All Comments on 'Interview with the Vamp'

by Fredoberto

Sort by:
  • 24 Comments
LVGirlLVGirlover 3 years ago
A Dream

As nice a discussion of writing for the Loving Wives category as I’ve seen. And do avoid the meatloaf.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Made me smile

An amusing (!) take on what goes on inside a writer’s head. Particularly enjoyed how the FMC verbally abused the writer. Very funny!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Clever and spot on

Great critique of the LW library and its readership

blackrandl1958blackrandl1958over 3 years ago

Nooo! Not the cute little goat! Very amusing, Mr. Fredoberto. Write another, please. Maybe even in response to a suggested theme! March 15 deadline: "The End of the Affair."

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
What! No meatloaf?

Meatloaf can be great! You need a better recipe, folks. Anyway, Fredoberto, thanks for the creative story of a conversation imbedded in a dream. Now get off your ass, cut back on the beer ( if you can), and write something good. I’m waiting. Five stars ⭐️ for this one.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

BEST thing I've read in a while!!!! Hell, this needs to be submitted to the "How To" category!!!! Imaginative, different, snarky and TRUE! Thank-you for this! 5ive 5tars+

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

It’s an essay disguised as a parody

nestorb30nestorb30over 3 years ago

Excellent, gave me a welcome chuckle

chilleywilleychilleywilleyover 3 years ago
Damned if you do, damned if you don’t

There seems to be several types of LW readers.

One likes the wild escapism, the manly man, special forces, who has lifelong man friends willing to do anything for him

Another likes quasi realism, which is hard to write, because real life is kind of boring.

Most popular is the Shameless sentimentality, the hero is so kind, picking the woman from the depths of the gutter, he’s so kind, so sweet, she can’t help but loves him out of gratitude.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago

But damn!! I like diets involving steak, meatloaf, pizza and breaded pork chops. 😆

Jack99Jack99over 3 years ago

Effie was not: killed in a car accident; publicly shamed in front of her family, friends, neighbors and pets; abandoned in a foreign country with a drug lord; shipped off to a Mexican whorehouse; or left to live under a bridge missing a foot. Two stars. lol, just kidding.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
Witty, charming

...and very very funny. I suspect some writers and many commentators will feel pigeon holed by this piece of work ...but if the cap fits...then wear it. Well done and thank you.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Now that got a chuckle out of me!! well done.

Does this mean this sentence may not show up "Listen, just let me/her have this, okay? I/she truly does love you. When I'm/she's finished, I'll/she'll come back to you. It's only sex, after all."?

I know, few authors can avoid that one.

ribnitinribnitinover 3 years ago

I'll get back to writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nope.

"I'd like to be a nice person with a talented lover and a loving husband with loads of money."

Nope. To many cuck stories already and majority of are readers in LW normal heterosexual people and don't like cheating wife-sluts, pussy-hounds or cuckold husbands. No. I say BTB.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Nutshell

You put Loving Wives in a nutshell and even cracked it open for us. I enjoyed that.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 3 years ago

Really enjoyed it! Self examination is the beginning of the road to wisdom.

5

kdad9010kdad9010over 3 years ago

Good satire and an excellent take on both the craft of writing (any craft for that matter) and the LW genre. I’ll be interested to see how you might add to the LW category in new ways.

Since you asked... ;) I’d love to see a story or two about consensual swinging and swapping, no cuckolding (at least not initially and not intentionally), no “it was just sex” cheating. There used to be more of them. But make some real characters, not mindless slut machines who have been having three+somes since they were 18. Add in some tough emotions. Maybe they regret it, maybe someone falls in love, maybe the husband is seduced and had a MUCH better time at the party, or simple jealousy rears its head. Give the characters some turmoil. I personally prefer a happy ending but dig a sad one if the story is well done.

I’m glad you’re waking up your muse and I’m looking forward to reading what you’ve been inspired to write.

Thank you for writing and sharing it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Like a great second baseman

.....who could never get above AA because he couldn’t hit, your analysis in satire exceeds your fiction.

Your best work.

4*

~Enkidu

BTW....waxed, petite strawberry blonde/redheads with proportionally large racks in the LBD are truly my ideal FMC. BUT....you forgot the perfect, long, high gloss crimson or pink nails. 7mm pearls or tasteful diamonds. C’mon, man, read the room FFS.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 3 years ago

Love it and so true! I laugh at the people that rail against a character and say they should have done "this" or "that" and give the story 2*. IDIOTS!!! The author sucked you into their world, raised your passion for their characters and you bought into the story. At the end, the characters don't do what you wanted them to do and you give it a low rating? Despite what you rated the story - the author got 5* for all the reasons your comment gave them the 2, you just weren't smart enough to realize it...LOL

MollydaKatMollydaKatover 3 years ago
Here's the perfect LW plot !

Go write more stories like ' Gifted ' !

See how easy that was ! 💁

SleeperyJimSleeperyJimover 3 years ago
Guilty as charged.

I laughed and cheered all the way through this one, mate. It was inspired genius to put into one dream all those vague thoughts we writers have about our talents, our stories, our characters, our cheerleaders and our severest critics - the anons.

You were spot-on when you said criticism often inspires us to do better, and right on the nail when you pointed out that stories are usually rated by the amounts of cheers or boos the characters inspire, rather than the writing or story. And also when you pointed out that we tend to be lazy shits who blame writer's block far too readily.

Damn well done, sir. 5*

luedonluedonover 3 years ago

"Ideally I'd like some very enjoyable sex and plenty of love, with lots of positive emotions and an easy life. I'd like to be a nice person with a talented lover and a loving husband with loads of money. My lover could be a hunky star athlete or a handsome actor and my husband could own a nationwide retail chain, several holiday resorts or some vineyards in sunny climes. I'd also like it if you could avoid any car crashes and hold the meatloaf."

.

Wouldn't we all?

.

Nicely done, Mr FredoBerto.

.

Lue

TreesthreeTreesthreeabout 3 years ago

Good point Fredoberto

March is coming up ;)

(Pat)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFredoberto@Fredoberto
Born many years ago in Glasgow, Scotland. Travelled the world, lived and worked in several countries and survived so far.