It was The Ladies' Idea

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Maybe I shouldn't have said that. As much as I love Tami and value her friendship, she's always been an apologist for Stan. When we discussed the possibility of doing this, she was confident that she'd get him to be more daring and fun."

"What if she doesn't?" I asked. "What if she's disappointed? What if she calls the whole thing off after this weekend?"

"I doubt it. She feels deprived of carnal experiences other than you. Just the change of pace will appeal to her...and to be honest with you, Stan is considerably longer than you. She practically drooled over that."

"I had a college professor that I did when I was a freshman. He was quite well-hung as well. Tonight? I loved that thickness inside of me. I hadn't come so much in my life."

I wasn't convinced that Tami would be happy with Stan, despite Sarah's confidence with it. I wasn't going to let it ruin my time, though.

"What say I put a lasagna in the oven, and we go skinny dipping in the pool?"

"Quick shower and hell yeah, let's stay naked as much as we can this weekend! I bet I could almost live in that pool."

Our 24 hours went so quickly that it seemed like only a few hours. We made love two more times. Yes, I went down on her and had her come multiple times. She actually had tears of joy after the final lovemaking session on Sunday morning.

"We HAVE to do this again," she said emphatically. "I love you, Trent. It's scary. I'm not sorry we did this, but I'm now fighting feelings I didn't expect. I'm in no hurry to go home."

Uh oh! It wasn't just what she said, but it was like my feelings for her. I was convinced that Tami and I were more compatible that Sarah and Stan were, but Sarah's personality and quirkiness came out during our lovemaking. The first time was pure lust, but the next two sessions were two people sharing every part of their being with each other.

Our conversations went very deep. We shared secrets. I shared with her that I had wanted to see her naked body for many years. I shared that I had fantasized about her while making love to Tami.

Our deep, hidden secrets were similar. I was finally able to enjoy just the second woman I'd ever had sex with. For 26 years, it was only Tami.

Sarah was just different. I was worried. What if Tami felt the same about Stan? What if her experience was a disaster? How would I ever be able to hide my feelings for Sarah in the future. The Pandora's box had been opened. I couldn't see us going back to what we had before the weekend.

We never got dressed again until it was time for Stan and Tami to come back to my home.

They arrived about 5 minutes early. Tami seemed happy to see me and Stan seemed happy to see Sarah. I noticed that Sarah didn't share in that sentiment. She wasn't cold or rude, just slightly indifferent.

"How did it go?" I asked Tami.

"Not bad. Rough at first, but it all worked out."

Rough at first? I didn't want to know the intimate details, but I was curious to know why it was a rough beginning. I decided to ask her later after Sarah and Stan left.

"How about you and Sarah?"

I wasn't going to lie to her.

"Absolutely awesome. Our friendship was pumped up to a much higher level. We've been completely naked for the past 24 hours. We just got dressed less than 15 minutes ago."

"That's good...I guess." Tami tried to sound happy for me, but I knew her too well. Maybe I sounded too happy.

"We can talk later," she told me in a whisper.

This was an awkward moment for all of us. We had crossed a line that few ever cross. Seeing Tami, knowing that she'd been with Stan in the same intimate way I had enjoyed Sarah, was a surreal experience.

Oddly, during the past 24 hours with Sarah, I hadn't thought much about Tami...at least now what she was doing with Stan. I still didn't like the idea, but I knew that was the price to pay so that I could enjoy Sarah sexually.

Most of our conversation between the four of us dealt with the awkwardness of the situation. Based on our conversations, I sensed that Stan was happier with the arrangement than Tami was. There was no doubt about Sarah and I. We were ready to do it again...and soon. That wasn't a secret to the others.

While alone later in the evening, Tami opened up about her experience with Stan.

"He surprised me. He couldn't wait to get me undressed. He spent a lot of time staring at my nakedness. He ran his hands all over every square inch of my body. He loved the firmness of my breasts. He even made a snide remark about the "flab" on Sarah's breasts."

"I stopped him after he said that. It's not a competition. I've seen Sarah naked hundreds of times and she's very sexy. I made it known that I didn't appreciate him hurling insults at his wife and my best friend."

"That killed the mood for a while. I could see the tent in his short pants but didn't care. What's strange was that I remained naked. I made no effort to cover up. Let him see what he's missing. Make him come back with a different attitude."

"He did. I tell you what, that guy can talk up a blue streak when he gets going. He shared a few problems they had experienced in the bedroom. It was nothing more complicated than Sarah didn't talk much during love making. She's much more animated and fun."

"I'm not sure what to do in the future. A part of me doesn't want to do this again. Another part wants to keep working on him. He is good in bed... that is, he is very giving and concerned about my pleasure, but he is so robotic. I enjoy the passion you bring to the bedroom."

"We'll always be good friends, but...well...I'm not sure about sexually. Doubt it."

I began to sympathize with Tami. At the same time, I was selfishly concerned about having Sarah again. Our time together was much better, and Tami knew we were anxious to do it again. That only frustrated her more.

"Trent, I know you two had a great time, but it's probably not a good idea to continue. We tried. It didn't work."

My heart sank. I wasn't ready to give up what Sarah and I were doing.

"Well, maybe just Sarah and I can continue. It didn't work for you and Stan. I really am sorry about that, but we've started something that will be very difficult to stop."

Tami looked at me sternly. "Either we all do, or we all don't. No middle ground."

I became angry. I reminded her that she was the one that wouldn't drop the swinging idea to begin with. My initial reaction was negative. She could have stopped right there, but all three of them were mobilized to convince me to try it.

What happened? Tami decided that she liked Stan more as a friend than a lover. I realized that I needed Sarah for both. I wasn't giving up so easily.

"You and Stan need to work on your issues. I'm not going to sneak around on you with Sarah. I'm simply saying that if we want to do it again, we will. You and Stan will know about it. I'm sorry, Tami, I wasn't the one that started this."

"You're kidding?" she asked, surprised that I'd make such a defiant proclamation. "You'd go fuck Sarah even after I said not to?"

"No, I wouldn't just go fuck Sarah, I'd go make love to her. Treat her like a lady just like I treat you. I can't speak for Sarah, but I'm not ready to give her up. If she decides to stop it, then I'll have no choice."

Tami was hot under the collar by now.

"Well, if I tell her it's over and she still fucks you, then our friendship is down the toilet. I don't think she'd do that to me, though."

"I have a better idea," I shot back at her. "Rather than trying to sabotage Sarah and I, how about giving Stan another chance? How about working on making your time together better?"

Tami didn't sound enthused.

"Why, have me spend time just talking to him while you two are screwing like rabbits?"

"Tami, you wanted this. You were anxious to have him in bed. Maybe...just maybe...Stan might listen to you more than he does Sarah. Maybe sex is the weapon to get him to change some of his stoic ways. Have you ever considered that?"

At that point, I realized that I was trying to help my wife improve her sex life with another man. I had gone from resenting them even doing it, to encouraging her to continue and improve.

My selfish desire to hold onto Sarah was stronger than my selfish desire to keep Tami to myself.

"Maybe. Maybe you're right. It just wasn't what I expected, that's all. Then to listen to you bragging about what a great time you and Sarah had...well...it hurts."

The husband in me returned to form.

"Honey, haven't we had some wonderful times together, in and out of the bedroom?"

"Yes, of course," she agreed.

"Why is that, do you suppose? Is it by chance, or because we put out the effort?"

"It's because we love each other, Trent. We care enough to try."

Tami finally realized my point. Did she care enough about Stan to try?

"Tami, Sarah shared with me that Stan almost never goes down on her. I bet you could get him to do it much more often. He loves being with you. He loves your company. I'd even say that he loves you much more than a friend. Take advantage of that. Use that to bend his will. It will take work, I know that, but you're better at manipulating him than Sarah is. He seems to tune her out."

Tami knew I was right about that. Sarah had complained to Tami in the past about the same problem. Maybe Stan had become too complacent in his relationship?

"Either way, you and Sarah won't be doing a damn thing together unless Stan and I do. We either do a complete swap, or none at all."

I didn't say a word, but she wasn't going to tell me what to do. Only Sarah could put a stop to our sex life, and I seriously doubted she wanted to do that.

Rather than argue about it, I let the conversation die. We fell asleep and got up the next morning; ready for another ordinary work week...well, at least the work was ordinary. The evenings were different.

I got a text while teaching on Monday afternoon. It was from Sarah.

...call me when you get a chance...important...

I had an 8 minute break after my class and called her. She had a class going but was able to talk briefly.

"Heads up, Trent. Tami is very pissed right now. Mostly at me. We've had our moments before, but this is by far the worst."

"What the hell happened?" I asked. I assumed it had something to do with the swap. I was correct in that assumption.

Tami had told Sarah that the swapping part was over. Sarah disagreed. Tami forbade her to be around me again. Sarah defended me and our friendship. Sarah told her that we would still continue as planned.

Tami let out a stream of unsavory names directed at Sarah. Sarah told me that if they were somewhere other than their work place, she probably would have slugged her. Those words hurt a lot.

I could hear the hurt in her voice. I could her voice breaking. I promised to deal with it when I got home. I knew I probably wouldn't have a choice, anyhow.

I was correct again. I got home about 5 minutes after Tami. Depending on the day and the traffic, we would get home one right before the other; sometimes almost simultaneously.

"Just letting you know, Trent, you and Sarah are history. Period. No more discussion. I don't want you around that bitch ever again."

I had learned how to deal with Tami when she was this angry. It didn't happen often, but I knew arguing with her would be big mistake.

"Are you sure, Tami?" I asked calmly. "You two have been such close friends for so many years. What did she say or do to get you so riled? Maybe I can talk to her?"

Of course, I didn't tell her that I had already talked to Sarah, but I assumed that she expected her to.

"But what could she have said, or even done, to cause such a reaction? Tami, your VERY best friend."

"Well, best friends don't threaten to take your husband away from you?"

"Huh?" That didn't sound right to me. "She told you that I was leaving you?"

"No, she just said that you two would keep seeing each other, no matter how much I objected. Kind of like you said last night. I just didn't think she'd agree."

I understood her anger...to some degree. There was more to it than just what was on the surface. I knew her too well.

"Why wouldn't you want to do this again with Stan. Overall, you seemed to indicate that you two had a nice evening...after a minor spat early on. Why not do it again?"

"I like Stan, I do. He wants to do it again as well. Other than having sex at the beginning, the rest of the time was just the same old routine with us. No more love making. Not even snuggling on his couch to watch a movie."

I tried reading between the lines. Sarah and I had a wonderful time. Naked the entire time. Sex 3 times. Naked swimming. Sitting on the couch cuddling. We also spent time...a lot of time...just in conversation. Even the conversation was very intimate. What Tami didn't understand was that Sarah wanted her time with Stan to be productive.

Sarah always believed that Tami had the ability to get more out of Stan; socially that is. I shared this information with Tami. To her credit, she thought about it. I could almost see the wheels in her head turning.

"Why didn't Sarah just tell ME that?" Tami argued.

"I can't answer for Sarah as why she didn't discuss that with you before the swap, but I'm sure the minute you strictly forbade her to be around me, that probably killed any further rational discussion. Right or wrong, she got defensive."

At that point I realized that I had done essentially the same thing. I had put Tami on the defensive by openly defying her rather than discussing the issue in more detail. Still, I was still focused on repairing the friendship of my two closest female friends.

"You love her so dearly, Tami. You are both hurt. Nobody wants to steal anyone's partner, but Tami, this is the very thing that I was so worried about happening if we did this."

"You see, as much as I've loved Sarah over the years, I've always drawn a line when it comes to physical contact with her. Much the same way I do with Carol at the bowling alley."

"Even when she jumps up and down and we see her braless tits going with the motion, I still realize that it's all look, no touch...except a harmless hug when we greet."

"Once I had the pleasure of getting to know Sarah in a different way, I honestly can't see how I can go to just being a friend in a non-physical relationship."

By this time, Tami had calmed down considerably. NOW, she was being analytical about the situation, not just emotional.

She wondered out loud what Sarah had in mind.

"Why not call her?" I suggested.

"She probably wouldn't answer it, knowing it's me."

"What if I called on my phone? Let her know you're willing to talk Then, you can either use my phone or call her on yours."

Okay. Just give me a few minutes first. I need to collect my thoughts.

"Tami, I love you dearly. I know how much you love your friend. Those kinds of friendships don't grow on trees. It's been a growing and nurturing friendship almost from the beginning."

"Pregnancies, families, vacations, graduations, being there for each other during difficult times. Deaths in our families, car accidents, her quadriplegic niece, Belle, that loves you dearly. Please don't throw that away."

Tami began crying. She's a strong woman. Tears don't come to her often, but she had a constant stream coming down her face. She was unable to talk clearly for several minutes.

Finally, she was able to construct a sentence.

"Trent, it's not just Sarah I love. I love Stan. Maybe not like I love you, but maybe I need to be a little firmer with him. I want him to be a little more like you and Sarah. He'll never be the class clown, I know that. I never was either. I just want him to learn how to have fun. Be spontaneous. Let his hair down. I know that has frustrated the hell out of Sarah."

I kissed her forehead. "Tami, sweetie, that's exactly what she's wanting. Do you realize that she has to swallow a whole lot of pride to admit that maybe you can do something for her husband that she can't?"

"Maybe she should have been clearer about her intentions. Let her know that. But what you told her earlier hurt a lot. This is a very difficult thing to do. That is, when you share your spouse with another person. Hence, my hesitance from the beginning."

"I don't want to rub it in, because I'm glad we finally did it. I was wrong. Still, we need...especially now...to get rid of our insecurities. I don't care how many times you and Stan are together, you are mine. Period. Not his."

"I love you enough, though, to want you to have as much fun as possible when you're together."

Tami gave me a big hug. "It's funny you mention insecurities," she said while her arms were still completely around me. "It really pissed me off that we only had sex once when you two did it 3 times."

To be fair, I'm still quite capable of doing at least once a day, sometimes twice. I have always had a high sex drive and have never needed any pharmaceutical assistance with getting my cock ready for sex.

Tami understood that. I did learn from talking to Sarah, that Stan could go on a streak of several days in a row, then abstain for up to a week before doing it again. He was quite capable physically to perform frequently, but often his mind would be too focused on something else to care about getting an erection.

Sexually speaking, Sarah and I were more compatible. She still has that strong desire for sex and intimacy. It would be important for Tami to put aside her pride and accept that.

I did apologize to her for being so dismissive of her feelings the day prior. Although I meant what I said, it was the wrong time to say it. I felt a bit of culpability on my part as well.

I called Sarah. She hesitated when I told her that Tami wanted to talk to her. I assured her that it would be a pleasant conversation. Thankfully, Sarah trusted me.

I was able to hear the beginning of the conversation on Tami's end. She immediately apologized for things she said. It sounded like Sarah apologized as well, based on the feedback Tami was given.

There was a lot of polite talk and reminiscing for several minutes and then Tami took my phone to the bedroom and shut the door. I knew it was time for me to butt out...at least for now.

If nothing else, I was confident that their friendship would endure. I also considered the possibility that my one night with Sarah might have been my last one.

I had accepted that whatever the ladies agreed to, I'd accept it...although I still had no desire to watch or be watched. That would be my only condition.

Rather than waiting impatiently for them to stop talking, I stripped down and went for a comfortable dip in the pool. Swimming a few laps was always a great way to relieve stress.

When Tami came outside to find me, she still had my phone. However, she had the speaker on. Sarah asked what I was doing.

"What else? He's bare-assed naked and in the pool. Sounds like you two enjoyed it as well."

This time, she was smiling about it. I heard Sarah tell Tami jokingly that she was on her way to join me. I assumed she was joking.

"No, I'd love to but like I told you, Stan and I are going to enjoy the rest of our evening. We'll get together soon. Hey Trent, have fun. Love you babe!"

Wow! Whatever those ladies worked out it must have worked out well. "Love you, too!" I shouted back so she could hear me.

They ended their conversation and Tami immediately undressed and joined me in the pool.

"Everything's fine. I may love that gal more now than ever."

I wasn't sure what to say. I was just happy that it went so well.

"So, obviously it went well. How well?"

"Wouldn't you like to know?" she said teasingly while cupping my balls in her hand.

"Seriously, though, we'll be fine with what we're doing. We spent most of our time talking about Stan. Like you said, she wants my help. I am a little concerned because I think Stan's feelings for me are even stronger than yours towards Sarah."