All Comments on 'It was Just a Joke'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 236 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Drop it.

This is a stock situation with stock characters we've seen time and again: The crazy, sociopathic wife. The "friend" who is no friend. And the wronged husband who runs away at the first sign of trouble. You've got talent. Think of something else.

payenbrantpayenbrantover 3 years ago
Very good....

But end it there.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

You should end it here ..this was cruel for both parties, and the best friend is a snake in the grass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Joke This

Don't listen to that ANONYMOUS CUCK ! I gave you 5 STARS . As far as continuing, That would be up to you . You ended this perfectly ! ! ! However there are many other possibilities . You have to decide if you want to continue . Considering how well you wrote this Chapter, you may do well to CARRY ON !

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

Chuckle.

Nice joke.

I say go for it! Let’s see what else you can plug in aside from the obvious.

Thx!!!

Rocky62Rocky62over 3 years ago

Carry on, wifey can learn to love snowballing and sucking creampie outta her new partner wife

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Nope, I think the twist was enough. Usual trope different names. Not a lot to pursue here. 3*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Continue?

Up to you to decide. You are the writer. You write it, I will probably read it.

The "joke" on the jokers didn't land all that well for me. Lawyers involved in carrying out a "joke" seems a bit far fetched. Practically speaking, her lawyer would contact his. Expensive joke in terms of dollar cost.

Slipped to 3 stars from 4 due to the ending.

KirkelKirkelover 3 years ago
Of coarse continue!

Bunch of naysayers who vote for fuck all! Free country, I just love reading controversy. Bang away at you keyboard! If people hate it, they don’t need to read it.

I’m ready for the next chapter...bring it! 😂

Pappy7Pappy7over 3 years ago
Very readable story but

I don't like anything to do with or about practical jokes. They are never funny to the victim and the only enjoyment the players get is from humiliating the victim. I can't conceive of a reason for him to take his wife back and several reasons to do what the friend offered to let him do. They went so far beyond infidelity they can't even see it anymore. Faithfull doesn't mean that it's everything up to and except getting a dick wet somewhere or another.

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Write it

You write it Skip, and I will read it. If.not, I like where this one ended.

WargamerWargamerover 3 years ago

Continue, please!!!!!

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3over 3 years ago
i laughed

Please keep this going!

chytownchytownover 3 years ago
The End***

Thanks for the read.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
anon

Please continue

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

Yes please continue.

Thank you

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

@sbrooks103x,

why would anyone do anything just because you dont care for it?

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
End it there

Thing is, Ned and Althea were right: he had no sense of humor, or anything else.

Why crawl out the bathroom window? Why not just walk out the door, get in his car and leave? Why not hit the ATM and get out as much cash as possible? Yeah, I know: tat would have made it easier to track him down, but for a guy who was planning to just disappear he didn’t plan very well.

The story gets points for being original. But how does someone like Jeff ever believe that Ned and Althea weren’t screwing? There’s no way to prove that didn’t happen.

Richie4110Richie4110over 3 years ago

Yea, I think it needs a finish although that could be a challenge. Unless, you already have it planned and are really looking for support. I would like to see what you’ve planned.

I’ll put this in my “to be read later list to see what shows up.

Thanks

GoodOldMSBoyGoodOldMSBoyover 3 years ago
I know I’m in the minority

But your ending was just great and in line with the rest of the story. I say, “Leave it!”

. . . if you do have a sequel in mind, though, you know we’ll read and enjoy it.

Thanks for this good read.

shanaopshanaopover 3 years ago

I think you should leave it as is.

maninconnmaninconnover 3 years ago
Good one!

I’m for leaving it as finished. ‘Nuff said.

Thanks for writing!

awyldsideawyldsideover 3 years ago

No, I think you should end it. Where can you go from here that fits into the story?

This was a very expensive joke. Drained the savings, cost of the lawyers... I'm sure someone who just "walks" away could stop at revenge sex.

Unfortunately, I just wrote a similar story to be posted soon.

Should have been in non-erotic category. No sex involved.

I do like getting even stories though... BTB

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
The question is why isn't it in non erotic?????????

The story was OK as a story, dumb but certainly in the wrong category..... With all these revenge based shitty stories they need to go in non erotic....

Leave LW for erotica...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Leave it there

Some of us have an imagination

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@tralan69er, you TOTALLY misread my comment, I'm saying that he should do what HE wants, not what other people tell him to do.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Finish it

So many just leave readers hanging finish it please.

muskyboymuskyboyover 3 years ago

Good story, continue. Reconcile, but clarify the wife's suffering as I didn't feel it in this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Please keep it going... Be interesting to see what happens . Maybe Ned will pork Cynthia...

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
WOW! 130 comments in 2 or 3 days

and another comment from me. :)

I've enjoyed your stories (have read all of them now, until more arrive) and this was good too. Whether to continue or not is up to you, the author. If there is no sequel, then I create an ending in my own imagination. If you do create a sequel, then I'll read it when it comes along and likely enjoy it like I've enjoyed your other stories.

There are lots of options for continuation, each of which will disappoint some reader or readers. There is no pleasing some people, who want the result to reflect their own sense of justice and their own feelings of revenge/humor/love/betrayal or whatever else floats their boat.

Do as you will, you don't need our permission to write a sequel and if you don't write one, don't feel guilty for not writing it.

Thanks for the story and your continued writing for our benefit. I do appreciate the entertainment received, although I have not created an account (yet!) nor posted a story of my own. I've got a few ideas rattling around in my head but dunno if they will ever make it out. Take care and stay safe.

rRC

tralan69ertralan69erover 3 years ago

@sbrooks103x,

I don't care for stories that need reader approval to continue or not.

you sound like the little boy that didn't get his way.

Wh00sherWh00sherover 3 years ago

I was enjoying that. But the ending ruined it

BoytitsBoytitsover 3 years ago

Say anything you want just don’t spell my name wrong when you comment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
More chapters

Continue on id live to see what twisted shit you come up with

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
This your story Skippy

I like it fine as is, but if you have more in mind, then go for it. You're the author, you get to decide how long your story is.

copoyenkocopoyenkoover 3 years ago

Please continue with this story.

TechumsahTechumsahover 3 years ago
Part 2

Definitely needs one and with your unexpected endings I am sure it will be great.

GriscomGriscomover 3 years ago
Fine until the ending

Don't know what you were trying to do there. It was jarring, but not in a good way. Didn't make me want to read more. Made me want to give up on the story entirely.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Just wasted my time reading. Make sure I don't find your real name and by any chance cross our path or youll me be eating in straw for a long time... (Just kidding) Finnish the damm story you lazy bastard.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Finish the damned story!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

please continue with the story or allow others to write their version of the continuation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Don't bother with more. You already ruined an interesting story.

traddisagaintraddisagainabout 3 years ago

enjoyable a tit for tat story well dpone

jflindersjflindersabout 3 years ago

The best continuation would be to let Ned get what he wanted, Cynthia what she wanted living happily ever after with Jeff who would be free of a wife with so little compassion that she thought it would be funny to cause her husband pain and stress. Since that may be hard to credibly accomplish from this ending, best let it die.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyalmost 3 years ago

Liked it! I say continue it please

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

This story is hardly done. No payback for Ned was disappointing. He wants in Althea's pants and should be punished for his lack of thoughtfulness. Given your permission I would finish this story for good. Jeff is too forgiving.

Diecast1Diecast1almost 3 years ago

Keep going .Love it so far. AAAA+++

ikcnollaikcnollaalmost 3 years ago

5 stars! Please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Tearing up the divorce papers and reconciling ruined the story.

Brock49Brock49almost 3 years ago

Great story. Can't wait for the follow up.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Unfinished so I could only score it a 2

kiwianne12kiwianne12almost 3 years ago

Five stars,

Finish the story. There are too many questions.

She might agree but will never accept the girlfriend as a second wife. Why would he want to come back anyway?

Anne

TajfaTajfaover 2 years ago

Brilliant. OK it was a cruel joke but no one committed adultery so why people complain about the reconciliation is a mystery. If either of them had fallen then a divorce would have been justified but in this case lessons were learned before anything disastrous happened so well done for the final practical joke. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I had to check for a continuation but can't see one on your submission list. It would be interesting to see how you imagine a reaction to Jeff's suggestion. My only real question is whether Jeff would allow Althea and Ned to be part time live ins along with Cynthia. The only jokester who might benefit would be Ned who might find Cynthia more appealing than Althea while Jeff is stuck alone in the end because he can't trust his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A befejezetlenség miatt az értéke leromlott! Nagyon jól megírt volt egészen a végéig ! Nem gondolhatja komolyan hogy egy fenékkel két lovat akar lovagolni!? Bármi volt is a tréfa ,viszont ez már nem a Tréfa szintje Cinthi mint segédfeleség!Túl ment a határon!!!

NVDiceGuyNVDiceGuyover 2 years ago

Leave it where it is. Don’t get caught up in the continuation spiderweb.

invisible_bridgesinvisible_bridgesover 2 years ago

Story is D.O.A. Please no sequel.

Texas_Military_ManTexas_Military_Manover 2 years ago

I would suggest one alternative ending. "Well, Althea, I agree, I did need to loosen up and take a joke. Now, let's see how well you can take a joke: Cynthia is pregnant!"

rn2711rn2711over 2 years ago

Very good. Please don't continue the story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it. A real blast.

SwordWielderSwordWielderabout 2 years ago

Great story, but could go several ways. I personally don't think he should re-establish relationships with Cynthia and Ned - what they did was way overt the line. I'm sure the lawyers can reprint the divorce papers and they can sign them. Some people say you can forgive, but these people were the closest people to him, and had known him for years and they would have had a pretty good idea how he would react. Let them live with a lifetime of regret for a stupid action and explaining to friends and family what happened. Cynthia would also probably have to wait a couple of years to find someone else to have kids with, if she ever had kids. I repeat - let Jeff and Althea continue their relationship and live a happy and better life, and let Ned and Cynthia live in the burned out ashes of their own lives knowing that they built and started their own fires.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

ZEROZEROZERO; does that answer your question?

MarkT63MarkT63about 2 years ago

This deserves a second chapter...

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 years ago

Read again. Great story.

Daikkenn74Daikkenn74about 2 years ago

We need more to this

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Hey, where is the continuation? Don’t leave us hanging like a Peking duck in a Chinese restaurant!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A strange story that I liked but not enough for even 3 stars. For Jeff to do what he did - especially going as far as he did - was just stupid. Leave for a couple of days is one thing, a month or more, something else. Both jokes - his wife's romance & the divorce - was totally screwed & not funny.

Not completing the story & asking the readers their ideas, just wrong. If you write a story, complete the blasted thing. Your readers deserve nothing less. And this's the main reason for be grading this as I did & not at least 3 stars. Again, 2 stars -- Bob

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

Got to give it 5 stars, just a joke right? Perception is truth. It doesn't matter what the jokesters say because you don't joke about things like that. Jokes always are at the expense of someone. End of marriage. Wait a minute, it was just a joke.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 2 years ago

You should probably continue, otherwise your protagonist is stuck with a dog-shit friend and piss-poor marriage.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAalmost 2 years ago

Your call on the continued stroy telling. The ending suits me fine.

AA82ndAAAA82ndAAalmost 2 years ago

Just one more comment. The ruse is only crappy because his father cheated and left his mother. If he would have been in a different frame of mind, he probably would have stayed and said something...maybe something vile and derogatory but still something. I have been reading this tag for about a year. I have read other tags, however the comments of many readers on the tag are so myopic and angry I must think there's a great many readers out there that shouldn't read about these themes. They come across way to pathetic and angry to all be victims.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

> "Should I end it here or continue?"

Neither.

No joke.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It was just a joke? WTF kind of wife wants to loosen her husband a bit by telling him that she's having an affair with his best friend & wants to alternate between her husband & friend? That isn't a joke, it's hurtful. But at the end, Jeff tearing up the divorce saying it's HIS joke was pure bullshit. That "scene" seemed to be forced.

-- Lastly, the request to finish/ continue the story: well, yes! There's questions on what happened with Jeff's statement about Cynthia. While wanting the completion, that ending- beginning with the discussion in the lawyer's office - somewhat spoiled the good & moving story.

-- Between that & (to me) not finishing the story, I could only give it 3 stars at most. Bob

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Please end it here. There are enough bad joke stories here.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

So true to real life. There are some really sick practical jokers out there.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

With a fake name, no ID with the new name, and no pay stubs to prove income, how did Jeff rent an apartment?

The reconciliation ending was bad the first time I read this story and sounds even worse this time.

1 star for the reconciliation

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

She was obviously cheating.

Bad story with a terrible ending .

Two stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Is a second chapter in the works? This was a wonderful start and deserves a finish. 5 stars and most likely, 5 stars on the next chapter. Starting to read your other stories

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Absolutely terrible, Jerf just ran away like a little child who didn't get his way. She's better off without such a spineless coward.

NitpicNitpicalmost 2 years ago
Agree

Agree with anon 09/03/22.Also how can he teach someone Spanish,when he himself isn't fluent in it?.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story was a 4/5 at the start, but the end... bruh. The end turned the story into a waste of time.

NoSauce4uNoSauce4uover 1 year ago

Hmm, she definitely cheated. Nobody sane makes such a joke in such a manner. Jeff should have stayed away to start a new, fresh life. Coming back and turning the divorce into a joke, etc. didn't do anything good for the story, It degraded the protagonist's status as a victim of a cruel joke or betrayal by his marriage partner and best friend.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

OK, stop there: don't make it any worse.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Continue the story

0ldfart0ldfartover 1 year ago

My two cents' says this story would be best left here. Any further would just muddy the waters without adding anything worthwhile. It was a light read, any further would confuse the plot.

dikupinyadikupinyaover 1 year ago
continue...

but get rid of Ned

SteelPaperTSteelPaperTover 1 year ago

Can't wait for part two.5*

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 1 year ago

LMAO. What a "Joke".

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Yes, continue please!

Mfj

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

End it.

Phoenix2019Phoenix2019over 1 year ago

I would say continue but it’s been a while with no part 2. Such a pity.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

continue continue continue

goodshoes2goodshoes2over 1 year ago

No need to continue. I had a great laugh at the story, AND the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

turn about is fair play? whats good for the goose is good for the gander? i think that oftentimes jokes have an evil intent behind them reflecting either anger, hatred, jealousy or something else that hasnt been or wasnt visible but was seriously frustrating one of the pipple in the relationship.. rk

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story. Ned does not seem like a good friend when we the reader see how he keeps prodding Althea to let him stay with her or live together or even offer sex. Don't get the guys who drop the mic and exit the stage. Heck he didn't even drop the mic because his pain was so intense. I would have at least clocked Ned before leaving. Pretty clear the auxiliary wife bit was another "joke". Cynthia is young and has a full life ahead of her with college, etc. They also never consummated in the couple of months they became friends. Well written.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous