IsabellaEmily on Her Writing

Story Info
An essay about my writing.
1.2k words
4.8
4.9k
10
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
IsabellaEmily
IsabellaEmily
3,425 Followers

This isn't a story. It's just me, writing about my own writing. And myself a bit of course.

Think of it as a 'Special Feature' on a DVD. A little bit informative, and little bit just someone randomly rambling.

IsabellaEmily (which I use as one word) is my pen name. I chose it because Isabella is a name I've always loved, and Emily may or may not be my real middle name (mostly may).

I am married. My husband knows I write here and not only approves of my sexual kinks and perversions, but happily participates in them.

I tend to write for myself.

I work from home as a writer in real life, but what I write for income is fairly boring and more of a technical job than a creative one. So, when I write erotica it meets several needs.

For one it gives me a chance to write the sort of stories that I would want to read. And I love to read erotica.

It also gives me a chance to not worry at all about proofreading. I don't mean that I don't care about errors, or that I don't care about the experience of my readers. I just mean that since I'm not being paid or working under any deadlines I don't stress over every word.

Some of my stories are proofread and edited heavily, while sometimes I just sit and spend a few hours typing, and then submit after relying on spellcheck and autocorrect to help me prevent the most offensive grammatical mistakes.

Writing here also gives me a chance to put into words some of the sexual fantasies that I have. Unlike real life sexual encounters, when I'm writing I am in complete control. Leg cramps don't happen, orgasms always do, and I don't have to worry about being too weird or kinky or sleepy or hungry or in need of a shower.

There are two stories I've written here that are fictionalized versions of things that I really lived through. They are The Nurse and The Nanny, A Wet Summer Night (and the sequel A Wetter Summer Night).

The character of Merri in TNATN is based on someone near and dear to me in real life. The story told there is a fictionalized version of my coming to accept my bisexuality, which was a much bigger deal in the small community I was raised in back when it happened.

The real-life Merri reads my stories here on Literotica, and even though we live half a country apart, we still talk a few times a months and text each other nearly every day.

In fact, she is the one who first shared this site with me all those years ago since we both loved to read erotica. I was a reader here for a long time before I made an account and started to interact with other users.

A Wet Summer Night and A Wetter Summer Night are also biographical as far as my realization that there was, at least for me, a definite connection between peeing and sexual arousal and pleasure.

Rachael in those stories is based on the real-life girlfriend of a real cousin, and the family camping trip described there really happened every year.

A Wet Summer Night is about 90% true. The rain, the tent, and what we did together with that cooler really happened. A Wetter Summer Night is about 50% true, with the rest based on every fantasy I've had about that night since.

Another story, My Desperate Diapered Day, isn't fictionalized at all, although I might not accurately remember how much water I had to drink that morning, or how long exactly I lay on the bed.

I usually write with white noise playing in the background, in my home office with the door closed and the real world shut out. My husband and I really do live in Florida, and the house described in The Skylark Solution series is based largely on our real house.

We do live far from neighbors, at the end of a long dead-end road, adjacent to a lake with real alligator sightings sometimes. We have a magnificent back deck, with a great view of sunsets over the lake. Sometimes I write out there, but I'm too easily distractable to be able to be productive enough to do it often.

I often dress sexy, at least in some way, to write erotica. I don't sit around writing dressed in full leather gear or anything. I may just be wearing pants and a sweatshirt, but I'll often have a pair of sexy panties on as well. They help put me in an erotic headspace that helps me be sexually creative.

I honestly do read every message and comment that I get here on Literotica about my writing, and I genuinely appreciate most of them.

When I started publishing stories here, I figured I'd put up three or four, and that I'd be happy if just a few people thought they weren't too bad. I'm absolutely delighted that so many enjoy the things I write about, and that many of those readers like the way in which I tell those stories.

Some of course haven't liked either the genre's I've written in, or the stories themselves, or my actual skill at telling those stories, and those are all fair criticisms.

I see lots of room for improvement in my writing, and I'm hopeful that I'll continue to improve over time. As for the stories and the genre's they fall in, I'll just continue to write what I enjoy writing and hope that the ones who enjoy them will continue to be entertained.

I have no idea if anyone will even read this essay, but if you have and you have any questions for me about how I write, or what I write, or why I write, leave a comment or send me a message and I'll do my best to include the questions and answers in another essay at some point.

If you're one of the folks who keeps telling me you're thinking about writing something for Literotica, I want you to GO FOR IT!

Literotica has a fantastic message board that is filled with posts and comments from authors and readers that will guide you through that. And the publishing process itself is easy here.

If you're just a reader I'd just encourage you to keep reading. I'd also encourage you to create an account and leave comments for the authors that you like so they know someone enjoys their effort.

I'm not sure I see the point in leaving comments on stories you hate, but that's probably a discussion best had by people smarter than I am. In my life I just file that sort of things under 'life is too short to bother'.

I used to get on Literotica's Chat feature occasionally and create a room called ASK EMILY ANYTHING.

I think I'm going to do that on here once every few months. Ask me any question you'd like to, and if it's within Literotica's standards I'll be happy to answer it in an Ask Emily Anything essay.

Wherever you are, and for whatever reason you're reading this, I hope you're having an amazing day, with peace and happiness in your future. Along with several sweaty orgasms of course!

Love, IsabellaEmily

IsabellaEmily
IsabellaEmily
3,425 Followers