It Began at the Grocery Store

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hunter, I remember the change in you that night. As strange as it may seem to say... thank you!"

My tears flowed. Even now, I don't hate Hunter. I cared for him, but never loved him and never will. But I sat there realizing that the one night of terror that Mark and I endured also claimed Hunter. But not for a night. This was his life. He wasted the only thing on this earth he truly owned. It was no longer his to share with society, to be productive, to love, to be loved. I cried for him - for lost potential.

A guard warned that we only had another minute. Hunter had one more thing to say.

"Amy, Mark. I don't deserve what I'm going to ask. I'm asking... for forgiveness. Not for me. I've screwed the pooch -- it's over for me. But I've read about the tough time people have that survive things... like I did to you. You need to forgive me so you can enjoy life. Please promise you'll try."

Mark answered. "Hunter, our being here is a step towards our desire to do just that. We pray for you every night, and we will continue to."

Hunter collapsed onto the table sobbing. The guards came to retrieve Hunter as he addressed me.

"Amy, forget about me!"

"No Hunter. We'll pray for you."

They led him away as Mark and I cried on each other's shoulders. One stupid decision carries way too high a price.

Several weeks later, Mark and I appeared at Hunter's sentencing. We spoke on his behalf for leniency. The judge wanted to be compassionate, but couldn't ignore the potentially serious consequences of Hunter's actions. He was sentenced to 20 years but could be paroled much earlier.

That was over, and it was hard to watch. Hunter thanked Mark and me before they led him off to be processed.

*****

Mark and I enjoyed Thanksgiving and Christmas with each other's families. Both sets of parents ended up becoming close friends. Shared emotions from great joy or tragedy can form strong bonds. We all experienced both in rapid succession.

My love continued to grow for Mark, and I knew he felt the same about me because it showed in everything he did. We were of one mind. I hoped one body isn't too far away because we felt so close to that state of singularity.

And that brings us to today.

One year together. Mark and I are going to celebrate with a quiet homemade dinner. We've become a team in the kitchen since both of us enjoy cooking. So the menu is selected, and it's time to get supplies.

We walked into The Fresh Grocer. I'm focused on getting what we need and getting this hunk of a guy home for some afternoon delight. We chatted about the dinner plans and teased about the things we'll do to each other after dinner. I was getting wet with anticipation.

As we walked together down the cereal aisle, Mark turned to get a box of Rice Chex.

"Amy, do you remember this spot?"

"Remember what?"

"This is where I first talked to you. I asked if I knew you from somewhere and you called me cheesy!" He chuckled in his recollection.

"You were cheesy, but in a cute way. Are you sure it was right here?" I grinned.

"Yep. I remember looking at you and thinking I could get lost in those eyes of yours."

He walked up to me and gazed into the windows to my soul.

I blushed a little as I responded. "I think I remember thinking the same thing!"

"I did lose myself in there and found something even greater. We found each other. I can't live another moment without knowing we'll always be together."

He lowered himself to one knee and held out a small jewelry box.

"Oh, Lord! Mark?"

"Amy Waters, will you make me complete... and be my wife?"

"Oh... yes! Yes! Yes!"

Our mouths met in pure passion. Our tongues danced in agreement. A small crowd had gathered and broke into applause and tears.

"Sweetie?" He kisses me.

"Yes, Meatball?" I kiss him back. Every sentence ends with a kiss.

"I love you!"

"I'm glad because it would be embarrassing if I loved you this much and you didn't feel the same."

"And, Sweetie?"

"Yes?"

"I really would like a different pet name!"

"If you say so... Meatball!"

EPILOGUE

I can't help but to look back and reflect on how a simple weekly trip to the grocery store became 'the' defining moment in our lives.

Hunter was incarcerated at a prison not too far away. Mark and I visit him about every other month. He gravitated towards a group involved in prison ministry and formed relationships with other prisoners that were helped by them. Mark and I saw a real positive change in him. We both feel prayers are being answered.

J.D. and Will's trial was difficult. They blamed Hunter for everything and tried to say I teased them about getting gangbanged and then asked them to fulfill my fantasy. It was easy to see the juror's opinion of the bull they were hearing. Mark and I had to testify. Hunter testified as well. They were found guilty.

I put that horrible night in perspective. There is nothing I hold onto from that episode that has caused me problems. I can never forget what Hunter did, or what he could have taken from Mark and me if things went really wrong. But I've forgiven him, and so has Mark. We both know that all of us are capable of horrendous acts, but most of us understand how to impose self-control. We never know for sure what we would be capable of doing if our ability to control ourselves is compromised.

Mark and I graduated in May. We were married in August. Mark's composition was used as my bridal procession. He arranged it for his friends to play that were providing our wedding music -- a string quintet, a wind duet of flute and oboe, a classical guitar, and a gifted pianist.

The wedding was relatively small, simple, and wonderful. We didn't want all the elaborate trappings of the modern wedding where lots of money flowed so the couple could pretend to be royalty for a day. We wanted friends, family, and each other.

Speaking of wanting each other, the wedding night was everything we dreamed of. Our familiarity paved the way for comfort and passion for each other. I'll never forget the image of my best friend, my husband, my lover gazing into the windows to my soul as we became one. And yes, he fits! We bought some special equipment to be sure I was ready. And man, was I ready!

I'm just thankful I went shopping that one Saturday morning.

I went for food.

I found true love.

I'm completed.