All Comments on 'Irish Eyes'

by Web_Spinner

Sort by:
  • 788 Comments (Page 5)
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Great!

You can tell most quality stories easily by the use of correct words & spieling.

This was a good one.

Oh & I’m a FOG—fat old graybeard—& don’t look it, but I’m pretty good with a rifle or shotgun.

And many of my pistols.

DarkerBindingDarkerBindingover 3 years ago

Stupid Anon... its a free story. Lighten the f up.

It was a fun read. Thank you. Looking forward to more.

JohnDoe3151592JohnDoe3151592over 3 years ago
Awesome!

A couple typos, misspellings, and maybe minor grammar errors, but AWESOME!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Unbelievable! Two 6* stories by the same author ... But,

it's true, so read more of web_spinner's stories. See if you can catch some of the humor embeded within. Wow!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Too good to be an erotica

It's the first time I'm posting a comment here, this story was the first that really engaged with heart of the reader. I must say it's a beautiful lovestory and too good to be called just an erotica.. it's love, it's romance and it's not just sex!

Njones53Njones53over 3 years ago

An awesome work. Realistic level of response to a cheating spouse, no sister/mother/brother/ex-girlfriend waiting in the wings. And he had money but chose to do honest work instead of living the "good life."

Thank you.

Ironman52Ironman52over 3 years ago

Second Read, I am getting to know authors styles and getting much more out of the second read. Every bit a 5* story!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This is the only time I have ever read a story on this site and left a comment,honestly !

As stated by other critics there are errors yes, but looking at the story as a whole it was well thought out .

The journey Carson takes to disappear and rebuild his shattered life was interesting and engaging.

Developing the character's Bill,Colleen and Sam including of course Caitlin was done in such a quality manner that you couldn't wait for the next chapter .

The trust, honestly,realism and loyalty were what made the story so satisfying for me all the way to the end.

You have a great talent for story telling Web_Spinner don't waste it, good luck and God Bless you !

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I see a movie. This is the best story and a happy ending!

Love it

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago

Nice tale. Well done. Small quibble is that LW revolves around the consequences of Sweetie’s adventurous behavior on the couple’s relationship. That is as minimal in this accounting as it can be. Hubby finds out, she wasn’t boffing him anyway, and Hubby wasn’t going to try. A week later, he boogies with all of his resources secure. Tells one (two if you count his mouthpiece) that he’s leaving, but not where (since Hubby really doesn’t know, either!). Later, when he needs to, he buys a divorce from Sweetie, but does not see or talk to her!

Even smaller quibble. The word used for a terminal degree in academic and professional studies is ‘doctorate’ (a noun.). The adjectival form is ‘doctoral’ (pronounced DOC -tral or -trul). So “Joe has a doctorate.” or “Joe has a doctoral degree.” Those who have a bachelor of X degree or master of X degree get an apostrophe s (‘s’) “Joe has a bachelor’s / master’s degree”. with the term ‘degree’ added if it might not be clear. That is because those are terms which describe a person (historically male, but less so any more.) ‘Doctorate’ does not! It just describes the degree / level of achievement. Since the word ‘doctor’ when used alone strongly (but wrongly) implies physician, using ‘Doctor’s degree’ would satisfy the ‘person vs. degree’ using an apostrophe s, but imply the wrong thing in many cases.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I don'tread long stories...

If I'm being honest at the end of the first page there's more than 2 more pages it's usually press the back button and adios.

Out of the hundreds of stories I've read I imagine I can count on my hands how many have been more than 3 pages, this one now counts in that small number.

There are a few mistakes in spelling and grammar which meant reading the odd sentence or paragraph again but it was worth it.

Initially I assumed he was going to get into trouble and end badly with Colleen but as soon a Caitlin arrived on the scene and gave him the cold shoulder the outcome seemed inevitable.

The twist in the story ended up being the generosity of offering $50K

5* given

Harvey_32

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Second

Second time I’ve read this story and I enjoyed it all over again.

There are a number of mistakes but they don’t detract from the story.

Nicely built up, interesting characters and a happy ending !

Who could possibly ask for more ?

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

This is my second or third reading so, obviously, this is one of my all time favorites. I’m thinking of a John Wayne and Maurine O’Hara movie. I would pay a premium to own or watch that movie. Until someone contacts you about those rights I’ll be content to reread it every so often.

Many thanks.

Anonymous91Anonymous91over 3 years ago

thousand stars. But if that whore need more than that punishment it will be more fun. this may be a tale. But lot of trues stories are happened just like this.

lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
Good Story

2nd or 3rd read. Haven't commented before. Since I have read and enjoyed the story several times, felt I owed a comment. Great story. 5*

lukeey90lukeey90over 3 years ago

Perfect just perfect

Helen1899Helen1899over 3 years ago
Lovely story

Another story to warm your heart

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

A real heart warming story and it allowed the Good Guys to finish well off. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.

Rocketmann22Rocketmann22over 3 years ago
Again good story!

this is a feel good story which I really like. The set up is really good but, most people don’t understand when you’ve inherited money from your parents when they died before you are married and have any children the money you inherited is not community property. Of course if you have children they are entitled and can’t be removed as long as they are minor children. Once they are legal adults you can do with your money as you wish. Once your dead people like wills. Wills can be challenged and you can’t control the outcome the courts have control.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

This is a good story but your long over due to add more. Thank you for your story.

silentsoundsilentsoundover 3 years ago

Second time through and full marks.

This was a very satisfying romance with a superfluous LW thrown in.

Great romance!

TajfaTajfaover 3 years ago

I've probably commented before and it's definitely a 5. Only slight thing I would have added would be hearing his cheating ex wife had found her lover was married with kids and had no intention of marrying her.

AA20195AA20195over 3 years ago

Third time's a charm, I read this story when I'm feeling depressed about my former marriage. It always gives me hope that someday I will find true love.

FifteenyearscotchFifteenyearscotchover 3 years ago

Sorry dude! All it takes for a marriage to fail is for ONE person to stop working at it! In today's America most people simply aren't going to work on the marriage long term, it's why the divorce rate is over fifty percent nationwide. A prenuptial agreement is, unfortunately, a reality of modern marriage. You choose not to get one, that's on YOU!

Burcham8Burcham8over 3 years ago
BEST!!

One of the best stories on the entire site! I’ve read it at least 8 times...never gets old!!!

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 3 years ago

Very nice SIMPLISTIC story. Missing a lot of details to fully make it a 5*.

dgfergiedgfergieover 3 years ago

excellent story, just enough of the loving wife thing and few bad guys.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
How i love this story...

I read it when I need a happy thought, so several times in 2020. The happy ending makes this old guy smile.

DP

ausvirgoausvirgoabout 3 years ago

Still loving it second time around.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 3 years ago

Second time reading, just as fresh and enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Nice wholesome entertainment, very enjoyable read! Congratulations, very well done looking forward to some more from you in the future. Thanks for the delightful read!

See above😊

TreymonTreymonabout 3 years ago

A story full of good stuff.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Great

Best I've read in a long time! I look forward to more, I would buy any book you ever decide to write a book, never stop you are really good and I read at least three books a week!😁

kirei8kirei8about 3 years ago

Fantastic story, one of the best feel good stories on this site. Wonderfully written. Congrats!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Outstanding!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Do a bit of research and not rely on Loving Wives gospel truth. Inheritance may well not be community property, depending on where you live, where the property is located, how the will was made, how the property was treated, when it was inherited etc etc etc. The few existing facts (near liquid property kept separate and controlled by husband) would suggest that it is likely not community property. Damn there goes the great drama at the beginning.

supremoosupremooabout 3 years ago

a nice love story

auhunter04auhunter04about 3 years ago

no women/ladies better than true country girls.

They know how to do things, aren't afraid of work

and they know love

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

“ which left Sam and I to sit “

It may have left Sam to sit but I’m not so sure it left I to sit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Some of the story word's is spelled wrong and there's also some of the same word's right after each other but besides that it's a good story

xtremeddxtremeddabout 3 years ago

Yep. Great story and writing. Not one mention of DC which as of late, says a lot. (LOL)...

Not sure I'd have edited it any differently at all. It's kind of like the story. Simple and easy going.

Thanks for sharing your hard work with us on Lit.

x

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Not sue but little respect for him.

Ignoring signs as many stories have main character doing.

What man gets cut off and doesn't have sit down with wife? Etc etc.

Earned back a little but not all.

Can get away with main character not catching cheating wife IF behavior doesn't change much! Otherwise must be on steady diet of stupid pills or wimpy cuckold

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

5 STARS - I thought the relationship between Caitlin and Carson was perfect - and funny ; starting from the early attitude against Carson through the warmer & warmer one that brought them together . Bill and Collien were happy and Sam was a fine choice . All of cast were great ! Keep up the good work; I' ll be looking forward to more of your work!

ker63469ker63469about 3 years ago

A great job. 5 stars. A few typos and misspelled words, bit nothing major. I like some of the ANONYMOUS readers, I will not point out every little flaw in the story or in a characters behavior.

Oldsofty1961Oldsofty1961about 3 years ago
Thumbs up

I love a good story with a happy ending very nice . High five

chytownchytownabout 3 years ago

*****One of my favorite stories on lit!! Just a great read. Thanks again for sharing.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 3 years ago

Excellent with 5 stars the third time around, love, hard work and dedication makes life worth living.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Three stars. Good premise, but lackluster execution. Page after page of narration with occasional breaks for unremarkable dialogue. The romantic relationship doesn’t develop well because it’s just being narrated. I see no chemistry between these two thin characters.

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionalmost 3 years ago

I truly enjoyed the premise, construction, development and execution of this story. It’s a good story! Thank you!

For those who want to be “critical”, at least have the wherewithal to leave your negative comments penned with your screen name. “Anonymous” negative comments are, in my humble opinion, cowardly.

MightyheartMightyheartalmost 3 years ago

Loved it.

I am a sucker for good old Romance.

Well done.

Regards

Bonnehead7Bonnehead7almost 3 years ago

Alright, this story stopped holding my attention halfway through page 4. Skipped the rest. There was zero romantic development, no build up to the level of passionately making out. Both Carson and Caitlin were underdeveloped. They have next to no chemistry, and being good looking isn't good enough. Hell, they're barely even FRIENDS, more like acquaintances, and they hook up just like that?

One problem I typically have with the loving wives category is that next to no time is spent establishing a relationship between the soon-to-be ex couple. Carson finds out she was cheating and is over it in about 2 weeks. We get a moment where he guesses he's a poor judge of character. The divorce doesn't seem to affect him too much, even though he claims to have been in love with her. She's immediately dead to him and we don't see how it affects his actions. It would've been better to just cut out the beginning and throw us into him leaving home and going on an adventure.

The story as a whole is very cliche, corny, and predictable. You've got your classic" guy who completely ignores girl and that wins her over", "guy saves girl" and the other classic, "passionate, rude girl is actually sweet under the layers of onion." The first kiss scene is just plain cringeworthy. The entire situation was the only time I was surprised, purely because it came out of left field. How do you go from barely speaking, not even being physically intimate, to locking lips in moments? 80% of all their interactions involved Caitlin "humph"-ing and storming off. No dialogue between the two to give us a reason why they'd like each other beyond physical attraction. This reads like a book made for highschool girls.

Carson seems to be the self insert. He's badass; shoots guns and saves lives. He's stoic, good looking, and "not like other guys", which drives Caitlin crazy.

There are a handful of other issues but I think anyone bothering to read this far gets the idea.

Overall, half-baked is the best way to describe this. Predictable "teen drama"-esque story that could use a major upgrade in the romance and characterization aspect.

Again, this is all for page 4 and before. If the writing suddenly gets better after that I don't really care to find out when everything before is half-baked.

AA20195AA20195almost 3 years ago

This is the third time I've read this story, I read it when I need a little pick me up when I'm feeling down about my divorce and the fact I don't have a partner to share my life with on a daily basis. It never fails to raise my spirits and give me hope that I may find someone in the future.

Thanks for the great read and the shot of optimism about the future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

It’s a nice story.

FonzihippoFonzihippoalmost 3 years ago

this was fine, until it wasnt. I knew something was up when it was the third chapter out of 5 and the 2 obvious main characters barely knew eachother. Then the kiss happened, I was expecting them to finally talk like real people but NOPE lmao. Immediately stopped reading after that.

this is wish fullfillment without the story. Its like a cake made with nothing but sugar and fat, sure it might taste good if you know what you are expecting, but its not a real cake, just like this isnt a real story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great story. While it is a good title it certainly doesn't fit the story. Really enjoyable.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

As I read the comments about the romance being underdeveloped, I personally thought the level correlated to the slow pace and simple life style of a rural area.

traddisagaintraddisagainalmost 3 years ago

'and they all lived happily ever after'........ This story was more 'cowboys and ranch' than 'cheating wife'

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Carson divorces his cheating wife and gives her as few bread crumbs as possible, gotta LOVE that beginning. Good story on what can happen if your a real man and lose the whore, move on and never look back.

BEAUTIFUL. 5 STARS

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfirealmost 3 years ago

Very enjoyable story. Great job!

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336almost 3 years ago

I thought this was a fantastic story which I found very enjoyable.

mrdata9770mrdata9770almost 3 years ago

Very well done, an enjoyable read indeed. "McLintock" comes to mind, a very politically incorrect movie in our current time, but still very entertaining. Now, what was it that John Wayne did with that hairbrush? Oh, that's right, he paddled the beautiful redhead Maureen O'Hara on her butt. Auh, the good old days. 5 stars!! Thank you for submitting your story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

kinda corny?...needs an editor...

i did read the whole thing nonetheless...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

story ok. grammar, spelling, so so. obviously no editor(s).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Great, great story. Fifth or sixth time I have read it (A year break). Just as good each time. Fuck the grammar police !! Until you have had love with a red headed Irish Beauty, you know nothing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Instead of John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara as the leads for this story, I pictured Garry Cooper and Paulette Godard. Watch them in the film "Unconquered". They are a pair who slowly grow into a couple and fall in love. Cooper had even "moved on" to get away from a two timing fiance prior to he and Godard falling in love. Lots of sparks and misunderstandings between them and Paulette was truly a redhaired goddess.

DUBLXLDUBLXLalmost 3 years ago

Beautifully done,thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Thanks for this MASTERPIECE!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

this is one of those stories I read again and again

never gets old

:)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Certainly one of my all time favorites

pummel187pummel187almost 3 years ago

I really enjoyed your story and you are right all women (or men) are not the same.. Everyone deserves to be looked at on an individual basis..

Everyone deserves another chance at true love and happiness.

Just no one in this comment section ...

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

When I need a boost I always come back to this story. Delightful. TC Ireland.

IFAFILHGIFAFILHGalmost 3 years ago

Really Really enjoyed the story.. has to be one of my all time favorites..Janice could of had it all..but blew it big time.. congrats Caitlan... 10 stars!!

DGHear2DGHear2almost 3 years ago

Absolutely loved it. Wish I could give it a ten.

With respect

DG Hear

totostorytotostoryalmost 3 years ago

I really loved the story, but there is no sex scene!!!, the author should mentioned that in the beginning,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Definitely a favourite

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

You came into your marriage with $2.5 million and you didn’t have a prenup? You deserve to be taken to the cleaners by your ex-wife!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Damnit, even i fell in love with her!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Aaah, my heart, it melted

RanDog025RanDog025almost 3 years ago

Excellent 5 star story! Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

One of my favorites.

SignedBTWSignedBTWalmost 3 years ago

I Saw A Bumper Sticker

On the back of an SUV today (8/2/21) at our local Walmart gas station, it read:

"Jesus Loves You

Everyone Else Thinks You're An Asshole!"

It just popped into mind when I read "I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I guess I'm an asshole." Colleen giggled and walked over and put a hand on my arm.

Not my first time here and probably won't be my last but every time is just as good as the first time. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Fantastic story. Please keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

FANTASTIC LOVED IT GREAT STORTY

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is a fine story. I enjoyed it and appreciate Web_Spinner posting it here. The purchase of the ranch from Wilson struck me as a bit improbable, though. It seems unlikely a guy with no academic degree or professional history relevant to ranching could purchase a $5 Million property with only a 10% down-payment. It does make a nice fantasy, though.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story well written

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Perfect story line and very well written! I wish there were more indepth stories such as this for true Artistic Writers and peope like me who step into the actual scenery. Please write more like this as they are rare and difficult to find! ?

Thank You

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Awesome story ...

TomorrowTodayTomorrowTodayover 2 years ago

I reread this every year. It is just perfect and warm. It brings back memories of my life love, and how often she'd tackle me, always coming together. Thank you.

DoctimeDoctimeover 2 years ago

Read it again. It’s still five.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Beautiful!!

Cracker270Cracker270over 2 years ago

Just read it again. Still good and still a five

Kitty_85Kitty_85over 2 years ago

I fricken love this, you did a nice job portraying a red heads temper 😉

Hiker66BikerHiker66Bikerover 2 years ago

I suppose that this is a ‘feel good’ romance, so it ticks a lot of boxes for fans of that genre. But I like stories which are grounded in reality, and for me, this left a lot to be desired. It was all just too easy for the MC. Why did Wilson sell his ranch well below value? In the real world he would have auctioned it to establish the true market value. Everything came too easy for the happy couple. Also, the MC made a big mistake by not insisting on a prenup before marrying - in the real world of high divorce rates he would be left dangerously exposed. 4 stars.

BlueEyd2BlueEyd2over 2 years ago

Very nicely done!!

dawg997dawg997over 2 years ago

Really a wonderful story. 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I had to stop mid way through the first page. In any community property state, inherited property is separate property so long as it isn't comingled with community property or income. A simple Google search will give you that answer. However, hiding assets in divorce proceedings (even in anticipation of divorce) is a crime. Using offshore accounts elevates this to federal wire fraud. So, in the first 200 words or so, you have a normal dude that got shit on become a cuckold, an idiot and a felon (amount of money). That's just not a great start. Also, running doesn't help and that will add extra charges and make sure he doesn't get bail. No matter where this story goes, the fact that he will eventually have the FBI, secret service or IRS on his ass will haunt the back of my mind throughout the story. The wife wants him to hurt and the feds want their money (wire fraud money is subject to asset forfeiture). As a former financial crimes liason for a state courthouse, this is exactly what happens when hubby tries to run.

MiddlesonMiddlesonover 2 years ago

What a fantastic story! Loved it from beginning to end! Would have loved him to disclose the secret loan for her business from his funds during the house tour to show her another part of his love for her. I think the wedding should have been at the pond and waterfall they first met.

Regardless excellent writing⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Shitty website... i wanted to give 10 stars but i am only allowed to give 5... jezus H christ, this should be made into a film... when i read this story, it made me think of Maureen O'Hara and John Wayne in a boxing movie, this is SO good... please write more...

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

3rd time I've read this one..I am a rancher myself in East Texas. I am the 5th generation owner having bought out the family far.m just like my dad had done. I'm 73 and been a cowboy all my life. This story reminds me of me.

1...345678
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous