All Comments on 'It's a Dirty Job'

by Just_Words

Sort by:
  • 126 Comments
shopratshoprat10 months ago

A good story but I don't think you live with a septic tank. The bodies would be discovered the first time the tank was pumped - when our own tank was pumped they rinsed it out completely with a hose after they sucked it out. Other than that a great story! You had my hatred for the wife and lover developed to the point that I almost wished he'd dumped them in there while conscious (but just almost, what a horrible thing that would be). If the MC just had a year to live or something like that and was just willing to have the bodies eventually be discovered by the next owners after he was dead, putting them in the septic might work, but otherwise not likely.

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfox10 months ago

I concur with shoprat 100% about the cleaning. I have a septic system and the cleaners slurp up every last drop of "stuff" and even rinse it out with water. But still I LOVED IT!!

It would take quite the man to hang in there for the kiddos. Thanks once again J_W for a great read.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy10 months ago

Can say I blame him!

5

Daggy1965Daggy196510 months ago

Nice ending, but if I were to do that I'd want her lover to know who was doing it. and what. Particularly after that stuff when he came in. Personally I would have snapped in the living room.

francemanfranceman10 months ago

You warned us and you were right.

This was really dark, too dark, and it's hard to like a story like this even if it's well written.

That reminds me of something: an author's obsession with a story that's out of bounds or out of his field, that obsession that hinders and blocks the creative mind...... and leads to the obligation to write it down in order to get it out of his system (according to some authors' introductions to certain stories) ........... It sounds very much like a cliché or an LW reference for getting rid of a sexual obsession, although in these two cases the consequences and repercussions are totally different and disproportionate.

Diecast1Diecast110 months ago

Nice story. I like it. AAAA++++

HargaHarga10 months ago

Good story, brutal but good. One problem is lack of blood from the head wounds. Scalp woulds bleed like a bitch. I was hit the head at a little league game and bled all the way to the hospital. There would have been blood splatter everywhere. It would take a world class forensics team to clean up that mess. Also cops don't just take a scorned husband's word about a runaway wife. Just saying.

ibuguseribuguser10 months ago

I usually don't read, or give 1* if I do, dark violent stories but you forewarned and explained and it was well written so it is a 5*.

johntcookseyjohntcooksey10 months ago

That was fun. Pure Saturday afternoon grindhouse double feature fare a la Tarantino. Thanks for the Sunday morning chuckle.

swfb70swfb7010 months ago

I have watched my septic tank be pumped and they would have seen the bones - in addition most septic tanks only need to be pumped about once every 5 years

Just_WordsJust_Words10 months agoAuthor

So the consensus seems to be that you should not kill your spouse and lover and then dispose of them in the septic tank. I can agree with that! The last thing that I would want to do is write a credible blueprint for murder if one even exists. I hope that everyone found something lighter to cleanse their mental palate after reading this.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

he deserved the bitch slap for staying quiet, and she deserved to have a throat slit. 5* for everyone getting theirs

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The husband could actually get away with this. They now have products that can eliminate the need to pump the waste from your septic system or at least minimize the frequency of doing that task. These products contain some type of bacteria that thrives on urine and feces and if you use the right type of toilet paper, they can dissolve that as well. Assuming you can get a body into the septic tank, you would not have to ever pump the tank. A few good rainstorms and waterings of your lawn would wash all the blood evidence away. Unless they executed a search warrant within a couple weeks of the killings, I think there is a great chance he would get away with it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Waste water plants often discover items worth noting. Acid pits. who knows? Just don't bitch slap the wrong person!

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle10 months ago

He deprived his children of their mother and their father.

By using plastic sheets, he elevated this to murder in the first: a death sentence either as a punishment or the conclusion of a life in jail.

He is not a hero, or a good man. He is, and always was a murderer which is why his wife cheated on him: he’s a sociopath. Capable of murder most foul and not even a shred of guilt.

I hope he gets the electric chair.

TwentysevenTwentyseven10 months ago

Out of place. This sort of nonsense belongs in a cartoon.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker10 months ago

Loved it. no problem with the result. But why did she change? And he never used the plastic sheets. The Bear approves. 5 stars. Thanks.

The bEAR

Rocky62Rocky6210 months ago

Issues with the disposal plan as another has said, u can see the whole tank bottom when cleaned…. But ill go 4 stars for the overall theme of terminating these two callous assholes, bravo

Tiger27Tiger2710 months ago

If you are going to write a similar story in the future, may I suggest including a wood chipper and a hog pen.

Great story!

imhaplessimhapless10 months ago

This is so sick; so why did I give it a 5? (ha,ha)

PorterrhPorterrh10 months ago

12 year old pre pubescent men would like this I assume ….

SkubabillSkubabill10 months ago

In my experience septic does not work that way. Still, a fun and interesting way to get rid of the bodies.

goodshoes2goodshoes210 months ago

I treated this story as a comedy. Had to laugh. Am I a sick-o? No. It was so outrageous that it was not real, but rather a comedy. A sick comedy, but a comedy nonetheless.

afanoffanlitafanoffanlit10 months ago

Funny stuff…thanks.

MightyheartMightyheart10 months ago

Loved it.

One final conversation with the wife was needed though.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Where are the tags ? It's no right, to hide them to the readers.

WargamerWargamer10 months ago

Now that’s a BTB!!!!!

Scores 5/5

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

5 stars

FireFox59FireFox5910 months ago

Dark indeed but everyone has a breaking point. David was finally pushed past his with the end result.

PierremanvisPierremanvis10 months ago

had to laugh ..... hey it is fiction. Many thanks

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Why cut their throats? Leaves a mess around the tank opening.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I would have added some mental and physical pain before the killing. Otherwise great.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I loved your original story. Good riddance of the trash.

Ed

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal196910 months ago

This should be in the non-erotic category

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Your only big mistake was giving all her things away so quickly. The police would want to search the house since the spouse is always suspect # 1. An innocent man, even in a bad marriage would not immediately throw all her belongings away. Otherwise, I would have liked them to see what was coming and not be out cold.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Got what they deserved

kirei8kirei810 months ago

I didn't give it a low score for the "violence" (I really liked that part) but for his wimpiness and cuckoldry for the years prior to the long overdue act.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Okay it was enjoyable, {it was the Horror House Warning} The writing is what gives it a top score.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Why slit their throats? Just dump them in.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Why not just divorce?.. he was the main and only caregiver for the children. The judge would've asked the kids who they wanted to live with. They would've asked the children who took care of them.. it's insane to me he thought his only option was to kill her and her lover.. once she brought her lover home, he should've called the cops and had her and him removed.. she stopped being a mother a long time ago. She stopped giving a fuck about him and their kids. She wasn't worth murdering. Maybe it's cause I'm a woman.. nobody is worth jail time for except my kids.. them I would kill for. What year was this set in? Couldn't be 2023. Mother's nowadays don't have more rights than father's nowadays. The judge doesn't just hand over custody to a mother just because she's a mother. She actually have to have an active role in their lives. The fact that the kids loved when she was gone, spoke volumes.. I'm a little perturbed why he allowed his children to be around this vile woman for so long? Kids shouldn't be walking around eggshells and petrified of coming out of their rooms until he gets home.. that's so sad.. I would've removed my children's source of discomfort expeditiously.. she was a horrific mother and a shitty wife. He should've taken steps to secure custody of his kids.. like contacting CPS. They would've asked the children questions, they would've monitored the children. Hell he could've put cameras up to record her vile behavior.. she just wasn't worth killing.. there's no statute of limitations on murder. You can be 90yrso and still go to jail when their bodies are finally found.. I definitely wouldn't want some tramps murder on my heart.. just get rid of the slut and be happy. I don't like stories that ends like this.. death is way too easy for scum like this "wife".. a life with her children hating her is a worst punishment than death

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago
1

If your gonna right something dark, atleast make the traitors suffer some pain. Death was too quick.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A hard BTB tale about a sheep that suddenly becomes an enraged an dangerous wolf. This tale should remind that some things are not as they appear to be, expecially when referring to the human nature: the good and the evil always coexist in every human being. So, beware of those submissive wimp husbands, painted in almost all the new LW tales, you never know what's hiding under their skin. A really extreme and unrealistic, but possible, short tale, but certainly better than those countless fetish-cuck fantasies.

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith10 months ago

Got to be ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️!

Frank66Frank669 months ago

Think I mentioned once that I 'enjoyed the slices of real life' found in JW's stories. What was I thinking?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I wouldn't have slit their throats, let them wake up in the muck and have a slow miserable death.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

We are a sick bunch lol 5*****

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Loved it, the whiskey would have been enough for me, I would have just taken them both down then and below is right a last discussion was needed.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Very cathartic, to be sure. I expected that he'd take a day the kids were out to retrieve and dispose of the bodies elsewhere, but that's just me having watched too many true crime shows, I suppose. And yes, when the septic is pumped, the tank bottom is fully visible. Oh, and I'm pretty sure a man like that, that methodical, would have poured some hydrogen peroxide around the lid to the tank, etc, along with the bat. It works for bloodstains on fabric the same way, breaks down the proteins by oxidizing. What? You've never pondered "how to commit a perfect murder?" before? Bah. I'd call it justifiable homicide, in any case. And I'm pretty sure she did it because she decided he was just like her father. Learned otherwise too late, eh? Bad idea in real life, also generally wrong, but still, good riddance to bad rubbish.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

really not into the killing part of the BTB. But this was probably one of your better stories. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I thought it was great! The warning pretty much negated any objections and the rest was funny as hell!

Wackdoodle, you’re an idiot!!!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

How dumb does he have to be to give all of her clothing away the next day? You have to keep the stuff to keep up the pretense that she ran off or something happened during her tryst. Th e police don’t know how much stuff she has. They don’t even know how many suitcases she has to see if she took those. But you give all or most of her stuff away and they will nail you

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The whore and her master got their just due. Too bad they didn't catch a glimpse of him doing it...

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

SHIT TURNS TO SHIT! Excuse my French!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

They got to be where they belong....

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This is a fun fantasy. I am a very pro revenge reader and you made the victims such unlikable characters that it made their demise something to cheer about.

Wandering_MongolWandering_Mongol9 months ago

Hah! Thank you!

-

Be well!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

No need to apologize for violence in a story. Its just a pert of a story. People need to stop trying to appease the snowflakes....lol. also how small is that septic tank. We pump ours after 10 years, and it's never near full, with 3 people living here. Loved the story. 5* thanx!

Loklie

inka2222inka22229 months ago

Amen. No need to apologize. Both asswipes got exactly what they deserved. I appreciate that you're a considerate human being and trying to be decent, but the people you're trying to be decent to, don't have the capacity appreciate it anyway. Anyway, an amazingly dark BTB, although in this case it is technically a CTB or STB? Easy 5 stars. My only complaint is that HE doesn't have personal happiness in the end (yes, he has kids, which is super important, but he needs a good woman as well. Maybe an epilogue? A karmically ironic twist would be meeting a felon woman released from jail after serving time for killing a cheating and abusive husband.)

LordGeoffreyLordGeoffrey9 months ago

I also loved it! 5*s.

InfosaugerInfosauger9 months ago

I don't really like brutality, but I can accept it. However, I would have preferred her gagged conscious when he dropped her into the tank.

MattblackUKMattblackUK9 months ago

Sadly the corpse/s in the septic tank is not a rare event. https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/man-guilty-murder-wife-body-septic-tank/#:~:text=Leading%20Britain's%20Conversation.-,Man%2C%2089%2C%20guilty%20of%20murder%20after%20wife's%20body%20found%20in,septic%20tank%20years%20after%20disappearance&text=Retired%20pig%20farmer%20David%20Venables,37%20years%20after%20she%20disappeared.

kencorokencoro9 months ago

Whackdoodle is insane

Moonbat74Moonbat749 months ago

Loved it,and the fitting way they were disposed of. How satisfying would the use of the toilet be!

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShades9 months ago

Enjoyed the story, a good ending. Thanks for your writing.

oldpantythiefoldpantythief9 months ago

Not bad for a spur of the moment double murder. Like others have said, this is a bit dark, but what the hell, got what they deserved, and then some. Not often we read something like this, except in the news, lol. Loved it.

ReedRichardsReedRichards9 months ago

I had an idea for using a septic tank for such waste disposal, but my idea was to use one in an abandoned property in Appalachia. Unfortunately, I never wrote the story.

.

I had my 1500 gallon septic tank pumped out after three years, and it was only half full. More, the lid wasn't removed and no one went in, but a simple suction hose dropped through the opening designed for it. Perhaps some services do go in, but I've never heard of it being done. Actually, I don't know where the lid is, as there's no disturbed soil anywhere close to where the tank is buried.

.

Be sure to use Rid-X frequently, to help break down the bodies. If you don't have Rid-X, throw a few packets of baker's yeast in the toilet, and flush those in.

.

I liked the story, even with a couple of plot holes.

JayZipJayZip9 months ago

The only thing that would have made it better is if she had woken up to watch her boyfriend go in the tank, and then begged for it not to happen to her. (In vain, of course.)

I guess I'm as awful as you are. :-)

Good story.

JayZipJayZip9 months ago

@ReedRichards –

What does the baker's yeast do?

69gman69gman9 months ago

Wow J_W, that certainly was not your usual story. I found the story very interesting from a psychological point of view and liked the de-humanizing technique of not giving the wife a name (very slick).

If anyone was a psychopath, it had to be the narcissistic wife add in a touch of schadenfreude and you created a person easy to hate. Are you sure the whole story wasn’t another nightmare? Anyway all five stars turned golden and I’m glad you exorcised that demon.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This seems a a similar story that I read some time ago...Well the bodies in the tank anyway. Still enjoyable.... poooo...

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

That story is sure to trigger Nixrox (that dipshit will read it and complain about it even though you warned that there was violence) and the rest of the pussy beta males.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Whackdoodle, lighten up you stupid pussy.

GardenshedGardenshed9 months ago

Good story, well written. Wife got what she deserved and then some…… Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Good story. Not enough consequences for the wife for me. But it is what it is.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

“Why not just divorce?.. he was the main and only caregiver for the children. The judge would've asked the kids who they wanted to live with. They would've asked the children who took care of them..“

Sure that might work… until she falsely accuses him of abusing her. This “wife” was perfectly fine with bringing her lover into his home and drinking his scotch. I’m sure she would have been fine with fake accusations.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Dead is dead no matter how!

muskyboymuskyboy9 months ago

Hahaha, good one! 5/5

26thNC26thNC9 months ago

Great story, but with the disrespect and contempt from both , and especially the slap, I would have ensured that both went into the septic alive and conscious. This story is a little darker tone from your usual, and I like it.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The BTB fetishists are jizzing all over themselves over this one. Their little weenies will be raw after they read this one for the 600th time.

It was well written

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Me, myself and I loved this. Five flushing, thumbs up.

Captcha

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

The best place for the bodies is to put them...hold on. Maybe I shouldn't say, I don't want to give anyone any ideas.

Anyways...it would have made a much stronger impact and sent a hard message if the two cheaters regained consciousness. Then David could have explained exactly what they were about to experience. Getting dropped into a smelly septic tank with your hands zip tied and a gag would cause some puckering. Hearing the lid closed over you would be the closest thing to dying, before you actually did.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Don't know anybody that pumps out their septic tank every year. Maybe every 15 or 20 years, that sounds more like normal. Putting their bodies in a septic tank is a bad idea though, because the bones will for sure be found, sooner or later. Still a good story. 5 stars. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Well i guess she got what she deserved.

secretsalsecretsal9 months ago

@anon:

"Good story. Not enough consequences for the wife for me. But it is what it is."

Damn dude. If murdering her and dumping her body in a septic tank isn't enough 'consequence', I'm not sure what would suffice. Maybe not enough cognizance of the chickens coming home to roost, but the consequences themselves seemed pretty extreme to me.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

It was OK.

Just_WordsJust_Words9 months agoAuthor

@secretsal - I was thinking the same thing. After writing the darkest thing I've ever contemplated writing, that comment sent a shiver up my spine. More? It was way too much already.

t8ntliklyt8ntlikly9 months ago

thoroughly enjoyable story until the slitting of their throats. Didn't see the need for that. Still 5 stars

slowhand21slowhand219 months ago

Would have waited for the wife to awaken so she could enjoy her last moments.

KRD19254KRD192549 months ago

Not bad butttt. I'd never cut their throats, just let them wake up and tread muck, if they can. Over 5yrs I suspect their bones would have rotted away and been sucked up by the Honey-truck. But the knife would remain but with no evidence of last use.

\

I agree with NOT getting rid of her belongings. I'd only dump her stuff after the cops stated she likely ran away with her latest paramour. Eliminate any/all potential suspicions.

\

How did he clean the bat? The shovel he burned and landfill but the bat ??? The sheets? Their clothes?

\

She had no family, to miss her?

\

5***** Hooyah, Salutes....

stillaonewomanmstillaonewomanm9 months ago

I am still laughing. Death wasn't high enough price for cheating, huh? secretsal

dys_xelicdys_xelic9 months ago

@JayZip - it increases fermentation. Helps a lot when the tank isn't working perfectly and smells start making their way into the house.

I only had to pump my tank once, a few months after we bought our house. Seems like the previous owners liked to throw their wet wipes into the toilet... But our septic tanks seem to work as a "bumper" between the houses and the main sewage system, fermenting and destroying the sewage and only passing it along when fluid enough. It is quite rare to see one being pumped.

ReedRichardsReedRichards9 months ago

JayZip: the baker's yeast works similarly to Rid-X, to promote bacteria to decompose the material in the septic tank.

LWLover60LWLover609 months ago

I never enjoyed a shitty ending so much!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Haven had to have my septic tank pumped in over 25years.

sf_operative63sf_operative639 months ago

Straight and to the point. No pun intended.

DOL

Floyd1039Floyd10399 months ago

My parents neighbors were arrested 20 years after they disposed of their spouse in another state . They used the septic tank of his house.

RanDog025RanDog0259 months ago

Excellent! Hahahaha! Lord knows I thought a few times along this line with my Ex. I had found out that she'd humiliated herself so much that she already had plans to move to another country and she did, so Good Riddance! My daughter was 4 days shy of 8 months old so I raised her on my own. It happens more than you realize. Still, I liked the story and scored it at 5 BIG ASS FUCKING HUGE FLAMING NOVA STARS!

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Not THAT violent. You’re forgiven.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Bound, gagged and fully conscious would have been the best way to introduce the assholes to thier new permanent residence. Maybe just before pushing them in, one last crack of the bat to the head.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJust_Words@Just_Words
I suppose I write for many of the same reasons that others do. First, I am exorcising my demons. I use writing to explore my thoughts and emotions, sometimes embracing, and perhaps ridding myself of, my darker thoughts and sometimes finding happier themes to celebrate. It s...