to it without notice.

I snapped out of my fog after a minute or so and let Max in the house and gave him a treat like a good boy. Something was calling me back out front. I had to see how it ended and who were these people so brazenly having sex out in the open like that. It wasn't as open as you might expect, considering the only places to get a good view were from in front of the poolhouse, where there wouldn't be anyone at this hour, from my front lawn or from the forest behind the pool complex which was undoubtedly the domain of just animals at this time of day.

By the time I returned to my hidden viewing perch, they had switched positions with her now bent over the edge of the table and being taken from behind. They weren't exactly in a hurry, not looking around or even remotely aware that someone might be watching. Or maybe that's what they wanted, I wondered. Either way, it didn't matter, I watched with a tent growing in my pants. It was so tempting to just pull it out and go to town myself. But I didn't want to be the one getting caught. I wasn't as hidden as I'd like to believe where anyone walking down the street would be able to see me standing there.

So I kept control of myself and just like that they were done and getting dressed. I secretly hoped they would walk out in front of the building, maybe I would be able to see who it was if I ever knew these crazy people at all. Just my luck, they walked around to the front of the building and I moved as close as I dared to not risk being seen, laying out on the grass at the edge of the hill. I saw his face and he wasn't from around here that I could tell. But I couldn't see her, hidden behind his giant frame. Just as I expected them to go out of range, she looked up this way as if investigating a disturbance and I got the look I was hoping for and needed to cover my mouth to keep from giving away my position. It was Kathy.

****

The following day I went down to the pool in the mid-afternoon as I did most days when the weather cooperated. I had hoped Kathy would be working the front desk when I walked in, but no luck, it was Mitch, one of the longer tenured lifeguards who was home from college for the summer. I greeted him as I walked in and went out to a fairly empty pool deck for a Saturday. The competition had been this morning and after those festivities had ended, it seemed nobody felt like going for a swim.

My best friend Jesse was waiting for me already in the deep end. Paula was working the lifeguard chair all covered up with her hat and sunglasses. She still looked good from where she was sitting and it didn't hurt that she'd been dropping hints towards me about getting together since the pool opened for the season. Her head turned in this direction and she gave me a wave which I returned on the way to drop off my towel. It was a blistering hot day today and I couldn't wait any longer to cool off in the water.

I went over near an unsuspecting Jesse and did a cannonball sending water flying everywhere. When I resurfaced, I was being tackled and splashing back and forth. Before I knew it I could hear the whistleblowing.

"Don't make me come over there boys," Paula called from the lifeguard stand with a smile.

We both stopped and waved back over to her. Just then we heard another whistle coming from the other end of the pool. I looked over and there she was. It was Kathy Kendrick in all her brunette glory walking in her swimsuit over to take her turn on top of the lifeguard chair. I was going to have a hard time looking at her the same way ever again. Trying not to stare too much and wiped the drool from my face. I turned back towards Jesse.

"Man she's smoking hot," Jesse said so only I could hear him.

"Tell me about it, dude. She's got the total package."

"I'd give my left nut to get her in the sack. I've heard it doesn't take much if you're the right kinda guy though."

Just as I was about to say something in return I felt a soft pair of hands wrap around me from behind and a lithe body pressed up against me, breasts right up against my bare back through her suit. I thought for a second it might have been Kathy, but no chance that would happen.

"Hey there neighbor, miss me? I saw you checking me out up there." She had wrapped her legs around me from behind.

"Paula, you always think I'm checking you out."

"Because you are. But I don't mind, actually, I kinda like it."

As nice as it was to have a sexy woman all over me, all I could think of at that moment was Kathy from last night. I would try to get away from this steamy vixen as well as I could.

"I just don't see you like that. You're Camille's little sister."

"Oh please. I'm hotter than she ever was and you know it. It's not like you guys dated. A couple of hookups isn't dating." She was right about that, she was nearly flawless looking with her long blonde locks, tanned skin, and perky breasts. She released me from behind and swam in front of me to continue talking. I also knew it would take very little to get her from her house and into my bed.

"You're still her little sister. I don't think your Dad would like me corrupting his other daughter."

"I'm 18 now, so I don't see the problem and I'm already plenty corrupted."

"Well Happy Birthday to you," with a sarcastic tone in my voice.

She just laughed it off, slapping me lightly on the arm.

Jesse piped in "We should go grab those beers now Will. I'm cooled off."

"Sounds good man. Later Paula."

"See ya later stud."

****

"Hey Kathy, wait up."

I'd caught her later the same night just as she was closing up the pool and leaving for the night. She'd locked the doors but there was still a light on inside which was unusual. We knew who each other was but hadn't exchanged too many words over the years. Yet there we were in the middle of the small parking lot finally having a conversation.

"What can I do for you, Will?"

I was caught a little off guard by the businesslike manner by which she greeted me.

"Um, I think you left a light on inside."

"There are still a couple of lifeguards finishing cleaning up. They will get it. Thanks," She turned to continue walking to her car.

I didn't know how to bring it up so I just blurted it out.

"I saw you last night."

She stopped in her tracks, taking a moment to collect herself before turning back towards me and sauntering in my direction.

"What exactly do you think you saw?" Her one hand moved up to her hair and flipped it back over her shoulder with an amused grin on her face, like a cat playing with a mouse.

I stood my ground emboldened, believing I had control in this conversation. This ought to be an embarrassing situation for her.

"I don't think I saw anything. I caught you and some random dude having sex on the picnic table at the bottom of the hill."

"I knew I heard a noise up there. Bud told me I was paranoid," she stated matter of factly. She closed the distance further until we were an arm's length away. I averted my eyes from her powerful gaze, unsure where to focus them as I didn't want her seeing me check her out, which I was using all my willpower not to do from this range. "Did you like what you saw, Will? Did it make you horny? Wish you could be that guy sliding his dick inside my wetness for all the world to see."

By that point, I was in full blush, but I didn't avert my eyes, I looked right back at her from up close when I replied.

"Yes. All of the above. But you already knew that before you asked."

She laughed out loud, with a low haughty laugh. The kind you'd give when a small child says something amusing and inappropriate.

"I gotta admit you have more balls than I thought. Come with me, I want to show you something."

Without waiting to see if I was following or not she headed back towards the pool entrance. Thinking I might have avoided the worst of the situation, I gamely followed behind her, keeping a wide berth. She took her keys out, unlocked the door, and turned the main entrance lights back on motioning for me to follow her inside. By this point, I was utterly confused with no idea what her plan was.

I entered the building to see her behind the reception counter at the back towards where the lifeguards' private room was located. They would go inside and hang out when they weren't out on the pool deck. She stood by the entrance to it, where the sole source of light that had been left on was coming from.

"Are you ready to see the tip of the iceberg? What goes on under everyone's nose when they are just going about their everyday lives?"

I nodded my head in agreement with no idea what she was about to show me.

She flicked a switch on the wall and the opaque glassed-in opening showing into the lifeguard room became clear allowing us to see inside and boy did my eyes go wide open in a heartbeat. There on the couch parallel to the opening was a couple having sex. They were close enough so there was no doubt of who they were or what was happening. She was gleefully bouncing up and down on top of him. The room was soundproof, so we couldn't hear anything.

"Don't worry it's one way only, they can't see us."

I stood there in stunned silence for what felt like minutes just watching them go at it like nobody was watching without a concern in the world, just focused on each other. Kathy was watching me with this perverse grin on her face, taking great pleasure from my discomfort.

"Is that Claire? I'm sure the mayor would be so proud."

"That's your problem Will. You think sex is something to be kept in the shadows. Some secret thing that should be done in a bed in a pitch-black room so nobody can see anything. Sex, lust, desire, it's a beautiful thing. It's messy, silly, sometimes funny, and always a touch ridiculous. That's who we are as people. Look at those two. They're having the time of their life just playing together and they know about this window. We all do. They know I could be watching or anybody really."

I was still stunned just watching when she turned the window dark again disrupting my sudden voyeuristic instinct.

"You're right into this stuff aren't you?"

"My motto is: I don't play unless I'm on display. I haven't had sex in three years unless there's at least a chance someone might be watching. Just thinking about it makes me sloppy as hell."

At that last comment, she let her hand drop, sliding under her pants giving me full eye contact as she began to toy with herself ever so slightly, lightly teasing as I watched with a deer caught in headlights look on my face. This continued for a few more seconds until she'd gotten her fill of tormenting me before pulling it back out and holding it up for me to see.

"Like I said sloppy as hell," she laughed mischievously. "If you want to do more than watch, you've got a lot of work to do. Interested?"

I had no clue what she meant but if it gave me a chance with her, I'd do practically whatever she wanted. So I plucked up my courage, pushed my shoulders back, and showed as much confidence as I was capable of for my answer.

"What do I have to do?"

"There's a whole world of experiences out there you've been denying yourself with your ignorance. Tonight's your chance to change that. I'm only giving you this one opportunity."

I could feel my throat tighten at how serious she was being.

"You could follow me down this rabbit hole or go back to your normal life and forget this ever happened. If you take my left hand I'll show you a world of debauchery you never knew existed. If you take my right hand, I'll shake it goodbye and you can go back to your dog and jerk off thinking about me. So Will, which hand do you want?"

Considering how desperate I was to get with her there was only one option available. I reached out and grabbed her left hand. She pulled me in close against her teasing me with her exquisite frame as if to kiss me, but I knew it was just a tease. The smell of chlorine had never been as pleasing to the senses.

"Meet me here Friday night after close and we'll get started."

With those words, I walked out and back up the hill to process what the hell had happened.

****

I had no idea what to expect when I got into the car with Kathy that first night. It was a half-hour drive to a nearby small city, mostly in relative quiet listening to the radio as she declined to answer any questions until we arrived. That included where we were going or what we were going to do when we got there. Just instructions to relax and enjoy.

We pulled into a partially full parking lot of a low-rise building that could have been an upscale condo complex but with a marque sporting a single word "TEMPTATIONS" in big bold letters. It was still early in the night and before the masses arrived if there ever were to be masses that is.

"Will, welcome to Temptations, you're new home away from home."

She was in a low-cut red evening dress and I was dressed in regular club attire, unsure what to expect, we got out of the car and walked towards the door. Once inside it resembled an upscale nightclub with low lighting and posh furnishings. We were greeted near the entrance by security.

"Hey Kathy, welcome home. Who's your friend here?" A large man with a serious look on his face gave me a full inspection.

"This is Will, my date for the night. Is it ok?"

He nodded his head in approval, gesturing to move on inside.

"You going on stage tonight dear?"

"Not tonight just doing a tour for a newbie," she said with a laugh.

"Ok Will, let's go over some rules. You may have an idea like this is a free for all but there are a lot of rules to learn so everyone is safe and comfortable here."

I nodded my head in understanding, looking around.

"First is if you were here just as a single guy you wouldn't get past the door. It's for couples and single women only, aside from rare occasions. On that note, there are also areas inside you can't go without a female companion; they will be marked that way. No big deal tonight as we will be together the entire time, but just keep it in mind."

"Ok fair enough."

"There's also a single ask rule. If you ask someone if they want to do something and they say no, you're not allowed to ask again. One strike and that's it. Also, every area has its own set of rules that will be clearly marked with signs, read them and understand them before entering."

As we were walking Kathy was continually greeted by people she knew. She must come here a lot. There was a great mix of different age groups, body types, and social strata from what I could see. I had no idea what I expected but it was shadier than what I was seeing.

"On the ground floor we have a nightclub off to the left, you can hear the music blaring from inside. It's a regular club, you can get a bit handsy in there but no nudity or sexual acts are allowed in there. Just a place to meet people, dance, and have a good time with some drinks."