All Comments on 'It was Just a Joke'

by Skippy47

Sort by:
  • 236 Comments (Page 3)
RePhilRePhilabout 1 year ago

Dam i love reading your stories.

Burner70Burner70about 1 year ago

It's been a while since you wrote anything good. And this was not it

Alvares1414Alvares141412 months ago

*disappointed sigh*

Skippy used to be able to write a decent story

USED to...

AngelRiderAngelRider12 months ago

You are the epitome of inconsistency. You definitely have great work in you but the ratio is practically 5:1 or worse. It's not your content, it's the effort you make.

That story you wrote about the wife caught having sex with her friends followed by the husband going off to be a ranch hand? The husband's name was Missouri I think. That was excellent and it wasn't because the husband found a better wife. It was very realistic and I could see the world and characters you created.

Basically, I am asking you to put more time and thought into your work instead of trite nonsense like this. It's beneath you

AngelRiderAngelRider12 months ago

Oh fuck, I got thr wrong author. Lololol. Nevermind. I only realized it after the fact.

Flame away at me. Flame away.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

So much more that could have been developed but was not

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I'm amazed at the volume and the depth of negative reaction to this story among the commenters. I'm sure that Skip never intended to mislead us into believing that this was his tilt at a 'War And Peace' level epic, it was always obvious that it wasn't meant to be taken seriously and the hilarious twist at the end was pure comedy genius. It also served as a very succinct comment about one of the worst groups of people on this earth; practical jokers.

luverlybubblyluverlybubbly10 months ago

I want to see , if the wife accepts the new arrangement

TexarManTexarMan9 months ago

I would like to see you finish this. But I can't see Ned coming out to well in the end..

Drache111Drache1119 months ago

Good written Story. Please go on.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

If he realized that it was a joke, no one would stage a divorce which might only drive the two pranksters together and really screw things up. I enjoyed the story up to that point.

photogman18photogman188 months ago

Payback's a bitch....

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

YES CONTINUE PLEASE!! Great story.

I wonder if authors actually see these comments. If you do: Please please continue!

For some reason Im hoping Jeff gets both Althea and Cynthia

NoBullAlNoBullAl8 months ago

WTF ??? Started out to be a decent story and then……??????? If you can’t FINISH THE DAMN STORY don’t post it!!!

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Most excellent ending. Well written. Five stars

Just_WordsJust_Words7 months ago

Should have signed the papers.

DickSnugfitDickSnugfit6 months ago

It IS already, precisely and exactly, complete...

...just hold your knee, Jerk-reaction....

sip some tea slowly and,

allow it to sink! in and I'm sure you will, agree?

8888888

Think on't!

>>>

Richard.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

definitely.....continue!

RePhilRePhil5 months ago

Not enough left

On the table

For another meal

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The Epilogue took it from give stars to four. Sorry. Guess I can't take a joke.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Went from a ok story to pissweak ending

Sorry just a 2 star

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Ooof... I really liked this one... right up to the end. Would have been OK had he called the divorce off but to sink to their level and then possibly past it... nah took away a lot of Jeff's integrity there.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Last sentence really made the story altho it was kind of rough on cynthia, no?. rk

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

I agree with a previous commenter. Practical Jokes are the absolute worst thing that can be done in ANY relationship.

WHY?

They destroy the very basis of the relationship.…TRUST. Trust can never be regained once it has been lost in this manner.

Regarding the story:

Well written and absorbing up until the end.

Yes, Jeff sufferes with a serious lack of self confidence. His reaction was wrong, but very understandable.

The lack of ending was purposeful, with no intent on chapter 2, thus, in my view, reader provocative. As a reader, I don’t appreciate being manipulated, and I strongly feel this was the authors intent.

Regarding a continuation, I say no. Only a rewrite of the ending would work.

Instead of leaving it hanging, having Jeff send a new, and real, notification of divorce a week later, This would teach a lesson emphasizing the nastiness of practical jokes, and express Jeff’s emotional growth and understanding in his new life. There is no way he could go back to his destroyed marriage and friendship. No further storyline would work.

2 stars for the bad ending and smug authorship.

Merlin

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Oh how the turntables...

Epilogue: Jeff only lived 5 more years after that due to the stress of dealing with two wives constantly. Sure the sex and constant threesomes were great, but all the extra nagging, derisive looks and comments, and all that other wifely good stuff took their toll. Was it worth it? Probably.

On a serious note, don't up and leave like this. Always get the facts and keep the communications open. It's just plain stupid to go incognito like that.

OOAAOOAA4 months ago

Please, go on with part 2...

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Most excellent and don't ruin it by "finishing" it. Five stars as written.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Fucking stupid.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Continue! I love it. I hope he gets both girls. I like them both. Althea was just gullible and misled by Ned

Kernow2023Kernow20232 months ago

very good but needs a follow up

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Write another. This one has a nice ending.

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

Keep Althea as the secondary wife. Bitch had her chance as main wife; she failed. Maybe she can do better in a supporting role after that ordeal. Also, keep Ned the fuck away. It's clear he wants into Althea's pants and pushed for this ridiculous scenario in the hopes of getting her.

AnonymousAnonymous19 days ago

end it here.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous