It's All Up in the Air Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Of what?"

"I'll find something that I have more than one of," he said, the corners of his mouth quirking but I had to laugh.

His silvers sparkled in the sexy dining room lighting. The candles flickered in his steel-blue eyes and I was lost.

Valet held the door of the low-slung sports car and we whizzed off into the night. I leaned my head back and watched the stars. Brett took the car through its paces, but he focused on the road and I never felt nervous. We pulled up in front of black foreboding gates that slowly opened and then flew up the winding driveway to the front door.

He came around and opened my door and I sat there. "Are you coming in to see my valuable collection?" he said laughing.

"Is this your house?" I sat staring at the very large home.

"No. It's my Mom and Dad's so we have to be quiet and sneak up to my bedroom," he said laughing.

"Okay okay, that was a stupid question. This all took me a little off guard." I waved my hand.

He held my hand and led me through the massive doors, through a dimly lit entryway and another couple of rooms, and finally into another room where he stopped and overhead lights came to life. My head whirled and after the day I had, I shut down. I decided I would take in his house at another time and just noticed my current surroundings. And him.

He was behind the bar and popped open a bottle of champagne. "We have to celebrate your new job, Leslie!"

The new job I expected, I had not expected to see Brett this trip. It was all so overwhelming. I took the glass of champagne and downed it before he could attempt a toast.

He laughed and sat a respectable distance away on the sofa. The champagne was resting in a bucket of ice on the coffee table and he poured another glass and handed it to me. I sipped as though I was not a total heathen.

I heard his text ping and he quickly glanced at it. "Steve," he said and opening it. He says that there is some severe weather headed towards Orlando and it would be a good idea to stay here instead of being out on the roads.

I must have looked at him suspiciously after the switch during dinner because he handed me his phone so I could read the text. It did look legit, but I would have to see weather radar to really trust them, I thought. I nodded and handed it back to him. He replied then set his phone aside.

He leaned back on the sofa. "So have you had time to think about a living situation here when you move?"

"I'll rent or lease until I get a handle on the city and where I might like to buy. I'll put most of my stuff in a storage unit when I get here and deal with it when I find something permanent."

"Good move. This city has very distinct areas that you'll want to learn first. If I can be of any help, I'd like to do so."

I nodded. "I'll likely depend on you and Steve for a bit." I thought for a moment."I love Cocoa and Melbourne, but it's more of a commute than I want to make, even without the ice and snow," I said, laughing.

"Yes, it is. Steve was smart in having two places."

I relaxed and my mind wasn't whirling so much and we went on to talk well past midnight. I had no idea it had gotten so late and went over to the French doors overlooking a deck.

"It's pouring out there." Lightning flashed one burst after another and the thunder just kept rolling.

"He was right," he said, coming to stand next to me. "He was also right in that you should stay. I have plenty of room and although I don't have any women's clothing, I'm sure I can rustle up something you can wear."

I agreed and he showed me to a room with soothing muted tones and indirect lighting. Another huge bathroom with an open shower. The kind which I was always afraid I'd get water everywhere. I smiled to myself thinking how much of a plain jane I really was.

He knocked on the door and handed an oversize t-shirt and a dress shirt. "Your gown and robe, ma'am." I laughed and thanked him.

The shower was wonderful and I ended up not getting water everywhere and it did what it was designed to do. I still was not totally convinced I would have one for myself though. I slipped into his white t-shirt and snuggled into the exquisite cotton sheets. The next thing I knew the sun was shining in the window.

I slipped his shirt on, rolled up the sleeves and padded down the stairs in search of coffee. Halfway there I had a thought that I could very well get lost. I had not paid any attention last night and that was a mistake.

I stopped and texted my brother...

Help. I think I'm lost.

What part of town are you in and I'll guide you to the apartment.

Noooo I'm lost in Brett's house.

WTF sis. Are you drunk?

NO, I'm looking for coffee and not sure where I am.

I did keep wandering and followed my nose when I smelled the coffee. Just then Brett was laughing and texting.

"You scared your brother. He thinks you're wandering around my house drunk, you know." I rolled my eyes and poured a mug of coffee while he let him know I was safe. "He won't let you come out to play with me again if you do that," he said laughing.

I yawned, although I noticed it was well into morning. "Did you have a good night, Leslie?"

"I did. Too good. I slept in scandalously late."

"Quite alright, it's Saturday!" He sat down across the breakfast bar from me. "When do you head back to New York?"

"Day after tomorrow. Because not many do what I do, I'm going to turn in a thirty-day notice to give them time to find a replacement."

He nodded. "Very good idea. The industry is competitive, but very close when it comes to employees actions, bad and good."

He again offered to help in the move at any time. I appreciated it. This was one of those times, that although I'm very independent, I would like someone to rely on.

Brett dropped me off at Steve's apartment and promised to stay in touch. Our kiss was a little more than sealing a promise and I could see if I did not watch myself, I could easily get carried away when it came to that man.

"Soooo, how was your time with Brett," Steve asked.

"Probably not what he expected," I said laughing. "Between the interview, the new job, and the switch you two pulled on me, not to mention that mansion he lives in, I was a bit overwhelmed."

"That is quite the place eh?"

"I don't know him that well but it was a surprise, yeah."

"I don't think that house was his doing. It was all his late wife I'm sure. She came from money and a social-climbing background."

"Late wife?"

"Yeah, she died a few years ago."

"Oh wow."

"Yeah, I don't know what you think about him but I can tell you he's no partier. He attends most of our social gatherings but I've only seen him with a few women and never the same one twice. To be honest sis, I was surprised that he showed such an interest in you. I mean, not that any guy wouldn't be interested in you just that--"

"I getcha bro," I said, laughing. He looked relieved.

That information did put another spin on things, I thought. I crawled into bed that night with him on my mind and was restless with dreams.

The next thirty days flew by because I was not only working out my notice at my old job, but my new job wanted to to start working on a new project remotely. Aeronautics is such and exciting field and I was thrilled to not only be with this the new company, but be in the heart of the industry.

Moving expenditures was covered and I was able to not only have everything packed, but sent to either my apartment or storage. Steve got a line on an apartment and I had jumped at it. It was near work and in an area of town I somewhat knew. I say somewhat because Orlando is constantly evolving and changing. An exciting concept for me.

I didn't want to make the drive myself, and it was still winter, so I had the car delivered and I flew. I wheeled my carry on out into humidity that was so intense that I had to catch a breath. Better get used to it, I thought, laughing to myself.

I looked down the curb and Brett was standing at his car. I waved and he ran up, grabbed my bag, opened the door, I jumped in and we were off.

"Hi," he said glancing over at me and smiling while he navigated us out of there. "Security here is like the gestapo.... KEEP MOVING!" We both laughed.

"They are pretty strict here about no waiting, I'll say that!" I hesitated. "This was a nice surprise."

"I'm glad you think so. I sort of volunteered for the job," he grinned. His silver hair was perfect for the dove grey golf shirt. I wondered if his dark tan was from golf or it was an allover tan.... Get ahold of yourself, Leslie, I thought. "Les?"

"Hmmm?"

"I asked for your address," he said, grinning knowlingly.

"Oh right...."

Steve was right, the apartment was perfect and I was thrilled. My furniture had arrived and was in place. All I had to do was unpack boxes. I never became much of a decorator because my time was spent with schooling then right into work. My jobs have always been intense and by the time I get home, I'm just ready to relax.

"Nice place," Brett said, wheeling my suitcases in the bedroom. "And your furniture all set up already."

"Yeah right? They said they would take care of my move and I guess they did."

"They want you concentrating on your job." He opened the refrigerator and we both peered in. "Hey, you need to stock up. How about lunch and we can stop at the grocery on the way back?" He looked so at home standing in my kitchen that it was hard to place him in that overdone mansion. "What are you smiling about?" he asked, laughing.

I shrugged. "Just happy!"

He brushed my cheek with the back of his hand and ran a thumb across my lower lip. I watched his coming closer and I leaned in to brush them with mine. His fingers wove thorugh my hair while he pressed his lips on mine. I teased them with the tip of my tongue and he parted so I could dip in and taste him. He groaned, and our tongues dueled, my arms going around his neck.

He broke the kiss, looked at me and sighed. This time he angled his head and it was a full open mouth kiss that turned steamy, quickly. I purred in his mouth and he pulled me against him. I rocked my hips into his hard bulge, and he cupped my ass holding me tight. It quickly escalated to wet and messy and the sounds that went with it. He pulled back, sucking in a breath and nuzzling my neck.

"If we don't stop now, Les, I won't be able to."

Since I had first met him at my brother's house, we had been together on and off and I would have easily led him into that bedroom. And although I intended for that to happen very soon, now wasn't the time. I wove my fingers through his hair and regained my breath, but neither of us let go.

"I want you Brett, but not now," I admitted, too old to play games. He nodded.

He had his hands on each side of my face and gave me one last steamy kiss and backed away. "Ready?"

12