Ismene

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Ismene thought over everything Gavin had told her for the next two hours, trying to process all of it.

It had been her favorite porn and her go to fantasy, but she hadn't put 2 and 2 together until Gavin had told her. Even though Dante had told her he knew all the porn she watched.

As soon as he was done with cleaning up after the last girl, Gavin showed her the appointment book and how to use the intercom, as if he were fully expecting her to start working there with him.

When it was time to close up, Ismene stopped him, confused. "W-why not one of of of your w-wives?" she asked him, gesturing around the room as she handed him her chain.

"Savannah can't stand the sight of blood or bodily fluids, and Dominique was already a baker and she prefers cooking," he grinned. "None of the others have any experience in medical at all, either. Well... one did coming in, but she didn't make it inside. Technically, I'm enough, but with several girls getting pregnant now and the other appointments I have as well, it would be nice having someone else keeping track of appointments, calling people in and cleaning up. I can teach you the rest as we go," he smiled. "Come on, let's not be late to dinner, and hopefully the announcement."

The announcement!

Ismene had gotten so wrapped up in her own head that she'd forgotten why she had been with Gavin in the first place!

When they arrived at the dining hall, Dante wasn't there and neither were two others who usually were. Ismene had to sit near Gavin's wives and they gave her friendly smiles and pats of commiseration as they all ate.

After dinner, Gavin took her out front and sat down with her, his wives sitting with them and hugging her, Savannah pulling her to lay in her lap while she gave her a scalp massage.

Ismene completely forgot herself. "Oh, that's lovely," she breathed.

"Did she just talk to your property?" David demanded, sitting up.

"She spoke to me," Gavin grinned, lifting her leash.

"Where's Dante?" Chris asked anxiously.

"Why's she in a shirt?" Kevin asked curiously.

"Since when are..." David began.

"If you wish to ask Dante when he returns from his work, you may ask him," Gavin announced gallically. "But I am sure it has to do with how traumatized she is and helping her heal, or perhaps covering the bruises left on her during her abuse. We cannot really know his mind, can we? What we know is that it's his business and that YOU should not care so much whether you can see his property or not."

"Liam, Austin and Dante weren't at Dinner," someone else called. "Is it happening?"

"When Dante discovers anything, he will make an announcement," Gavin shrugged. "Aren't there games scheduled for tonight?"

"Dante's game was canceled today and Liam and Austin are both in the other."

"Why do you hold her leash?" David demanded.

"Because Dante asked me to care for her while he's busy," Gavin told David darkly. "She's having trouble coping. Why are you so interested in Firsts property?"

"She's breaking rules," David scowled, standing up. "I've read the books and I know them by heart! Vessels should ALWAYS be ready for their masters!"

"I suppose you don't have it perfected just yet," Gavin gave him a tight smile. "As it reads 'master', not 'masters'. She doesn't have to be ready for you, only for him, and he is not here, is he? Greg, Jordan, please take David to one of the cells for a night of reflection."

"You don't have any right!" David bellowed angrily, backing away from the two men who stood up.

"Am I no longer your Second?" Gavin asked David calmly.

"Only the First can sentence a Brother to the cells!"

"And did I sentence you, or send you for a night of reflection? And reread it, David. Does it say 'First', or 'those who lead among you'? Is Dante here? As he is indisposed, who leads among you, David? Who is among your leaders even when Dante IS here? Take him. When Dante returns, there will be a trial," he sighed, looking upset.

It was the first time Ismene had seen him look less than pleasant.

There was silence as David was led away, his face almost purple with rage.

"I do fear that brother David is no longer fit," Gavin sighed sadly, looking over at John, nearby.

John nodded and so did several others, all looking sad.

"Take his vessels to his room for now. Vessels, you will stay in his room until after the trial, then I fear it is likely that you might be divided among the other men," Gavin told the two girls who belonged to David.

One of them broke down in relieved sobs, the other looked stunned, but pleased as she hugged the sobbing girl and helped her to their room.

"I think it speaks a lot that they were both eager to be away from him," John murmured, looking upset. "We should have seen this sooner."

"We should have," Gavin agreed sadly. "I will speak to Dante about interviewing vessels, I think. Seeing who puts on a face out here, but treats them badly behind closed doors."

"That's a good idea," Ian agreed quickly, stroking one of his vessels hair gently as she lay her head against his knee. "I have suggestions on who should go first and should not be told about the interviews before they are done."

"And who is that?" Gavin asked, sounding hurt like he didn't want to hear that.

"Austin, for one. I do not know it for fact, but... I noticed yesterday how they both flinch away from sudden movement. When I looked closer, they both have bruises inside their thighs where it's harder to see... it could be nothing and I may be speaking out of turn... but it is better to speak and have it be nothing than stay silent and have it be something."

"Agreed," John nodded sadly. "Now that you speak, I did notice that he keeps them in his room during rec time, doesn't let them out save for their jobs and meal times. Even when he is out. I thought it odd, but considered it might be their own choices as well. They do seem shy."

"Or abused," Jake muttered darkly, hugging one of his vessels close and kissing the top of her head. She hugged him and kissed his chest.

Ismene knew that even though Jake seemed surly most of the time, his two vessels were always among the happiest and friendliest, always smiling. She sat considering who might be like David's vessels, secretly abused in private.

Gavin went tense next to her and Ismene looked up, then jumped up and went running to Dante as he strode in purposefully. He gave her a quick smile and took hold of the chain she hadn't offered or noticed as it dragged as she hugged him. He squeezed her only a second, then stepped into the room, pulling her along with him.

She got the hint. It wasn't time for affection, he was all business just this moment.

Why did that hurt her heart so much?

"Is everyone here?" Dante asked loudly as Liam and Austin followed him in, looking stressed.

"First, David is reflecting in the cells," Gavin announced sadly.

Dante's face fell as he looked around, then he took a deep breath and nodded. "We're missing others, I see. Make the announcement to converge here... all but David. The shirt?" he asked Gavin.

"Among other things," Gavin agreed. "I would like to speak to you in private once you're done speaking. Also, your vessel knows now."

Dante glanced down at Ismene, then gave Gavin a nod. "Everyone be seated! Quickly! A lot is about to change. Stacia, Dal, get your masters something to eat, they've not had dinner or lunch, be quick. Alright, is that everyone but David? I will fill him in later. His vessels?"

"In his room, resting," Gavin assured Dante.

"Good. Alright," he announced, looking grim. "Today... things went wrong in the world. Plan Alpha was thrown off course, so was plan Beta and Charlie. They actually implemented plan Echelon."

"Isn't that one for war?" Henry asked, alarmed, his face pale and pain filled.

"It is," Dante agreed. "There was a sudden incident and the Dragon Supremes had to intercede... The 7 fallback city bunkers around the world were still activated, but they managed to stop the global disaster, if only just. Still, it's all been started and... the world is in a bit of chaos. We may or may not get more deliveries, but they are changing things up right now. There are already private servers up from smaller bunkers around the US and they have gone on full Echelon protocol. One of the city bunkers have gotten onto the servers, but so far, not the others. We're afraid the time constraint of the nuclear warning rather than any of the other warnings may have made it so that too few people made it into the bunkers. Hopefully they will be up and running soon. Nothing really changes as far as what we will do in here, but... because it was put into motion so quickly, not all the hordes were able to be filled. Some are at quarter strength, some at half... but were are one of three at full strength. The only horde at full strength in the eastern US. That means when this is over, it will be on us alone, probably, to bring in all of the smaller bunkers and the two city bunkers in the US. Once the time gets closer, we will set up communications so that they will be ready. Liam and Austin will keep me apprised of any and all movement on the servers and I will be monitoring it as well. No one will have access to it that was not given access to it. We will know how many are still living once this is all over. We'd hoped to have more people here in the US, as well as other places, but it is what it is. Be glad we were among the first to be inserted and that we're very lucky in that. We've lost a great many brothers."

"You're sure they're dead?"

"What happened?"

"What stage are we on, then?"

"While it's true they may not be dead yet, and some may even find their way to bunkers if they know the locations like I did, it's true that if they are outside come this time tomorrow, they will be lost. The virus is being released very soon. The EMP's have knocked out every major city and the interwebs are all down. Every major bank has been wiped completely clean like they never existed. Our protected server is all that's left. There's already rioting, the cameras on the drones show that. The militaries are all mostly shut down, though they are trying to do things the old fashioned way. Soon, nothing will be left and they'll start the terraforming after the virus takes out all human life not protected in one of our verified bunkers."

"Which of the seven cities have you heard from?" Henry asked worriedly.

Dante gave him a sad look. "I'm sorry, Henry, Sparen has not logged into the server yet. So far as we can tell, it's all still shut down there. It might just mean that they haven't gotten around to it yet."

"The engineers KNOW it's the first thing they were supposed to do!" Henry shook his head, his features full of stress.

"I'm sure your family is fine," Dante assured him. "They knew to stay close to the bunker and get there quickly."

"The bunkers," Billy called, also looking stressed. "They were one of the fallbacks. The city bunkers? They were going to help repopulate the world with less blood mixing. If they didn't have time..."

"We don't think about what we can't change," Dante announced loudly. "We'll just have to keep better records and make sure our children and their children find ways to stay away from their own bloodlines."

"How many hordes have no one in them?" Gavin asked sadly.

"So far as we know, more than half," Dante answered. "Though word was sent out and some might have made it. We'll have to wait and see. This is a prime example of plans only working until the first arrow flies, brothers. We knew we would have to adapt, and we will. There are a few other larger bunkers out there built by investors that are full. We put them in motion the same time we came in. They did it in waves, and we were in the second wave, along with six bunkers around the world from investors. The top investors, anyway. They all have bunkers that have a capacity for over 100 and they were told to allow people who could procreate and had viable jobs for after. We know that most just let their friends in, a lot of older people from money, but they will have younger people as well and they will make families that we can mix blood with. Bring into our fold and teach. It will be a priority, go gather those who can bring families into the world and bring them back to us until we can start branching out."

"Are there ways to reach those who are overseas?"

"No... and we weren't meant to. We're meant to start over and make sure that technology never goes so far again as to strip the earth bare. Keep everything sustainable. Keep our ways and start over again in a new world. We will just have to start even smaller than we imagined, but that's alright. As long as we stick to our tenets and keep on our path, everything will work out."

"What about all the nuclear..."

"Dismantled as we speak and it will be... gotten rid of. I can't tell you more than that, but know when we leave here, there won't be anything left on our earth that can harm it. Once we leave here to start over... everything within will be destroyed. No technology will be left over, we won't be able to remake it or reverse engineer it and... it's in our laws not to try to. Now that it's all happening, there is the second half of our books that we will ALL be studying. What comes after. How we will live from the moment we step out those doors after we gather all to us. How we will ensure that our children and our children's children don't do what our ancestors did to the earth."

"A new paradise!" Henry called.

"A new beginning!" Liam shouted.

"A new life!" everyone agreed.

"I don't expect any more deliveries, but if we get them, we will get several over the next few days," Dante went on. "There were instructions in the event of a global disaster to fill the delivery chute as full as possible and keep going until they couldn't any more."

"I have notifications," Josh agreed. "We've gotten four drops in the last hour that I have to retrieve as soon as we finish."

"Get your brothers to help you," Dante nodded. "In fact, any who do not have full duty tomorrow, stay up and help brother Joshua pull in deliveries and put them away. We will start Echelon protocol immediately," he told them. "That means half rations until we hear otherwise, no power usage from 8 PM until 8 AM, more strictly timed showers, everything. You all know the protocol, but I will leave it on each of you to ensure your vessels know what to do. Our secondary classes for the second half of our book will start tomorrow. I will be teaching and attendance is mandatory for everyone without an essential job, and all of your vessels who don't have an essential job. Until the second half of the book is known to all, you won't get any rec time at all, and once it is complete, you will get your second tattoo. Brother Chris, you're gonna be busy here in a week or two," Dante smiled at the man.

"I did wonder what I needed all that extra ink for," Chris grinned. "Ready when you are, First!"

"Good. I'll show you the new tattoo tomorrow and you can put it on me. Here," he told him, gesturing to his thigh on the same side as the large dragon tattoo. Alright, brothers. There's a lot going on and a lot I need to do still tonight. I know you have questions and you want answers, but it will all have to wait. We're past lights out now and we can't ignore the rules. Get some rest tonight and tomorrow we'll have more answers, I hope. Good night, all of you. Gavin? Send your vessels to bed and you're with me. You too, Liam, send your vessels to bed and come on," he demanded, hugging Ismene closer as he led them to his room.

When they got there, he shut the door quickly, then paced a moment after handing Ismene her chain.

Finally, he turned and looked at the two men, then Ismene. He gave her a gentle smile. "Lay down, babe, this isn't for you. I'll be in bed soon."

Ismene hurried to bed and got in it, but she watched and listened.

"David?" Dante asked Gavin.

"Called me to question, called your leadership into question, and... and I think he's been harming his vessels. I don't know that for certain, but... the way they act? There were suggestions that you hold private talks with every vessel to ensure that they aren't being mistreated by our brothers. Make sure they're all safe and well taken care of. Also, I told the others there would be a trial for David once you were ready. He got angry and belligerent and even disobeyed a direct order. I don't think he's suitable to be a brother any longer, I think it's all going to his head, a bit."

"Perhaps some time reflecting might change him," Dante sighed. "Do you truly think he harms his vessels?"

"The relief in them, First," Gavin shook his head. "It was heartbreaking."

"Then I will do as you ask, but... you are more equipped to question vessels than I. Make appointments for each of them. Question all of them and make it known that if they are being misused or harmed, that they will not be punished for speaking up. It's one thing to be unhappy to be here because they miss their family or they don't want to belong to their master... it's another for a brother to punish a vessel for no reason and keep her in fear and turmoil. That is not what we do."

"I will begin first thing in the morning," Gavin agreed. "Thank you, First, for seeing what needed doing and seeing it done so quickly."

Dante nodded. "I am only sorry that it needs to be done. "Liam? Gavin is my Second, tell him what you witnessed this day."

Liam looked down, then hugged himself. "Attacks... the scale of which the world hasn't seen so far. Bombings all over the world... Major cities. It all happened so fast! Gunmen popping up everywhere all at once just before noon, crowded places! Shopping centers, churches, schools. All over the world, every country who sanctioned countries that had dealings with the Omaradul. Thousands died today by violence... then the warheads were all being opened up, ready to launch. No one even knew! It was just happening! The Dragon Supremes had to destroy one as it was launching so that it wouldn't reach its destination because they couldn't shut it down in time! Then the EMP's went off everywhere and the world went black. They shut down the interwebs and disabled every single satellite that wasn't ours or protected by us to use... but the panic and the chaos! People weren't just rioting! They were running in mobs and killing people! Poor people went to rich neighborhoods and just dragged them out in the streets... Politicians were being burned and hanged... it was insane! I never imagined it would happen like this! Such a seemingly small terrorist organization that was growing and seemed so benign until they were sanctioned... If the Dragons hadn't intervened, the entire world would be destroyed right now! As it is... what's left out there is just... it's so horrible, Brother Gavin! I know we are supposed to leave our familial ties behind, but... I really hope my little sister doesn't suffer. If... if she's gone, I hope it was quick. If she's alive, I hope she doesn't suffer at all."

"The virus is fast and deadly, painless," Gavin assured him. "Any left will be gone quickly."

"You aren't alone in hoping for the best for your family out there," Dante assured Liam, then hugged him. "We all hope that those we cared for don't suffer. And you heard Henry, he has family in Sparen too. One of the Bunker cities the Dragons designed? He was worried for them as well, it's natural. When we say you must leave that life behind you, we don't mean just forget they exist. It means move on despite, to make a better world for our children and great-children. For the earth. We can still mourn them and hope for the best possible outcome for them. Now that you have borne witness to the Second, you may go and rest, brother Liam," Dante told him gently.

1...678910...15